PDA

View Full Version : Rares... What to do...

Q`alooaith
08-09-03, 15:14
Ok, Simple question, what to do about rare weapons and implants, right now the droprate is lowish, but the number of rare's very high still, and they are quite an imballence in PvP fights..

So I've had a few thought's on how to deal with the problems..

Solution 1;

Nerf them, basicaly makes them less powerfull and only better than none rares for their better capped stats.

Pro's, Everyone keeps their rares and they give some advantage to the user.

Con's, Rare's are still everywhere, and they don't much advantage for the effort to build them..

Solution 2;

Remove them, Just simply remove all the rare weapons from the game, replacing them with a none rare eqvilent

Pro's, Get's the job done, and no future issuses with rare weapons.

Con's, Everyone loses their rares, and might be very hard to code.

Solution 3;

Whipe them, Basicaly whipe all the rare's and Rareparts now in game, and reduce the droprate to 1% chance from 120/120 mobs, less for lower level mobs...

Pro's, Rare's stay powerfull, and require dedication to aquire, PvP is not filled with them, they become rare...

Con's, Everyone loses their rares, rareparts don't come in as much, so less need for high end researchers..

So there's the idea's, you don't have to like them, in which case don't post.

sparrowtm
08-09-03, 15:15
Originally posted by Q`alooaith

This is cruel :(

BlackDove
08-09-03, 15:18
Hmm I choose *none of the above*

Nice ideas though.

Q`alooaith
The options are there, if you don't like them, don't vote.

I don't want to give people a chance to flame this, so there is no option to vote, No or keep as is.

Originally posted by BlackDove
Hmm I choose *none of the above*

Nice ideas though.

I said, if you don't want to vote, don't post..

LTA

Solution 3;

Whipe them, Basicaly whipe all the rare's and Rareparts now in game, and reduce the droprate to 1% chance from 120/120 mobs, less for lower level mobs...

Pro's, Rare's stay powerfull, and require dedication to aquire, PvP is not filled with them, they become rare...

Con's, Everyone loses their rares, rareparts don't come in as much, so less need for high end researchers..

At the end of the day this option will still not solve it, the big clans will just head out and re farm on a large scale and everyone else who has ample amounts of time will.
Eventually you will end up with the uber leets and the peeps with no hope in hell.

btw i voted 1 :p

Nullifidian
08-09-03, 15:22
Solution 4:

Make storebought weapons of the same TL as every rare. These weapons wouldn't build at as high a quality, so they'd be almost impossible to cap

Pro: All the players who don't want to spend time roasting marshmellows get a chance to have PvP. Rares are still slightly more powerful however, thus giving lameass girlscouts something to still strive for.

Cons: Some of the more whiney existing girlscouts might begin to complain that they are no longer guaranteed pure vitory against non-girlscouts.

P.S. Solution 2 is super super easy to code. It doesn't even require changing any code. All they have to do is add a couple database entries and remove the entries for the rares.
P.P.S. Oh, and since solution 4 wasn't available I voted for 2.

Q`alooaith
08-09-03, 15:25
Originally posted by Nullifidian

P.S. Solution 2 is super super easy to code. It doesn't even require changing any code. All they have to do is add a couple database entries and remove the entries for the rares.

Not so easy when you think, they'd have to change all the rare types to non rare.. though it would be pretty easy..

The point is to get the number down first, then ballence them out..

Nullifidian
08-09-03, 15:26
Not so easy when you think, they'd have to change all the rare types to non rare.. though it would be pretty easy..

Can be done with a couple of SQL update statements, man. 1 script, that's it.

SilentGravity
08-09-03, 15:27
Remove em, they were never a good idea in the first place, the only purpose they have is as a timesink.

Q`alooaith
08-09-03, 15:28
Can be done with a couple of SQL update statements, man. 1 script, that's it.

And what did I say, pretty easy...

Bloody hell, no one listens anymore.

anyway, you've then gotta remove all the rareparts, and deal with the backlash of complaints..

ghandisfury
08-09-03, 19:25
Solution 5 up the rare drop the way it used to be. I like hunting for rares, I like building them, I like selling them.....I like searching for that last part that I've needed for 2 weeks.......

