PDA

View Full Version : More Wasteland GRs

Barar
05-09-03, 20:05
With the advent of GR restrictions Id like to see more public GRs

At the moment its really inadequate - MB TG TH erm dont know of any more think there is one ..

Anyway the right hand side of the map ( the predominatly mid to capped lvling areas ) is inadequately covered especially with the dominace of few clans closing off grs to ppl

( talking cycrow in particular )

So perhaps one at racetrack near an asg be nice

and maybe 2 to 3 more be nice so ppl dont just camp the gr waiting to gank ppl - I know it does happen :)

Archeus
05-09-03, 20:10
I'd like to see a couple, but not in every zone.

For example Escador Oasis is a cool place visit now as no one can own it. :) (now if only DOY had an ASG).

But placed in areas that meant on foot ops were 1-2 zones away.

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 20:10
Well, theres educador, crest village, point red, el farid AT LEAST.

I however, would cheer if KK put a public gr at the Desert Racetrack. Oh, and one at an abandoned village near Regant's Legacy - Regants Fortress most likely gets locked far too often and its a LONG way from TH to Regants Legacy... Um, oh, and a public Gr as well around between sieger and hawkins - thats a long and lonely stretch. But thats it.

Progenitor
05-09-03, 20:20
I would love to see one out near F3 (the swamps) It is a terribly boreing run from Regants Fortress or drive from the vehicle depot from TH.

It would be nice to have some free non-OP GRs out around J5/6,
one out at the racetrack and a few others here and there.

There doesn't need to be alot of them, maybe about 5 more??

-p

Duder
05-09-03, 20:22
How about walking? How hard is it to walk 3,4 zones under 5,10 minutes?

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 20:22
No, no, progenitor, not five. I rather see three more, in the places I pointed out. I would LIKE to see vecs used more, as would KK.

Barar
05-09-03, 20:26
Im not saying put in 5 + in fact 5 is too many however enough to make places readily accessable on foot or with asg near it

Desertrack is a must tbh

Avenger Mine

Regant area also

Also put ASG nearby

Progenitor
05-09-03, 20:28
Originally posted by Heavyporker
No, no, progenitor, not five. I rather see three more, in the places I pointed out. I would LIKE to see vecs used more, as would KK.

Well I agree with the general location of the the three you choose. I still think one or two more in good locations would help out.

They do need more Vehicle Depots plus a GR next to each depot.

(I still would like to see a GR out in the swamps though)

-p

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 20:39
Yeah... more depots should be put up... this is a MUST.

Lets say, a vec depot around the Oases, right? By this, I mean put one at El Farid (village, oops) and Educador Oasis ... they're villages, ffs, let them have some vecs!

Ah, yes, and a depot at Crest Village and Calida Village and Point Red Village, BattleDome, perhaps, and dare I say it, Tawkeen Village?

Hey - put one up at that Old Greycore Outpost (abandoned village) as well, it'd be nice.

Putting the depots at villages gives them a real purpose, giving them life besides just the furtive local Yo's Merchants and nomad traders occupying the villages.

GIVE LIFE TO THE WASTELAND VILLAGES!

leethasbro
05-09-03, 20:44
2 or 3 more wouldn't hurt, but with just a little running you can get pretty much anywhere.

Progenitor
05-09-03, 21:22
Originally posted by leethasbro
2 or 3 more wouldn't hurt, but with just a little running you can get pretty much anywhere.

It would be nice if they could put enough free GR's in the wastes so that you didn't have to run more than 3-4 sectors to anyplace.

Then put the vehical depots next to those GR's

-p

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 21:24
Oh good gawds, no, progenitor, then absolutely no one would use vecs. Its good that GRs are more than 6 sectors apart, because that's incentive to use vecs.

Progenitor
05-09-03, 21:31
Oh good gawds, no, progenitor, then absolutely no one would use vecs. Its good that GRs are more than 6 sectors apart, because that's incentive to use vecs.

I can drive all of the current vehicles. (Haven't decided if I just want to lom down to just use the NeXT epic and below or lom some to get access to some of the other vehicles, I'm waiting untill they come out to decide)

It's easier to run most places than to drive to them.

There are too many sectors that driving through is exceptionally difficult.

You have to be very careful driving through the swamps - or else you leave your vehicle for it to respawn.

The mountains are much the same way. It is easy to get into a valley that you can't climb the walls to get out of.

And I hate that pond near Jeriko.

-p

Heraclitus
05-09-03, 21:38
Originally posted by Duder

Very hard considering those DoY bots really have no appreciation for a fresh-air stroller. I think somewhere in the NE region there needs to be a public GR.

SigmaDraconis
05-09-03, 21:39
yea definatly..

the origional deal was..

add moreGR's in non OP zones and impliment the GR rules we have now....KK forgot the former it seems :(

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 21:43
There IS a public gr in the NE... sheesh... go explore.

Duder
05-09-03, 21:44
You mean theres more places then CRP??????????????????????

:eek:

Heraclitus
05-09-03, 21:46

Other than El Farid? Because that's more central east.

Duder
05-09-03, 21:50
Originally posted by Heraclitus
Other than El Farid? Because that's more central east.

