PDA

View Full Version : An idea this game needs

Maarten
05-09-03, 20:18
How often have you heard someone say or said yourself "I'm bugged, need to relog"? Way too often.

And with the next patch, you need to enter your password each time you log in, so relogging becomes even a more pain in the ass...

My idea is simple. Make a small option you can enter in the chat window. Something easy like: /sync. This will synchronize the client with the server so all the inventory/trade/flying bugs are gone.

This will save a lot of people a lot of time and irritation.

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 20:24
whoa... would that work, maarten? I think /sync might be the same as zoning, from what I read of your post. Your idea might have to be reworked differently. I wanna hear from a dev or someone knowledgeable on this subject before I vote. Nice idea, though.

Krll
05-09-03, 20:27
I agree with HeavyPorker that the mentioned idea might not work as intended, but something like that would be very handy, so I voted yes.

-Krll

Maarten
05-09-03, 23:13
If the /sync does a relog using the exact same procedure as a normal relog (using the black synchronizing screen), only without the 10 seconds delay, I don't see why this wouldn't produce the same results...

But I'm not a programmer, so I could be wrong... :)

Krll
05-09-03, 23:26
I see what you mean now... sort of do a complete refresh of your connection to the server as if you'd just logged on, rather than a normal synch which is just moving your info from one sector to the next.

Cool. :)

-Krll

Benjie
05-09-03, 23:29
Originally posted by Krll
I see what you mean now... sort of do a complete refresh of your connection to the server as if you'd just logged on, rather than a normal synch which is just moving your info from one sector to the next.

Cool. :)

-Krll
Yes just recconecting your connection in game would be an amazing feature and make the bugs forgivable!
Oh my god marteen they ahould give you an MC5 chip for that idea or somthing!

cracky
05-09-03, 23:30
or a quicker logout.

*ph33r*
05-09-03, 23:33
Awesome idea, 5 stars :D

mehirc
06-09-03, 04:03
great idea :)

/set nc_relog 1

Spoon
06-09-03, 04:53
This sounds like a good idea....

SilentGravity
06-09-03, 05:11
THANK YOU! I have been getting some sort of bug 3/5 times I log in :mad:

Tycho C
06-09-03, 05:28
omg ive always wanted a way to do this!! weeeee!!

JiNxY
06-09-03, 05:38
http://www.rpiv8.com/images/dib-return-fred-thumbs-up--small.jpg

FREDDY DIBNAAAAHHH HE SAYS BLOODY YES

Birkoff
06-09-03, 07:53
Great idea save a lot of wasted time :)

*thumbs up*

Maarten
07-09-03, 11:42
Seems like everybody wants this to happen, looking at the poll...

Devs? Is it possible?

FBI
07-09-03, 11:58
Originally posted by Benjie
Yes just recconecting your connection in game would be an amazing feature and make the bugs forgivable!
Oh my god marteen they ahould give you an MC5 chip for that idea or somthing!

/sync would be abused much like /set reset_position 1 used to be.
I know this feature is very possible, simple synchronization with
the server... but the would this feature bring exploits?

Pretend your being chased by mobs for example, synchronizing
would make all your recent activites on the server get flushed.

So, i propose a time delay much like reset_position if this is even
to be implimented.

Maarten
07-09-03, 13:30
Ah man! There goes another great idea down the drain because of that stupid POSSIBILITY of an exploit.

Giving it a time limit destroys the purpose entirely because I suggested this so people don't have to wait 10 secs before they log out and then log back in again.

This community is killing itself... :(