PDA

View Full Version : OP wars / KOS different things ?

[TgR]KILLER
05-09-03, 16:19
what u think.. imo if some clan goes have some fun and have a "fair" OP war.. no ninja hacking or something.. i think its lame if the clan that gets attacked is put on KOS allover the map because a OP war.. what u think of it ?

are OP wars and KOS 2 different things or is it the same ?

i know some clans who dit put entire factions on KOS because of an OP war ( won't name names )

So lemme hear your thoughts.. no flaming or namecalling pls..

QuantumDelta
05-09-03, 16:20
Agreed, two different things.
It's a shame some people can't appreciate the difference.

enablerbr
05-09-03, 16:23
i find it funny clans can kill runners. yet if runners kill back their put on KOS list. the funny part is there's no difference being on or off a KOS list. you'll still get ganked either way.

QuantumDelta
05-09-03, 16:30
Depends on your enemies, don't it..... :P

hinch
05-09-03, 16:31
im getting my ass onto everyones kos list atm so \o/\o/\o/

LTA
05-09-03, 16:40
War is War it would be nice if War just meant fights in op zones not kos on every zone but i doubt thats gonna happen

Spy<VS>Spy
05-09-03, 16:48
We at legion belive, you can never have enough targets to shoot at. that being the case, when you consent to PvP you get to know who you are, where you are, where you go and when your going to be there.

this is what is known as selective Pking, or ganking. contrary to popular belife 'ganking' is an elected art form to PKing. involving the utter destruction of your oppenent in the space of 12 seconds with minimal damage taken apon yourself or your party leaving a baffled and confused enemy still trying to figure out what the fuck that actually was or did lag just kill them?

a good gank can take as many as 3 hours to prepare, stalking your target for the desired moment of humilation.

As you can guess....we arnt very good at clan politics.

superfresh
05-09-03, 16:54
I normally think of KoS as the result of doing something underhanded.

OP wars on the other hand are just a step away from Neofrag...

Archeus
05-09-03, 16:55
Originally posted by enablerbr
i find it funny clans can kill runners...

No the funnier one is the clans that gank faction enemies (who you are part of), then when you tell them to get lost when they want a trades person they are "If you do not do a trade with me I can get you put KOS with our clan" :rolleyes:

Lecko
05-09-03, 17:16
Originally posted by Spy<VS>Spy
a good gank can take as many as 3 hours to prepare, stalking your target for the desired moment of humilation.

...but then just before you do it, they log and you realise you've just WASTED 3 HOURS OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!1111oneone.

Just whack them already and have done with it. If you're gonna PK someone, they should notice you after 3 hours - unless they're totally stupid.

OP wars are fun, they should not warrant a KOS. I talk to people who I killed the previous day. I don't take it personally if they kill me at an OP.

csh1
05-09-03, 17:17
i jsut charge in and die.....

:D

Judge
05-09-03, 17:44
I personally think that they are two different things...

OP wars are for enemies who respect each other

KoS list is for people who have done something wrong to your clan, such as PKing a newbie character.

I wouldn't put someone on a KoS list if they were a faction enemy and killed a runner in my clan of the same level. As it would be a fair fight and we lost. Oh well its no biggie.

shend
05-09-03, 17:48
i've made it my policy only to pvp in op wars and when being attacked.
the whole KOS thing however sucks the big one.
killing someone just because he's in this or that clan is a wee bit narrowminded
nuf said

hinch
05-09-03, 17:52
on pluto ive addopted the rule of i dont shoot at people unless they shoot at me first.

mainly becuase i have friends in every major clan in every major faction

Cryton
05-09-03, 17:59
KOS and OP fight is two very different things for me.

I could even battle against my very best friends in an OP fight.

KOS for someone done a very lame thing or general being a prick

/Cryton

Omnituens
05-09-03, 18:01
yes, should be 2 different things.

I tend to stay out of PvP unless someone asks for help, and OP fights. I will also defend myself if attacked.

Just because I helped a clan out at an OP fight doesnt mean i go around attacking the opposing clan AFTER the OP fight.

[TgR]KILLER
05-09-03, 18:19
Originally posted by Omnituens
yes, should be 2 different things.

I tend to stay out of PvP unless someone asks for help, and OP fights. I will also defend myself if attacked.

Just because I helped a clan out at an OP fight doesnt mean i go around attacking the opposing clan AFTER the OP fight.

no but loads of clans will do that.. i remember 1 time one of our members helped a faction clan on his own @ an OP war.. and 2 days later i got KOSed by the ppl they fought at that OP war.. because 1 of us helped fight against them at an OP war we were on KOS.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: o_O 8| :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
05-09-03, 18:37
2 different things.

Marx
05-09-03, 18:39
Originally posted by Judge
OP wars are for enemies who respect each other

KoS list is for people who have done something wrong to your clan, such as PKing a newbie character.

