PDA

View Full Version : Strange deal about faction guards.

enablerbr
05-09-03, 16:39
i'm curious as to how come players seem quite able to gun down faction guards. yet the same faction guards can take down mobs outside TG & MB without dieing once. surely we've all seen the MB guards take down Titan WB's within seconds with those POS gatlin's or TG guards takedown Doomreapers with those fusion weapons.

yet die more or less instantly from a player. what gives?

Archeus
05-09-03, 16:58
monster = stupid

player = not.

Plus NPC's vs Monsters would be all server side, so damage would register better I guess, where as lag may save a player.

But most players can't survive sustained firepower from a group of faction guards.

Spoon
05-09-03, 18:31
Originally posted by enablerbr

yet die more or less instantly from a player. what gives?

It seems there's a big differance in their AI and weapons, TG and MB guards(70/70 or 80/80?) barely tickle me, and don't seem as aggressive as some of the higher ranked guards.
But, the BD guards(90/90) can put a serious whoopin on me, if I'm not careful and they are pretty aggressive.
Those Laser rifles them have do some serious damage compared to the Fusion and Gatlin weapons.

The City faction guards seem like they are somewhere in the middle, I've run straight into the TT and BT HQ's to kill the directors and never had a shot fired at me, it was a cakewalk...
But doing the DRE epic you have to run through the BD secret HQ to the Main Sewers, and I was getting shot at the whole time by the BD guards.
I've never had much of a problem killing TG guards 1v1, but the BD guards(and probably TS guards) are hard to solo, I have to back off and heal alot...

Oh, and the FA guards there.....well...ahhhh......nevermind...it's pointless to say, they need real guards in FA.....:p

Pill
05-09-03, 22:45
lol, i've seen ppu setups, can take a storm until they stop firing. only taking like 12 dmg a burst, is crazy.

Heraclitus
05-09-03, 23:10
When I used to play TG I regularly witnessed the guards in the first tower outside the gate get killed by the fire mobs there.

enablerbr
05-09-03, 23:49
well i saw the most toughest of CM guards today. he took on 2 WBs, 1 Titan, mad copbot and 2 substantly guards at the same time. he survived with only a 1/3 helth left. not seen 1 player take on all that at the same time and live. :D

SigmaDraconis
05-09-03, 23:51
Or it could be that we r0x....