PDA

View Full Version : A PPU's SC & HP should NOT do damage in PvP

RayBob
08-09-03, 05:34
I think it is fine that a PPU's soulcluster and Holy Paralysis do damage to monsters, but they should NOT do damage to other players. None at all.

One-on-one, no single player can kill a skilled PPU. An antibuffing APU probably has the best shot at it, but a good PPU is unkillable by any single player. I can accept this because a PPU also can't kill anyone...or so you would think.

I don't believe that one class should have the survivability power of a PPU and still be able to kill, albeit slowly, another player.

Ray

Pitspawn
08-09-03, 05:39
While i do agree with you on what you've said, i have to refer to the last comment you made...

I don't believe that one class should have the survivability power of a PPU and still be able to kill, albeit slowly, another player.

This simply isnt possible to adhere to. Even if you take away all possible ways of a ppu dealing damage with their spells, nothing stops them from speccing rifle/pistol. Thats not the problem IMO.

A ppu killing someone slowly isnt a problem, its the way that they can paralyse you and then kill you as you cannot get away. Parashock is the problem, not the soul clusters.

ZoneVortex
08-09-03, 06:08
Soul clusters should do damage, holy paralysis should not.

that's me idea

Shadow Dancer
08-09-03, 06:37
HP should be removed or it should cost like 120 mana.

Dajuda
08-09-03, 09:21
Ya and Antibuff should take 306 mana with a rof of 9/m. You guys are gonna take away everything a ppu has, they already cut the shelter damage percent cast on other players to half. As for the topic .. As an ppu,I know the only people i can kill within any reasonable amount of time is a spy, a noob spy that hasnt capped his heal yet, PEs can heal out of it, and most spy can as well, tanks require SCs but usually escape unless theyre at MB or other large open area. Leave it the way it is ... i mean whats more humiliating .. getting killed by parashock or my 4 slot junkknife.

-Daj

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 09:26
Well not that I'm THAT into pvp but a friend of mine is and I can tell you one thing I've learned... A good PE kan kill any PPU 1on1 with a nice lib or other piercing weapon..
I mean c'mon how much pure pierce resist does the PPU really have?
And a stealthing PE just get away from the shocks and get back again in ur ass instead..:eek:

And if PPUs aren't gonna be allowed to do dmg nothing should be able to debuff them either since that's their only chance of RUNNING LIKE HELL and surviving. I mean c'mon, no one should have to run from an assault, they should atleast have a chance to protect themself, right?

Shadow Dancer
08-09-03, 10:17
Originally posted by Dajuda
Ya and Antibuff should take 306 mana with a rof of 9/m.

Antibuff isn't overpowered like HP. Antibuff can't be spammed like HP, the same way you were spamming me over and over and over and over and over at cycrow today so Trillian could kill me, but didn't.

Antibuff is an offensive attack for an offensive char. HP is an offensive attack for a defensive char. HP shouldn't even work PvP.

IT's silly that a PPU has such an offensive attack. What's next, giving apus a special "offensive" shelter that reduces damage by 75%? That would be dumb.

You guys are gonna take away everything a ppu has,

Typical exaggeration.

Leave it the way it is ... i mean whats more humiliating .. getting killed by parashock or my 4 slot junkknife.

-Daj

Doesn't matter, they can kill you as long as they can spam you with that rediculous spell turning your drugs useless.

Originally posted by Richard Slade
A good PE kan kill any PPU 1on1 with a nice lib or other piercing weapon..

Oh my god.................

I mean c'mon, no one should have to run from an assault, they should atleast have a chance to protect themself, right?[/Edit]

?

BlackDove
08-09-03, 10:32
PPU = /set god_mode 1

That's what you get for being a support character :wtf:

Archeus
08-09-03, 11:18
Originally posted by BlackDove
PPU = /set god_mode 1

That's what you get for being a support character :wtf:

Oooh that's how I get god mode!! I was wondering there for a second being a PPU and all I didn't know how to switch it on. Silly me. :rolleyes:

BlackDove
08-09-03, 11:23
Huh?

