PDA

View Full Version : Trim the number of GRs in Neocron City?

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 19:03
I wanna quote Sanctus here, because I was floored by the idea...

And for the subway? Remove all but 2 or 3 genreps from the entire city. Make us use the subway

NOW... that idea sounds excellent to me. Finally, people would look to the subway for TRUE intracity transit. NExT would be propelled ever further into prominence.

An earlier idea of mine to make the subway cabs charge a 50 to 150 NC transit fee for each head that enters a cab makes even more sense with this change.

I can hardly think of anything wrong with this idea. I mean, look, the GR by Tangent headquarters make no sense to me, plus the GR in Plaza Three has no copbot protection at all, and the GR in Pepper Park One has "PKers come camp this" written all over it. The Plaza Two market GR seems redundant with Plaza Two Center GR and the subway in mere steps away. Plaza One already has a subway access right there.

I say keep the PepperPark 3 GR, the Plaza Two Center GR, and The Plaza Four Market GR. That trims off a great deal of GRs, and makes people think a little more about the subway, I think.

Opinions, anyone? Please vote, post, and rate.

Archeus
05-09-03, 19:09
So someone gets killed in the wastelands and is broke and doesn't have the money to GR or take the subway?

erm... no.

By the way I already use the subway.

It is faster then running to some zones and less painful and cheaper then GR'ing to OZ station to get my craft.

Mumblyfish
05-09-03, 19:10
It'd also get people out of Plaza 1. FINALLY!

Shadow Dancer
05-09-03, 19:11
no

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 19:13
archeus... your post made no sense.

So someone gets killed in the wastelands and is broke and doesn't have the money to GR or take the subway

wtf? he gets one free gr... he could take the nearest one, or go to his apt and come down.

and never, never, have I seen any player so impoverished as to not be able to afford a 50-150nc ride!

edit - and use the poll to vote, not just a post, please.

Archeus
05-09-03, 19:19
Originally posted by Heavyporker
wtf? he gets one free gr... he could take the nearest one, or go to his apt and come down.

GR locked, end up in your apartment. Then they have to work thier way back.

and never, never, have I seen any player so impoverished as to not be able to afford a 50-150nc ride!

Newbies certainly would be. I have been down to below 1000nc at high level, so certainly newbies could be that bad. Especially if they recover thier backpack.

edit - and use the poll to vote, not just a post, please.

I did.

Mighty Max
05-09-03, 19:24
It'd also get people out of Plaza 1. FINALLY!

Whats the bad on ppl in Plaza1?

Its _the_ marketplace, and i think a community, even post apocalyptic(sp?) needs a marketplace of some kind. (forums are nice, but you need to meet somewhere)

Mumblyfish
05-09-03, 19:24
GR Locked? Did you even read the title? We're talking about NEOCRON CITY. You know, the place that isn't an OP? All GRs are open. Only time when a NC GR would be locked to a certain runner is if he's DoY-allied. Which means you shouldn't be IN Neocron, anyway.

Spoon
05-09-03, 19:27
I say no..

NEXT has already monoplized the transportation systems and have become to powerful within the City gates.

And I bet that the evil Venture Warp was a NEXT creation, charge people 2000nc to warp them to their death and then charge them to reclaim their Back pack from the GR, what a racket.....

:p

Archeus
05-09-03, 19:29
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
GR Locked? Did you even read the title? We're talking about NEOCRON CITY. You know, the place that isn't an OP? All GRs are open. Only time when a NC GR would be locked to a certain runner is if he's DoY-allied. Which means you shouldn't be IN Neocron, anyway.

I am out in wastelands whacking stuff.

I die.

I try to GR to Op.

I get thrown back to apartment in neocron.

Now the GR is locked so I have to work my way to OZ to get a craft to drive to the area I was hunting to pick up my belt (assuming I don't bother because I'm broke from BP recovery or it was a warzone).

Krll
05-09-03, 19:43
There are some places that have two genreps in the same zone (sometimes right next to each other). I'd see nothing wrong with limiting to 1 genrep at most per sector, and maybe thinning them down a bit further (one in every other zone).

-Krll

Ren
05-09-03, 19:47
so on ur gr list u get "GR LOCKED" and "GR UNLOCKED"

solves that, remove the GR's..................

makes the world bigger, u "vets" are lazy, if the gr's were never in u wouldnt be complaining.

