PDA

View Full Version : Factionless, to new faction idea...

Q`alooaith
06-09-03, 19:02
Right now, you can become factionless by doing some bad stuff in your factions HQ..

Well I was thinking, why not make factionless into a real faction of sorts...

make em a murders faction or somthing else with that sorta name, and then make them hostile or neutral to all factions..

They are the dregs, let them play as dregs...

SilentGravity
06-09-03, 19:05
Its called anarchy-breed....

Anyways, factionless was never supposed to be a player faction, its the "backbone" of all the factions, by default the system sends you to "Soul-Light" (aka factionless) if you fit no where else.

KidWithStick
06-09-03, 19:07
how could you be in a faction when your factionless :confused:

Mattimeo
06-09-03, 19:09
why are factionless dregs? whats wrong with someone being neutral to all thats going on?

JiNxY
06-09-03, 19:11
nothing thats why you can be factionless, but a factionless faction is well, stupid lol

Q`alooaith
06-09-03, 20:47
It would not have an epic, clankeys or anything like that..

Factionless are dregs, because you've got to kill to becoem factionless, and so that should be pointed out.. maybe send people that become factionless to a non factional faction (your always in a faction, there's not such thing as factionless realy) maybe tagged as Murders or cutthroats..

The idea is, let other people know, they did something bad to be where they are..

oh and AB are neutral or maybe even allied to tsunami, can't rember which, but I do rember they are..

Shadow Dancer
06-09-03, 20:49
I like the idea. I want a pker or murderer faction.

Q`alooaith
06-09-03, 20:55
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I like the idea. I want a pker or murderer faction.

Yea, make factionless changed so people would be called, Murderer's or Traitors, you know somthing to show that they are not so good... maybe even Rebels

Yea, Rebel's and somthing, Criminals.. It'd also help them see that even though they are factionless, they are still in a faction of sorts..

Shadow Dancer
06-09-03, 20:58
I wish being a murderer or criminal was viable.

I think beyond -16 SL you should lose 2 items, and still have a safeslot. Then beyond -50, you would be booted from your clan, be factionless, be hostile to all factions, and copbots KOS you. Rather than losing 5 rares everytime you die. :rolleyes:

JiNxY
06-09-03, 21:41
the problem is, you can become factionless without doing anything bad. so you get labeled a bad guy but your not.

Q`alooaith
06-09-03, 21:44
Originally posted by JiNxY
the problem is, you can become factionless without doing anything bad. so you get labeled a bad guy but your not.

How do you become factionless without doing anything bad then...

cause I know of only a few ways to do it, and each is pretty bad.

Tickles
06-09-03, 21:46
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
How do you become factionless without doing anything bad then...

cause I know of only a few ways to do it, and each is pretty bad.

When u quit a clan u become factionless until u zone :p

Anyway surely this "faction" should be classifieds as Outcasts

JiNxY
06-09-03, 22:19
it can be done by something very simple.

so anyway, that would have to be fixed for this idea to be any good, but i still dont like the idea anyway :p

and its funny the way twighlight guardian is pushed off the bottom of the sympathy screen

Q`alooaith
06-09-03, 22:20
Originally posted by JiNxY
it can be done by something very simple.

so anyway, that would have to be fixed for this idea to be any good, but i still dont like the idea anyway :p

and its funny the way twighlight guardian is pushed off the bottom of the sympathy screen

Makes you wonder about when DoY comes with AB and all them other factions, whats goning to happen, FA get puched off too?

oh I rember the leaving clan bug, also had another bug a bit ago, each time I invited people into the clan, they'd get a certain other tag until I zoned....

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 00:02
its called Anarchy Breed, jeez.

And Tsunami/Black Dragon might have a perfectly good reason for being allied/neutral with AB... because many in AB would be murderers and outcasts, right? They would want some people to do some really filthy, coldblooded stuff, stuff so plain lowdown bad even the CMs wouldnt touch it for any amount of money, then the TS and BDs would be happy to contact some BDs.

Q`alooaith
07-09-03, 00:52
Originally posted by Heavyporker
its called Anarchy Breed, jeez.

Point's up

Originally posted by SilentGravity
Its called anarchy-breed....

FFS, I'm not talking about AB can't you tell, I'm talking about people who have gone out and made themselves factionless, not like AB, this faction would be the outcasts that they have made themselves, no faction HQ, no epic, maybe everyone neutral to them... You get the idea, it's not AB, which are all for welll Anarchy, and have a faction HQ of sorts (or did at one time)..

Pill
07-09-03, 00:54
Nah, factionless should reamin the way it is, it's cool to be neutral.

Shadow Dancer
07-09-03, 00:58
Originally posted by Pill
Nah, factionless should reamin the way it is, it's cool to be neutral.

You could make 2 type of factionless.

OGMGOMGMOGMOGO WILD IDEA! :p

Q`alooaith
07-09-03, 01:09
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
You could make 2 type of factionless.

OGMGOMGMOGMOGO WILD IDEA! :p

Good idea

Outcast's, Neutral to all, allied to none..

