PDA

View Full Version : New ideas concerning Warbots

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 20:05
I was just bumming about not being able to play NC, and just reminisciing about playing, when this idea comes out of the blue.

First... about the Warbot Alpha and Betas... Make them rare spawns (hell, they already are :D ) Then assign an Mob Unique to them

The Mob Unique comes in two parts... only the warbot alpha drops the hull, and only the warbot beta drops the tech.

When both parts are acquired, they can be constructed to give "The Warbot Beamer". It fires the trademark warbot rays - the xray-damage shocker. The gun requires 50 STR and 60-70 HC, putting it in range of HC PEs (hey, they were already using other HC weapons, and gunning vecs, so its not farfetched) It would use freezer cannon ammo, of course. Let's say it does the same damage as a ryker laser cannon, just at less range. The rarity and suprise of this weapon should make it valuable.

Second... I say let us have a new warbot mob. I call it the "Warbot Destructor". It would stand about twice as tall as a WARBOT TITAN, and be 120/120 with excellent mob AI! It would be a rare spawn, as well, just say, have the zone spawn one for every 100 warbot titans killed in it. The benefit of this mob would be that those that kill it would get a GUARANTEED 2 techs at least. But beware - the hack difficulty would be hideous - say, about 70% chance of success with 100 hack. Plus at 120/120, the rays it shoots would be lethal even to capped characters, and the rockets it shoots would put a Doom Harbinger to shame.

Anyone like the ideas?

X452
05-09-03, 20:10
ok, so, i hunt warbots ALOT!!! and i do like this idea

but

err

no i cant think of a but :) i like it :P

FBI
05-09-03, 20:17
Can't say i don't like everything said above because I do :cool:

Kugero
05-09-03, 22:43
maybe call it "Warbot Commander" or something. Even have it spawn other mecha ...

REMUS
05-09-03, 23:40
hmmmm if its a pe weapon why not make it int req like 70-80 and h-c 80-95 so spys, monks and tanks cant use it? that would be pretty cool if it did %100 xray dam or somthing, reminds me of delsabers arm off phantasy star online when i used to play it online :D multiple part weapons have been done before like this but its a good idea none the less!

extract
06-09-03, 01:05
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70819

Heavyporker
06-09-03, 01:11
never seen that thread before, and anyways, I think my ideas have been described well enough as to be distinct from it.

\\Fényx//
06-09-03, 01:20
There is a new warbot mob coming with DOY ;)

Heavyporker
06-09-03, 08:14
What kind of warbot mob, fenyx?

\\Fényx//
06-09-03, 10:24
Originally posted by Heavyporker
What kind of warbot mob, fenyx?

meh cant remember the title, im pretty sure it was killerbunneh who mentioned it tho. Goliath warbot or something along those lines and around 110/110 or 120/120.

Omnituens
06-09-03, 10:30
Originally posted by Heavyporker
First... about the Warbot Alpha and Betas...

alpha and betas? what?

and fenyx, i think even THAT sig breaks the rules :D

\\Fényx//
06-09-03, 10:35
Originally posted by Omnituens
and fenyx, i think even THAT sig breaks the rules :D

what the hell kinda rule am I breaking now o_O!

ezza
06-09-03, 10:36
alpha and betas? what?

there are alpha abd beta warbots but spawn only.

i like this idea as well

Omnituens
06-09-03, 10:50
Originally posted by ezza
there are alpha abd beta warbots but spawn only

http://www.ihateaol.co.uk/misc/galleries/show.php/640x640//funnypics/manuel.jpg Please don't post pictures of yourself, use links -

that made LESS sense than before.

you mean GM spawn only?

fenyx, whats the height of that text? i had text like that once and i got told to reduce the size.

this time the contents is fine :lol:

Hippieman
06-09-03, 10:51
Think their GM Spawned. Saw em at some mini event pictures or whatever a few weeks ago.

ezza
06-09-03, 12:57

that made LESS sense than before.

you mean GM spawn only?

fenyx, whats the height of that text? i had text like that once and i got told to reduce the size.

this time the contents is fine :lol:

yes they are GM spawned only, they were at the zerosanity GM event a while back. and there are shots frombeta around that show the alpha and beta warbys