Archeus
08-09-03, 11:38
trying to point out that PPU's are not gods. Although there is nothing to be said that isn't already on countless other threads explaining how to deal with the PPU.

FBI
08-09-03, 11:38
Well not that I'm THAT into pvp but a friend of mine is and I can tell you one thing I've learned... A good PE kan kill any PPU 1on1 with a nice lib or other piercing weapon..
And a stealthing PE just get away from the shocks and get back again in ur ass instead..:eek:

And if PPUs aren't gonna be allowed to do dmg nothing should be able to debuff them either since that's their only chance of RUNNING LIKE HELL and surviving. I mean c'mon, no one should have to run from an assault, they should atleast have a chance to protect themself, right?

Yeah but what if the PPU has spells (truesight?) to remove your
stealth?

what now

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 11:41
Well simple solution when looking at some stats:
Truesight takes AGES to cast.
Don't let the guy be alive long enough or don't be there anymore when he casts...

Originally posted by FBI
Yeah but what if the PPU has spells (truesight?) to remove your
stealth?

what now

s0apy
08-09-03, 11:59

this is incorrect. resists don't make any difference when you can heal all your points back in a second, and deflect/shelter 80 odd percent of the incoming damage.

i am damage capped on my pain easer, and at a fort i am also RoF capped. recently, at a fort, i stood in front of a highly skilled enemy PPU and fired continually into his head - at best i got him to half HP before he did a heal and jumped back to full HP again. we both had a good laff since there was no way for me to kill him, and he stood nice and still for me to emphasise this point.

i HAVE killed PPUs, but i assume only when they got careless and fumbled a spell.

a capped and skilled PPU cannot be killed by any single player other than an APU with the correct antibuffs.

on the topic, SCs should do damage in PvP since they are a cumbersome weapon at best, and will only serve to discourage rather than actually kill another player. shocks shouldn't do damge tho.

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 12:04
Well as said I'm no fan of PvP, and besides it's quite a difference in a Pain E and a Libb since the libb is... well.. Speedy.. If I might but it that way.
Well back to subject: How about this then:
Lower heal ratio on self...

Originally posted by s0apy
this is incorrect. resists don't make any difference when you can heal all your points back in a second, and deflect/shelter 80 odd percent of the incoming damage.

i am damage capped on my pain easer, and at a fort i am also RoF capped. recently, at a fort, i stood in front of a highly skilled enemy PPU and fired continually into his head - at best i got him to half HP before he did a heal and jumped back to full HP again. we both had a good laff since there was no way for me to kill him, and he stood nice and still for me to emphasise this point.

i HAVE killed PPUs, but i assume only when they got careless and fumbled a spell.

a capped and skilled PPU cannot be killed by any single player other than an APU with the correct antibuffs.

on the topic, SCs should do damage in PvP since they are a cumbersome weapon at best, and will only serve to discourage rather than actually kill another player. shocks shouldn't do damge tho.

Syntax-Error
08-09-03, 12:08
While some PPUs are killable. i challange anyone to take CC on 1v1. and when you can kill him. then come back.

I agree a PPU SHOULD NEVER be able to kill somone of equal rank. EVER

I think just remove all dmg from para. and double if not more its mana use. maybe make it equal to the anti-buff.

s0apy
08-09-03, 12:17
Well as said I'm no fan of PvP, and besides it's quite a difference in a Pain E and a Libb since the libb is... well.. Speedy.. If I might but it that way.
Well back to subject: How about this then:
Lower heal ratio on self...

libby is speedy yes, but a fully capped easer firing into the head of an opponent at point blank range, with a RoF of 170, and your opponent not moving is about the most perfect pierce-dealing combat situation you are likely to ever encounter. however you STILL cannot kill a good PPU that way.

but this is sounding a lot like a nerf-the-ppu discussion, which i won't get involved with. it's simple: one on one, you can't kill a good PPU - period. if they shock you and damage boost you - run for the zoneline and hope his mates don't show up before you've dragged yourself away. if you stay and wait for his mates to show, or for him to cast a SC on you, then you will, quite rightly, die.