Exactly!

Still most people view 'em as the same thing

:(

Omnituens
05-09-03, 18:44
it tends to be the sore losers that do this.

\\Fényx//
05-09-03, 19:12
Originally posted by hinch
im getting my ass onto everyones kos list atm so \o/\o/\o/

and your dragging my fucking arse into the list with you o_O

ok so i get ganked at crp, I ask wtf for, they say its because you killed their turrets o_O!

thats why your not getting me spare filterheart :p

Skinman
05-09-03, 19:16
I'd agree it should be two seperate issues... for example, we had a few good OP fights with Dark when they where still FA, but we had no problem with them 10 mins after a war when we met them walking around MB...

on the other hand, we reserved KoS for the n00b killers that raided the MB bunker every 20 mins...

With us, it's actually quite hard to get on our KoS unless your really really trying... ;p

hinch
05-09-03, 19:17
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
and your dragging my fucking arse into the list with you o_O

ok so i get ganked at crp, I ask wtf for, they say its because you killed their turrets o_O!

thats why your not getting me spare filterheart :p

thats just the thing

i never touched their turrets it was nine that did :) not me

he killed them then repped away i`d just repped in when they turned up and they assumed it was me :)

funny as fuck but its true i never fired a single shot at their turrets :) which is why i now shoot any FF i see

\\Fényx//
05-09-03, 19:20
thats just the thing

i never touched their turrets it was nine that did :) not me

he killed them then repped away i`d just repped in when they turned up and they assumed it was me :)

funny as fuck but its true i never fired a single shot at their turrets :) which is why i now shoot any FF i see

well eric's another reason why FF KOS me aswell. then again I suppose the fact that im tangent and in NDA that FF kill me :D :D :lol: :D :D

wewt, EAT THAT FROSTI THE MOD! 2500 posts :cool: :p

hinch
05-09-03, 19:22
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
then again I suppose the fact that im tangent and in NDA that FF kill me

strange that init really suppose it dont help me either :p

Shadow Dancer
05-09-03, 19:32
At the same time I don't think it's fair for some clans to "hide" behind op wars only. Knowing they'll ALWAYS have good numbers, ppus, apus, etc..... but are afraid to fight out in the wastes.

I love killing members from arrogant clans out in the wastes or some place alone.

hinch
05-09-03, 19:35
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
At the same time I don't think it's fair for some clans to "hide" behind op wars only. Knowing they'll ALWAYS have good numbers, ppus, apus, etc..... but are afraid to fight out in the wastes.

I love killing members from arrogant clans out in the wastes or some place alone.

you going to start killing me now then since im NDA :confused:

Shadow Dancer
05-09-03, 19:46
you going to start killing me now then since im NDA :confused:

Well NDA has always been KOS KOS KOS. :p

hinch
05-09-03, 19:49
Well NDA has always been KOS KOS KOS. :p

kill teh norteh jawa ps we`re neofragging tonight cos i wanna test my CS on you against the types of damage my gat cannon does

Shadow Dancer
05-09-03, 19:50
Ok, but my resists suck. :p

hinch
05-09-03, 19:51
Ok, but my resists suck. :p

so do mine im a tank :)

Spy<VS>Spy
05-09-03, 20:18
mine arnt bad, but people are right, there is a little 'trick' or glitch with em...no magic number as people think, but there are certain multibles that just fair better then others...fig me if i know, you would think if a tank sacrifices speed and some body health he can get near 100 resist in everything capped and be pretty hard to kill...just doesnt seem to work that way for some bizzare reason...

its one of those things where like...KK should investigate...but then when they do, the people are completely incompedent about it and do 3 worthless tests that shows nothing.

Whiety Bulger
05-09-03, 21:30
Red=Dead

Lucky Sparks
05-09-03, 21:59
heres the diffenence ...

kill a player in any rival clan the single killer becomes KoS

kill a bunch of players at an op .. whole clan becomes KoS

then 5 min later someone in that clan (either the single killer or clan in op wars) is at aggies killing our level 25 guys saying you noobs shouldnt have pked .. haha .. happened at least 7 or 8 different times and just happened yesterday again .. thanks RS Savage the level 20 appreciated it =) glad we killed you 5 min before at CRP.

by the way keep in mind we were pking level 50 and 60 + on there own turf fighting tg guards at the same time ..not level 25 new peeps in the aggies. Thats good fun .. and as fair as pking opposite faction gets.

moral of the story .. there all assholes kill em all before thet turn around and kill you anyway. Also dont ever hand any opposite faction clan or runner something to repair, cst, or research they will take it and laugh at you 90% of the time and keep yer goods...... thats why we dont even poke warring clans. Its a harsh world .. just watch yer back.

my 2 cents .. now heres what you can do with it ...:D