So, the solution (imo) would be for them to increase rare drop.

Lethys
08-09-03, 19:29
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Solution 5 up the rare drop the way it used to be. I like hunting for rares, I like building them, I like selling them.....I like searching for that last part that I've needed for 2 weeks.......

So, the solution (imo) would be for them to increase rare drop.

I like that idea :)

Alternatively.......

Solution 6: everyone stop whinging :rolleyes:

RayBob
08-09-03, 19:35
Yet another dumb poll without an option for: No change.

ghandisfury
08-09-03, 19:37
Originally posted by RayBob
Yet another dumb poll without an option for: No change.

He already said why he didn't add that option...give him a break, or add a solution of your own.;)

KimmyG
08-09-03, 19:37
Solution 1 - what does thios accomplish? its easier to cap stats on a 5 slot none rare than 120 all rare.

Solution 2 - Total removeal sure hour and hours of people work taken clean away with one patch. That will go well.

Solution 3 - what is accomplished here when the big clans do some mad farming combine there rare pools then have a serious advantage and same with the few small groups of friends.

All and All rares are fine I dont see how people have trouble getting rares. I dont know half this forum wants easy lvling to be able to GR everywhere have LE safety and want to do zero work for there rare wepons. Then complain that there bored.

FBI
08-09-03, 19:43
Or, we could wait and see what Lupus does because he's doing
alot with weapons right now, moving them up the TL ladder and
so on. Alot of weapons that are not viable now would be if Lupus
comes through.

RayBob
08-09-03, 19:44
Originally posted by ghandisfury
..give him a break, or add a solution of your own.;)

How can I suggest a solution when there is no problem?

Spoon
08-09-03, 19:47
*Biased Poll Alert*

Neo LoneWolf
08-09-03, 19:47
Creating a poll whereby anyone who doesn't like your ideas doesn't get a voice in the poll.

:rolleyes:

Personally, I like rares. Sure, the system as-is is far from perfect. But rares add to the depth of the story and feel of the gameworld (does anyone know if all the histories all been translated from german yet, btw?), they give players who don't just log in to PvP something worthwhile to do, and they promote player interaction (trading).

However, the gap in power between storebought weapons and rares is far too large. (Take plasma cannon damages 4x133; 4x180; 4x214, and a CS' 4x324 [data taken from neocron.ems.ru])

My choice would be to either add in a fourth storebought weapon of each type which requires drop-only weaponparts 9 and 10 (haven't been high-level bob hunting for a while - if they aren't already drop-only, then make them so - also change the drop-rate of them to be commensurate with the new demand), OR up storebought weapons effects to closer to rares' and change the required parts of the third-llevel shop-bought weapons to include parts 9/10.

Add to the game, don't take stuff away unnecessarily.

Progenitor
08-09-03, 19:49
Solution 4 (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72534) :)

Solution 5 leave 'em as is.

I'd love to see 3 done, just to see the mad rush to acquire rare parts.

-p

(Soution 4 has my vote)

Judge
08-09-03, 20:35
First off if you don't provide a keep it as it is option then it is quite blatantly a biased poll. Personally I like my solution, which is quite possibly the way that Callash might change it to.

My Idea (http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74426)

:)

Ste-X
08-09-03, 20:40
add a one hit kill weapon for every class with a 305 rof

zAo
08-09-03, 20:56
thats a great idea, only the spys and monks shouldnt get that weapon, or the pes for that matter..... lets just give it to the tanks, and lets make them level 5 x faster than any other class.

DonnyJepp
08-09-03, 21:15
Why do any of these things? The only thing needed is a bump in the tech parts drop rate.

ghandisfury
08-09-03, 21:16
Originally posted by RayBob
How can I suggest a solution when there is no problem?

yes there is a problem. Most of the capped players have aquired their rares (with 25 backups and 1000 other parts for trade) when it was easier, and more rewarding. Now that it's harder, and less rewarding there is a giant gap from the capped vet players, and the capped new players.