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 12:20
After some quick talking to my libb loving friend here's the solution for all of you who can't kill a damn ppu (Note that someone special here calls u all n00bs)

*Sure he can heal an assload of hp, but if u cast ur shitty heal on him first, wtf is he gonna do?

*There's something called "Anti-shock fluid", used in the right time, a ppu can do whatever he wants with the para..

*Again, pure piercing goes through monks as nails through kittens

*Everyone can be killed, even GMs so why not a damn PPU...

Well there you have it bois n' gals. Solutions.
Let the ppus do their dmg, they die by the good hand of a skilled PE anyways.

Q`alooaith
08-09-03, 12:28
The trouble is PPU's can kill Pure APU's with even a storebought Holy para bolt, ever had that spammed on you just for it's damage content?

Well without any form of heal at all, a APU can't outheal it, or slow it down much, and the PPU can damage boost ya, and heal himself, and all them tricks, leaving us poor APU's unable to do much..

PPU's are 1v1 near unkillable, unless they mess up, or your another PPU and you just spam each other till their heal breaks.

Tycho C
08-09-03, 12:35
No way. Making it do no damage is insane. I want that F***er to take the SL hit when he ganks me with some tank or APU. If hes gonna shock me, he better get a SL hit for using his spell offensively.

I say remove it altogether. Or at the VERY least, up the manna so high it isn't funny. Not everyone has that uber setup of godlyness and can stand around for the anti-drugs to kick in, all the while being pounded.

s0apy
08-09-03, 12:36
After some quick talking to my libb loving friend here's the solution for all of you who can't kill a damn ppu (Note that someone special here calls u all n00bs)

*Sure he can heal an assload of hp, but if u cast ur shitty heal on him first, wtf is he gonna do?

at best that's a lame tactic, at worst it's an exploit. you can do it if you like, but hang your head in shame boy, hand your head.

*There's something called "Anti-shock fluid", used in the right time, a ppu can do whatever he wants with the para..

it takes a few seconds to work, after which you get drug effects, and also IMMEDIATELY after which the PPU can shock you again. if you've had the foresight to bring the stuff with you, and have used it at the right time, then use the time it buys you to run away, cos if you need to pop another before the drug-effects wear off - kiss your ass goodbye.

holy shelter = 51-75% fir/enr/xry
holy deflector = 45-73% frc/prc

and that's just for starters. a PPU monk ain't no kitten.

an unskilled PPU, who doesn't have good and well modded spells will, granted, die by the hand of a skilled PE.

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 12:42
Originally posted by s0apy
at best that's a lame tactic, at worst it's an exploit. you can do it if you like, but hang your head in shame boy, hand your head.

Lame, maybe, but who isn't lame at times in this game? Getting backstabbed by monks all the time, and alot of other shit too
And GR camping and such.. But it is NOT an exploit on the other hand the way I see it, it's just a way to kill their heals.
Just as an anti-buff, OR anti-heal. Those two STORE BOUGHT spells are exploits then 'ey?

it takes a few seconds to work, after which you get drug effects, and also IMMEDIATELY after which the PPU can shock you again. if you've had the foresight to bring the stuff with you, and have used it at the right time, then use the time it buys you to run away, cos if you need to pop another before the drug-effects wear off - kiss your ass goodbye.

Well good players are supposed to be players who see things before they happen. Hence going to TH, MB or TG without protection.
It's like going into PP unbuffed and without a weapon. Plain ass stupid.

holy shelter = 51-75% fir/enr/xry
holy deflector = 45-73% frc/prc

and that's just for starters. a PPU monk ain't no kitten.

