PDA

View Full Version : The current rate of tech part drops.

Marx
08-09-03, 10:22
Recently there have been tons of complaints about low drop rate and such, as well as a number of threads posted by persons leaving because of the loss of items and parts...

If the droprate was raised back to the point where it was... well... before it was lowered, would people care?

I mean, weapons wouldn't cost as much as they do now...

Weapons would be more easily attainable seeing as rares are needed for PvP and high level PvM instead of optional...

People wouldn't need to rely on clans and such as most do now simply for the pool of equipment to use...

Not to mention items that are lost either in quickbelt losses or glitches will be more easily replaced than they are now.

Also, its more friendly to those that can't play for long periods of time on end.

Just write your opinions down - Please no flame wars or anything, just a simple "Yes", "No", etc will do...

'cuase I forgot to hit the poll button like a dumbass.

:D

Edit for the mods - can you make a "Yes, No, Abstain" poll on this? Or if ya' can't at least peruse it periodically?

:D

Lorcin
08-09-03, 10:26
But yes it does get a bit annoying - I lomed some of my precious int into Hack the other day to be a hacking tank - I'm about 3 levels from using a CS and thought I could collect the parts and level at the same time.

The other day I went out and shot:

9 Warbots
4 Warbot Titans
2 Decayed Horrors

And got

FUCK ALL

Not a single rare - best I got was a c10.

Oh and please don't start about luck/zone this was spread over 2 hours and I was hunting both in the MB wastelands and the steppe. By the way has anyone managed to collect anything from the Warbot orgy that is always going on in I_10. Loads of bots - no loot.

Si

Shadow Dancer
08-09-03, 10:27
I think it should be raised a little and the pool needs to be cleaned of all the garbage in it so that when you get 20 parts hunting, all 20 will be valuable.

BlackDove
08-09-03, 10:39
No.

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 10:41
I do belive we're missing out on one point here...
Rares are meant to be... Well rare.. That's why they're called rares
Shouldn't the rares stay rare om that case?
and life aint cheap so start earning cash..
Read my sig and u understand..

Marx
08-09-03, 10:46
Rares are meant to be... Well rare.. That's why they're called rares

As I pointed out in another thread:

Rares aren't rare because they're a neccesity.

Until they make non-rare weapons that are fairly viable for PvP and make it so the person with the rare doesn't win 99% of the time; then you can say... Well, Rares are supposed to be rare.

Originally they were supposed to give a slight advantage in PvP, now they are PvP.

Up the rate so weapons are cheap again, then people won't be so damned pissy when they die and lose (insert name here), or even if their app gets wiped or they get glitched, they can go back out and refurbish their new cabinets with ease.

BlackDove
08-09-03, 10:47
Rare being a necessity has nothing to do with them being or not being rare.

ericdraven
08-09-03, 10:47
Can someone please open another new thread about the low rare drop, currently there are only two on the first page.. that's not enough.

BlackDove
08-09-03, 10:49
That was gonna be one of my "sarcastic quips"? but I was gonna let it slide because he wanted to make it a poll. I'm not even gonna point out the incompetence factor here (< oops)

Marx
08-09-03, 10:59
BlackDove, just because I bruised your ego doesn't mean you need to go around humping legs to try and be top dog again.

:rolleyes:

Mods, if this continues, feel free to close this.

BlackDove
08-09-03, 11:00
Bruised my ego? You give yourself far too much credit.

athon
08-09-03, 11:03
Bet you I could buy all the parts to a CS or a SH within a week.

I got all the rare parts I needed for my first set of rare weapons by the time I could use them just by collecting the ones I got levelling and swapping with my clanmates.

I think the rare drop rate and rare pool are both fine.

Athon Solo

BlackDove
08-09-03, 11:05
I have four RoG's - about to make a fifth one - have all the parts, just need to get off my ass and ask a good conster to do it.

Rare? No.

Lanigav
08-09-03, 11:39
Chances are most of you have seen my posts about the horror stories I've had getting tech parts, so you already know I'm giving a big fat emphatic yes to it. I could care less if they're called rare or not, the fact remains that they are an essential part of PvP.

Its not just getting my own rares that I'm worried about too, I'd like to be able to get enough to help my clan.

Bottom line is I'm just sick and tired of killing gigantic assloads of Warbots and firemobs to end up with absolutely zilch.

ericdraven
08-09-03, 11:46
Lanigav, yeah, i know all your posts about not getting rare parts.. o_O

One question - on which server do you play?

japata
08-09-03, 11:47
Yea. Boost the droprates. The rich ppl couldn't care less even if the droprates are lowered even more. They can make money in a split second. But! It would affect clanless/newbs/socially incapable ppl to get that darned CS for the fightnight. The current dropsystem is just making the income gap even wider.

bounty
08-09-03, 11:48
All i know is that the prices for items is definitely out of hand. I'm not saying you shouldn't have to save up for something you really want, i understand that it's part of the challenge, but there is too much money in neocron.

