PDA

View Full Version : Setup Against Plasma

Crest
08-09-03, 10:01
So a few friends want to go on a hunting trip, Pack a couple of medis, a cannon or two, invite a ppu.... and away we go.

What kind of setup is there to assit in the taking of a Y'Rep. What should we look at ?

Since Y's have Plasma, they do energy damage, but is it straight energy or is it energy and fire ? or xray ?

Can the same be said for MC5 coms, do they do the same range and level of damage ?

I know a CS is hard to predict cause you can mod it differently so thats not a concern

Also what do Y's drop and do they need to be hacked ?

athon
08-09-03, 10:45
The MC5 guys defninitely don't do plasma. The last time I asked consensus seemed to be that they were either 100% or majority poison.

Athon Solo

hinch
08-09-03, 10:55
theyre all instant non dot poision with abit of force mixxed in for good luck

Crest
08-09-03, 11:16
So MC5 are poison, and Y's, whats their secret .... They I assume is pure plasma ???

leethasbro
08-09-03, 11:18
I believe that Y's do need to be hacked, if it's pure plasma that would be energy. Packing a little x-ray resist also never hurt anyone though. Hell, I'm sure I could make a good case for having some fire to be safe too.

Crest
08-09-03, 11:22
Whats the chanes of a capped tank with resists up on energy and xray going solo 1v1 with a Y' ...or are they just to hard. I can do Most mobs solo except poison .... cause of my setup. Fire is with Inq 4 and Bots / titans are not probs with my gatl;ing....

Concern is that Y's run fast .... unlike wb's who walk to and fro, I think Y's keep comming ?

ericdraven
08-09-03, 11:23
I often heard the story about "MC5 mobs use non DoT poison attacks"...

However, I was there with a Heavy Energy Belt and 0 poison resist.
Yes, i tried the poison belt as well but i didn't really see a difference.. o_O

leethasbro
08-09-03, 11:25
I wouldn't know, I avoid Y's like the plague. Fire mobs are much more relaxing. All I've heard is they need hackers and also step lightly around them.

hinch
08-09-03, 11:26
Originally posted by ericdraven
I often heard the story about "MC5 mobs use non DoT poison attacks"...

However, I was there with a Heavy Energy Belt and 0 poison resist.
Yes, i tried the poison belt as well but i didn't really see a difference.. o_O

their whole weapondry is bugged to fuck tbh

it only works on natural resists not armour resists

FBI
08-09-03, 11:34
Originally posted by hinch

try hazard 3 and poison potions

CarniFlex
08-09-03, 11:38
y-coms, need hacking. drop armours some junk and techparts (rarely)
Y-sergeant need hacking. drop junk and some armours.
y-troopers dont need hacking, drop junk

ericdraven
08-09-03, 11:44

Yes, this can be.
Because even as i had NO belt at all ('cause it was wrecked) i did not see much difference.
However, the Hazard Boost seems to be a must in there..

Shadow Dancer
08-09-03, 11:45
Hazard gives x-ray. Lupus told me they do x-ray+energy damage.

hinch
08-09-03, 11:49
bollocks tbh

if so even an unbuffed apu should be able to stand and take a few shots before dying

Shadow Dancer
08-09-03, 11:50
bollocks tbh

if so even an unbuffed apu should be able to stand and take a few shots before dying

y?

Even with 1337 resists the guns still do massive damage. :(

Crest
08-09-03, 11:57
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
y?

Even with 1337 resists the guns still do massive damage. :(

What is meant by 1337 resists ?

japata
08-09-03, 12:03
bollocks tbh

Well, they must do xray+energy. If they didn't apu's wouldn't have even time to think of attacking. :P

JustIn_Case
08-09-03, 13:31
But if they do Energy + X-ray, and it is only natural resists that counts (bugged as claimed) then it should me a major difference from how many hits a tank can take vs an APU since most APUs has very low natural energy resist.

Ryuben
08-09-03, 14:08
i wnet in with my PE and well as i was dieing a fair bit ( 2 gaurds was stood near the door so :\ they got clicked instead of the door) so i lommed some POR to energy and it _seemed_ to help, oh also WTF MC5 is toooooo fucking hard now its a joke, they have gone jsut over the top! not saying put the glass back in and let the APU's exploit, jsut saying take 1-2 mobs out of the room, any ways so yeah.

Omnituens
08-09-03, 15:36
OK here we go.