That's why our gods KK gave us the ability to see things as they are.
If u buff someone first they can't buff better.

an unskilled PPU, who doesn't have good and well modded spells will, granted, die by the hand of a skilled PE.

duh...

s0apy
08-09-03, 12:57
That's why our gods KK gave us the ability to see things as they are.
If u buff someone first they can't buff better.

it now seems your entire attack strategy, rather than being based on the uberness of libby speed/pierce against monks is, in fact, hinged entirely on initially using low-level buffs/heals on the PPU first in order to neutralise his ability to defend himself. with these tactics, you can kill your monk with a well modded TAR.

as you said, "If u buff someone first they can't buff better", however this is contrary to logic, and should not actually occur. it falls far outwith the spirit and intended use of these spells (which even a tank can cast).

LTA
08-09-03, 13:01
As a ppu i am a finely honed killer, i have killed many enemies in the fields of battle how....

When i glue them they are GUARENTEED to die, yes guarenteed because i glue and dmg boost it's like painting a target for the apu that i am stuck to.
The parashock is the single biggest combat influencing spell, imo it's what makes tanks, pe's spies ineffective in combat the simple fact each is glued and gets a piss poor turning arc and the speed of a asthmatic ant carrying the shopping (blackadder anyone :D ), therefore rendering them completely combat ineffective.

Other spells dont need dmg removing parashock needs fixing good n proper :p

EDIT :

You need to keep getting the heal on him so its gonna need a more than one effort and the ppus gonna see when that heal wears and be ready to cast hh as soon as the tl3 drops

Soon as you have took this i would simply spam you again when i noticed yu were unshocked, your fluids wont work long enough when theres a apu on the scene it's simply para, hl spam death.

LOL, My ppus force resist is getting on par with energy, pain easers gatlins i laugh at them, Mooonstriker/Mal/DB are nothing heal deflect and my defense are sufficient enough.

Because we are meant to be uber defensively :D

Syntax-Error
08-09-03, 13:02
lol i would like to see this PE friend of your take on CC or many of the other PPUs on pluto and get his/her ass owned.

Original monk
08-09-03, 13:04
Richard slade i dunno why but i dont like you, why ? cause you talk shit about monks ... (youre the first one i dislike here)

Sorry for offtopic but its not worth it postin in a monk thread cause everything said here points to : NERF NERF NERF
im not participatin in this kind of ****

Ozambabbaz
08-09-03, 13:09
yiaa, something still should be done to the HP, like raise mana cost to 150 or sumt.

and maybe throwing in a Psi spell, reqqed "Mst xx" that removes buffs on self, so the cheese tactics could get legalized :D

LTA
08-09-03, 13:10
Originally posted by Original monk

Sorry for offtopic but its not worth it postin in a monk thread cause everything said here points to : NERF NERF NERF
im not participatin in this kind of ****

I don't wanna see a nerf, i wanna see the Holy Para Balanced fairly, i know its a spell that paralyses you but for the nature of pvp and the other classes i think it's far to powerfull as the counters no good tbh.

Either sort it out, add proper anti shock drugs or ones that have a "linger" effect to save repeat spamming or.... do away with freezers altogether :p

i used ot be in big defense of para but now i only use it to guarentee ppls demise :D

Ste-X
08-09-03, 13:14
if the mana cost for hp was 150, you might as well take it out because i know no ppu would want to waste mana that could be used for a heal/shelter/defelct

parashocks runin pvp take them all out

RayBob
08-09-03, 13:26
This is NOT a nerf the PPU thread. I have no problems with the effects, casting speed, or mana requirements of Holy Paralysis.

This is also NOT about PPUs being impossible to kill. I agree completely with Syntax that no single player can kill a good PPU. Sure, maybe some PPUs but not a good one. But that is not the point of this thread. I don't have a problem with a good PPU's ability to laugh at any single player's attempt to kill him.

