PDA

View Full Version : ** BRAINPORT ** Droner's armor

Al3X
05-09-03, 12:01
how about:
dex and remote control based armor, with negative effects too resists, and/or constitution. and a bonus too dex/int/remote control/willpower.
(mayB not just a vest but also helm/legs/boots)
probly you dont have any resist left in the end. but droners arent meant for close combat anywayz imo.

SigmaDraconis
05-09-03, 12:02
erm nah..me thinks droners seem to have enough toys as it is..this isnt doing much anyway o.0

FirestarXL
05-09-03, 12:03
One version of Spy PA will give you that, Callash already posted the proposed starts.

GurTjaN
05-09-03, 13:40
i agree with these new imps droners have a big advantage of skill i think there must be droners around now with mayB 180 or 200 remote control the new imps really gives them the boost they need

nah armor like that would make em too uber

It would bring unbalance ( in the force :D )

Al3X
05-09-03, 14:08
it would make them uber cause you can even kill them with a baseball bat since their resist are gone O_o also drones do that much damage....

\\Fényx//
05-09-03, 14:15
ok guys, what the fuck O_o droners having too many toy's already and that their overpowerd because of them and all this shit ?!? jesus christ guys you lot ever played a droner ?!? They can NOT cap a freaking PN and have NO HOPE IN HELL of capping a punisher, they also go down in 2 bursts to ANY weapon rofl and they can do jack shit to PSI's. Hell even holy para rapes a PN drone o_O

I agree with this Idea to be honest. jesus if Droners had all the toys and all the best weapons and capped them etc then wouldnt you see ALOT more than the 4 droners per freaking server ? o_O

Jesterthegreat
05-09-03, 14:30
how about PISTOL SPY PA

sorry callash ^.^

but seriously? make a poll or something? droners need no more armour... pistol spies REALLY do

NC Junkie

Jesterthegreat
05-09-03, 14:32
Originally posted by GurTjaN

to the force :p

Al3X
05-09-03, 14:44
@yester plz stick to the point, this topic aint about pistol spy's...

i dont see the problem, spy's already die real soon and with even less resist anyone can kill them (which is fair imo since your a DRONER and not a close combatmachine).
and we should get a chance to cap the punisher imo O_o

Jesterthegreat
05-09-03, 14:47
sorry...thought it was about the new armour (spy PA) and your comparing them to
close combatmachine which in spy terms is a pistol spy :p

spy PA comes in droner form... you will get droner armour

Al3X
05-09-03, 14:56
@yester pistol spy's still arent combatmachines even though they got pa, if you wanna fight close combat go make a tank, if you wanna level your tradeskiller use pistols ;)
dont get me wrong i like pistols, but for close combat with pistols i prefer the pe.. at least he has enough str too wear armor and they have decent constitution.

back to the topic
i wasnt talking about pa, but about regular armor.. a droner doesnt need battle armor anywayz since their body isnt supposed to get hit, only their drone...
so thats why i suggest droner helm/vest/leg/boots, the bonus doesnt have to be big, just a little would do already so you get overall +15 or something like that (with helm/vest/legs/boots togheter)

Jesterthegreat
05-09-03, 15:15
Originally posted by Al3X
@yester pistol spy's still arent combatmachines even though they got pa, if you wanna fight close combat go make a tank, if you wanna level your tradeskiller use pistols ;)
dont get me wrong i like pistols, but for close combat with pistols i prefer the pe.. at least he has enough str too wear armor and they have decent constitution.

back to the topic
i wasnt talking about pa, but about regular armor.. a droner doesnt need battle armor anywayz since their body isnt supposed to get hit, only their drone...
so thats why i suggest droner helm/vest/leg/boots, the bonus doesnt have to be big, just a little would do already so you get overall +15 or something like that (with helm/vest/legs/boots togheter)

er... i am a combat machine... me and another pistol spy owned a ** blue PA, CS tank

my tradeskiller has NO weapon, i have a fully capped ** tank

anyhting else? :D

BTW i would rather have a set of +PC armour too... we all would

deal with it ^.^

Al3X
05-09-03, 15:47
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
er... i am a combat machine... me and another pistol spy owned a ** blue PA, CS tank

im not saying pistol spy's are useless, but in general rifle spy's are more powerful. too play a pistol spy you need to have more experience with pvp & use the right tactics...

