PDA

View Full Version : ** Star loot

KimmyG
07-09-03, 16:22
right now 2 star loot is terriable I wouldn't mind seeing parts 6-9 added to there loot table. I mean kill * you get bones that are worth something. Kill *** you get imps and techs. Kill ** you get a peice of rotten flesh.

CarniFlex
07-09-03, 16:33
well those cave critters could also get some more recycleable loot... altough then it would turn some people to the cave critters monks were in the story.

enablerbr
07-09-03, 16:33
well i think the mob drops should be as follows.

* = lvl 1 imps not shop bought.
** = lvl 2 imps not shop bought.
*** = lvl 3+ imps not shop bought plus rares.

NeoWolfie
07-09-03, 17:19
Originally posted by enablerbr

ok, so you want..

Level 1 Implants that are useable from TL2 to TL31 dropping only from mob's that are 47/47* and up.

Level 2 Implants that are useable from TL29 to TL52 dropping only from mobs that are 60?/60?** and up.

Level 3 Implants that are useable from TL52 to TL80 dropping off mobs that are 80?/80?*** and up.

Looks like we just found a KK employee's alt forum account :p

Level 1 should drop off mob's like the 5/5 Beggar all the way upto the 39?/39? Aggressor Captain's. The players who would need them the most are not going to be out fighting Mad CopBots and Launcher Cyclopses.

Level 2 should Drop off the 47/47* and up Mobs.

Level 3's and some of the Lower Tech Rare "weapons, not really the chips" should drop off the ** Mob's

Level 3's and all the Rares should drop off the *** Mobs.

phsoot
07-09-03, 17:22
And get some loot on the scorpions too please. Maybe some half descent drugs

enablerbr
07-09-03, 17:24
well seeing as you can kill a cyclops launcher with a shotgun being a spy. which is a * mob i don't see any probs with it.;)

Scarus
07-09-03, 17:27
All rares shouldnt drop off *** mobs and the like... this is because unless u have a group of people that can use L rare weapons they arnt gonna get any low level rares since they have no chance of killing *** by themselves and in a group it'll take weeks until they get enough rares for them all to have the weapons they want.

L rares should be alot easier to get for lower level players T rares should be harder and E should be harder still... not the same difficulty to aquire.

NeoWolfie
07-09-03, 17:29
well seeing as you can kill a cyclops launcher with a shotgun being a spy. which is a * mob i don't see any probs with it.;)

Main Problem is some of the Implants in the Level 1 Group by the time you would get upto fighting the Launchers for would be outdated and useless to the people that could have used them if they were available before.

Main example are the Eyes, Hearts and Backbones. Since headchips are a different story on their own.

I know it's entirely possible to kill some Mobs way before most sane people would even think of trying it. I have after all killed a 85/85*** Warbot Titan with a Spy using a TL5 Street Model Rifle witha DEX of 13..

enablerbr
07-09-03, 17:34
btw i did once solo a *** mob with my spy. it took forever, running away to heal then return, repeat same process.

to be honest any rare whether it's considered low lvl or not. is supposed to be rare. therefore should be hard to get. hence *** mobs. i mean every player i see fighting in NC these days has a rare of somekind. it's getting boring to see.

t0tt3
07-09-03, 17:34
That would be pretty good make the drop table of techs down to * , ** and *** make the worthless WE/PoT and other tacky weapon techs drop from cyclops and higher..

the less rank on the mob the less chance they will drop a tech.
and the tech they got is just from the lowest TL of all on the tech table...

enablerbr
07-09-03, 17:39
rares are so common place these days. they might as well be sold at NPC venders with sh!t stats and made reseachable.

NeoWolfie
07-09-03, 17:40
btw i did once solo a *** mob with my spy. it took forever, running away to heal then return, repeat same process.

to be honest any rare whether it's considered low lvl or not. is supposed to be rare. therefore should be hard to get. hence *** mobs. i mean every player i see fighting in NC these days has a rare of somekind. it's getting boring to see.