The point I am making is that they should not be able to have this power AND ALSO be able to kill you. Holy P and the soulclusters should NOT damage another player period. I don't care if he pulls out a pistol; anybody that dies to that deserves to die.

Ray

Archeus
08-09-03, 13:33
anyone who dies to a soulcluster is an idiot or not suited up for PvP. All a soulcluster can really do is tell you to leave the PPU alone.

A nice trick I saw recently was getting a soul cluster to attack it's master (there are a couple of ways to do this).

Q`alooaith
08-09-03, 13:50
Originally posted by Archeus
anyone who dies to a soulcluster is an idiot or not suited up for PvP. All a soulcluster can really do is tell you to leave the PPU alone.

A nice trick I saw recently was getting a soul cluster to attack it's master (there are a couple of ways to do this).

Oooo, do tell..

and some of the higher level ones can be a pain in the butt to low level players.

LTA
08-09-03, 13:57
anyone who dies to a soulcluster is an idiot or not suited up for PvP.

dunno bout that

it has quite the appatite for spies i watch do anything from 30-70 dmg to spies.... :D

Scikar
08-09-03, 18:04

Erm.. parashock, damage boost, parashock again cos he used an antishock pill, cast SC, cast on target, parashock and damage boost again in case he used more drugs, spam parashock so he can't get away from SC, and heal every now and then so those little bruises and scratches don't annoy you. A tank might be able to make it to a GR, but stealth doesn't save a PE or spy, and an apu has no options at all.

Sleawer
08-09-03, 18:37
Richard Slade lives in Alice's wonderful world.

A PE killing a dedicated ppu.. nice one. I am a pure apu as main char, and I have big troubles fighting ppu's.. AND I play a class who is suppossed to give a worry to run to the ppu with my holy antibuff and my damage, which by far can outdamage any piercing damage over ppu's.

Now HOW in the Earth a PE can kill a ppu?

TL-3 heal = bad timing for the ppu
TL-9 deflector = dreaming to catch a ppu with shields off, unless you have an apu to debuff him... and that, following my maths, is not 1v1.

You always can kill a ppu 20 ranks below you :p

Antishock drugs = useless due the easy spam rate of shocks and.... have you ever faced a ppu spam-casting holy parashock barrels? You little spy will die in a blinck, and your precious antishock drugs will matter a shit.

Just for your information, Holy Parashock Barrel has nearly if not the same effect as Holy Paralysis; and it hurts.

Progenitor
08-09-03, 18:48
The only problem with PPU's not being able to damage other players are the epics, where all but the NeXT? epic require you to kill another runner.

I suppose they could always use some other type of weapon with the appropriate combat boost, but that is out of character, but not improbable.

They have to be able to do some sort of killing.

-p

]v[ortice
08-09-03, 18:56
yawn boring

quit moaning.

Take away the damage from our spells and you force PPUs to find other means of aggression FACT!

We can still fire guns and use melee weapons and drones so ur argument is flawed from the start.

Basically your argument is based on the definition of a subskill of a skill in a character class.

When they invent a class called passive i will agree with you. But how we choose to be when we are playing the game is our decision and not yours.

NERF BAT WAVING IMBECILES!

really am sick of this!

Rizzy
08-09-03, 18:59
lmao at the guy thinking a pe can kill a pure ppu. I bet, standing still, a good ppu could outheal 2 PEs . Running around and shocking they could probably outheal 10 if not more.

ghandisfury
08-09-03, 19:13
It's not the damage of parashock, it's the effect. A PPU should have a way of defending himself. It isn't fair that any player can attack a PPU with no fear of reprocution. I've said it in many threads before......HP needs to be removed, and a soul cluster that violently attacks only enemies that are attacking the PPU needs to be added. This will stop people from randomly attacking PPUs, and the PPU not being able to do anything about it. And the removal of parashock will stop the PPU from being able to randomly attack any other players.

lmao at the guy thinking a pe can kill a pure ppu. I bet, standing still, a good ppu could outheal 2 PEs . Running around and shocking they could probably outheal 10 if not more.