FuzzyDuck
08-09-03, 21:19
or you could just be jealous - wishing that you had all these rares, and since you don't you're trying to make sure no one else has them. I like my 4 slot CS, 4 slot PE and capped holy lightning.

Nullifidian
08-09-03, 21:32
Originally posted by FuzzyDuck
or you could just be jealous - wishing that you had all these rares, and since you don't you're trying to make sure no one else has them. I like my 4 slot CS, 4 slot PE and capped holy lightning.

Or maybe you'd just like to participate in PvP, an essential aspect of the game, but can't because you don't like cooking smores over a campfire like the rest of the girlscout hoarde out there currently.

Judge
08-09-03, 21:50
Cha Ching Null got it in one. :)

KidWithStick
08-09-03, 22:24
MAKE TECHS DROP LIKE THE 1337 D4YS

Dirus
08-09-03, 22:44
Originally posted by FBI
Or, we could wait and see what Lupus does because he's doing
alot with weapons right now, moving them up the TL ladder and
so on. Alot of weapons that are not viable now would be if Lupus
comes through.

Currently only Damage, Aim, Range, Accuracy, Weight of weapons is being looked at.

Main reason behind it all is to try and lessen the need for Rare weapons to compete in PvP, while still offering those with them a slight advantage over the store bought weapons.

I have not worked out just what the benifits of the Rares would be, but so far I'm planning for longer range, faster aiming, a little more accurate, and lighter then a store bought version. They will have a Damage advantage, but only due to their higher TL for the most part. However I may consider giving them a slight power advantage over a similar weapon with the same TL, but its still all being decided.

The lineup reworks are not official and are more just a trial idea of my own to see how the community would react to a total lineup revamp. The main reason for it is to lessen the gaps in the TL's between weapons, and to try and make groups out of the different types so you have a plasma, fusion, ray, etc. within so far of each other. In the Melee lineup case theres a few more added to it. Depending on just how favorable the community is towards the lineup changes, I may or may not see about taking it higher and seeing about getting it put in game. There is a few issues that would have to be resolved before it would even possibly happen however.

If you feel like taking a look at them, you can find them in the Test Server Forum. I still have not done either of the PSI lineups, as I do them when I have spare time.

Again. These are not planned changes, and are more just ideas I'm tossing around. They're not offical in anyway.

Pistol Lineup Changes (http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74361)

Rifle Lineup Changes (http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74283)

Melee Lineup Changes *worry about names if the changes get done, I'm not worried about them now* (http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74216)

Heavyweapon Lineup Changes (http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74729)

Q`alooaith
08-09-03, 23:53
Lupus, I'll ask you kindly not to hijack my thread thankyou...

So your a voting Solution 1, a change to the rares and none rare's damage and aiming to bring them closer, very nice..

How's about Store weapon versions of rares, like EXP Plasma cannons(CS), and would be constable, but only to a normal level for a non rare weapon of it's own TL..

Makes rare's less vital, but still better since they'd cap more easly..

FBI
09-09-03, 00:20
Originally posted by Lupus
Currently only Damage, Aim, Range, Accuracy, Weight of weapons is being looked at.

Main reason behind it all is to try and lessen the need for Rare weapons to compete in PvP, while still offering those with them a slight advantage over the store bought weapons.

I have not worked out just what the benifits of the Rares would be, but so far I'm planning for longer range, faster aiming, a little more accurate, and lighter then a store bought version. They will have a Damage advantage, but only due to their higher TL for the most part. However I may consider giving them a slight power advantage over a similar weapon with the same TL, but its still all being decided.

Awesome Lupus, looking at the Heavy Weapon changes right now
NCPD flamer at tl 96 ... :)

No offense Q'alooaith, your thread is a waste of time if you think
anything will be done. Your poll is also biased to a good degree,
if the KK devs themselves saw this thread they'd simply ignore
this like many other things.

The funny part though is, usually the Devs don't look at these
types of threads at all, they don't have the time that's why there
are people like Lupus that pass on all the good and worthwhile
ideas to the devs to make it easier on them. So now that you told
him to screw off even though this post pertained to the thread
topic "rares, what to do" which lupus is dealing with currently,
what is the purpose of this thread other than to show that your a
rude bastard? Again, no offense but you need some happy pills.