AB, Hostile to most, neutral to outcasts and such..

this brings AB in, for all you people that say they are such and such, anyway, AB, hostile to almost everyone, allied to none...

Shujin
07-09-03, 03:01
cant have a completely neutral faction, cuz politics just dont work like that

someone always hates someone.

if lets say it was named Uber Nuertral Faction, UNF, well CA fights TG and a group of very strong UNF walk by, both sides are gonna b like FUCKIN HELP US, and UNF will b like ;o... nope ;o.... and CA and TG both will b like >;O DIE so then they'd get them as enemy, then they run away from CA and TG and get a group of NEXT drivin around and they get a radio call saying CA is to kill all UNF on site, well they are allied and like CA so hey, kill CA enemy maybe they are looked upon better by the CA so then they run over the UNF ppls.

meanwhile in UNF HQ they hear about the incidents with CA and TG and contact there HQ's and tell them that was a rogue band of UNF ( just to please them and get them to think they would have really helped , but they wouldnt ). CA and TG both say ok and decide not to be enemies to UNF but neutral again.

however, when they hear reports of NEXT running over a group of UNF for unprovoked they decide that can not go unpunished, so then the next time NEXT is seen by a UNF he is shot on site.

NEXT hears of this and demands retrobution! UNF gives none for they recieved none.

NEXT and UNF go at eachother full force. NEXT calls on CA because they killed the UNF runners in there name in the first place and CA decides to help since they already had a bad experience with UNF and would like to get rid of them all together.

UNF finds of the Next and CA alliance agaisnt them and calls upon enemies of CA and Next to help them, they call the TG and DOY.

When CA and NEXT Officials hear of this alliance they go crazy and do raids on all UNF camps in the wastelands almost utterly destroying the UNF

The leader of UNF and a couple of the high consoul end up escaping and recruiting local Anarchy Breed into there faction.

They then ask for some assistance from DOY in exchange for spying on CA for them. DOY agrees. For about 2 years UNF seems to be dead while really growing stronger and stronger in a, unknown to ca, base which is deep in an underwater cave west of simmons factory. The created the base with modified technology from DOY. The first thing was a modified HoverTec which DOY stole from NEXT. It had a force field around it to force water around it and an air generator that mix's Oxygen and Nitrogen to create a nice breatable underwater enviornment around the hovertec. Utilizing that technology they made larger forcefields and breatable air gernerators.

There underwater stronghold was home to many poisonous marine animals which had natrually extremely hard skin, they created special armors mixxing battle armor and duranium with these elements creating special armor that resisted Poison and Force and Piercing VERY nicely however had very low energy resistance. Which they solved in an engious way, they modified the force field which keeps them alive by pressing agaisnt water into many different things. They created a radation shield, which actaully came about by a freak accident. they were looking for some kind of frequency that would drive away the marine animals that lurk around there base and someone mis-shot a plasma burst at someone surrounded with it, and it almost completely disipated. the person was dead but the body showed almost no radio-active resedu.

They also created new weapons that throw someone back using the principled of stuntrap turrets and the force field, it did no damage but it threw them pretty far back and makes it almost impossible for someone to keep aim on you if you constantly do it.

the UNF used these meathods and took over simmons factory. CA found the news that UNF was back and extremely strong and they immediatly dispatched units to the simmons area, they did not find anything there, even the building itself and all the tools, and even the underground area was filled with dirt. it was as if restored to how it was before Simmons Factory was even built there... a blank hill. the CA setup base camp there to monitor the area in the following week.

meanwhile the UNF took EVERYTHING from simmons, litterally everything, every brick, ever speice of scrap metal, everything. they needed everything they could get. they then rebuilt simmons in a new division of there subsea level labrynth ( so many names for it huh? ;P ) and turned out more and more weapons and armor by the day.

eventually they decided to go back up and encountered CA gaurds , STORM units, and even CityMercs. the UNF decided to show them they are a force to be recognized so they engaged them. the CA, STORM units, and even Citymercs that were once proudly serving the people of neocron, were all dead. there bodies immediatly sent to bio labs in the sea. also called sealabs. one sealab in perticular, Sealab2021, was very successful in experementations, they created a new type of marine animal which was smart as a human, but vicious and ugly as a shark. This new creation had limited abilities on land, but in the sea it could travel anywhere( except of course in the forcefielded area, which requires a special frequency around an object to pass through.) however there are weaker less developed areas of this underwater dome alot like the outzones of neocron. many mutations of man sharks and normal mutated fish lurk in those areas. they are not much of a threat but still very strong when they decide to come up from the water. but to deal with them the inner UNF dome has energy harpoon turrets preventing any life of any kind to come through without the proper frequency allowance.

throughout the city they have placed censors to make sure all citizens have the frequency on them. The frequency is obtained by a drug produced which alters the body chemistry and emmits a low charge data frequency which translates into the phrase "Nuetrallity".

the cityadmin not knowing any of this, thinking they were simply moving about like anarchy breed went to simmons base camp due to the fact they recieved no word from any of there gaurds in the area, when they got there they found nothing but blood. there was only blood... no tents. not computers. no guns... only blood.