Standing still probably not (because of the bounce) but running around, a good PPU should be able to outheal at least 10.

Original monk
08-09-03, 19:50
Originally posted by Sleawer
Richard Slade lives in Alice's wonderful world.

do i need to say more :P

Shadow Dancer
08-09-03, 19:56

Well there you have it bois n' gals. Solutions.

How long have you been PvPing?

Originally posted by Tycho C

I say remove it altogether. Or at the VERY least, up the manna so high it isn't funny. Not everyone has that uber setup of godlyness and can stand around for the anti-drugs to kick in, all the while being pounded.

Exactly. I die so quick when parashocked, even if I take a drug they parashock me again. And i can't stealth away, and I die 20x faster than a tank.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by LTA

The parashock is the single biggest combat influencing spell,

And it costs 33 mana and has 105 RoF. That's what so rediculous.
Funny how so many ppus are ok with that, but as soon as you mention SLIGHTLY lowering the mana cost on anti buff spells they start crying and bitching that all ppus will die and this is "the end", etc... I wish for ONE DAY kk would make antibuff spells have 105 rof and 33 mana, just so the ppus would know what it's like to have such a powerful spell be abused and spammed on you.

Originally posted by Ste-X
if the mana cost for hp was 150, you might as well take it out because i know no ppu would want to waste mana that could be used for a heal/shelter/defelct

heh, that's how I felt when I first saw anti shield.

Originally posted by ghandisfury
It's not the damage of parashock, it's the effect. A PPU should have a way of defending himself. It isn't fair that any player can attack a PPU with no fear of reprocution. I've said it in many threads before......HP needs to be removed, and a soul cluster that violently attacks only enemies that are attacking the PPU needs to be added. This will stop people from randomly attacking PPUs, and the PPU not being able to do anything about it. And the removal of parashock will stop the PPU from being able to randomly attack any other players.

This is actually a great idea. And the soul cluster can do good damage, so if the person keeps trying to kill the ppu(if their alone) they can suffer the consequences, AND since they can't be parashocked they can run away to escape.

Archeus
08-09-03, 20:12
Just curious how much damage a rare para does?

]v[ortice
08-09-03, 20:21
absolutely f*** all damage

40 on a launcher after DB.

NERF BAT WAVING FAIRIES

•Super|\|ova•
08-09-03, 20:28
In my opinion, the most concerning thing about PPU's is the fact that they can use pretty nasty weapons. A PPU monk (can't remember the name) on Pluto uses some rifle (looks like some archer companion rifle or something but don't know what it is since I don't know much about rifles :D ) and I've seen him killing high level spies with it. I'm nearly capped tank and if I just stand there taking some hits from him I got to run away after like 5-10 seconds :lol:

It has been kind of funny when he starts shooting me but the thing that pisses me off is the fact that he's PPU and PPU's SHOULD be a supporter class with heals and buffs and boosts. They shouldn't make ANY lethal damage with other than his spells that is SC (I don't consider HP as a lethal spell at itself).

//Edit: Oh, I think the PPU with the rifle is Genty.

Shadow Dancer
08-09-03, 20:29
A spell doesn't have to deal damage to be lethal. Holy Antibuff and Holy Paralysis are 2 of the most lethal spells in the game. And they aren't even direct damage spells.