Also, this is Forseti's forum not yours, so you can't tell people if
they can post or not, you could ask kindly.. :angel:

Oh, I voted for Solution 4: which is to wait to see what Lupus has
to offer since weapons are his field.

-FBI

Q`alooaith
09-09-03, 00:28
FBI, you have given nothing towards this thread, and you don't like it so don't post..

I simply asked lupus not to steal away my thread to pimp his sugestions, cause unless somthings changed his proposed weapon changes are just suggestions.

Also, my poll is baised, but only in that it veiws rare's as broken, and takes that as a fact, nothing more..

Many people say rare's are broken, so I give a poll where the point is what fix would be best for broken rare's..

I'm not asking if somthing's wrong, I'm saying it's wrong and asking what should be done about it, it's not biasesd to any of the options..

I even made the poll cryptic, so people have to read the suggestions before they assume the worst and post some silly junk..

So in short FBI, 1, 2 or 3, like an eye test, is it better or worse.

Dirus
09-09-03, 01:00

So your a voting Solution 1, a change to the rares and none rare's damage and aiming to bring them closer, very nice..

How's about Store weapon versions of rares, like EXP Plasma cannons(CS), and would be constable, but only to a normal level for a non rare weapon of it's own TL..

Makes rare's less vital, but still better since they'd cap more easly..

I didn't mean to hijack your thread, my post was two fold, one to partially give you some information as to whats up with weapons including the rares, and second to stop a rumor from spreading and to point people to the source of the information, since TL changes are not in the works.

And yes my aim is more for Solution 1 in a way.

As for store versions of the Rares at their own TL. That is something that could be looked at. Tho right now I'd rather see more added to the game in the low to mid area, and the stuff thats already ingame for the top end re-worked so it's more viable.

KimmyG
09-09-03, 01:32
OK I guess this is to help people who arn't good at the game or to lazy to get rares. Now how does making rares not much better than store bought crafted wepons help? If your to nib or lazy to get a rare there I will assume you wont exert anymore energy to get a 5 slot wepon wich should pwn any low slot wepon you will hold.

Unless you plan on selling 120 all five sloters from the store.

Q`alooaith
09-09-03, 08:38
Making rare's not greatly better than storebought weapons means, that if you've got a storebought weapon, you've still got a chance, while somone with a rare will have an advantage, it would not be so overpowered that people without rares just want to run away, since they can't win..

Think TPC Vs, CS for a second, a good CS, maybe two slots with 115% damage or so and a damage mod, Vs a 3 slot TPC, who's going to come out of the fight better of, given that both are using near capped tanks, with a resonbale level of skill at PvP..

Right now, CS tank most days..

Rare's should be EXP bones to Advanced bones, slighty stronger, lighter and more effective..
As they are now, they are like compairing Biotech bones to Batqueen bones..

I see rare's as EXP weapon systems, so maybe we could see some EXP Plasma cannon's with the same req's as a CS, but would be limited by the current build rules..

and I do agree with Lupus, it's a pain in the arse to be mid to low level as most classes, since there's not many weapons you can use effectivly in PvP, cept the raygun's, but then you get called a gimp and other not so ice names..

Though I would like to see a high end Psi attack, right now APU's drop a damage type at high level, which is most effective Vs monks..

LagWarrior
09-09-03, 11:10
Ok, Simple question, what to do about rare weapons and implants, ... Well, a simple question deserves a simple answer: Do NOTHING about rare weapons and implants!

This poll is biased as hell so there is no point in arguing.

Peace & out

Nullifidian
09-09-03, 15:15
Originally posted by KimmyG
OK I guess this is to help people who arn't good at the game or to lazy to get rares. Now how does making rares not much better than store bought crafted wepons help? If your to nib or lazy to get a rare there I will assume you wont exert anymore energy to get a 5 slot wepon wich should pwn any low slot wepon you will hold.

Dude, not everyone is a fucking girlscout camper like yourself. There are folks out there who like to ENJOY games, and camping is the opposite of enjoyment.

There are also a lot of people out there who don't like to farm. They like to every session to be different. God forbid a game give them new things to do every time they log in.

