PDA

View Full Version : [URANUS]Truckstop Catlock Bay

msdong
07-09-03, 12:51
When i hit the Neocron Forum last week i found some Threads about the Constructors Club on Jupiter. There seems to be no problem to establish that on other servers and so a group of people founded the Constructors Club Saturn.
This was the time i thought about givin' something special to Uranus. Another Construction Club would be boring and i thought of put the Flair of the Wastelands and a my favourite part of Neocron(Vehicles) together.
Im getting started by asking Ronald Rodriguez in a mail about his thoughts about it and if he would support this idea. Unfortunately i dont get anny response because he hopefully checking if that is possible and i like to bring "Public Forces" into this.

I want to put there some things i miss in Twilight Guardian:
A Barkeeper
A VHC Vendor
A fence to seperate the area from the road.
Tables, chairs
[BONUS]Someone for selling Repair Lube and Nanites
[BONUS]GOGO

I know this is a critical area. Lots of enemys walking by to get to CRP and the place is full of ** and *** mobs. But this in no Kindergarten Picknick.

Please give me all you comments about this !!!!!

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 13:02
Uh, not just baddie mobs, but TG guards... that wouldnt be so nice...

how about, rather, out around in between the stretch of plains between emmerson avenger, tristar, and blackhill? that way, it truly captures the essence of "truckin' ".... long hours of driving on the rolling plains, no pretense of civilization out that far, then you see the glow of a dim neon sign, and you pull on the dirt road check it out... you see a small complex and other vehicles... you decide to risk it and come in... it's a small bar and vec depot! You take a seat and order a cron beer... mmm... so nice... a cool liquid that wipes off the dust of the road on your tongue...

*snap* *cough cough* Sorry, I get lost in memories of the wasteland roads. Happens when one has driven as much as I have.

The thing about this - NO faction guards nearby, no nutty mobs, and no "ub3|& 1337 p|K@r"s to annoy you... plus its the wasteland plains! it's PERFECT!

msdong
07-09-03, 13:12
did u see my signature ??:D

hmm, i dont think that place is populatet with people.
and i like to use structure that is allready placed ingame with few additions.

lol you can buy a licence from me for a place on you location :p

Mumblyfish
07-09-03, 13:14
Isn't the whole point of a truckstop that it's in the middle of nowhere?

I prefer Heavy's idea for location. Middle of nowhere. Peaceful. Covered it dirt.

Win.

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 13:21
Yep, and remember that the CST club was open to all (well, yeah, beyond the copbots, but that's another matter)...

The truckstop, in order to get better chances of being implemented, would need to be openly accessible..

plus.. think about it - it's gonna get a lot more "Mad Max" with all those atack vecs around, so it'd be great to have flat plains and low hills that you can drive well over, plus, aren't there a couple places out there that can be co-opted anyway?

Not that dead place near malstrond, that place's just too perfect as a spooky abandoned place to pervert into a place of the living.

msdong
07-09-03, 13:36
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Isn't the whole point of a truckstop that it's in the middle of nowhere?

isnt it selling stuff to ppl on a lonly road. this place have much traffic.

XaNToR
07-09-03, 13:54
u can buy vhc on desert race track

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 14:44
xantor... we're talking about a NEW place, away from the racetrack!

and the truckstop would be owned by a outcast bunch or by nomad traders that decided to settle down at an small abandoned place they found in their travels. you know the nomads prefer to travel over the plains ^ ^, so there.

and its not exactly a LOT of traffic...if you look on the map, there's one three-way join in the road, between malstrond and blackhill, might make a suitable trucker stop... or the bend in the road between avenger and tristar. Nice, lonely spot with JUST enough traffic to put some creds in the truck stop shop.

msdong
07-09-03, 15:31
Originally posted by XaNToR
u can buy vhc on desert race track

i can buy a VHC on much places but i dont think Desert Race Track is native TG terretory.
and yes its about a new place.

someting ppl come to look. ppl come to fight, or just wait on other to raid the cave.

the way south is blocked for people from other places because of the guards (whoever care about them) but the north way is kind of free.

maybe its all about giving Repair boys a place or a new spot to level. Whatever...

Heavyporker
09-09-03, 00:55
actually, I don't think that Desert Racetrack can get classified as native TG territory...

ESPECIALY SINCE NEXT OWNS IT!