•Super|\|ova•
08-09-03, 20:32
Shadow Dancer, I know, I know. That's why I said "I don't consider HP as a lethal spell at itself". What I meant was it isn't directly lethal. Sorry my english if it was too confusing ;)

Shadow Dancer
08-09-03, 20:33
Sorry I misunderstood, and your english is fine. :p

Rizzy
08-09-03, 20:34
rifle ppu on pluto...hmmm.. sounds like genty ;)

QuantumDelta
08-09-03, 20:42
Rizzy, get one of your ppus in ND, a *GOOD* PPU with *GOOD* Resists, and test that "Standing still heal" thing ;)

2 Lib PE (Good freq) + Damage Boost = Dead PPU if he's not para'n'running.

I'm not kidding :P

Ste-X
08-09-03, 20:44
your not kidding but you are bullshiting :P

QuantumDelta
08-09-03, 20:46
Try it.. o_O

Ahem;
It does require a sizable amount of the bursts hitting.
EG: 3 + Bullets per burst.
I'm not kidding, or bullshitting :P

ghandisfury
08-09-03, 21:05
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Rizzy, get one of your ppus in ND, a *GOOD* PPU with *GOOD* Resists, and test that "Standing still heal" thing ;)

2 Lib PE (Good freq) + Damage Boost = Dead PPU if he's not para'n'running.

I'm not kidding :P

Yup......I have (imo) a very good resist set up, but the bonus on two libs together would kill me. They would have to miss and release the bonus, then I can outheal pretty much anybody.

Parashock is the most devistating weapon in the game....to any player......anywhere. Anybody who says differently is full of crap, or hasn't ever been shocked. Once it is removed, you will not see people (unless they are noobs or horrible at PvP) getting killed by ANY PPU (rifle/pistol users or not).

My single biggest bitch about being a PPU is the fact that I have no way to stop the occasional jackass (I mean this in the nicest way possible) from attacking me. Basicly anybody with a gun can attack me with impunity unless I spam parashock on them. I think that one of the biggest bitches from other classes is....getting spammed with parashock. So the solution (imo) would be to remove parashock, and add something that would ward off attackers to a certain degree. A rare SC (which attacks like a madman on crack) would be the best possible trade off. It would stop the occasional solo attackers, but would be of very little use against multiple attackers.

I see so many posts like "but OMG OMG I can't kill a PPU solo"...well, don't attack a PPU solo. "OMG OMG he parashocked me, and killed me with his rifle"....once parashock is gone, you will never see this again. "OMG OMG PPU=godmode"....A force of one can kill a crap PPU (I've done it) a force of 5 or more can kill a good PPU (yup, done that too) and it takes a force of 10 or more to kill a great PPU. Hopefully this is the way it always will be.

Rizzy
08-09-03, 21:10
No because i would have cath and heal sanctum running :p

Hell with my HYBRID i could outheal a capped lib when i was dmg boosted. That was with a pretty poor heal.

ghandisfury
08-09-03, 21:12
Originally posted by Rizzy
No because i would have cath and heal sanctum running :p

Hell with my HYBRID i could outheal a capped lib when i was dmg boosted. That was with a pretty poor heal.

Then you were moving around (releasing the bonus)...and wtf does cath have to do with piercing?

Rizzy
08-09-03, 21:13
nothing but it stops the dmg boost and no my hybrid was standing still.

Shadow Dancer
08-09-03, 21:16
Without parashock, ppus wouldn't be able to kill anyone and alot less people would complain.

Without parashock, I think it would be ok for the PPU to have some offensive ability.

QuantumDelta
08-09-03, 21:20
The thing's we do was with Holy Heal/Holy Heal Sanctum/Holy Shelter/Holy Deflector.

Of course, my PPU wasn't CON or STR Capped at the time, and was wearing one step down from the best armor, however, one single liberator managed to negate and begin to beat his heal (though....he probably woulda run outta ammo before he killed me, because of reload)

Futureman
08-09-03, 21:20
you can log before a ppu can kill you

ghandisfury
08-09-03, 21:22
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Without parashock, I think it would be ok for the PPU to have some offensive ability.

But only when attacked. I think a PPU should have no means of aggresive behavior......only deffencive....but when attacked, he needs to have some thing to stop a solo runner.

If he had a way of attacking, then he should be 100% killable 1vs1.

Rizzy
08-09-03, 21:24
Perhaps your ppu was lacking in natural force resist?

