PDA

View Full Version : OMFG - 'Customer Service' Training

d3ik
06-09-03, 01:15
I know no one cares, but you're the only ones who listen :)

My work made everyone in my section go to a 'Customer Service' Training class today run by a crackwhore with too much make-up telling us how to communicate with people properly and other etiquette. It was 3 hours and I feel like someone has been sucking the marrow out of my soul! I hate these things, it's always some overly fake person preaching things that I will never follow because of how obviously superficial they are. Whew... okay, rant off. Anyone else had to take these damn seminars?

\\Fényx//
06-09-03, 01:17
Originally posted by d3ik
I know no one cares, but you're the only ones who listen :)

My work made everyone in my section go to a 'Customer Service' Training class today run by a crackwhore with too much make-up telling us how to communicate with people properly and other etiquette. It was 3 hours and I feel like someone has been sucking the marrow out of my soul! I hate these things, it's always some overly fake person preaching things that I will never follow because of how obviously superficial they are. Whew... okay, rant off. Anyone else had to take these damn seminars?

I work on customer support and tech support 6 days a week, youve had 3 hours of it and feel like shit, what about 9 hours a day ?

Did you have to talk to any customers? no
Did you have to do anything other than really sit there? no
Do you want to do it as a job? doubt it...

Some people like being helpfull, others just wanna be the asshole...

csh1
06-09-03, 01:18
u could work for help desk then
...you wouldnt actually help anyone!..since its not a required in job description

d3ik
06-09-03, 01:22
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
I work on customer support and tech support 6 days a week, youve had 3 hours of it and feel like shit, what about 9 hours a day ?

Did you have to talk to any customers? no
Did you have to do anything other than really sit there? no
Do you want to do it as a job? doubt it...

Some people like being helpfull, others just wanna be the asshole...

No, man. I do support in my job too (in a way)... yes I have to deal with customers and a wealth of other messed up people, but this was a class on customer service. Taught by one of these overzealous 'i know i'm funny' people who do stupid little roleplays and think they're clever. I guess you had to be there.

\\Fényx//
06-09-03, 01:24
Originally posted by csh1
u could work for help desk then
...you wouldnt actually help anyone!..since its not a required in job description

same difference...

I do Email support and direct phone support for savastore.com

9/10 customers are asses who think they know their shit and phone us with their head stuck up their ass wanting to know why, with all their expertise, their PII 250 with 1x AGP wont work with a radeon 9700 x8 or why their Computer wont work after putting their Athlon 1800 at 400 FSB or something

I actually had a customer say to me once that they worked for ''Athlon'' and that all Duron's are MADE to be overclocked because they are more stable o_O and this guy was adamant that a 1 ghz duron could be run at 400 fsb, apparently it was on ''Athlons'' official site o_O Customers = Fucktards...

Sorry to sound bitter people, but i didnt bother learning the shit i know to be talked down to by morons who wait 30 min's on a national phone line only to argue the toss over the fact they know better than us, yet still want our help, but wont let us get a word in edgeways o_O !

[Edit] we had a prime example today, one customer fucked up his XP2800 because he used TOOTHPASTE as fucking coolant on it o_O! he was arguing that toothpaste was more effective than proper gel and that many top overclockers magazines reccomended it. Instant disqualification to his warranty on his motehrboard kit as he's admitted to overclocking, used fucking toothpaste as coolant and also looked like he'd tried putting the heatsink on the wrong way round. Customers are just plain stupind 99% of the time.

joran420
06-09-03, 01:25
I get to do those once a year :)

d3ik
06-09-03, 01:28
*plans to launch complaint campaign against savastore.com... hehe (j/k)*

Yeah, I was a technician at CompUSA (no comments, i was more than competent) for two years and I had to deal with the "I am here in a f'ing CompUSA asking you a question, but when you give me the right answer I tell you you're wrong" fuckups.

\\Fényx//
06-09-03, 01:30
Originally posted by d3ik
*plans to launch complaint campaign against savastore.com... hehe (j/k)*

Yeah, I was a technician at CompUSA (no comments, i was more than competent) for two years and I had to deal with the "I am here in a f'ing CompUSA asking you a question, but when you give me the right answer I tell you you're wrong" fuckups.

Yep we get that daily

Another good one was a guy who wanted a replacement on a 18 month old CDRW because his son jammed a rusk into the tray :lol:

Barar
06-09-03, 01:36
Everyone deals with customers

Whether its face 2 face
Over phone
You boss wanting that report / product
You produce a commodity for someone that makes that person your customer

Dealing with them in a professional curtious manner should be what everyone does - courses just remind u

d3ik
06-09-03, 01:40
Barar... I totally agree with you. I am all about treating people with respect and addressing their concern (whatever that may be) in a professional manner. It's when a crackwhore in a wig gets on a chair and pretends to be an irate customer in a completely unbelievable and corny way and this is on my Friday afternoon when I should be getting work done so I can get out of the office !?!!>.... that's when I get a little upset :)

Clothing_Option
06-09-03, 01:41
IMO

COMPUTER SUPPORT ON ANY! LVL SUCKS
COMPUTER NETWORKING SUCKS
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING SUCKS
TO SUM UP COMPUTING SUCKS