.....oh boy.....take Heavyporkers advice, EXPLORE.

There is a public gr at the NE, infact the only places that needs a GR is Racetrack, Battledome, Old Greycore Outpost and the Blackmist Dump.

Heraclitus
05-09-03, 21:53
Hey man take a look at my reg date then calm down. Asking questions is a form of exploring. And no Battledome doesn't need a public GR when MB is fairly close by and technically "public".

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 21:54
LOL, noone wants to gr into a garbage dump! :D

Progenitor
05-09-03, 22:04
LOL, noone wants to gr into a garbage dump! :D

It's just that half of the epics require you to visit it.

-p

Heavyporker
06-09-03, 08:17
So? Progenitor, the point of the epics was to MAKE you explore and find the disused places out in the wastelands or in the outzone or in MB sector Two! THAT"S WHY! OMFG! The thought... oh, I wanna kill someone now, the thought! Some!@#!@#one wants a gr installed at a place just because freaking epics got a NPC there! !@#!@#!@%!@%

/rant off

CR@SH
06-09-03, 12:04
I think the garages are a must to have gr's. And we could use another garage or two put in somewhere(northeast corner). Then i think we could use a couple of well placed gene reps at some of the more scenic buildings. Escador Oasis, Loba Village, El farid, Grabage Dump, Sherman Bay, and Catlock bay. 6 genereps that would cover most of the map

Scikar
06-09-03, 12:59
Originally posted by Heraclitus
Hey man take a look at my reg date then calm down. Asking questions is a form of exploring. And no Battledome doesn't need a public GR when MB is fairly close by and technically "public".

OK then, well Cycrow is only one zone away from TG, and TG is technically a "public" GR so there's no problem.

Why do people insist on whining that they can't level at Cycrow? Even if you could get there, we'd just gank you anyway! There's a million and one other places in the world but instead of hopping on a hoverbike and finding them people just come here to the forum and whine their asses off that an enemy has all the OP GRs they want to use. I swear if only half the people who complain about GRs made an effort to help their faction take Cycrow TG would be in trouble.

Spoon
06-09-03, 15:51
I'd like to see new GR's at:
*Desert RaceTrack
*Regant/Greycore area
*In a zone between Chester and Emmerson, around I_05
*I_16, where the new ASG is, there's a concrete bunker in the cliffline wall there, where it could go...

I would list more places, but I think we'll be lucky to get 2 or 3 new GR's.....

I bet KK is having problems coding new GR's, and that's why we haven't seen any new ones....

What were the last 3 GR's that were added to the game?

Heavyporker
06-09-03, 15:57
Crash, you have never gotten out around in the wastelands, have you? half the place you listed that you wanted grs at DO HAVE GRS!

and Spoon... go look at the area north east of I16... I think you'd be suprised at what facilities you find there.

IceStorm
06-09-03, 17:48
Without stealth? A royal pain in the ass. I feel sorry for anyone trying to get around without stealth or the 70/70 agility/athletics that caps runspeed.

Not every character has 70 Athletics and 70 Agility. I've got 48 Athletics and whatever agility advanced bone enforcements give me. That's it. I have enough VHC to drive a Hovertec, but I'm beginning to wish I put it into Agility as vehicle code still sucks for regular usage. Get stuck in water, kiss your vehicle goodbye. FRE at a zone border, good bye. Hell, the vehicles DISAPPEAR out from under you and that's it - good bye for a day. I'd like to say I have two Hovertecs to account for this, but when the first one ditches in water and the second disappears...

KK took Neocron from 40 open GR points on the map (excluding cities) to FOUR. I'd like to see installation of at least five new wasteland public GR points scattered about the map as to make them useful to the general public.

VetteroX
06-09-03, 18:00
I still think this GR change is bullshit. Some chars, ex, pes and spies who care about being good fighters CANT USE VEHICLES! You need every single freaking dex point in agil and weapon. Also, Its hard for people like monks who have a hard time raising dex, for example, my freind whos making a ppu monk has to run like 7 or 8 damn zones so we can hunt in chaos caves (he cant gr to tg, would be killed) a few times hes synched out or something after going 6 zones and bam, chaser mows him down. Oh boy! what fun. Now I can wait for him again. GRs back, runs 5 zones, he gets ganked by an apu and tank. Whoopie! Now he doesnt wnna try to come a 3rd time, I cant blame him, so I cant level.

There should be at least, at very least 5 more GR's added to the wastelands in non op spots. In addition, an ASG in ever other zone... might as well have an asg in the same zone as every op.

Heavyporker
06-09-03, 21:56
Well, thats the point of specialization, vetterox... if youre a PURE FIGHTER and you want a vec, hire a driver. Period.

mystery8
07-09-03, 04:55
Definitely need more. Not a bunch more, but whats available to the Public is too little.

Dug this little bit up:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=685176#post685176

Note the last thing on Ulrich Haar's list:
- more vehicle garages/generep stations

Since then there has been 2 Garages added - one in I16, and one just outside the main city gates and the Jeriko garage was disabled. So really we only got one more garage. I don't know of any GenReps added. At the time they were going to add one to the Racetrack (after the renovation) and to Battledome (also after renovation), but neither happened :(.