PDA

View Full Version : Mainsewers

]v[ortice
08-09-03, 17:08
Dues Given to Duder (But you weren't the first to pimp this Idea).

About time the Mainsewer got a complete overhaul imo.

That place has fantastic potential and i love going down there just to remind myself how hard it was when I first started on this game.

But times have changed and I really believe that Mainsewer and all of its glorious sectors are underused and are in need of an overhaul.

I would like KK to use this area for more dedicated and harder MOBs. I would like some HARD quests that send you down there to speak to the odd NPC that require help from other runners to reach with various items to require. I would LOVE KK to introduce an UBER hard area where only the elite of the elite stand a chance of lasting more than 2 minutes.

- Lots of new and exciting Mobs pls.
- Maybe it could be home to someone too? As in a secret faction base?
- Some nice to acquire items would be lovely too (Filter Heart 3 lol)

Please use this thread for Ideas to add to the Mainsewer refurberation and Callash might just read it and do something about it/ get someone to do somethng about it :) I would die the day he graced one of my posts with a reply heheheh

In Closing: MAINSEWER MAINSEWER MAINSEWER... POTENTIAL POTENTIAL POTENTIAL!!!!!!!1111111111111oneoneone

Duder
08-09-03, 17:22
I used to level there when i was a wee little n00b, too bad all these, what, 5,6, maybe 7 mainsewer sectors are unused.

Thats 6, 7 sectors, unused, and full of fruity potential.

Heavyporker
08-09-03, 17:23
Hrmmm... actually, it'd rock if the mainsewers were a stopping point in several of the runs one would need to acquire one of the <TL 100 superiors...

And, yes, the deeper reaches of the mainsewers really should be populated with tougher mutants than the rats and aggies of the first couple doors into the mainsewers... not butchees and cyclops, but NEW mutants. Think of a 50/50 flamer mutant :eek: or perhaps even a 60/60 - 70/70 PSI Mutant with shelter and barrels :eek:

The storyline and mutant NPCs states that the mutated humans have been pushed into the mainsewers and abandoned places of Neocron City... so, yeah, they should remain in some extent in the mainsewers...

But the mainsewers look awesome the way they are now, so no need to change that aspect... just the spawns and what the normal humans do with it... Yeah, it should be safe enough to put some normal human NPCs in a room here or there that has the mutant spawns removed, so ppl have to work their way in, yet not have to worry about the mobs killing the NPCs.

Ryuben
08-09-03, 17:36
yeah u can follow the mutant story line up have a mutant base there, say an out post of regents legacy u got to go there to open up regents :eek: omg omg kos kos kos !!!!!1 do this NOW!!!

MUTANT KING 180/180 **** spawns every mother fucking mutant omg omg omg kos kos kos hes got a minni gun omg omg omg

/me explodes

Itth
08-09-03, 17:57
Originally posted by Ryuben

MUTANT KING 180/180 **** spawns every mother fucking mutant omg omg omg kos kos kos hes got a minni gun omg omg omg

best idea in ages.

no it sucks, teh king should Be 367/367 ****** ROFL OMFG WTF KOS!!11

]v[ortice
08-09-03, 18:07
Without jesting, lots of KOSes, ones and OMGs.

You guys really hit on a good idea.

Why not have a uber hard MOB down there?

The Beast that lurks below so to speak. Would be an awesome addition.

Maybe it could hover in one of those big open sewer bits hehehe. Deffo for tentacles and projectiles that one i think. We could run a spin off story that its the mutated remains of Reeza's turds?

Or just go for a plain old 'failed experiment' garbage line. Umbrella anyone?

Keep the ideas rolling!

Entity :)

Scikar
08-09-03, 18:08
The mainsewers should be linked to the normal sewers like KK always planned.

Heraclitus
08-09-03, 18:29
The sewers would be a good place for a covert DoY base of operations after the expansion. A place where where TG/FA/DoY could hang out and level and slip into Neocron when they had to.

Progenitor
08-09-03, 18:37
It is a shame that the epics didn't take advantage of the Main Sewer a bit more.

It was nice that they had the OZ8, OZ1 and IndA npcs that you had to visit - a lot of people never went to those places before.

There should be more variety of MoBs down there, so that it is interesting to go into. Maybe something like that Swamp monster that spawns those tenticles. It should do poison and/or xray damage - afterall, it lives in that toxic sewer water it's whole life.

Put some old demented super-PSI-Monk down there that spawns tougher enlightend Acolytes and Preachers. (They have to come from someplace afterall)

I'd really like to see certain portions of the city that become closed off and the only way to them is through the main sewer.

Perhaps some of the recycle loot items that aren't currently dropping, like "malformed brain", "muscle sinews" and "tronik parts" should only be obtainable from the MoBs that live in the mainsewer. And live in a section that isn't directly connected to the city proper - i.e. you have to travel at least two mainsewer zones to get to them.

Anything, other than pure sight-seeing, that would make it worthwhile to visit the sewers would be good though.

-p

]v[ortice
08-09-03, 18:50
I really think that the Mainsewer could be THE place to get lost in.

Imagine if KK made it an Uber hard levelling area. If you got 3 zones in and started running out of resources. You would really face certain death trying to get out the way you came in (unless ur a ppu obviously).

Lets say if KK introduce some team quests. If the Mobs were hard enuff you would have to have the aid of other runners in order to complete your objectives. Not because the mission says so. Simply because you can't do it on your own.

Mainsewer zones provide an excellent dungeon effect. I wonder if anyone ever mapped them?

EDIT: would anyone care to rate this thread?