How much fucking skill does it take to sit there firing at a mob that acts exactly the same as every other mob, but their only difference is that they have a number over their head that says 120/120 instead of 20/20? Just for the hell of it, one time I wanted to see if I could kill a Grim Chaser with a newb spy using the lowest sniper rifle. It took well over an hour, but I killed it. I didn't get jack shit off it though. Ok, so I'd have to repeat that process for an undeterminable number of times. After the first time or second time it might still be fun. After the 50th time I'd be about ready to fucking quit. THIS IS A GAME. IT SHOULD BE FUN FIRST AND FOREMOST. So stop your fucking whining about "work" this and "work" that. Games aren't work; if you feel you're working, then that's something that's WRONG. If I wanted to work more, I'd put in some overtime at my JOB.

Progenitor
09-09-03, 15:21
In 30-45 minutes last night I found 5 tech parts, no implants

In the next one to two hours after that, I found one additional tech part and three implants.

For the night, it wasn't bad.

My only problem, is that I find them on Doomreapers and Terror Leapers. All I get off of Chasers and Persecutors is some 9 and 10 level construction parts. I rarely find tech parts on the highest level MoBs.

It should be the other way around. The 120/120 mobs should give greater rewards than the lower level ones.

-p

Scikar
09-09-03, 16:06
If you read Lupus heavy weapons lineup thread, you'll notice that damage is being tweaked. Currently, CS is 1.5x as powerful as TPC, with the changes it will be 1.29x.

KimmyG
09-09-03, 16:23
Dude, not everyone is a fucking girlscout camper like yourself. There are folks out there who like to ENJOY games, and camping is the opposite of enjoyment.

There are also a lot of people out there who don't like to farm. They like to every session to be different. God forbid a game give them new things to do every time they log in.

How much fucking skill does it take to sit there firing at a mob that acts exactly the same as every other mob, but their only difference is that they have a number over their head that says 120/120 instead of 20/20? Just for the hell of it, one time I wanted to see if I could kill a Grim Chaser with a newb spy using the lowest sniper rifle. It took well over an hour, but I killed it. I didn't get jack shit off it though. Ok, so I'd have to repeat that process for an undeterminable number of times. After the first time or second time it might still be fun. After the 50th time I'd be about ready to fucking quit. THIS IS A GAME. IT SHOULD BE FUN FIRST AND FOREMOST. So stop your fucking whining about "work" this and "work" that. Games aren't work; if you feel you're working, then that's something that's WRONG. If I wanted to work more, I'd put in some overtime at my JOB.

WTF do you enjoy about the game you dont want to farm or plvl to cap?

So lets just sell the rares clean from shop and 2x the exp make it nice and easy then what are you gonna do?

So what the hell is wrong with fighting the mobs and trading to get the shit what other game a has a nice arry freebie top line items. What game has the best shit to be bought off vendors?

And yes game require work

It takes an element of work and care to
build items
make money
lvl your char
setup your char

Nullifidian
09-09-03, 17:37
WTF do you enjoy about the game you dont want to farm or plvl to cap?

The game isn't about levelling, and it isn't about getting "ph4t l00t", it's a ROLEPLAYING game. You play a role in a virtual world. That's the purpose of this game. For example, my newest char I've been focusing on is an APU monk with Crahn. The role I would like to play through this char is somewhat of a "seeker of heretics". I will seek out the enemies of the church and expose them to the "holy fire of Crahn". I'm still low level and do not have a clan, however, were I to join one, it would have to be one which refuses to deal with faction enemies. This character is unconcerned with power, money, or aquisition of items. All that matters is that the will of Crahn be upheld and the heretics be punished for their blasphemy.

I have another character which is a hacker/rifleman for Fallen Angels. He's not an exceptional hacker; he only hacks as kind of a hobby, to cause mischief more than anything. Although he's a rifleman, he doesn't seek to use it to kill, merely to test and hone his skills. Firing a shot or two then running also goes a long way in causing mischief. He finds great fun in taking a shot at someone, then immediately stealthing and watching them run around everywhere looking for him restlessly. He takes great risks frequently throwing caution to the wind; and many times getting killed as a result. Thank god for Gene Reps!