They should be, but KK would catch hell from the community if they ever tried to make them less mainstream simply because they're required to even stand a chance in PvP for the most part, with a few non-rare weapons being the exception.

Rares should give a slight edge to those who have them, but nothing as big as it is now. People with skill but no rares should be able to compete with a lesser skilled player with rares. Not get owned by the lesser skilled player just because of the rares.

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 17:52
Wolfie, by your logic there, I feel a "Level4 imp" coming on :D

NeoWolfie
07-09-03, 18:10
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Wolfie, by your logic there, I feel a "Level4 imp" coming on :D

Wouldnt the Rares be Level 4.. with the MC5's being Level 5?

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 18:28
...My bad, but you know what I meant :p

KimmyG
07-09-03, 18:42
Whoa all I wanted was a small boost to ** mobs. I dont see how people have problem with rares in the past 3 days I have hauled in almost 40-45 rare parts there a joke to get.

All I want is maybe component and wepon parts and so on lvl 6-8 or maybe 9 drop of stuff like terror maulers and fliers and small reapers and have less 6-8 drop off lvl 3's and get more 9 and 10's.

My spy can take and grim with just a med belt fire its not hard.

I just want some better stuff than a wepon 1 or flesh of ** not a full rare part fest.

KidWithStick
07-09-03, 18:46

yea...thats a little off IMO...

zonk
07-09-03, 18:58
Originally posted by KidWithStick
yea...thats a little off IMO...

Add to that that lvl 1 and 2 shouldnt be researchable and the way u go economy :)

NeoWolfie
07-09-03, 19:05
Originally posted by KimmyG
Whoa all I wanted was a small boost to ** mobs. I dont see how people have problem with rares in the past 3 days I have hauled in almost 40-45 rare parts there a joke to get.

All I want is maybe component and wepon parts and so on lvl 6-8 or maybe 9 drop of stuff like terror maulers and fliers and small reapers and have less 6-8 drop off lvl 3's and get more 9 and 10's.

My spy can take and grim with just a med belt fire its not hard.

I just want some better stuff than a wepon 1 or flesh of ** not a full rare part fest.

Don't get me wrong, my problem isn't with the drop rate of rares, but with rares themselves and the drop rate of the lower items.

This game is not very Newbie friendly, tho the mid-level suffers with lack of things to do more then the low level. The Low level sufferes more from lack of Items available.

I've been playing since the begining of January. In that time Ive yet to find anyone with..

The following Level 1 Implants, Targeting Computer 1, Distance Weapon CPU 1, Neural Advancement 1, Balance Advancer 1, Advanced Movement Controller 1, Experimental Ballistics Weaponchip 1, Smart Cyber-Eye 1, Strength Booster 1, Advanced Heart 1, & Reflex-Booster 1

The following Level 2 Implants Balance Advancer 2, Advanced Movement Controller 2, Advanced Heart 2, Strength Booster 2, Reflex Booster 2.

I have every other Level 1 & 2 Implant.

This game is somewhat reversed in an Item sense.. Level 3's are all over the place, Level 2's are a little less common, and level 1's if not store bought are damn near impossible to find.

It's not just implants either, Weapons are the same way, The lowest Weapons are impossible to find since theyre not sold in stores and don't drop due to the loot table values if theyre in the loot table at all.

So is Armor, theres what? 2 Basic Armor vendors in Neocron 1 is in the far end of Pepper Park the other is in Via Rosso 3 way uptop out of the way hidden in the corner.

This game is lacking more in Low to Mid level then it is High End.

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 19:09
STR 1 used to drop off launcher cycs iirc...

KimmyG
07-09-03, 19:13
@ wolfie a valid point worthy of its own thread I do agree though that stuff like zerks and motoric are very important to low chars and arnt buyable or attainable off lower mobs.