Shujin
07-09-03, 03:02
sry for double post.

and if u want a pure neutral, there already is, and not meaning anarchy breed. Traders Unions ;] they sell to anyone

SilentGravity
07-09-03, 04:26
Point's up

FFS, I'm not talking about AB can't you tell, I'm talking about people who have gone out and made themselves factionless, not like AB, this faction would be the outcasts that they have made themselves, no faction HQ, no epic, maybe everyone neutral to them... You get the idea, it's not AB, which are all for welll Anarchy, and have a faction HQ of sorts (or did at one time)..

What are you talking about, did you even read my post, that was in reply to YOUR post saying "Factionless should be outcasts and evil people" well there is already faction about this, ANARCHY-BREED!

I never said factionless was anarchy breed, I said "factionless" (its not really its a real name) is "Soul-Light" I am a person who IS Soul-Light.

so stop calling it factionless because IT IS a faction, its Soul-Light

Shujin
07-09-03, 05:09
soullight is soullight o.0....

SilentGravity
07-09-03, 09:11
Originally posted by Shujin
soullight is soullight o.0....

No, there is a faction NAMED Soul-Light, if you ever see people without a faction title they are "Soul-Light", as a person who is "factionless" under my F6 screen it says im "Soul-Light"

Pill
07-09-03, 10:13
lol, first time i've heard of that, all 4 of my characters on test who happen to be factionless, all get a big fat 'No Faction' under the F6 menu.

Want screens?

SilentGravity
07-09-03, 11:11
Originally posted by Pill
lol, first time i've heard of that, all 4 of my characters on test who happen to be factionless, all get a big fat 'No Faction' under the F6 menu.

Want screens?

Not really but ill take your word for it, how did you get to this "No Faction"? Maybe its a different type or maybe its just the test server but unless they changed it since march (when I rerolled) its something different.

How I got it I joined a clan before they made that "you gota have 50 symp to go to that faction" and at the time I had a - number and when I quit I did not fit in TS (the faction of the clan) I defaulted to Soul-Light

How did you get it?

07-09-03, 11:25
The way it is now is good. If you make the Soullight faction hostile to everyone we will have 50% of the server joining it so they can PK.

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 12:39
Aw good god... what the hell is with Pkers trying to twist everything around them?!

Soullight either is neutral/allied to everything, and it might as well stay that way, plus copbots are in the soullight faction, so there.

Breschau
07-09-03, 13:28
Anarchy Breed as described in their blurbs and backstory don't quite fit the Anarchy Breed that's implemented in the game.

The most obvious example being that in-game they have internal faction policies and communication - they all have exactly the same allies, neutrals and hostiles. It's not just a label for outcasts, loners, punks, etc. It's a genuine faction same as all the others (cept maybe that there's not a leader - but there's still an apparent organisation there).

Q`alooaith
07-09-03, 15:12
Ignores all other posts.

Can you be totaly neutral. I don't care you can just say, I'm just one person I am not involved in your petty polotic's

I was saying people who kill to lose faction, should be sent to AB, not that AB would become the factionless, silly boy.

There would be two places to go, outcasts, and AB, because factionless is a bug.. AB would be like a proper faction and Outcasts would be just the new name for factionless.. You'd get sent to AB if all your faction symp's where negative or somthing, and outcasts if your symp's are +itve to most..

Read that STFU and forget all the other crap.. That's what I'm talking about, getting rid of a bug, and changing the place where people get sent when they lose faction.

Breschau
07-09-03, 15:34
Why would killing to lose faction send you to anarchy breed exactly? Wouldn't the very nature of being an outcast mean you had negative sympathies?

My point was that AB are only inherently hostile in the game mechanics implementation of them (ie, they're hostile to almost all (allied to FA at the least) so the game has them attack all). But thematically, they just don't want to be governed, they're not auto-hostile (some are, some aren't). They'd be just as much a place for peaceful outcasts who don't belong (possibly don't want to belong) to a faction anymore as they would ally-killing murderers.

I'm talking purely thematically here, not in terms of what's needed/wanted as a game mechanic. Because of the way AB is implemented in the game, I'd agree you'd want a seperate place for player outcasts. I just don't think it should automatically be negative symp -> AB, positive symp -> seperate outcasts.

Q`alooaith
07-09-03, 16:02
I said read my frelling post, don't say another word untill you read it again..

I said, you'd get sent to AB if your symps where negative, and Outcasts if they are +itve..

Some people are just fool's.

Breschau
07-09-03, 20:14
I said read my frelling post, don't say another word untill you read it again..

I said, you'd get sent to AB if your symps where negative, and Outcasts if they are +itve..

Some people are just fool's.

I specifically mentioned what you said about symps, and didn't entirely agree on it. For example, "I just don't think it should automatically be negative symp -> AB, positive symp -> seperate outcasts." from the post you just dismissed as not having read yours.