PDA

View Full Version : Where do u spend ur slots on ?

GurTjaN
08-09-03, 09:34
On which mods do u guys spend ur slots on do you think fire ammo modis best or uranium ?

and what of the laserpointer / scope / silencer

what would you put on a rifle if u had one slot left and one of these 3 options left..

anywayz i have > tangent 4 slot assault rifle mods >

RifleBarrel
Bulletchamber
phospor ammo mod
laserpointer ?

what do you guys do with ur slots on rares always a ultima or not ?

lemme know

Psycho_Soldier
08-09-03, 09:49
Take a look at the stats of the gun you are going to mod, thats how you tell what kind of mods to use. For example, if you have like 110% damage quality, and you cap damage %, then there is no need to add a mod to enhance damage. Always have one ammo mod. I prefer xray ammo mod because its harder to resist against than fire. If you cap your weapon and you still have a extra slot or 2 if you are lucky. Then save the slot for future changes or so when the quality gets low, you can add a mod that will raise condition. I have a 3 slot speedgun, I use phosphor mod and explosive. I heard some new ammo mods might be coming out with DoY so I am saving the 3rd slot for a ammo mod that might come out. Laser pointer helps your rectile close faster incase you cant cap aiming already. Scope gives you better range. Silencer lowers recoil I heard and makes your gun less noisy, and flashlight is just to show that you wasted a slot.

Mankind
08-09-03, 09:52
Okay...

As for ammo mods:

Uranium - With the upcoming x-ray bone implants as well as people who lately have more x-ray resist, this ammo mod is useless.

Phosphor - Best imo. Why? Because although many people have fire resist, I have noticed that it's never enough lol.

Explosive - Useless I think. Maybe it's good against monks but I am unsure.

As for gun mods:

Silencer - Useless. Sounds cool, but it's not really silenced lol. People can still hear it 20 feet away and from far away you can't hear a person's weapon anyway.

Flashlight - Just use high gamma ingame. Useless mod.

Scope - Haven't done tests with this mod. I really think it could be useful but I really don't know.

Laserpointer - You can have like 10 weapon lore and you will still zoom in fast. Great mod. I love it on all weapons :)

GurTjaN
08-09-03, 09:55
cool thx mankind looks like ive made the right choice and soldier i have a 3 slot speed gun too lol on my tank i have one slot left thx for the tip about new ammo mods nnow i know i gotta keep that slot open :) handy to know

this is handy to know bout ammo mods and stuff at least i think its important

Marx
08-09-03, 09:55
flashlight, laser pointer and silencer.

screw everything else.

My PE is like a pimp wagon.

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 10:16
Here's a goodie with the flashlight tho:
1 whatever vs 1 whatever with flashlight will result in 2nd whatever win if done correctly..

Since when u aim right into their eyes they hardly see shit =P

CkVega
08-09-03, 10:50
My monitor is dark and I had a 5 slotted DoY Raygun rifle so I modded (after ammo mods) with laserpointer, flashlight and scope.

Flashlight > all other mods :D

Varaem
08-09-03, 11:06
flashlight is the best. really. most t-c pistols only take laser/flashlight, and becuase aiming caps first for pistols, laser isnt worth getting. And flashlights are good becuase you can't turn up the gamma in windowed mode. lol. Another thing, turn on your flashlight in the middle of a fight and your opponent might get distracted at how stupid you are and laugh so hard he cant fight anymore... i've seen it happen.

And logically, if laser increases aiming, silencer reduces recoil and scope increases range, shouldnt a flashlight do something? It HAS to either increase damage or increase rate of fire, since everything else is already done... in the real world, a flashlight does increase the velocity/damage of a bullet... photons emited by a flashlight travel at the speed of light, and in the direction it's pointing. If it's pointed in the front of the gun, then the photons push against the back of the bullet as it leaves the barrel... so it does slightly increase the speed of a bullet.

CkVega
08-09-03, 11:11
Originally posted by Varaem
in the real world, a flashlight does increase the velocity/damage of a bullet... photons emited by a flashlight travel at the speed of light, and in the direction it's pointing. If it's pointed in the front of the gun, then the photons push against the back of the bullet as it leaves the barrel... so it does slightly increase the speed of a bullet.

8| your mad :p
never really tested this theory so prahaps right I dunno.

But yeah flashlights are cool, and they help to see in the bat queen cave or outzone at night.

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 11:11
LOL
Umm ya but u better be sure to note of the SLIGHTLY word he added... It's is very... Slightly.. :D

photons emited by a flashlight travel at the speed of light, and in the direction it's pointing. If it's pointed in the front of the gun, then the photons push against the back of the bullet as it leaves the barrel... so it does slightly increase the speed of a bullet.

Shockwave
08-09-03, 11:25
When I have spare slots I leave them empty. That way, after I've had it repaired a few times I can add another mod that will top up the Condition that I might not have considered worth it when the gun was constructed (IE Adding a RifleGyro when the handling is at 114%).

Shock.

leethasbro
08-09-03, 11:32
in the real world, a flashlight does increase the velocity/damage of a bullet... photons emited by a flashlight travel at the speed of light, and in the direction it's pointing. If it's pointed in the front of the gun, then the photons push against the back of the bullet as it leaves the barrel... so it does slightly increase the speed of a bullet.

Another common misconception about ammunition is that it is simply gunpowder or battery juice. The truth is that inside each clip is an army of microscopic ammo gnomes that fart rainbows every time you pull the trigger. They simply pull a projectile out of their magic rainbow farts and hurl it as hard as they can out the barrel of your weapon.

It's true! :D :angel:

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 11:39
REALLY?! But how do people get the little gnomes in there?!
And how can they far so much on command?!?!?!?!
*puzzled*:wtf:

Originally posted by leethasbro
Another common misconception about ammunition is that it is simply gunpowder or battery juice. The truth is that inside each clip is an army of microscopic ammo gnomes that fart rainbows every time you pull the trigger. They simply pull a projectile out of their magic rainbow farts and hurl it as hard as they can out the barrel of your weapon.

It's true! :D :angel:

leethasbro
08-09-03, 20:55
Magic is a powerful thing.

hivemind
09-09-03, 02:15
Phosphor or Uranium (depending on my mood and what server I'm on)
Ultima (for rares, and on a PEs Blacksun)
Ammo Feed
Barrel (depending on the TL of the gun, of course)
Gyro (depending, again, on the TL of the gun)
Laserpointer
Flashlight
Silencer

Lexxuk
09-09-03, 02:23
Well, I got an illegal slot enhancer waiting for me on Pluto, its going to be used on a Holy Heal, so god knows, probably stick a laserpointer on it, just to be different :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, it does depend, my Pain Easer is Enlarged, Uranium wiv LaserPointer, i find it rocks long range, though really I didnt need to enlarge it, coz I can cap damage naturally, well, could, till I deleted my lovely PE :(

GurTjaN
09-09-03, 10:20
why are you guys all playing in windowed mode doesnt that take more bandwith ?? or am i wrong maybe it gives less lag i would like to know though andhow to set windowed mode on

leethasbro
09-09-03, 11:34
I don't see how windowed would take more bandwidth, but then again I'm pretty much retarded.

As far as how to do it, go to Start/programs/neocron and there will be a configure neocron shortcut. Windowed mode is one of the resolution options.