I have other characters as well, one of which I would very much like to be able to play the role of underworld criminal. A fixer of sorts. Unfortunately gameplay prevents this currently since nothing is illegal in Neocron, and the Pepper Park is nothing more than a city zone that you can fire your guns in.

So lets just sell the rares clean from shop and 2x the exp make it nice and easy then what are you gonna do?

Participate in what I've always participated in. Is this game only a fucking treadmill for you? I honestly think of levelling as a chore. IMO, everyone should start out capped. Levelling shouldn't even exist. It's a tedious chore.

So what the hell is wrong with fighting the mobs and trading to get the shit what other game a has a nice arry freebie top line items. What game has the best shit to be bought off vendors?

Baldur's Gate, to name one.

Oh and of course the biggest game of all: real life.

And yes game require work

It takes an element of work and care to
build items
make money
lvl your char
setup your char

Whether or not something is WORK is a matter of perception. Both work and play can result in satisfaction over a finished result. However there's a basic rule of thumb to determine which is which:

If you had fun during the process of getting to the finished result, you are playing

If you didn't have fun while getting to the finished result, you are working

Sure, getting a nice cool gun is fun. Sure I like getting cool items, lots of people do. However, I don't have fun sitting there shooting the same damn mobs over and over again a hundred times over to collect the fucking parts to that gun. Therefore, I consider that work: not fun. If you on the other hand enjoy shooting the same mob hundreds of times for hours and hours on end, then for you, that's play.

Games are supposed to be FUN. That is their entire purpose. If a game is not fun then it is a complete and 100% failure. If a game actually takes away fun, if it's tedious and causes frustration, then it is the exact opposite of what a game is supposed to be.

It's like for example, if you had a doctor that never helped you or healed you in any way. If this doctor never healed or helped a patient ever, he would be a complete and 100% failure. If that doctor hurt or killed every patient he would be the opposite of what a doctor is supposed to be.

Morigan
09-09-03, 17:51
Tp be honest .... i didnt read the previous posts. but there is a solution you didnt mention and that wouldnt fuck all the runner that have collected rares in the past.

My solution is:
Make all Rareweapons researchable like the Punisher and the Particle Nemesis. When you build the Rareweapon out of the Bp the the max Quality is better cause of the hight tl with 5 slots ultima mod and whatever max outstanding. A weapon out of Rareparts would still be 'Perfect or Artifact (depending on the tl and the constructor).

Pro:
- You would have the weapons near to Rareweapons that would be near the same but still weaker then the originals
- You could use the Weaponparts 9 and 10 which are worthless at the moment for the new BPs.
- Within a week BPs of all Rareweapons would be on the market.

Com:
- Everyone would have a Rareweapon and the wouldnt be really Rare.

I am against the Idea of chancing anything. The Raresystem is good as it is (i have a App full of rareweapons and another full of Rareparts and i hunt allone no clan, no ppu ...). But if there will come a chnge that wuld be the best way so noone have to fell.... ... hab about loosing his rareweapons or something.

If my solution was mentioned before i am sorry as i said i didnt read all the posts.

Morigan
(Living on Saturn since a year now)

zii
09-09-03, 18:33
(I admit I've only read the 1st page's comments)

Why wipe them. I worked hard for my rares.

Why you're at it; How about a character wipe as well? That would really level the playing field.

zii
09-09-03, 18:41
Sorry I can't vote as I can't see option 4: Leave them as they are.

Spy<VS>Spy
09-09-03, 19:18
remove them and reduce monk shields...there should be no reason to absolutely needing a pain easer or equivilent to dent a passive monk.

i'm old school...and that means, you get shot allot, you die! god damn it...stop messing with the formular KK.

Q`alooaith
09-09-03, 19:44
Originally posted by zii
Sorry I can't vote as I can't see option 4: Leave them as they are.

Thats because, it's not a soulution..

Rare's do have problems, so what is a better fix..