Style
08-09-03, 11:49
make farming fun for everybody once again reakktor, thanks :)

i vote yes :)

Marx
08-09-03, 12:17
Originally posted by japata
Yea. Boost the droprates. The rich ppl couldn't care less even if the droprates are lowered even more. They can make money in a split second. But! It would affect clanless/newbs/socially incapable ppl to get that darned CS for the fightnight. The current dropsystem is just making the income gap even wider.

Exactly, most of those that call for keeping the droprates the same or lowering them further don't have to worry, because they already have everything they need.

ericdraven
08-09-03, 12:18
Originally posted by Marx
Exactly, most of those that call for keeping the droprates the same or lowering them further don't have to worry, because they already have everything they need.

Yes, and why do i have it? Because Santa Claus gave them to me? Hardly.

NeoLojik
08-09-03, 12:21
There is NOTHING wrong with the current rare droprate. Myself, my little brother and a mate went warbot hunting in thw wastes this weekend. In total we must have spent no more than 8-10 hours hunting and we came back with over 50 rare parts total. Not to mention last week I went solo'ing and must have got nearly 35 in a few hours of time.

Rares are supposed to be RARE.

Marx
08-09-03, 12:26
Originally posted by ericdraven
Yes, and why do i have it? Because Santa Claus gave them to me? Hardly.

I'm not denying the fact you earned it, but the simple fact is, the droprate is inconsistant. That particular quip was aimed primarily at those that argue for the rate to be dropped further.

:p

Rares are supposed to be RARE.

Are they now? No.

There is NOTHING wrong with the current rare droprate. Myself, my little brother and a mate went warbot hunting in thw wastes this weekend. In total we must have spent no more than 8-10 hours hunting and we came back with over 50 rare parts total. Not to mention last week I went solo'ing and must have got nearly 35 in a few hours of time.

Thats nice for you, All I'll do is point you to the posts which argue exactly the opposite.

NeoLojik
08-09-03, 12:33
The reason people dont get rares is they camp the same old place day after day. I dont go hunting in J01, or F08, or anywhere like that, I go further a-field. The times Ive been hunting in J01 and F08 ive got squat, but the further I go, the better the drop. Where I hunt, I can get C10's from Spiderbot Sentries.

No, I wont tell you where either.

Style
08-09-03, 12:35
see, just from that senence you are a selfish person, you get lots of rares, but no one else does, farming should b fun for EVERYONE no just a few people

ericdraven
08-09-03, 12:37
Originally posted by NeoLojik
The reason people dont get rares is they camp the same old place day after day. I dont go hunting in J01, or F08, or anywhere like that, I go further a-field. The times Ive been hunting in J01 and F08 ive got squat, but the further I go, the better the drop. Where I hunt, I can get C10's from Spiderbot Sentries.

No, I wont tell you where either.

Sorry, but that's not true. I "camp" the same old place ALL THE TIME, and still get tons of rares.
However, it's none of those stupid level spots where 99% of the people are (CRP, MB, ...).

NeoLojik
08-09-03, 12:44
Originally posted by Style
see, just from that senence you are a selfish person, you get lots of rares, but no one else does, farming should b fun for EVERYONE no just a few people o.0 Eh? Im selfish because I know where to go to get a decent amount of rares?

Sorry, but that's not true. I "camp" the same old place ALL THE TIME, and still get tons of rares.
However, it's none of those stupid level spots where 99% of the people are (CRP, MB, ...). Your second statement is what I was trying to get at. People who camp MB, CRP, G08 etc dont get squat. I also 'camp' my hunting places as you said.

RayBob
08-09-03, 12:51
No...the current drop rate is fine.

MisterP
08-09-03, 12:55
Yes, raise drop-rate, or at the VERY least, get rid of the melee rubbish, in my months of playing I aint seen a melee tank in combat :eek: :eek: !!!

Original monk
08-09-03, 13:16
And while youre at it boosting them droprates boost the commander droprate also so ya get atleast 1 part for every 3 kills and not 1 part every 30 kills cause the people ya hunt with get paranoid cause they think youre puttin all them rare's in youre pocket :P (when thats not the case)

Style
08-09-03, 14:22
yes, by defending the system, just because you are getting rares alot of others are not

enablerbr
08-09-03, 14:26
well all i have to say on this matter is. RARES AREN'T RARE. there i said it.

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 14:45
Originally posted by enablerbr
well all i have to say on this matter is. RARES AREN'T RARE. there i said it.

Well they friggin' would be if the drop rate wasn't so damn high already

Marx
08-09-03, 14:54
Rares get to be rare again if the weapon restructuring that lupus is working on passes through.

Until then, up the rate.

=PP

Progenitor
08-09-03, 15:10
My biggest issue with the tech part pool, is that it is increasing with each patch.

Thereby making it that much more difficult to get items.

-p

LTA
08-09-03, 15:15
Well everyone who farms whordes of parts has like time to spend doing it like 3/4/5 hours stints...what about ppl who can manage an hour or so a day ? they aint gonna get much, it's annoying spending like 10 mins taking a high lev mob and getting fcuk all and then when it happens around 7 times in a row i start thinking wtf is the point..