COPBOT PLASMA rifle does ENERGY and X-RAY

PLASMA = ENERGY

they have the POISON BEAM amimation.

hope this helps some of you

KimmyG
08-09-03, 15:37
Here is what I wanna know me and some buds tested a tank on a Y sitting there tank at 95% fireing away. Everything going good tank down to 92% everys ok then 1 2 3 4 hits boom tank is gone.

WTF is that from 90% to boom?

Phiberdelic
08-09-03, 16:08
I hunt Y's all the damn time, I have 75 Energy resist plus Heavy Energy Belt, Battlevest 3. I can take more damage from Y's with this setup than I can if I remove the battlevest and go for the Anti-Rad suit that gives 117 X-ray and take x-ray resist drinks. People say they are X-Ray/Energy, but I can't see the justification for it, they appear as pure Energy.

And I hunt these every day and I have never gotten a single tech part, I get imp 3's, armour (up to Dur 4's), junk, VCH parts.

Y Commanders need to be hacked 120/120
Y Seargents need to be hacked 105/105
Y Replicants do not need to be hacked 95/95

VictorKruger
08-09-03, 16:26
Can anyone explain to me how the hell a Y. Rep can be that damn accurate with a plasma pistol? I get to the clipping line before i shoot a Y. rep and it still hits me 2-3 out of a 4 shot burst that it fires.

One other thing before i get back on topic, what does a Y. Rep have in him (item) that triggers the success in the Temp epic? Or is it that you have to actually kill one to have the mission successful.

I personally think that the Y. reps use pure energy attacks. I have about a 41 in natural resist and a medium deflector belt and most of the time my health bounces back to where it was.

VK

Omnituens
08-09-03, 16:29
Y-Reps do energy. they use regular plasma weapons.

when they first appeared however, they had an unlimited range copbot rifle and the green model. very nasty.

the item needed from the trooper is a ceres chip or something like that.

Doc Holliday
08-09-03, 16:46
i have had rares out of all of em troopers inclusive. they dont drop as much as u might expect comin from such a hard mob in comparison to say a warbot but they do drop parts and decent vehicle parts at the same time. also they have a possibility to drop multiple rares specially the E techs. always nice.

When having to kill one for the black dragon epic i sustained a few bursts ( i think 3 ) before leggin it behind a hill. that was with holy shelter on me and deflector also. when the buff ran out i was totally unbuffed and got sniped one shot dead by the Y commander. my nrg resist is somewhere around 40 base with armour added. thats with a pe btw.

Dirus
08-09-03, 17:27
Y Trooper Replicants & AREA MC5 Low Security Bots use a Ryker Napalm
Y Sergant Replicants & AREA MC5 Medium Security Bots use a Enhanced Plasma Rifle
Y Commander Replicants use a Tangent Plasma Wave

All the above use the base ammo for the weapon which is Energy Only by default.

MC5 Guards, High Security Bots & Base Commander use CopBot Rifles which do Energy & X-Ray by default.

None of them do Poison.

KimmyG
08-09-03, 17:31
Hey lupus do there wepons spawn with differn't stats cause sometimes commanders are easy yet some have an insane hit to them

And whats by default mean?

Scikar
08-09-03, 17:34
Btw Omni, CopBot rifles don't use the poison beam effect. It's actually a vertical, green particle beam effect, imagine a PB-20 shooting straight down with a green beam instead of yellow, and that's it. Poison beams have a different beam coming down from the sky (a little thinner) and a poison cloud on impact. That's also why CopBot rifles hit your FPS so hard, there's nothing wrong with poison beams but particle beams have something weird about them that my comp doesn't like very much.

EDIT: By default means without mods. You can't put an ammo mod on a CopBot rifle, it already does energy and xray damage with no mods, while the other weapons do energy damage alone before mods.

hinch
08-09-03, 17:37
Originally posted by Lupus
Y Trooper Replicants & AREA MC5 Low Security Bots use a Ryker Napalm
Y Sergant Replicants & AREA MC5 Medium Security Bots use a Enhanced Plasma Rifle
Y Commander Replicants use a Tangent Plasma Wave

All the above use the base ammo for the weapon which is Energy Only by default.

MC5 Guards, High Security Bots & Base Commander use CopBot Rifles which do Energy & X-Ray by default.