Deke_Warson
05-09-03, 19:48
Who here actualy pays creds and edures SI to rep around NC City?!?

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 19:53
Well, okay, what if NExT lowered the possible subway cab fee to, say, 25nc? That sounds eminently reasonable to me.

It's not a racket, I assure you.

Besides, people can go down into the subway terminals for free, they just gotta pay when they "use" a cab, via a payment system implemented by the Mysterius Maze owners and Pussy Club peepshow operators.

Cass
05-09-03, 20:00
I don't see that trimming the subway would be anything more than just another timesink, so no. However think of this: Once DoY is in place, and TG's etc can't go into the city because of Copbots, there will still be a few places they can GR in total safety, like outside TT HQ, the one inside Plaza 3, etc. That needs to be looked at.

Progenitor
05-09-03, 20:01
As it is now, I make a decision on wether or not I can(or want to) wait for the SI to wear off verses just riding the subway. Still not sure if it is any faster,

I would have to admit, that there are a few GRs in places that don't make a lot of sense.

The 2 GRs out in the OZ (not counting the one in the crahn abby), the one out in the industria zone.

I'd almost go as far as saying keep all apartment GRs and remove all the inner city ones all together.

Put one GR on each of the subway platforms.

You don't need more than that. Still doesn't mean that I wouldn't want a few more here and there, in logical places that would make running from a subway station seem like crossing the wastes on foot.

-p

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 20:21
Oh man, Cass... lookit the title - I quote thee:

I don't see that trimming the subway would be anything more than just another timesink, so no. However think of this: Once DoY is in place, and TG's etc can't go into the city because of Copbots, there will still be a few places they can GR in total safety, like outside TT HQ, the one inside Plaza 3, etc. That needs to be looked at.

I said trim the GRs in the City.

Whoa, Pro, I say keep the Outzone Grs.. Its almost impossible to navigate the Outzone - those grs in there help a lot in getting us closer to where we THINK we need to go in outzone.

And please, reread what I said in my inital post. I planned out which one to leave in and which one to take out.

Subway exit in Via Rosso 3 covers Via3 and 2, GR in Plaza Four covers Via1 and 2, Subway exit in Plaza One covers that zone and Plaza Three, GR in Plaza Two covers that zone and Plaza Three, Subway exit in Pepper Park One AND Two covers them, GR in Pepper Park Three covers that zone and INDA One. And GR in Outzone Station pipes into the subway and has Stormbots covering the city gates, so that's something (imo two more Storms should be put right by that GR). And Outzone GRs cover their ends.

I think that covers it all nicely.

Duder
05-09-03, 20:58
Yes, make It have one 1 GR in one City District.

1 In Plaza (Center Probably)
1 In Via Rosso
1 In Pepper Park
1 In Industrial Zone
1 In Outzones....ish

The Outzones is a very hostile area, i dont think anyone would want to go to the Oz, just to maintain a GR.

Think about it, GRs are messing with your genes, yet they are in such hostile enviroments such as the Wastelands, Outzones, etc etc, youd be sure they would cause problems and cause nice mutilations.

However, KK would have to make Subways a bit more complex, and a few more Stations, And maybe a bigger Hovercabs...

Progenitor
05-09-03, 20:58
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Oh man, Cass... lookit the title - I quote thee:

I said trim the GRs in the City.

Whoa, Pro, I say keep the Outzone Grs.. Its almost impossible to navigate the Outzone - those grs in there help a lot in getting us closer to where we THINK we need to go in outzone.

And please, reread what I said in my inital post. I planned out which one to leave in and which one to take out.

Subway exit in Via Rosso 3 covers Via3 and 2, GR in Plaza Four covers Via1 and 2, Subway exit in Plaza One covers that zone and Plaza Three, GR in Plaza Two covers that zone and Plaza Three, Subway exit in Pepper Park One AND Two covers them, GR in Pepper Park Three covers that zone and INDA One. And GR in Outzone Station pipes into the subway and has Stormbots covering the city gates, so that's something (imo two more Storms should be put right by that GR). And Outzone GRs cover their ends.

I think that covers it all nicely.

I could see putting more STORM bots out in OZ station, just to protect the entrance to the city. For that matter, there should be some outside of the OZ9 entrance as well - I never understood why they didn't protect that entrance, especially concidering there is a secret entrance into the crahn abby. There should probably be some outside of OZ8 as well, but there isn't a lot to protect out there.

