PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami Temp Epic run help

VictorKruger
06-09-03, 19:30
Well i've finally gotten to the final mission and i got my ass handed to me by a Y. trooper replicant shooting a fusion pistol. I was trying to snipe it from but for some reason it's pistol has a massive range.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can kill one of these things?

VK

DonnyJepp
06-09-03, 19:33
Find one you can shoot at within reach of the zoneline. Shoot it up a bit and FLEE ;)

Q`alooaith
06-09-03, 21:01
Get a PPU to keep buffing you, and healing you, and dmg boosting it...

and then after the PPU rezzes you and casts the buffs again, start over till it dies...

Note, DO NOT attack Y rep's near commanders, they hurt..

Dardalion
06-09-03, 21:49
Lure it to the GR building and hope it doesnt come inside (sometimes they do)

VictorKruger
06-09-03, 22:02
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
and then after the PPU rezzes you and casts the buffs again, start over till it dies...

:lol:

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Omnituens
06-09-03, 22:52
fusion pistol? i thought they used plasma pistol?

Lethal Virus
06-09-03, 23:05
Originally posted by Omnituens
fusion pistol? i thought they used plasma pistol?

I think he is refering to the pistol he is currently using?

VictorKruger
06-09-03, 23:26
doh sorry i ment plasma pistol

Im actually using rifles which really amazed me that they could hit me with good accuracy from a great distance away.

Q`alooaith
06-09-03, 23:39
You could try getting some dumb tank about rank 30-45 to swamp the Y, and just shoot at it while the PPU buffs you and lets the tanks die horibly..

Dardalion
07-09-03, 00:06
Originally posted by VictorKruger
doh sorry i ment plasma pistol

Im actually using rifles which really amazed me that they could hit me with good accuracy from a great distance away.

I first tried this with a sniper rifle and the bastards still had better range than me 0.o

Then I got a PPU to buff me and damage boost him - then hide and shoot the hell out of him.

t0tt3
07-09-03, 00:51
PPU near your sorry ass and its np...

Keiron
07-09-03, 01:28
Back when I ws APU, with a good PPU I could take on Y Commanders. /set ego_size +15

Q`alooaith
07-09-03, 01:30
Originally posted by Keiron
Back when I ws APU, with a good PPU I could take on Y Commanders. /set ego_size +15

*Sneak's up behind Keiron with holy antibuff*

I anti shielded a PPU once that was beating up a copbot, that was funny, he was like WTF, and I was like lol, and he was like WTF, and I was like funny, then I ran...

VictorKruger
08-09-03, 02:39
ok i tried the whole hit and zone tactic, and after the 3rd time i died i decided that this isn't working.

I've found that these y. reps heal too damn fast. when i zone out and zone back in the y. rep would be at full health. I'd get about 1/4 health dealt to one and then i'd have to zone.

I'm on the saturn server under the name (shock) Victor Kruger. I need some help from a ppu and maybe someother person in killing one of these damn things.

btw what is a y. rep's rank? They take about as much damage off of me as a STORM bot.

Progenitor
08-09-03, 02:42
Originally posted by Dardalion
Lure it to the GR building and hope it doesnt come inside (sometimes they do)

If the mine doesn't have turrets stationed at it, you can use the mine buildings really well for cover.

Just shoot it once and run behind a hill.

It will follow.

-p

VictorKruger
08-09-03, 04:45
Thanks for the suggestions guys. believe me i've tried each tactic, except for the ppu since no one will respond to me team recruit pleas for help. And i can't seem to get one even half dead. These Y reps have about the same damage dealing capabilities as Storm bots and they heal about as fast.

I'm really getting frustrated with this mission. i mean really... the last mission i had to do was get some fuel for a hovertech bike, and now i have to kill a fuggin Y rep (or was it to kill a runner....i forget)o_O o_O

Not to mention the costs of drugs and pokes that im spending on.

i am a 36/45 using a lightbringer 2 and a tangent assault rifle. Both modded and very effective against warbot, decayed brutes and horrors. but against a blasted Y rep.....nah.

Also has anyone had anyproblems with drugs that you take the same drug again and it makes you even more drunk?