PDA

View Full Version : Change the in-game clock?

Krll
06-09-03, 23:03
At the moment, the in-game clock is useless for... anything really... it just sits there and whizzes away in the corner of your screen.

What would be a better thing to do with it, would be to have it move at a normal pace, and have it bear some resemblance to real world time. Have it be synched to GMT or something for example.

This would be useful for people who don't have a clock easily handy by their computer, and would also be VERY helpful for organising events. Instead of the current problem of "6PM GMT, which is 7PM CET, which is 1PM EST and 10AM PST, oh but we're currently using BST and CST while people on the moon are doing the polka" for organising an event, you just say "6pm (18:00) Neocron time"!

What do you say?

-Krll

Alex Mars
06-09-03, 23:07
For those of us who go outside to explore, it tells us how long until sunrise or sunset.

Lethal Virus
06-09-03, 23:08
That would be nice, just keep the year the same, but sync the time/day to worldtime.

Only problem is everything that is timed (mission timers, etc..) use that clock. If Reakktor was to change that, it would throw the game totally off, and everything would need to be reworked.

Mob spawns my also go by that clock, like respawn after dead for 4 min (nc time) or something.

Krll
06-09-03, 23:09
Originally posted by Alex Mars
For those of us who go outside to explore, it tells us how long until sunrise or sunset.

So adjust the day/night cycle to that it still makes sense (one day/night cycle per real day night, or happens at regular and obvious times if it's more often than once a day).

Originally posted by Lethal Virus
Only problem is everything that is timed (mission timers, etc..) use that clock. If Reakktor was to change that, it would throw the game totally off, and everything would need to be reworked.

Mob spawns my also go by that clock, like respawn after dead for 4 min (nc time) or something.

Good point, hadn't thought of those.

-Krll

t0tt3
06-09-03, 23:28
well the biggest prob. is that hey I am in a part of the world and has allways dark when I play :D woohoooo back in the old days when you saw nothing ;) Anyway... solution is simple...

Who sais that NC only have 1 sun :D????
But go for real time and have 6-10 hours darkness naaaa dont think so.. then I would go for the northen part of the world when the sun dont go down :p "on the summer" ^^

Krll
06-09-03, 23:31
Originally posted by t0tt3
well the biggest prob. is that hey I am in a part of the world and has allways dark when I play :D woohoooo back in the old days when you saw nothing ;) Anyway... solution is simple...

Who sais that NC only have 1 sun :D????
But go for real time and have 6-10 hours darkness naaaa dont think so.. then I would go for the northen part of the world when the sun dont go down :p "on the summer" ^^

That's a good point too actually. :)

Well... after all the nuke crap from WW3, who says that we still have 24 hour days? Keep a 24 hour clock for making things easy, but have four (or more! how many do we have at the moment?) day/night cycles per day, then everyone gets their share of day and night. :)

-Krll

Xian
07-09-03, 00:18
Excellent idea, I agree completely.

Even if people were in different time zones, just making the NC clock it's own (or synched to GMT/any time zone) all you would have to say is '6pm NC time' instead of '6pm London, 7pm France, 9pm Democratic Republic of Congo' :rolleyes:

Pill
07-09-03, 00:44
i'd rather have it taken out of 24 hour military time.

t0tt3
07-09-03, 00:46
well its not military time ^^ in Europe we use 24 hours days... and im not in teh army :p :rolleyes:

Pill
07-09-03, 00:58
well here, when 12 pm is 13:00, it's considered military, we have 12 hours am, and 12 hours pm :P

t0tt3
07-09-03, 01:02
well we dont have am and pm here ^^ its 13 or 01 O_o simple as that.... I know you americans are strange :eek: with metric systems with feets and other shit its pitty :p

Swoemoe/xerxes
07-09-03, 01:17
its neocron time, and there should be no time zones in such a small area of a world...

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 01:37
voted no, its NC, its NC time, leave it.

Shujin
07-09-03, 02:01
if u change nc time u gotta change mission time in all missions and epic runs ;/ it wouldnt b hard but annoyin for kk prolly but even tho it'd b ez, i think its stupid.. if u want time in nc, look at a damn clock ;P NC isnt the real world so shouldnt have real world time

Cruzbroker
07-09-03, 02:14
:lol:
Where the f* did u get this idea from? ..
Think a little... 00:20 all missions fail, I look for that, and I look when the sun raises/goes down, because I don't like to hunt in the dark... blaa blaa, think... sry flame ;X

Lethal Virus
07-09-03, 05:57
Originally posted by Shujin
if u change nc time u gotta change mission time in all missions and epic runs ;/ it wouldnt b hard but annoyin for kk prolly but even tho it'd b ez, i think its stupid.. if u want time in nc, look at a damn clock ;P NC isnt the real world so shouldnt have real world time

100% Agree

Magnazan
07-09-03, 12:54
I believe another reason for the clock is to prevent speed hax - I think the clock should stay the same.