But then what choice do i have i cant pvp because i need to have a rare because everyone else has one and theres no way i can afford half the prices that parts cost now days (some ranging upto like 400k a part).

The only one other option i have is to join a large clan and leech but i prefer to earn it myself but then wtf is the point when i get like a part in like 1/20 mobs and 9/10 times its something completely useless or not even tradeable...

Vein ripper tech for cs part!! plz cmon
Wyat Erp parts for sf/psi core/marine parts!!

etc etc

Lanigav
09-09-03, 06:31
Lanigav, yeah, i know all your posts about not getting rare parts.. o_O

One question - on which server do you play?

Uranus and Saturn. I also don't hunt in other places people normally hunt most of the time, and I solo them myself on Uranus, or bring a buddy to hack them for me on Saturn.

KidWithStick
09-09-03, 06:46
YES!! raise it back to how it was ebfore the nerf of droprate...

it would make ALOT of people happy...and believe me, people need to start getting happy in this slowly dying game.

atleast DOUBLE the current rate...

and yes, people ARE leaving because of a simple thing like drop rate, i already know a person who has left because of it, and a person who will be leaving soon because of it. and thats just people who i know personally.

ericdraven
09-09-03, 10:17
Originally posted by Lanigav
Uranus and Saturn. I also don't hunt in other places people normally hunt most of the time, and I solo them myself on Uranus, or bring a buddy to hack them for me on Saturn.

We should go hunting together once, would be interesting to see if i still would be that lucky.. ;)

You can keep then all the rare parts we find, of course. :)

(on Uranus that is)

Lanigav
10-09-03, 09:46
That'd be awfully nice of you my man. :D

I'll try and contact you next time I'm on Uranus. :)

athon
10-09-03, 10:59
Originally posted by Marx
Rares get to be rare again if the weapon restructuring that lupus is working on passes through.

Until then, up the rate.

=PP

Ahh, but then you'd end up with the same problem we had with MC5 chips - you'll get a bunch of people who get to hoard lots of parts while the going is good, then when they are made rarer again you'll have lots of people who didn't get a chance to get them and an 'elite' of people who did.

Athon Solo

Marx
10-09-03, 18:00
We already have that problem.

Only the people who can play for what seems like days at a time have larger collection and therefore more complete rares than those that can only play for shorter periods of time daily, if they're lucky.

Not to mention clan hoarding, geez.

Rares now should be fairly easily attainable for people because you know what? Right now they're not rare.

Anyway, if the weapons restucturing passes, then Rares won't be needed for combat like they are now, and a person with a non-rare weapon can "pwnzrfy" someone with; as like it was supposed to be.

REMUS
10-09-03, 18:22
if someone can produce a video showing drops, fine but untill there is more proof than " oh i got 50 tech parts in 8 hours" i can go say fuck yourself drop rate is not good unless you can spend 8-10 hours hunting which is just sad, i play every day and i now spend more than 2-3 hours on a weekday and maybe 5 hours on the weekend unless im going hardcore stylee, i can understand people playing for a long time, but having to kill 10-15 warbots per tech is taking the piss, which could take 30 mins - 1 hour depending on spawn rate and other hunters in zone + fire mobs dont give many rares either tbh.

im going to go on a hunting trawl tonight to see if there are different drop rates in different zones

but as for fucking vhc 10's in spider bots, utter bullshit, mobs are restricted to a certain tl drop thats why cyc launchers dont drop rares appart from the occational xp bone implant and that is very rare!

i say raise tech drop becuase i found it hard enough to get all my pvp gear over the 10 months that ive been playing.

Disturbed021
10-09-03, 18:41
I usually get a tech per every 3 WBs I kill.

TBH, if I had 8 hours to spend farming every night than the drop rate is fine. I dont and alot of other ppl dont as well.

Point is there is a large gap between the Vets (who probably have apts full of rares from the prior drop rate), hardcore players who have 8-10 hours a day to farm for techs and the new and casual players who play for short periods of time and are lucky to get a few techs here and there.

This game is in serious trouble. The player base keeps going down for various reasons and the more items they add to the tech pool does nothing but make it harder to get the techs you want. This is a serious put-off for new players. Once you understand how everything works and that you need to get rares in order to PvP well and how long it may take you to get your rares....bah, I would leave if I were new.

Yes you can join a Clan, but sometimes they are more trouble than they are worth.
Can barely find a team to join on Uranus in my timezone (PST) much less a clan :lol:

Anyways, I think they should up the drop rate slightly to encourage new players to stay.

Disturbed021
10-09-03, 18:43
Originally posted by REMUS
but as for fucking vhc 10's in spider bots, utter bullshit, mobs are restricted to a certain tl drop thats why cyc launchers dont drop rares appart from the occational xp bone implant and that is very rare!

Spiderbots do drop vhc 10's, hell the 37/37 bots in TH cores drop vhc 10's. Dunno why Launchers don't drop better stuff...