PDA

View Full Version : Do you Drug for PvP?

KimmyG
07-09-03, 15:35
Just wondering how many use drugs frequently in pvp.

Doc Holliday
07-09-03, 15:41
I know alot of people with mix reactions to this subject. I personally occasionally use combat drugs but indeed it is very rare. the drug flash can kick in at just the wrong time for me and it can usually lead to fatality shortly after. If imo u face a drug monkey in combat be it one on one or an op fight they have approx 2 mins to put u down b4 the drug flash kicks in and "impairs" that person. if u can survive long enuff u can take em then but it can be a matter of skill and luck combined.

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 15:57
Yes* **

*Only on my PE

**Only in Duels and short fights.

Pitspawn
07-09-03, 16:04
Yup, well i used to when i played. Paracetamol Forte, a nice boost for any class and the extra stamina it gave was priceless for when you need to random circle straife resurrection.

You can take one mid level drug fairly often (not one after another) and have only a slight mist when it crashes. Try taking one drug back to back and your going to have bad things happening to you. Same thing applies if you start stacking drugs.

Personally i think drugs need an overhaul. Their effects arent great, theyre too cheap, the duration is too short and there should be little or no haze when you use one drug only. Drug crashes should be for junkies who whack on 3-4 drugs back to back, not for the casual users =)

Lethys
07-09-03, 16:06
I think drugflash should be removed from resist potions.

But that's just me :)

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 16:10
Pit.. I wanna talk to you at some point btw.... :P

Judge
07-09-03, 16:26
I hate drugs, can't stand the buggers, and I can't fight with them either. Oh well.

CarniFlex
07-09-03, 16:30
I do drugs... lots of em... constantly... thank god i can point n click instead of actually having to aim...

Destrosol Fortre addict since '69

Q`alooaith
07-09-03, 16:31
Only drug's I use are Destrol to gain a little advantage, often I get little or no flash from using just one.. So it's pretty good, and makes my spells just that little bit more effective..

Tycho C
07-09-03, 16:38
Rarely. Det Forte for the PSI. If I feel the need to haz or heat myself. A few times Iv done it to use PSI Shield, and each time it has backfired on me :confused:

Shadow Dancer
07-09-03, 16:47
No, the effects they give me aren't good enough to justify the after-effects.

Helen Angilley
07-09-03, 16:48
Never use drugs unless it's for "recreational" purposes.

Yes, and in the game. :rolleyes:

enablerbr
07-09-03, 16:50
LOL PvP with drugs. like it's not a pain in the arse in PvM with drugs. i think i'd avoid drugs use during combat.

Judge
07-09-03, 16:54
I know that I would be way more poweful if I dd drug up... I just can't be arsed with buying them and having to live with the flash half of my life =/

Its just not worth it in my books.

enablerbr
07-09-03, 16:57
Judge well i could live with the aftermarth. if stacking drugs was allowed again. that way the risks = gains from use.

Q`alooaith
07-09-03, 17:13
Originally posted by enablerbr
Judge well i could live with the aftermarth. if stacking drugs was allowed again. that way the risks = gains from use.

But that leads to 0/2's with a tone on one drug type..

Maybe if they made ODing a real problem, like SI and drugflash and lowering con as well, well maybe then.

enablerbr
07-09-03, 17:21
i wouldn't mind if ODing was stepped up because of drug stacking. as long as there is some gain to it. it was funny enough having a certain GM comment about RL dugs with me. now if you compare RL drugs with game drugs. you get off your face on RL drugs and have a good time. for that i except the probelms it may cause after it wears off or the long term probs of it. yet it's still a risk = gain situation.

as such so should the drug use in NC be like. sure i might OD for using drugs but i also gain the use of say higher weapons, imps and armour. so making it worthwhile to suffer any effects from the drugs aftermath.

.Cyl0n
07-09-03, 17:24
I miss some destresol forte... just some + psi / int drug like whiteflash or redflash ... if this would be ingame... man i would be the uber junkie with my pe :eek: :D

.cy

hnlecter
07-09-03, 17:53
drugs are for losers

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 17:57
Wait, drugs don't stack anymore? DAMMIT.

Ah oh well... at least my stash of crescent tabs will still come in useful at times...

Judge, you don't have to buy them from the shops - you can buy them from a druggist tradeskiller that makes/clones them. that or go to the BDs and buy from their dealers

kurai
07-09-03, 18:06
I've tried various setups that are somewhat extreme, and require one or more drugs to work.

Although the advantages were great I just couldn't live with the hassle of the drugging, so switched back to more stable setup configs eventually.

OpTi
07-09-03, 18:55
I lommed my PE to use hazz/heat 1 and i must say i'd rather do that that what i was doign before which was using the resist potions, i also carry my PE as my normal weapon and a RoG and some redflash for when i feel like spicing things up :)

on another note, is it worth drugging up to shelter on a spy? Was thinking about it yesterday, didn't want to try it and realise it wasn't worth it

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 18:57
Yes, it is. :P

IMO for duels anyway...

VetteroX
07-09-03, 18:59
1 drug for duels, 0 for pking. I think its kinda lame to take more then one.... i mean if you take desterole, paramole, beast, and 3 resit postions, well, thats not really "your" char anymore is it? When i beat someone in NF and they do that dead standing up thing and then disappear, you know they used like 4 drugs.

OpTi
07-09-03, 19:01
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Yes, it is. :P

IMO for duels anyway...

well he's a pistol spy and i only plan to do duels and NF sorta thing, just for fun :D

*trotts off to cap psi* :angel:

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 01:48
There's only one "drug" to use and make it feel good
(Feel the hippie vibes coming at ya since you've heard that line so many times before, but let's change it...)
LoMs...
I keep using them and changing and waiting and changing a little bit more...
Yes dear readers! My name is Richard Slade and I'm... I'm.. I'm a LoM addict.....:(

XaNToR
08-09-03, 01:50
<------ druglord

Shadow Dancer
08-09-03, 01:55
Originally posted by VetteroX
When i beat someone in NF and they do that dead standing up thing and then disappear, you know they used like 4 drugs.

lol really? Interesting..........Never knew that.

SigmaDraconis
08-09-03, 02:14
Only to use judge on my PE..i deleted the silly bugger now tho :*(

alig
08-09-03, 02:26
Originally posted by XaNToR
<------ druglord

I agree.

I only ever use 1 psi boosting drug to put pa3 on my monk after every GR so, no, i dont think i drug at all......i used the first drug ever today on my tank and i tell all of.....NO....difference so fuck it, they cost 2500cr and do sweet shit all.....

FBI
08-09-03, 03:25
My pluto tank always has 4 resist potions, some redflash and
some whiteflash, concentrated anti-shock fluid and damage blockers.

Redflash for the rare occasions of needing to run fast away from
something.

Whiteflash for casual speed + stamina boosts in situations needed.
(sometimes taken with redflash for better stamina consumption)

I use resist potions rarely for PvM (poison potions for swamp
cave and chaos cave, resist xray+energy for wormhole) etc.
PvP is a bit different though, usually if I wear a hybrid armor
setup, ill take resist potions to counter the armor piece, but
that's usually in op wars and stuff, since usually your going out
there to die anyway, might as well go out with a bang. Kamikaze style. ;)

I think it's very justified to be used, it shouldn't be frowned at
either. If anything, it's a very balanced way to have an edge over
your opponent, some may call it strategic, some may call it cheap
but usually the people saying it's cheap are the ones who lost
the fight or got embarassed etc ;)

BlackDove
08-09-03, 03:35
Originally posted by XaNToR
<------ druglord

Was there ever any doubt? ;)

ZoneVortex
08-09-03, 03:37
Heh I'm a total addict.

My PE always has....

Antishock drugs
All the resist potions
Des. Forte for basic resist 3
Redflash for extreme turbo runspeed boost

Oh trust me it's hell when those run out in the middle of combat! :eek:

Flea
08-09-03, 03:56
I use redflash before i cap, cuz body health doesnt matter too much, otherwise just whiteflash, i like 102 agility as a PE. :P

nonamebrandeggs
08-09-03, 04:09
Never.

Dream
08-09-03, 09:06
on my pe

destrisol forte for tl40 buffs
whiteflash/redflash for speed

VetteroX
08-09-03, 09:25
damn... well if some people are gonna use like 3-5 drugs foer one duel, maybe thoes are the people that give me a tough fight... maybe ill use 3 resit potions and desterole and paremole forte vs certain people and see how that goes..... I just see using more then one drug and winning as a hollow victory, but if others are doing it, why should i be at disadvantage?

Psycho_Soldier
08-09-03, 09:31
winning as a hollow victory, but if others are doing it, why should i be at disadvantage?

A duel is to test skill and you know this. I think that if the person is using drugs like that, you will find out sooner or later then choose not to duel them. Like you said, it is a hollow victory, so what is the point of dueling when the victory doesn't feel like a real victory?

BlackDove
08-09-03, 09:34
It may be a hollow victory - but when you see XaNtOr owning 5 members of the Cartel at the same time - 3 tanks - 2 monks - them not being able to reduce him to half his health - you know it's a victory worth while.

QuantumDelta
08-09-03, 14:08
The biatch has a point, drugs can push the maximum performance rating of the PE through the roof...

Duder
08-09-03, 14:21
I use 2 drugs, whiteflash and destrosol forte, im even thinking of using those resist drugs just for kicks.

Al3X
08-09-03, 15:36
also using des. forte so i can cast haz buff and psi shield
and whiteflash so i can use judge (dex 80 +18 from imps so 2 points to short for judge(dont have a sa chip :/))

Q`alooaith
08-09-03, 15:51
When I need to jump about I find, Xstrong, Beast, Whiteflash and redflash very usefull... though the comdown is like ages..

Duder
08-09-03, 15:55
I think Drugs should last a bit longer...3, 5 minutes isnt enough, and the kickback takes almost 10 minutes just to feel fine again.

KimmyG
08-09-03, 15:55
I just see using more then one drug and winning as a hollow victory, but if others are doing it, why should i be at disadvantage?

How is getting more speed or HP via drugs any differn't then useing an exp leg and foor for more speed its an item in the game to increase your players ability.

Rith
08-09-03, 18:49
you'll know if im using drugs

if I'm using the libby then im probably clean

if I'm using the judge then I'm high as a kite on redflash baby, yeah!

QuantumDelta
08-09-03, 19:35
Kimmy - Implants are stable, and sustainable.

Drugs, are temporary, and artificial.

KimmyG
08-09-03, 19:39
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Kimmy - Implants are stable, and sustainable.

Drugs, are temporary, and artificial.

So u use imp items to go faster whats the difference from useing drug items?

Colt45
08-09-03, 20:09
I can go for 30 minutes on Redflash and destrol AND stealth like a sneaky bitch beforel I hit a hangover too bad to fight with.
resist potions are bullshit though, they'll crash me in a second. don't use them.
I try to keep out of sight from those fucking obnoxious psi monks and their lame spells, but if I suck down antidotes I can usually go 10 minutes until I crash.

hope this helps for the good times :)

Psycho_Soldier
08-09-03, 20:49
Originally posted by KimmyG
So u use imp items to go faster whats the difference from useing drug items?

You even quoted him, but you still responded as if you didn't read what he said.

Unless you use drugs ALL the time like implants, then the difference is clear.