PDA

View Full Version : Couple things about hacking that needs changing...

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 02:03
Haven't hacked boxes lately, so I don't know if anything changed...

but...

Point One - failing high level hacks REALLY needs to be more dangerous...

I mean, failing to sucessfully hack a belt should take off 10% of one's HP and cause 5% synaptic impairment... failing to successfuly hack a safe or high security safe should take off 25% of HP and cause 10% synaptic impairment... failing to successfully hack a layer off at a OP should take off like half one's health AND cause about 10% synaptic impairment...

Right now, failing a hack only does 10 damage to someone with 0 energy resist! and nothing about brain burn!

Point Two - Loot drops in Safes and High Security Safes are completely out of whack! For something that needs >100 and >130 hack respectively to successfully hack, resist potions is NOT a good reward! Ideas for more appropriate rewards to follow.

Point Three - Where the hell are the Safes and High Security Safes?! Only one I know of is in Tangent HQ, in the CEO office!

How about we put one High Security Safe and perhaps two Safes in EACH faction HQ? Then make the High Security Safes spawn datacubes with blueprints of high TL items (perhaps related to that faction? ie - vec Bps for NExT, weapon BPs for TT, drug Bps for PP and BD, and the like). The Safes would spawn, say, midlevel loot like Tl60ish armors and weapons. An excellent reward for risking the danger of hacking, no? Make it so that failing to hack the H.S.S not only hurts, it alerts the faction guards nearby that there's a thief they need to hurt.

Good ideas, no?

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 02:06
Hell Yes.
And make failed hack attempts alert clans. :p

Richard Slade
07-09-03, 11:23
Nerf the hackers!!

(yes every forum about changing needs this post!)

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 12:37
Agreed, QuantumDelta.... AT least a chance of OP owner notification if the hack fails... like 30% to 50% chance...

and pipe down richard.

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 12:40
At the moment, if people got decent / semi-decent rewards from those safes, they'd spend hours spam-hacking the safe in TT.

Bleh.....

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 14:47
Well, quantum, with the harsher penalties, I'm quite sure they wouldn't survive more than a few attempts, either by brainburn or angry guards, most likely the guards, especially the way how triggerhappy the TT guards are ^ ^

*ph33r*
07-09-03, 14:52
All fantastic ideas Heavy mate, 5 stars! :D

Machen
07-09-03, 16:34
Yesterday I got Stealth2 from cheap "Equipment Box"... who said da boxes r nerfed? :D

SilentGravity
07-09-03, 16:37
The best things iv got is a level 1 Duranium vest and a TL 55 remote poke tool.

KimmyG
07-09-03, 16:39
Yea I love fighting my way into the back off the graves killing the mob then when the hacker hacks the box down there I get a pipe to go with the pipe I got in my n00by ap. Leave the loot tables the same I need those pipes to fix my toilet.

SilentGravity
07-09-03, 16:41
Originally posted by KimmyG
Yea I love fighting my way into the back off the graves killing the mob then when the hacker hacks the box down there I get a pipe to go with the pipe I got in my n00by ap. Leave the loot tables the same I need those pipes to fix my toilet.

Silly Kimmy, there are no toilets in Neocron...

KimmyG
07-09-03, 16:42
Originally posted by SilentGravity
Silly Kimmy, there are no toilets in Neocron...

Good point maybe there should be then I could take a nice shit all that monster flesh needs to be drained. Than maybe that shit could flow down the toilet right on to some n00bs head in the sewer. :eek:

KRIMINAL99
07-09-03, 17:55
Thats stuffs all awesome ideas except quickbelts need to be unlocked and certainly don't need to be made anymore difficult to hack. They never should have been locked in the first place.

GreyFish
07-09-03, 20:52
I'm not aure about the synaptic impairment ( the current hack tool dosn't use direct neural interfacing), but i'd definalty make a faled hack do more energy damage.

Syntax-Error
07-09-03, 22:06
What is this nerf month! ill say ok to this when hacking is useful for more than taking belt (which turn out shit 99% of the time)

Hacking already screwed enough with bug and bullshit. leave it alone or fix it fully no more fucking nerfs

ReDim
08-09-03, 01:23
Hacknet should be implimented. :D
Preferbly the way William Gibson described the matrix, with ICE (firewalls), Icebreakers, and data constructs.
And preferbly with an up to the XP gain from hacking

Heavyporker
08-09-03, 02:45
oh, yes, the exp from hacking most definitely needs upping, methinks.