PDA

View Full Version : Planetside Demo ?

Legoias
05-09-03, 18:24
Well I took a trip to my local Game to see if I could get a copy of Planetside. I find the box and take it to the counter to be told by a spotty 16 year old that Planetside isn't covered by the 10-day money back guarantee (when i bought NC i was told it was returnable).

So anyway I dont want to spend £34.99 on something I have never tried. Does anyone know if is there a online/offline demo availible at all?

Richard Adregen
05-09-03, 18:26
There isn't afaik, but I don't advise buying it... if you want a good FPS use Unreal Tournament or something else that doesn't have a monthly fee. That will be 30 bucks for the advice ;)

RA.

hinch
05-09-03, 18:29
there is a 7 day free trial download

i tried it in 4 days got to br 20
i`d done eveything in game tried everything in game was bored so deleted it didnt even finish the 7 day trial

Marx
05-09-03, 18:30
The only fun bit is being a spy(infiltrator suit) with a blade with melee booster.

Its fun being an anti-social bastard, but its not worth the monthly fee imho.

Get battlefeild 1942 and the desert combat mod :D

Legoias
05-09-03, 18:33
Originally posted by Marx
The only plus is being a spy with a blade with melee booster.

Its fun being an anti-social bastard, but its not worth the monthly fee imho.

Get battlefeild 1942 and the desert combat mod :D

Had bf1942 almost since release, very good game. I just wanted something like bf but I think a single enviorment rather than maps would be fun.

Legoias
05-09-03, 18:34
Originally posted by hinch

i`d done eveything in game tried everything in game was bored so deleted it didnt even finish the 7 day trial

got a link? i cant seem to find anything.

Marx
05-09-03, 18:36
You'll die alot, figure once every 5 minutes. Every time you die you have to respawn at another point. If you die within 10 minutes of spawning, you get 5 seconds tacked on to your respawn time.

So after awhile you'll have like a 2 minute waiting period between spawns. (they might've changed this - they were talking about it before I left *shrugs)

Don't get me wrong, Planetside can be fun, and if you're willing to spend money on it; go for it.

I just don't like the idea of paying monthly for a shooter

:D

got a link? i cant seem to find anything.

go to fileplanet.com and check out the demos section.

hinch
05-09-03, 18:38
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/127374.shtml

appears the 7day free trial is now closed :(

Legoias
05-09-03, 18:40
Guess im looking for something new...nc is good and can be real fun but a lot of stuff (like some players) are really sucking the fun out of the game it really seems I cant do anything without someone else bitching at me...

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 18:50
Legoias, if people bitch at you, just mute them for a bit.

Seems certain people like bearding the lion in others.

BlackPrince
05-09-03, 18:59
Originally posted by hinch

Got a link to your stats, otherwise I'm gonna be waving the Bullshit flag on you man.

Xian
05-09-03, 19:01
I think hinch is the kind of person who could do that to be honest.. and I don't think he'd lie, either.

BlackPrince
05-09-03, 19:38
I wont say its impossible to do, but it is very improbable that he did it.

Barar
05-09-03, 20:36
People have slagged this game off loads to be honest and on whole id have to agree with them .. Its a nice idea and really looked forward to it but not much fun tbh

Def not worth 35 quid .. Buy Robin Hobb Assassins Appencice book much better and only 4.99 :)

Legoias
05-09-03, 20:49
Originally posted by Barar
Buy Robin Hobb Assassins Appencice book much better and only 4.99 :)

A book!!!111oneoneone

Yeh i might just do that, im sure my ass would benift from sitting else where :p

J a y
05-09-03, 21:17
planetside is ok. its fun for about 2 months then it just gets old (played beta). its not really worth what they want for it. needs ALOT more stuff to it.