None of them do Poison.

ok then why does the following happen

theyre ryker napalms outdamage my 5 slotted all 120% ultimated ryker napalm?

why do their epr`s outdamage a first love?

why do their plasma waves do damage immesuriablly greater than we can do with our plasma waves.

as for the mc5 stuff i went in with my monk using full holy spirit and heavy energy belt with shelters etc on and fuck me it hurt.

i went in with haz boost and poision belt on and suddenly i can stand there and laugh at them. (this was before hybrid nerfs before anyone comments)

In the games loot tables they are specified as weapon type UNKNOWN

perhaps you could go and ask one of the devs to confirm the correct weapon and if possiable hand over their weapon stats and also equivilent player lvl p-c, t-c, h-c`s etc

Dirus
08-09-03, 18:06
ok then why does the following happen

theyre ryker napalms outdamage my 5 slotted all 120% ultimated ryker napalm?

why do their epr`s outdamage a first love?

why do their plasma waves do damage immesuriablly greater than we can do with our plasma waves.

Mobs/NPC's do not have a Damage limit on the weapons like players do. The amount of power their weapons do is dependant on their Rank. The higher the Rank the more powerful they are.

as for the mc5 stuff i went in with my monk using full holy spirit and heavy energy belt with shelters etc on and fuck me it hurt.

i went in with haz boost and poision belt on and suddenly i can stand there and laugh at them. (this was before hybrid nerfs before anyone comments)

They don't do poison.

In the games loot tables they are specified as weapon type UNKNOWN

perhaps you could go and ask one of the devs to confirm the correct weapon and if possiable hand over their weapon stats and also equivilent player lvl p-c, t-c, h-c`s etc

Theres a trick to reading the files ;)

hinch
08-09-03, 18:09
Originally posted by Lupus
Theres a trick to reading the files ;)

please explain then since WEAPONTYPE: UNKNOWN is fairly self explanitory

Dirus
08-09-03, 18:14
and just what file are you getting WEAPONTYPE: UNKNOWN from?

I'm not going to explain how to read the correct files since I'm not allowed to. And thats a legal agreement.

I just want to know where your getting your mis-information from.

hinch
08-09-03, 18:24
someone posted a link basically to a huge text files which are the mob tables from the game that he`s posted on the web

http://www32.brinkster.com/progenitor/data/NPCs.htm

it lists the mob name its rank its weapon and what it drops etc and in what %`s

most mobs have their weapons id`d appart from a few like warbot`s chasers y comms.

mc5`s are listed as copot rifles though.

not really mis-information more of just reading game data and not being told the correct interperation then. to clear such "mis-informations" up perhaps the data should be explained to us as it would save alot of time/hastle.

Dirus
08-09-03, 18:51
someone posted a link basically to a huge text files which are the mob tables from the game that he`s posted on the web

http://www32.brinkster.com/progenitor/data/NPCs.htm

it lists the mob name its rank its weapon and what it drops etc and in what %`s

most mobs have their weapons id`d appart from a few like warbot`s chasers y comms.

mc5`s are listed as copot rifles though.

not really mis-information more of just reading game data and not being told the correct interperation then. to clear such "mis-informations" up perhaps the data should be explained to us as it would save alot of time/hastle.

The Original Creator of that page does not know how to read the files properly, which is why "Unknown" shows up as weapon type.

That page was not created by KK and as a result none of the info on it should be taken as 100% correct. If KK wanted you to know how to read the files, then wouldn't they release the files in a readable form with instructions on how to read them? Instead of asking posters not to release any files or programs that are not protected?

Unless KK gives me permission to release info on how to read the files properly. All I will say is they're not being read properly.

Rizzy
08-09-03, 19:05
Lupus > hinch.

KimmyG
08-09-03, 19:22
WTF is 4% on viper armour drop from blood king

Original monk
08-09-03, 19:41
offtopic: UP THE DAAMN MC5 DROPRATE :angel:

Omnituens
08-09-03, 20:28
Originally posted by Scikar
Btw Omni, CopBot rifles don't use the poison beam effect. It's actually a vertical, green particle beam effect, imagine a PB-20 shooting straight down with a green beam instead of yellow, and that's it. Poison beams have a different beam coming down from the sky (a little thinner) and a poison cloud on impact. That's also why CopBot rifles hit your FPS so hard, there's nothing wrong with poison beams but particle beams have something weird about them that my comp doesn't like very much.

What i dont get is that ive be in a team droning in the graves and 4 of us where using PB's to finish of the BVK. didnt effect my FPS.

yet monks BEAMS and COPBOT RIFLES totally mess my FPS up :wtf: