PDA

View Full Version : n00bs there......everywhere!

Tratos
07-09-03, 15:16
And im not complaining either, this is great ive seen so many n00bs around latly....and...and........i saw TWO in the n00b MC5 when i was rerolling a char, DOING THE STARTER MISSION!!11oneone

This is great and i hope to see even more, looks like neocron may have been given a new lease of life!

~T

Q`alooaith
07-09-03, 15:24
Point's down...

http://mike.9m3.com/cgi-bin/ncserverpopstickergrey.cgi

:rolleyes:

For anyone looking later, 1200 player total about...

Scikar
07-09-03, 17:40
He's right, I've seen more and more new players around everywhere.

Scarus
07-09-03, 17:41
1456 when i posted...

Anyway i know KK has enough on their plate (DoY.. us bitching) but there has been either little or no advertising at all... i've seen nothing for neocron! i only knew about it because while searching for MMORPG's it took me to their site.. and im glad it did

Neocron really needs to advertise to get more players because i had never heard of KK before i saw the neocron website... people wonder why SW:G has a chance against neocron... because it'll have like 50,000 players... they're lucas arts!!!... every one knows who lucas arts is... maybe neocron should bring out a few bad films, some really bad games (granted that lucasarts is getting some nice games out, but come on... JK..heheh) and sell it's soul to the devil THEN it doesnt need advertising :lol:

[EDIT] I just realised thats no-where near the point..umm...ok, yeah new players around everywhere i killed two in aggis while trying to raise SL from newbies running in the way of my speedgun...damn them and their suicidal nature

ezza
07-09-03, 17:44
im bumped into a total noob on the subway to plaza, so being in a generous mood i helped him out a bit, with any luck the new players will stay

Helen Angilley
07-09-03, 17:49
I pity the poor sod's who try the Fallen Angels.

They _still_ don't have an area where newbies can level up. :rolleyes:

Whiety Bulger
07-09-03, 17:50
Just think of the influx of n00bs coming to Neocron when CDv is botted and replaced with an asian publisher that will reales it in asia prepare for the population to be more than doubled.( Also prepare for major h@x0rs)

Scarus
07-09-03, 17:52
Course the FA newbies do do.. fair enough you need to be a hacker and theres only one mechturtle but still a place for them to train... slowly... very slowly... hah

Darkborg
07-09-03, 18:28
yeh they ought to sort that place out
two people who know what they are doing can lvl there pretty quickly tho ;)

Syntax-Error
07-09-03, 19:49
1592 when i looked :D

SilentGravity
07-09-03, 19:54
OMG! IS SATURN GONA PEAK AT 500 FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ALONG TIME >_<

....who knows, but I see a spike in venus's population most, a week ago on average its about 70 people. now its at 200 8|

Alderock
07-09-03, 19:56
Yeah , if i could get the damn game to work maybe i could stay...

Syntax-Error
07-09-03, 20:03
Download it :/

Alderock
07-09-03, 20:05
I did , i just reinstalled it to and started it
I have all the patched download so it said the number of the patch said already downloaded said applying patched then
CHECKSUM ERROR: source file
DiffAssembleError: not expected result
ERROR: failed patching:
for a shitload of files , then at the very end it says Neocron Launcher updated please restart NeocronLauncher.exe
Edit- I just went to update launcher and check files , alot of the files say corrupt...

d3ik
07-09-03, 20:29
Alderock. First off are you downloading from ftp://www.reakktor.com/retailpatches/ or the automatic utility? The best way to go is to download from the ftp site, and then put the downloaded files into the [root]\patches directory of Neocron. Also you will need to download the updated launcher (linked off of the launcher utility). If you are getting corrupted files my best recommendation would be to use a download manager. If you have further technical issues on this feel free to PM me, I can walk you through it over ICQ.

Alderock
07-09-03, 20:33
I don't think it's the patches but the game files themselves that are corrupted

Hippieman
07-09-03, 20:34
Just download all those broken files. It will take a bit even on a broadband connection(depending on how MANY broken files) and a even longer time with a dial-up service. Once you download the files it should work as it has worked for other people.

Alderock
07-09-03, 20:36
Yeah before i even reinstalled it it didnt work , i had downlaoded all the broken files but it still goes back to my same basic problem , after the game starts up in the bottom left it says Connecting and where the pictures are it says loading pictures but i end up having to alt tab out then close the game because it doesnt connect

d3ik
07-09-03, 20:38
Where did you download the game from? The best place to download would be http://www.dome-of-york.com/download/ , I have heard from numerous people that the fileplanet download has some serious issues.

Alderock
07-09-03, 20:39
Yeah , i got it from dome of york actually..

Hippieman
07-09-03, 20:42
Yep that problem affects even peeps with the game disk be it US, UK or German disc.

d3ik
07-09-03, 20:44
Hmm... that's a first. Well, I'd go with Hippieman's recommendation to let the Check Files system work it's course. It will automatically re-download the corrupt files. Also as a note, I'm not saying NC doesn't have bugs but typically the install/playing process is much easier at first. Hope you can get it working, we can walk you through most issues on the boards. Trust me, the final product is worth it... keep trying :)

Hippieman
07-09-03, 20:46
Yes the final product is worth it. Especially after cutting down a Warbot Titan with a poor Stilleto.

Alderock
07-09-03, 20:47
So then , do you guys have an answer to my basic problem , the connecting issue in-game? I dont even get to the login screen it's before even that

d3ik
07-09-03, 20:52
Well, the symptom of the program abruptly exiting is usually attributed to a corrupt file. If that is the only problem then the Check Files function will correct that by replacing the corrupted files with fresh, newly downloaded files. I am pretty sure it's not a connection issue, as the game shouldn't just bomb out. If the game comes up, you attempt to login and it can't connect to the worldserver... then we can talk connection issues.

[Edit] - Also, have you downloaded the new Neocron Launcher?

Alderock
07-09-03, 20:57
The game doesnt just bomb out though , I alt tab out right click neocron and press close and it says not responding so i do end task now

Alderock
07-09-03, 21:01
The files finished download , it said there is still corrupted files that may result in unknown program behavior... to follow instructions next time it starts up or to check the readme

Itth
07-09-03, 21:02
yeah i love it :) saturn is filled with newbs.

today a 0/4 with le in tried to kil me with his knife :) that was fun

Alderock
07-09-03, 21:07
It says restart neocronlauncher.exe and follow instructions or try the readme , there are no instructions when i restart either

d3ik
07-09-03, 21:17
I've never heard of that error before. The Check Files has always worked for anyone that I have talked to. At the very least a fresh reinstall/install (after backing up the patches) has worked fine, but you mentioned that you did that earlier. I would send an e-mail to helpdesk@neocron.com as they will have more experience with this sort of thing and probably have dealt with this bug before. Hope they can help you.

Tratos
07-09-03, 22:11
ok...ok...ok.....this might sound crazy, but omw from Via 1 to Plaza 1 (through Plaza 4) i saw 8 n00bs!! EIGHT OF THEM!!

and 1609 at this post :D :D :cool:

~T

Alderock
08-09-03, 02:53
I reinstalled everything and got a new error
SOCKMGR : The remote address is not a valid address, for example, ADDR_ANY.
SOCKETMGR : connect failed
SOCKMGR : The remote address is not a valid address, for example, ADDR_ANY.
SOCKETMGR : connect failed
I checked this in the neocron folder under the notepad file Error1