PDA

View Full Version : sorry to post this here but...

KidWithStick
08-09-03, 01:14
this needs attention.

ive been waiting for almost 3 days on saturn to get PPU PA 2.

i went there the first day, couldnt click on the guy. it wasnt the thing where you clicked on him and the blank text box came up...it just did not even do anything, it didnt even say you cant use this item yet.

then i thought tomyself....aghh maybe if i kill him and he respawns ill be able to click on him.

so i killed him, waiting 12 hours for him to respawn, and nothing. made a ticket about it on the ingame help que. blackivory mailed me back saying that he was now respawned and to have fun, so i went back and still couldnt click on him, infact there was 3 other people there with the same problem. i made a new ticket and told them to all make one too. that was earlier today, like 7 hours ago... ive been number 1 in the que for atleast 3 hours, and the number of help requests went from 5 to 14.

so now...someone else thought if they would kill him he would respawn and it would work...

now the NPC is dead again, and its been 3 days. im wondering if a GM could just like....log on my char and take the items that you need to make the PA and switch them for the PA.

the server is saturn, and the character is Meat Wad

if a GM see's this feel free to have a mod close it, or if a lead mod could PLEASE contact a GM and ask him to fix it ASAP id be thankfull.

thanks.

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 01:33
*Adds himself to the list*
Names Stagger Lee, same server,same armor same problem...

Dirus
08-09-03, 02:50
Ok I just checked and fixed the NPC on Pluto, Saturn, Uranus, & Jupiter. So at the time of writing this the NPC is there and working properly.

However I'll clue everyone into why the NPC has so many problems.

About the NPC's disappearance all the time. It's a Dynamically Spawned NPC so long periods of inactivity in that sector will cause the server to reset the zone, deleting the NPC in the process. Only way to truely fix it is to patch the NPC in and make it Static like the rest of the NPC's in the Zone.

The blackscreen or clicking and getting nothing at all from the NPC is also due to it being dynamic. The script the NPC runs off is Server side only and is quite large in size, possibly one of the longest scripts. When you click on the NPC the Server sends you the script. A blackscreen with no text is in most cases a Timeout while trying to download the script. Periods of high lag between the client and the server or higher packet loss will cause it. The only way to fix this is to make the script static as well, and distribute it to all the clients in a patch.

I'm going to discuss the issues with KK on Monday and see whats in-store for the NPC, if it's going to be around a while then I'll see about getting it set Static to help solve all these problems.

For now the issue is known, and I will work to resolve it. So if you run into any problems with the NPC, just send an in-game help call stating the NPC needs to be reset.

@Kid I've replaced the NPC a few times in the past 3 Days so it seems you've run into a lot of bad timing with the NPC.

This is if I recall correctly the first time something like this has been attempted as well. So right now these types of NPC's are for the most part a Trial run.

KidWithStick
08-09-03, 03:17
@Kid I've replaced the NPC a few times in the past 3 Days so it seems you've run into a lot of bad timing with the NPC.

yea i know...a few of those requests were probably from me..

the one time it was reset it still didnt work properly...but ill log in right now and check...some asshole better not of went in and killed him right away..

thanks very much lupus

Marine
08-09-03, 04:34
Wow. Quick response.

Marine