QuantumDelta
08-09-03, 21:26
Wasn't using EXP PSI Cont (Still isn't) and has only a few points in TRA (something like 20 max load, I think it's 8 points, I'll LoM it out in 5 PSI Levels :P)

Futureman
08-09-03, 21:26
Again, the way i see it, if you are about to get pked by a ppu:

you got 30 seconds to log:

There is no way he can kill you with a SC parashocked and dbed:

or with a pistol:

nope.

QuantumDelta
08-09-03, 21:27
*Casts all buffs*

....Ain't no PPU Killing me o_O

Shadow Dancer
08-09-03, 21:28
Originally posted by Futureman

or with a pistol:

nope.

omg

That's not a bad idea, i wonder if i'll be able to log out before death.

Futureman
08-09-03, 21:28
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
*Casts all buffs*

....Ain't no PPU Killing me o_O

exactly:

unless you are a spy:

of course you'll die whether there's a ppu present or not.

ghandisfury
08-09-03, 21:32
Originally posted by Futureman

or with a pistol:

nope.

The point is people don't want to HAVE to log....they/I want a chance at any fight. PPUs shouldn't be able to "make" you log.

Futureman
08-09-03, 22:21
well ppus have parashock:

You can't kill them:

They do damage:

what do you expect? You can't keep them from doing any damage or that would mean no dexterity. And even then they could use their fists. Its simply a matter of time before a ppu kills you, so what would you expect?

SovKhan
08-09-03, 22:27
i believe parashock does dmg for 1 reason. so they take a SL/Faction sympathy hit if they cast it on you and you die as a result. maybe it shouldnt dmg you in warzone, but otherwise us ppu's could go down into agg cellars and cast massive parashock and all the little lowbies die to monsters. then we walk back upstairs and laugh. im sure more people would complain about that then the small ammount of dmg they do.

last time i knew you could only have 1 parashock on you at a time. most effective way is to create a low TL low effect long lastine parashock that you could cast on a partner. that way no major gimpage and you cannot get parashocked again. this method works already however doesnt last very long.

sigh i wish people were more creative.

Eledhbrant
08-09-03, 22:46
It was said earlier that an APU could kill a PPU himself

This isnt strictly true if you have a good holy shelter

Capped ROF on Holy Shelter 42/min

Thats faster than an APU can switch to Holy Lightning after antibuffing you.

(Yes, I have tried it, a lovely APU tried it on me in Pepper park)

So any skilled PPU IS unkillable by any one person, which is how it SHOULD be since we arent supposed to kill people ourselves.

I wouldnt care if I couldnt kill anyone myself - I don't try to anyway believe it or not. Other PPUs do but hell remove that capability, they only use it cos its there, remove it it wont be so bad...

•Super|\|ova•
08-09-03, 22:51
you can log before a ppu can kill you

No, you're wrong. Try to do that when the PPU attacking you is Genty, you'd be down before logging out. I promise.

QuantumDelta
08-09-03, 22:53
I might test that someday, no offence to Genty but a TL 44 Gun is a TL 44 Gun :p

Scikar
08-09-03, 22:59
Actually with my capped rifle PE me and Genty are even. Neither of us can kill each other. But he can kill tanks since they can't outheal the damage or stealth away, and while spies can stealth they cant outheal and he just parashock spams them. The ones I feel sorry for though are the apus, they're supposed to be able to kill him yet they can't scratch him, he's not supposed to be able to kill them yet he easily floors them.

Helen Angilley
08-09-03, 23:00
If PPUs don't have some form of attack, no matter how slight, then the other classes shouldn't have a means to heal.

Simple.

Sleawer
08-09-03, 23:17
You mistake "other classes" with "apu's". And no, apu's do not have any way to heal except medkits... which is the same as the ppu punching someone to death.

It would be balanced.

Tanks, PE's and Spies can be killed by normal means, so they have heals, ppu buffs and of course their own attack skills.