It's not impossible to navigate the OZ, it is confusing at first, but except for OZ8, I can get pretty much anywhere through there. But if you put a GR outside of the entrance to OZ8 from the wastes, that would give good access to the outzone.

The two GRs in OZ2 really aren't needed. You can easily get to OZ2 from the OZ subway station, it is an easy jog. It might make better sense to move one of them to OZ4 as that is more central to the OZ.

I'd remove both PP GR's as it is easy to get to the subway from either of those sections.

Accept for the epics, I had no real reason to go to anyplace in ViaRosso. Plus those snobs in VR don't want us trash getting easy access to their plush living environment and bringing down the property values. Well maybe a GR in the NPCD.

Same really goes for Plaza. Except for plaza 1, I don't really have any reason to visit any of the rest of plaza, and it is easy to get to plaza 1 from the subway.

With GRs in the subway, it isn't that much of a jog into anyplace that is really important.

-p

VetteroX
05-09-03, 21:01
no, the subway is a time sink, i wanna gr around. and pkers need the jones center GR so they can get red SL and run in sewers to do missions.

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 21:13
I'm sorry, but the GR in Crahn HQ gotta stay, even if two Crahn Inquistor guards have to be stationed by it. Outzone is so unremittingly dangerous. Crahn Sect owned the city once, they'd almost certainly put a GR in their HQ!

Now, I'm willing to give up the Streetworks GR.

Yes, Stormbots should be put up outside the A07 entrance. The A09 entrance, is secret or something, I think... hmm.

Yes, Two more Stormbots should be put up by the Outzone Station GR.

Yeah, I suppose so, lose the PP3 GR. No, I like the idea of a GR by that cafe in Plaza Center, and it's kinda fair, because people might want to gr into Plaza Two... the nearest public GR outside of Plaza 2 would be Plaza Four, a fair run... so lets leave them in.

Look, Plaza Four needs that GR - its a market zone, plus it has to be an accesspoint between the subway station in Via Rosso Three to Plaza One.

Yeah, Via Rosso shouldn't have GRs... the occupants don't like the sight of people getting put back together inside out when they're shopping.

Well, VetteroX... PKers shouldn't get easy access to the city, because they have to pay for their crimes.

Progenitor
05-09-03, 21:20
Originally posted by VetteroX
no, the subway is a time sink, i wanna gr around. and pkers need the jones center GR so they can get red SL and run in sewers to do missions.

That is a good point. But then again they should be able to run from their apt to someplace.

On a side note - what will happen to negative SL runners in DoY??

-p

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 22:13
Good gawd! Don't encourage the Pkers!

Neocron is a city with people. People don' like getting killed, which is why they hire cops. Cops are supposed to cover access points, and watch out for criminals.

Trimming Grs means it gets harder for murderers to get around, which means the lawabiders get to stay safe.

If pkers want to pk, they can leave the city or go to DoY.

DoY won't have copbots.

mystery8
05-09-03, 22:14
Personally, I think its fine the way it is. I don't know of anyone who uses GenReps to move around the city except in cases where they must get somewhere immediately.

We don't need more time and money sinks. Got enough of those already. I wouldn't mind losing the second GR in zones that have more than one (like Plaza 1, 2 & 3). Well, Plaza 1 & 3 GRs are named the same I think. The Via Rosso 2 GenRep definitely must stay.

KidWithStick
05-09-03, 22:26
i noticed you mentioned to take out the PP GR...

dont you think that would be a bad thing to do when DoY comes out? think about it...its suppose to be the bad streets "red light district" of neocron, where all the criminals and bad people hang around, now how would the "bad guys" like TG and anti city factions get to PP without the GR..yea theres other ways...but i mean without having to go through 15 other zones.

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 22:35
thats the point, kid, the anticity factions GOTTA WORK TO GET INTO THE CITY!

Heavyporker
06-09-03, 15:54
Allright... let's ask this question as well - how difficult should it be for anti-city members to get into the city? Should they be able to gr into Pepper Park, or should the Pepper Park GRs get removed as well along with the other extraneous City GRs. Or should they have to work their way in through dangerous paths every time they want to get into the city?

Realize that there would be the INDA 2 GR and the Outzone Station GRs left to cater to the region, considering that one is fairly far away from the main throughfares of the city and that the other is somewhat under guard and removed enough from the other GRs that it serves a useful function to the city.