PDA

View Full Version : I r newb. Hybrid advice?

Mumblyfish
07-09-03, 02:06
Okay, so let's establish this first. I'm an idiot. Write that down in bold and underline it in red pen. Now that we have THAT out of the way...

I LoMed my APU down to hybrid, just because I'm sick of being cookie-cutter, and everyone and their bitch is APU these days. Have any ex-hybrids got any advice? Should I go for Blessed or Holy heal? Holy Para or not?

Choices Choices...

KidWithStick
07-09-03, 02:12
"im an idiot"

haha it worked...

anyways.... i dunno :p

BlackDove
07-09-03, 02:13
Hybrids = nerfed so much they can't operate serious for shit. Go either PPU or APU. PPU = /set god_mode 1, APU = sadist. Choose carefully.

Pill
07-09-03, 02:13
er, you will be laughed at, you were seriously better off as a cookie, the nerf, if you forgot, is up to 30%+ per point against apu/ppu

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 02:14
Hybrids are viable for 1on1 fighting, and they're viable for PvM.

Hybrids suck ass in OP Wars....

Shadow Dancer
07-09-03, 02:33
Originally posted by QuantumDelta

Hybrids suck ass in OP Wars....

WRONG. :p

Mumbles, I would go for a blessed shelter, holy halo hybrid. Holy ENERGY halo that is, and toxic halo. Not holy super CRAP UNDERPOWERED fire halo. :rolleyes:

Remember in op wars you can still heal buff YOURSELF if you lose buffs and ppu is busy, and you can damage boost teh enemy as well. Also, i know people wont' like this, but you can cast crappy shelter on the enemies. :p

{MD}GeistDamnit
07-09-03, 02:41
to be honest i would use the lowest heal and the lowest shelter and deflector. with a psi core and ds and throw in a pp resist chip and a chip that adds to your mana or whatever u like.

then you can use all the halo spells, and might even be able to runcast them if u get 5 slotters :D

try it man and pm me when u got it done. i really wanna know what the outcome will be :)

Mumblyfish
07-09-03, 02:45
Cheers Geist. I figured a Halo would be the best option for attack, and I'm capping my PPU at 112. Holy shelter be damned!

And I've found that hybrids ARE viable for PvP. Went to the Chaos Caves, team of about 7 hostiles there. Took them about 15 seconds to kill me. Not too shabby...

{MD}GeistDamnit
07-09-03, 02:47
hmm so your going for more ppu?

when u get it down lemme know the setup ;)

CryptoChronic
07-09-03, 05:15
Originally posted by Pill
er, you will be laughed at, you were seriously better off as a cookie, the nerf, if you forgot, is up to 30%+ per point against apu/ppu

its even more than 30% even though they say it ismt

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 05:21
47%

SorkZmok
07-09-03, 05:25
haha i had a hybrid on another server that i didnt play for ages....116/116 that was....logged in, found out i was crap, rerolled. :D :D

Alex Mars
07-09-03, 07:42
I just started an APU psi-monk/hybrid-lite. I've got 10 PPU for healing and shelter, it doesn't seem to have effected my APU damage that I have noticed.

Mumblyfish
07-09-03, 10:51
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
47%
Yeah, I'd say extremely close to 50%. I'm all for making hybrids weaker, but THAT is fucking insane. BOOST THE HYBRIDS!

Mumblyfish
07-09-03, 12:49
Okay, Geist, this is my new setup (not logged on so I can't get exact damage %s)...

PPU 112 (to be 113 once I get an Antipoison Sanctum)
APU 87 (just enough to use a Holy Energy Halo)
MST 82
All other PSI points dumped in PPW to boost both APU and PPU spells without an aftereffect. I'm essentially treated APU and PPU as MST.

Full HS armour with Heavy Fire belt.

Holy Heal
Holy Energy Halo
Multi L Bolt
Holy DMG Boost
Holy Deflector
Blessed Shelter
Melee 3
Haz 3
PSI Booster 3 (the drug, not the spell)
Resurrection

It works well as a support class, but I've yet to truly solo anyone equal to my rank. Guess it needs more tweaking...

Edit: Implants. Blarg.

PSI-Core
DS
PROTO RESIST
MOVEON
STRENGTHEN HEART 2

Darkborg
07-09-03, 12:52
only because we had to run so damn long mumbly :p

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 12:52
Originally posted by Alex Mars
I just started an APU psi-monk/hybrid-lite. I've got 10 PPU for healing and shelter, it doesn't seem to have effected my APU damage that I have noticed.

:D Wait until Shadow Dancer gets hold of you...

Mumbly - setup looks okay, Piece of advice, buff yourself, then put APU PA on (...If it's even wearable with that amount of APU?)