\\Fényx//
06-09-03, 01:42
Originally posted by Clothing_Option
IMO

COMPUTER SUPPORT ON ANY! LVL SUCKS
COMPUTER NETWORKING SUCKS
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING SUCKS
TO SUM UP COMPUTING SUCKS

THEN LOG OFF YOUR PC
THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW
NEVER BUY A NEW ONE
BECAUSE YOU SUCK ON EVERY LEVEL.

o_O

(Disclamer:hell... everyone wanted to say it, no? cmon nid, i bet even you wanted to say that :D)

Barar
06-09-03, 01:46
The general public are the singular hardest group i have ever met to keep happy

even as individuals they can be pain in the asses - they push and push just coz they are at end of telephone or on a chat board etc is no excuse to act like a arsehole ... but then ppl have no manners

icarium
06-09-03, 02:18
Originally posted by \\Fényx//

[Edit] we had a prime example today, one customer fucked up his XP2800 because he used TOOTHPASTE as fucking coolant on it o_O! he was arguing that toothpaste was more effective than proper gel and that many top overclockers magazines reccomended it. Instant disqualification to his warranty on his motehrboard kit as he's admitted to overclocking, used fucking toothpaste as coolant and also looked like he'd tried putting the heatsink on the wrong way round. Customers are just plain stupind 99% of the time.

you know before reading that i used to occasionally feel guilty about my low opinion of 99.99999% of the earths population. not anymore :D

OpTi
06-09-03, 02:48
when i worked for PCServicecall i did tech support for packard(nackard) bell, HP, compaq and emachines i once had a guy argue with me for 1 hour, then after i decided it best for a team leader to take over (knowing he aint gonna get shit from us), he argued for another 1 hour. This is at national rate btw.

What they guy had done is take his nice shiny new P4 (can't remember what speed) out, as well as everything else in his computer he'd put it all back together and all was going well right up untill he was putting the CPU back in. Well... the CPPU wouldn't go bakc in so he pressed on harder and harder then pressed on harder some more, the motherboard cracked and when he looked at the cpu he'd actualy not even put it in right and bent most of the pins, tried to bend the back and bust a shitload off. No problem he thought, call us and we'll come fix his fuckup. LOL yeah right, the guy was claiming...

ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE!!!

I told him, my team leader told him, even the floor manager came over a told him we CANNONT and WILL NOT replaced the broken parts, i believe he phoned up customer services and they basicaly told him to feck off too :angel:

Judge
06-09-03, 02:48
lmao... toothpaste, thats classic.

I hate talking to anyone that I don't know.... when I applied for work experience I specifically asked NOT to talk to members of the general public. This is for the company's own good btw, I would just fuck up and forget everything that I had been told and not be able to do anything except stare blankly.

I want to be a programmer, just sit in a dark room all day coding. Don't have to talk to anyone :D

VictorKruger
06-09-03, 02:58
Oh god i feel your pain man i had to take a customer support class for college. 1 hour a day, once a week for 3 months. If i didn't already know the teacher, i would have killed her after the first month. Not to mention these idiotic videos that we had to watch. Those movies were worse than watching public service announcements.

After the quarter i felt that i was worse off in dealing with people that before because it just assured me that most people shouldn't even be alowed to use machinery/computers.

\\Fényx//
06-09-03, 02:59
Originally posted by OpTi
when i worked for PCServicecall i did tech support for packard(nackard) bell, HP, compaq and emachines i once had a guy argue with me for 1 hour, then after i decided it best for a team leader to take over (knowing he aint gonna get shit from us), he argued for another 1 hour. This is at national rate btw.

What they guy had done is take his nice shiny new P4 (can't remember what speed) out, as well as everything else in his computer he'd put it all back together and all was going well right up untill he was putting the CPU back in. Well... the CPPU wouldn't go bakc in so he pressed on harder and harder then pressed on harder some more, the motherboard cracked and when he looked at the cpu he'd actualy not even put it in right and bent most of the pins, tried to bend the back and bust a shitload off. No problem he thought, call us and we'll come fix his fuckup. LOL yeah right, the guy was claiming...

ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE!!!

I told him, my team leader told him, even the floor manager came over a told him we CANNONT and WILL NOT replaced the broken parts, i believe he phoned up customer services and they basicaly told him to feck off too :angel:

hehehe thats the best, you know you argue with a customer, they get abusive so you cut them off, they then call TS back AGAIN hoping they will get another person on the phone, and then come back thru to you so round 2 kicks off casue they think your the only guy on the phones, abuse again so warn them then cut them off. then they call customer services to complain, saying I was abusive and cut them off for no reason so CS put them back thru to us to have another round with them ^^. Its great putting fucktards like that down over and over again ^^ :D

StryfeX
06-09-03, 04:14
I work in Customer Support/Tech Support for a corporation and (luckily) our users are fairly decent with computers for the most part. At least I don't get calls about how to turn the "hard drives" on or off... :wtf:

I think most of you will like this.

The true story behind the Internet Help Desk: ;)

Broadband version:
http://www.deadtroll.com/video/helldeskcable.html

56gay version:
http://www.deadtroll.com/video/helldesk56k.html

The videos are in Apple QuickTime format (.mov). You can get the free player here (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/).

--Stryfe