PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Proper Recycling!

Heavyporker
06-09-03, 15:45
I want a bit of the halycon days of recycling, true recycling where one with the skill could clone many of the most useful consumables...

Let us petition KK to at least let us recyclers clone the small packs of lubes and gels and the repair nanities.

If they wish to keep those items out of the reach of journeyman recyclers, at least raise the TLs of those lubes and nanities so being dedicated to recycling will bring just rewards.

I also have seen many nice ideas about making street junks useful, like in altering the recipe for the making of datacubes to 5 computer junks and 5 glass shards... a most useful recipe!

Please, let us petition KK! Let us unite! Let us be a force for Neocron!

Krll
06-09-03, 19:07
Aye! Revamp recycling!

Two thumbs up!

-Krll

lullysing
06-09-03, 19:12
Yeah, and implement recipes that make it you can recycle those OTHER chems that can't be recycled ATM.

Hell-demon
06-09-03, 20:14
bring it back

Those were good times:cool:

Judge
06-09-03, 20:19
I like it.... also like the 5 glass and 5 computer junk for a databook. It would also be cool if you could clone databooks that you have written in, clan propoganda, events etc....

Yeah basically 5 star thumbs up :)

DonnyJepp
06-09-03, 21:31
I want to be able to clone tradeskill substances, empty datacubes, and the good drugs. Please?

spydre1070
06-09-03, 21:36
bring back the cash cube :(

Tickles
06-09-03, 21:41
Originally posted by spydre1070
bring back the cash cube :(

Lol i agree but then everyone would be able to be infinetly rich.

Heavyporker
06-09-03, 21:42
Nice to see so much support.

Aye, those were the good days.

Oh, yes, I would want that the Cresent Tabs, the Tiger's Blood, and the Kri'Nakh drugs to be clonable, but only at like recycle skill 100+, so that the true recycle tradeskillers can be properly rewarded for their preseverance.

Krll
06-09-03, 22:33
I remember the glory days of beta... my APU psi monk who recycled metals from junk, researched his own items (back before you could copy BPs) and would then construct them too!

They need to stop selling metals in the shops really IMO... but then I'm a sadistic bastard when it comes to forcing players to be reliant on other players (in a trade skill way that is, not in a teaming way). :)

-Krll

Heavyporker
06-09-03, 23:55
Whoa.... eliminating metals/chems from the shops would cause chaos among the constructors... wheeooo...

Would be interesting to see though.

Actually... not a complete wipe as you envision it... I think I envision something slightly different... How about we erase the low TL metals/chems from the vendors - the solantium and meritium and metal D and so on? Like the 5 or 10 cheapest and most common metals/chems?

Harvesting the metals/chems from boxes and mob drops would become more profitable then, and recyclers would get a fair boost in business, and the rarer/more expensive chems would still be more accessible to csters since they'd be hard or impossible for recyclers to make as well - especially - SILICIN, EXPLOSIVE A AND B, AND SO ON?!?! WTF cannot we make them for?! And the price/TL/recipe of gamonin to make?! The chems/metals need looking at by Lupus or a dedicated recycler willing to do an objective once-over of chems/metals and make a recommendation to Lupus...

Plus, how little of the chems are really used? Medikits use metals/chems - WTF?! Aren't drugs, potions, and firstaid/medikits supposed to be made/recycled from medical substances?!

It's supposed to go - chems>medical substances>pharmaopetria!

Anyone know if metals or chems are BUILT from metals or chems? IF metals, then we need to change some ammo recipes to use chems... hmm... yeah... we need to make a more "realistic" recipe system.... Possibly a large job, but not impossible, just do a bit at a time.

And please, please - The meal recipes need to be tweaked - the "vegetarian" meals aren't vegetarian, and the datacube recipe causes one to lose like 5x the price of a storebought datacube in organics. Datacubes should be recyclable from 5x computer junk and 5x glass shards, period.

The recordable datadisc and databook recipes can stay the same, though, make people EARN them. I know I did with the recordable datadiscs.