PDA

View Full Version : Remote repair

gizmojack
06-09-03, 13:42
Anyone tried repairing their damaged vehicle with their remote repair tool? (The one you can hold in your hand) How does it work and what lvl of repair skill would be good to do this effectively.

Also -> how to you mod a vehicle? like hovertec energypack?

Thx
-Giz:cool:

\\Fényx//
06-09-03, 13:45
energy packs are not mod's. They are fuel, a tank needs to carry ammo to use the cannon now for example

The remote repair tool doesent need any repair skill (that ive noticed) and you simply arm yourself with the tool and ''shoot'' your vehicle. Shame it doesent work on turrets or drones really but hey...

You need ALOT of remote repair nanites for this btw. it aint cheap ;)

Judge
06-09-03, 13:49
Do you know if you can clone repair nanites? As I was messing around with them before cloning came into the game.

gizmojack
06-09-03, 14:02
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
energy packs are not mod's. They are fuel, a tank needs to carry ammo to use the cannon now for example

The remote repair tool doesent need any repair skill (that ive noticed) and you simply arm yourself with the tool and ''shoot'' your vehicle. Shame it doesent work on turrets or drones really but hey...

You need ALOT of remote repair nanites for this btw. it aint cheap ;)

Well i guess my next question would be... if I were to buy repair
nanites and repair the vehicle myself. Is it cheaper then repairing it from the repair depot??

Spoon
06-09-03, 14:39
Originally posted by Judge
Do you know if you can clone repair nanites? As I was messing around with them before cloning came into the game.

No, you can't, I'm pretty sure I had enough junk and Recycle skill...
I'll double check later......

and also, I was unable to remote repair a Combat Hovertec with 0 Repair skill, but I was able to remote repair one with a Tank w/ 71 in Repair....

neophotographer
06-09-03, 14:56
Originally posted by gizmojack
Well i guess my next question would be... if I were to buy repair
nanites and repair the vehicle myself. Is it cheaper then repairing it from the repair depot??

Depends on what you consider. i think overall cost is just slightly less expensive to use repair nanites, btu I think the time involved along with the nanites means that if you can use a depot you should. a lot quicker, and to be I consider it cheaper.

Stacey

Heavyporker
06-09-03, 15:40
Before the recycling nerfs, I could clone repair nanites like the other lubes and such.... *sigh* those were halycon days...

Yeah, with a high level repairer, it's fairly much cheaper to use nanities, plus you won't have to tether yourself to being within the same zone as a vec depot if you have a decent high level repairer with you.