PDA

View Full Version : Saturn biker tournament.

Judge
08-09-03, 17:29
Ok, this has been posted in community chat because for this event to work I need alot of help from alot of different people, and they will most likely be reading communty talk. I hope mods understand once they have read the post.

Well I have recently started a Twilight Guardian clan on saturn called the "Wasteland Angels". We are basically a roleplaying clan, who are roleplaying a biker gang. ATM we have not got enough members to start RPing properly, however. :(

We, the Wasteland Angels, wish to organise a large biker tournament at the desert racetrack. Now as we are a working and rather poor clan it is not only an event but a business venture, and we want to make both sides of it work well.... we get a profit and you guys get an evening of fun.

The main races will be done in two leagues. The hovertech league and the Speedbike league. The entry to a tourny is 15K (you have to prvide your own bikes) and the prize money is:

1st: 100K
2nd: 75K
3rd: 25K

We are aiming for around 20 applicants for each league. We shall start with one speedbike league and one hovertech league and if there are more than 20 applicants for each (you can enter both) then we will add more leagues into the evening.

Now this is where I start asking other people to join in and help.

First off I ask New Dawn (or the owning clan at the time) to open one of the three OPs in the zone adjacent to the racetrack. By doing this you will get the profits from everyone genrepping to the OP then walking to the track and it would be SEVERLY lame for someone to attack the OP whilst the event is taking place.

Secondly I want a clan or individual to sell vehicles on the night.... there would be, I'm assuming, people who haven't got vehicles who would want them and there would also be alot of business at the races. We would ask for a small %age of the profits for providing the extra business.

Thirdly I want again either a clan or indiidual (different ones to before would be preferable) to organise the running of a gambling system for the races, this would be organised by the clan/individual themselves as W-A would be too busy organising the leauges and entrys. Once again we would ask for a %age of the profits for providing business.

Both of the above would have complete market monopolys at the event and any other trying to sell or gamble at the event will be forcefully expelled.

Now I plan for this to happen on Saturday the 27th. From 6PM GMT onwards. Unless this clashes with some other large event or some major RL event that I don't know about. :p

If you want to apply for entry to a league/apply for vending/gambling then please email/direct Drikie ingame or PM me on the forums.

Drikie (Biker Chick Extrodinaire)

I stress again that I do need alot of support from the community to make this work well, and it it indeed does work well then we may try organising it as a monthly event. This is being roleplayed by me and my clan, but you don't have to roleplay yourselves. :p

csh1
08-09-03, 17:31
ohhh.....good idea...and you all shoudl jump anyone who attack the op if the GR is opened

Judge
08-09-03, 17:33
Well we only have two PvP ready characters in the clan atm... so I don't think that we would be much help tbh. :p

csh1
08-09-03, 17:40
well you could use contestents..

jernau
08-09-03, 18:22
I'll enter for both leagues assuming it's at a time I can play.

Judge
08-09-03, 19:04
Sweet first contestant :)

Now I plan for this to happen on Saturday the 27th. From 6PM GMT onwards. Unless this clashes with some other large event or some major RL event that I don't know about.

Thats when it should hopefully be :D

Judge
09-09-03, 21:01
Well if this is all the support I get from the fucking community for trying to organise an event then screw you all basically.

Maybe everyone is right. Neocron and its comminity is evidently not the place for RP. Well I'm sorry for entertaining thoughs of trying to make the game more fun. I'll try and be a bitching bitter tosspot like most of the rest of the community next time.

Anyway I know that this thread will get closed for ressurecting it but I don't give a shit. I have got one fucking entrant and its now on the second page of community chat. Oh whoop de do. Well sod it, on the evening that the event was meant to be on I will go kill some newbs... would that be more to your liking?

And sorry jernau the event won't be going on.

csh1
09-09-03, 21:02
judge chill for a sec we do support you but you'll get more peopel at the time....

Judge
09-09-03, 21:13
Not likely, I haven't recieved one PM/email/direct for other entrants or for vending/gambling.

You and jernau are the only two people who have even shown intrest.

csh1
09-09-03, 21:14
:(
Judge maybe err.... *help here guys!*

jernau
09-09-03, 21:16
Well, I'm still up for it and appreciate the effort you are making.

If others are less interested or grateful then that's a shame. I hope you find a way to make it happen.

csh1
09-09-03, 21:39
mt too...it'd be fun :D

Judge
09-09-03, 21:57
My clan and you two can have our own friendly tournament in that case. Same time/place as before, except just us guys. What are your ingame char's names? I will email you there.

jernau
09-09-03, 22:21
Originally posted by Judge
My clan and you two can have our own friendly tournament in that case. Same time/place as before, except just us guys. What are your ingame char's names? I will email you there.