I'm not asking, "are rare's borked", I'm asking "rare's are borked, what do you want to do about it"

KimmyG
09-09-03, 19:59
I'm not asking, "are rare's borked", I'm asking "rare's are borked, what do you want to do about it"

Thats your opinion and u didn't leave an option to see if others share your view and seeing only 16 voted I say no one does.

Dru Blood
09-09-03, 20:02
wheres the option that says leave it as it is?

its fine as it is. maybe just certain rares being removed from the pool.

Q`alooaith
09-09-03, 20:04
Thats your opinion and u didn't leave an option to see if others share your view and seeing only 16 voted I say no one does.

No

You do not understand, the point of this poll is not to find out who thinks what's broken, but to find out what way people would want it fixed

Clearly this concept is beyond many of you lot, so Ill try another way..

For the sake of this poll, rare weapons are broken, How should they be fixed.

There, now if you want to keep saying they are not broken, your going madly off topic, because, in this poll and thread at least, they are broken..

Morigan
09-09-03, 22:03
You dont understand the problem.

THERE IS NOTHING TO BE FIXED CAUSE ITS GOOD AS IT IS !

btw i wrote my opinion that you forgot a solution 4 to make rares researchable but noone said anything about it.

Morigan

Q`alooaith
10-09-03, 00:57
Originally posted by Morigan
THERE IS NOTHING TO BE FIXED CAUSE ITS GOOD AS IT IS !

If you can't be bothered to read the thread start to end, I won't bother to read your post at all...

You have no voice here, neither does anyone who wants to say rare's are not broken, I've said it too many times, even if you don't think they are bust, in this thread they are, how would you fix them..

Not rocket seince, I'm not asking if they are broken, I'm asking how you would fix them.

KidWithStick
10-09-03, 01:11
you shoulda added another option.

increase the drop rate

pro's: everyone will have the same chance to get rares, no matter how long they play each day, or what clan there in.

con's: people like blackdove will be mad because he cant stand people having the same chances as him.

Q`alooaith
10-09-03, 01:26
Originally posted by KidWithStick
you shoulda added another option.

increase the drop rate

pro's: everyone will have the same chance to get rares, no matter how long they play each day, or what clan there in.

con's: people like blackdove will be mad because he cant stand people having the same chances as him.

Very true..

But then comes the problem, people complain that..

"rare's are too common"

And shit like that

I'm all for a good old droprate boost to maybe a TP in 60/60 mobs and above, or a C part if they don't have a rarepart..
But then you get the problem, of people not wanting low slot rares, they want the uber 5 slot rares, and the farming starts again, and they just collect hundreds of rare's they'll never use, for that one four slot one, which they'll use untill it breaks to nothing, and so it starts over again..

Rare's now, it don't matter if it's unsloted, it'll still shift pretty quick, almost as fast as epic items, up the droprate, and people only want the "good" rares again, so CS parts cost most and only high slots is good..

KidWithStick
10-09-03, 01:51
Very true..

But then comes the problem, people complain that..

"rare's are too common"

And shit like that

I'm all for a good old droprate boost to maybe a TP in 60/60 mobs and above, or a C part if they don't have a rarepart..
But then you get the problem, of people not wanting low slot rares, they want the uber 5 slot rares, and the farming starts again, and they just collect hundreds of rare's they'll never use, for that one four slot one, which they'll use untill it breaks to nothing, and so it starts over again..

Rare's now, it don't matter if it's unsloted, it'll still shift pretty quick, almost as fast as epic items, up the droprate, and people only want the "good" rares again, so CS parts cost most and only high slots is good..

yea, you actually have a point.

but still i had alot more fun having it that way than i do now. so you do the math.

edit:

searching for that uber 4-5 slot rare was one of the only things left for a completly capped player... when they took that away people left because you coudlnt even try and get good shit anymore without it being boringly difficult.

Morigan
10-09-03, 07:41
on page 3 of that thread you can read my solution and it wouldnt just fix your problem it would also fix the problem that wp 9 and wp 10 are worthless at the moment..

Morigan

edit:
you would also fix another problem with my idea... if you loose a rebuild rare weapon you can easily replace it by building a new one and the constructors and researcher would have more highlevel work to raise there skills (for last construct levelup i needed a week and that can not be)