PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid back -- APU away

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 11:59
Well since most games actually add hybrids there's gotta be a reason.
IMO Neo should have hybrids back, but for christs sake lower APU dmg damnit!
Atm you get time to think "What the he......" and ur dead since most APU's, not mentioning ANYONE in particular, backstab u instead of duel when ur unbuffed..
Like wise if a damn tank with cs did that you would have time to atleast think "What the hell?! CS!! GAAAA...." and ur dead.
Same rights for everyone I say!
PEs can buff themself, Spies can buff themself, hell even tanks can buff themself alittle, so why not apus?!

ericdraven
08-09-03, 12:03
Finally leave the monks as they are. I am not in the mood to change my setup every two weeks.

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 12:06
Well tell me your honest opinion other than your just lazy..

Originally posted by ericdraven
Finally leave the monks as they are. I am not in the mood to change my setup every two weeks.

ezza
08-09-03, 12:10
how is he lazy, the monks have had to put up with changes since the start.

a lot of monks spent a lot of time in plaza lomming there psi lossing levels that take time to gain.

so you want us all back in medi lomming once againo_O

i dont see any prob with monks as they are

bounty
08-09-03, 12:11
I too am sick of spending hours upon hours in medicare everytime there is a new patch.

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 12:13
This is what I'm saying.
A minute ago u all whine about PPU being gods
And apus doing dmg and this and that and shit and god knows what
Now when I offer an offer that's a problem too...
WTF do u want with the monks? Seriously?o_O

ericdraven
08-09-03, 12:16
Originally posted by Richard Slade
WTF do u want with the monks? Seriously?o_O

AS i said - FINALLY LEAVE THEM AS THEY ARE. Thanks.

Q`alooaith
08-09-03, 12:19
Leave the monks alone..

Right now it is still fully possible to hyrbid and be pretty effective, though your damage is not as high and buff's not as good, you can still buff yourself and do a great ammount of damage.

Personaly I'm thinking of going hybrid again, just to blessed heal level so I don't have to get a buff each time, since I've got my LE in, No PvP damage to worry about and I can lom out the level's like ten mins..

ezza
08-09-03, 12:20
stop messing with the monks

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 12:22
So with this you all say your damn happy about the monks then?
Then why the hell are there still threads about nerfing this and boosting that?

bounty
08-09-03, 12:24
I think the monks finally learned that there is no such thing as slightly tweaking, because KK doesn't believe in slightly tweaking something. They are fans of drastic changes and drastic changes can only result in one thing....me in medicare.

Omnituens
08-09-03, 12:29
i'll tell you what i think.

no. all 3 monks should be viable (APU, PPU, Hybrid)

im more lazy than eric, i didnt change my hybrid even after the nerf :lol:

Q`alooaith
08-09-03, 12:29

Because PPU's can't be killed easly, so other classes want them changed..

Omnituens
08-09-03, 12:39
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Because PPU's can't be killed easly, so other classes want them changed..

hit the nail on the head there.

japata
08-09-03, 12:39
Bah. I say: Boost the other classes! Leave the monks alone.

ericdraven
08-09-03, 12:40

There ALWAYS will be those threads, 'cause people get killed from (insert class here), run to the forum and cry "NERF TEH (insert class here)!!!!!1111".
Some people just can't lose. And IF they lose, it's not their own fault, it's because the winner is playing such a overpowered class.

Q`alooaith
08-09-03, 12:43
Originally posted by Omnituens
hit the nail on the head there.

ahh so thats why I've got a headache?

or is that hitting the head on the nail.....

the only change I'd make to the monk class, is up the Psi energy of casting Para's by 75% or so, so it can't just be layered on, maybe up the psi energy cost of all PPU spell's by 50% instead, though this would hurt other classes, PPU's would not be able to cast cast cast cast without chuggin as many booster's as a APU or Hybrid..

But that's about the only thing I'd change..

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 12:44
There ALWAYS will be those threads, 'cause people get killed from (insert class here), run to the forum and cry "NERF TEH (insert class here)!!!!!1111".
Some people just can't lose. And IF they lose, it's not their own fault, it's because the winner is playing such a overpowered class.
Well isn't this the reason why the hybrid good bashed and went away?
So why shouldn't it be taken back for the cause of the fact that the cry-babies gotta learn stuff the hard way.

Original monk
08-09-03, 12:56
Im sorry but im laughing at al them monk threads now, I loved monk, they where my first char, but the way you guys are turning it, lomming every 2 seconds, NERF hybrids, NERF PPU's, NERF APU's:

MAKE UP YOURE FREAKIN MINDS PLEASE

you guys (KK and the whine for nerfs people) are SO full of bullshit, is THIS clear like this?

I repeat with other words:
The whole monk discussion is plain old BULLSHIT !!!!!

ban me for flamin i dont care anymore: YOU guys fucked up monks more then enough, can KK please change my monk into a pistolPE orso with the same rank so i finnaly get rid of all this fucking around with MONKS shit.

DAAMN how long can ya keep whining about them monks...

Boost every other class except monk, remove loms, remove rares, add new decent guns contra monks, and for the love of god (who-ever he maybe) stop nagging about monks...

GRRRRRR :wtf:

Syntax-Error
08-09-03, 13:08
Its simple

All none PPUs think there over powered

All PPUs dont think they are.

Ive played both and i think there overpowered but some of these nerfs are just stupid.

JustIn_Case
08-09-03, 13:20
I think all three options should be viable (APU/PPU/Hybrid)

I started as Hybrid, switched to pure APU, switched to pure PPU.

APU was really fun but i dont like being to dependent on others.

PPU could be fun if not everyone ran around like paniced chickens in OP fights.

So, now im going to try Hybrid again.

Yes, Hybrids used to be way owerpowered, but i think they got hurt a little to much in the nerf, but thats what i am about to find out soon.

So leave APU/PPU as they are and make Hybrid viable again (if needed).

darkservent
08-09-03, 14:09
MOnks are perfected, no more nerfs to em, concentrate on other classes now. KK got wot they want and i wouldnt expect any more problems with it.

Ryuben
08-09-03, 14:17
only problem is as you said on one hand the PPU - god like 4vs1 to kill him, on the other hand the APU kills grim chansers in under 2 mins and highest attack in the game.

soooooooooooo even at half efficency a ppu has shields + heal that = 2vs 1 to kill him, oh but hes got damage boost + holoy para oh fuck and HL which when the guys boosted does about the same dmg as normal so u don't notice the missing points (pree patch) so u tell me how its viable, i have seen .CY at CRP on pluto pre patch run about and kill people threw 8 people 8 ffs all trying to kill him, now u tell me if thats screwed or not?

sooo u want hybrids back?? erm no as i don't like haveing to run from some one as i _KNOW_ he is un fucking kill able in 1 vs 1

hell last night i was killing some people at CRP it was 3 vs 1 (apu+ppu + tank in blue suit) i went back 3 times killed 2 of em (and some others :D) the ppu was only one alive, im not scared of any one (was on my PE so i was snipeing them and PE and stealthing but hell !)

Omni X
08-09-03, 15:14

THIS hit's the nail on the head.

I haven't been here long, but I love how these "nerf APU"
whiners strategically forget an APU monk can't take a hit at all.

KimmyG
08-09-03, 15:23
Whenever hybrids are in the game all I see is people bitching about them so just leave the dam monks alone.

hnlecter
08-09-03, 22:25
I think spys and pes need their boost and long put off PA to help even it up. Make spys have more con it is completely stuptid monks have more con than spys.