Same name - I'll try to get a few others along too.

FireWarrior
09-09-03, 22:58
Did it not occur to you that maybe some people just plain haven't seen this topic?

I know this is the first time I have seen this.
I'll talk with my clan, it's with NEXT (so be carefull what factions you shoot it at :D ) and with a little luck we may be able to provide either gambling or business services.

I'll have to talk it with my clan-mates and see what happens though.

my in-game name is FireWarrior. Use that (mail is best since I don't have alot of regular times where I'm on) if you decide to do the event after all.

Don't give up though... There's still a while till it's the 27th and odds are good that most people won't find out about the event till it's almost ready to begin... Keep up the faith.

Judge
09-09-03, 23:01
Well I mainly got pissed off because the thread only got 5 posts and within a day it was on page two of the boards... so from there I don't think that people were going to see it. Also I've had a really bad day in both NC and RL so I'm not in the best of moods.

Anyway thank you for your support... I hope that maybe we can get one league going. Though wether there will be prizes depends on the turn out.

Sanch0s
10-09-03, 00:31
Drikie, Drikie,Drikie,

We know that you wont really pk n00bs, because that would involve you killing yourself, but as a rifle pe that wouldent be possible so id have to pk u then u pk me to make up for me pking u, but then cos u pk me id get u. Then i blow your bike and you will start running and i will parashock ypu and pk.

Judge
10-09-03, 16:44
Dude, just cos you're bitter about me calling mal traitors. :rolleyes:

Anyway don't call me a noob.

ezza
10-09-03, 17:20
if its still on i could turn up as my tank, a few imp changes and he should be ok for the hovertech race, if its still on.

what format is the race etc?

oh and my Blackdragon ass wont get smoked and my vehicle blown up will it?:(

10-09-03, 17:51
I'd participate but unfortunately its slap bang in the middle of my holiday (and the villa doesnt have cable modem even if I had a laptop that Neocron would run on)

Do not let the idea die though - you might want to consider contact Felissa (sp?) if she still plays about getting involved

djskum
10-09-03, 17:58
Well as usual I will put myself forward and as many 101st as I can get my hands on, for contestants/security/marchalling whatever.

Must get Saturn RPing more!!!

DjSKum

Judge
10-09-03, 18:40
Ok, in that case I will organise the actual tournament once I see the amount of people who have come.

There will be NO faction who will be shot on sight. I would also like you to keep your clan differences behind you at the event.

It would be good to have a merc security team.... as long as you guys will work with me, I have killed a few of you 101st guys over the last two weeks or so. :p

If you pull a weapon and fire on someone unless in an organised duel with consent then you are free game for anyone to kill you. So I wouldn't near to any faction enemies ;)

As for the format... I was planning races of 4 speedbikes, with the winner going on to the next race of 4 etc.... untill there was one eventual winner, there will be some one on one races if you want them as well.

Yeah saturn RP sucks atm....

Once again I apologise for my outburst, as I said I hadn't had a good day and I was severly pissed off with several RL people I know (no longer calling them friends :mad: ).

So anyone who wants to come can come :)

Chaplin
10-09-03, 19:31
delete and ban Saturn Bikers

Judge
10-09-03, 19:45
Who the hell are you and get the hell out of my thread. You don't want to come? Fine just don't post your negativity here. Its not welcome by anyone.

jernau
10-09-03, 19:48
Yeah, what the hell do you think you are contributing with that kind of post?

We all know events are few and far between at the best of times. Doubly so on Saturn thanks to certain people's idiotic behaviour in the past.

Chaplin
10-09-03, 19:49
Originally posted by Judge
Who the hell are you and get the hell out of my thread. You don't want to come? Fine just don't post your negativity here. Its not welcome by anyone.

Hey, your idea is cool and I support all sort of events that come up on Saturn like i did with the SEALs on Felissas events...
Just let me go on spamming, okay? ;)

Judge
10-09-03, 19:51
Ok, just don't spam in my thread, I don't want it closed (any more :p ).

I still haven't heard anything from New Dawn on the forums about this... I must go talk to them in person.

jernau
10-09-03, 19:51
Originally posted by Chaplin
Hey, your idea is cool and I support all sort of events that come up on Saturn like i did with the SEALs on Felissas events...
Just let me go on spamming, okay? ;)

Hey, it's your account to lose but maybe this thread wasn't the best place to do it.