but stick to the topic plz, or start a new threat "boost for pistol spy's" ;)

Ehyuko
05-09-03, 17:13
The coming kamikaze chips [see test server patch 212] are the same idea, go read about them there or in this thread http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74184 Who knows what comprimise they've decided on with the spy PA, first it was RC and RCL, then it was weapon lore and TC due to pistol spies complaining, now it's off in that area of grey called to be announced due to the fact that the bonus on it will not be as effective asthe bonus on other PA's [8 points of HC for a tank = 40 point bonus, 8 points of TC for a spy ~ 24 point bonus - how many spies have less then 75 or over 100 TC without imps?].

Yes some droners do have 180+ remote control and 160+ willpower, pre patch I had 175 or and 140 or so, made a big difference, didn't it :rolleyes:. Although before that patch droners had 1 set of imps [mind control chips], so while it's nice to have some variety that I can actually pick from, it never solved the original problem of using a weapon that has a quality cap of 79% that cannot be modded [or increased in quality] in any way.

gizmojack
05-09-03, 18:06
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
ok guys, what the fuck O_o droners having too many toy's already and that their overpowerd because of them and all this shit ?!? jesus christ guys you lot ever played a droner ?!? They can NOT cap a freaking PN and have NO HOPE IN HELL of capping a punisher, they also go down in 2 bursts to ANY weapon rofl and they can do jack shit to PSI's. Hell even holy para rapes a PN drone o_O

I agree with this Idea to be honest. jesus if Droners had all the toys and all the best weapons and capped them etc then wouldnt you see ALOT more than the 4 droners per freaking server ? o_O

Hes got a point yanno :D
But i dun want to increase the damage. Cause you must understand we have uber range. PN damage IS pretty decent. What I really want is a high TL drone that is not energy based . What I need is a high TL force/piercing damage drone to atk PPUs.

As for droner armour, we need one with a giant siren that goes "DANGER WILSON DANGER!" whenever an enemy gets close.

Now THAT would be cool :cool:

craio
05-09-03, 18:25
Sarcasme:

Yeah,droners now have there stats above 180 and now the do incredible damage....

I got 185 WPW and 182 RCl and have 130% damage on a PN talking about incredible damage...

Omnituens
05-09-03, 19:08
what i dont get is why DRONERS need ARMOUR full stop

please enlighten me.

[was going to add something about pistol spy PA, decided to stay on topic]

Heraclitus
05-09-03, 21:35
My RCL is at around 160 now and I'm no where near capped. I don't think we need armor that boosts or protects. Face it, even if you somehow had the highest level tank PA and you didn't hide your body well or weren't watching over it well enough in PvP, you'd be dead meat anyway if you were found. This is especially true if you were using one of the heavier drones.

I agree that what droners need is a viable high-TL non-tech drone, like a GR-3 or what have you. We need no further implants or boosts IMO.

Ehyuko
05-09-03, 22:18
A droner when found can live or die, but it heavily depends on who's attacking you, your armour and your resist setup.

I perfer to have armour but I think droners in general at least deserve the option to wear armour or not, the reason I like wearing armour is the same reason I played with my resist setup for so long. That's to increase my chances of survival when found when I'm droning.

An armoured droner can resist a few hits in combat [say 2-6 CS bursts] but an unarmoured droner without a good resist setup will die in 2-3 bursts, since the only way we know someone is near our body is through blood splatters [seems bugged now], the 'armour damaged' message, or a fire/poison stack showing up, if you can't survive at least 2 hits you will not likely see the message, if you can take 3-4 hits you might have enough time to drop the drone and stealth away. At the very least a good armour/resist setup will give you a few more seconds to fire at the enemy before your body dies.

So basicly the reason why droners want armour is the same reason every other class wants armour: to improve their chances of survival.

Heraclitus
05-09-03, 22:30
80 points in T-C taken away from RCL is too hefty for me. I'm also not sure my reflexes are quick enough to do all that and survive. Utimately, I'd rather sacrifice the face-to-face PvP for the ability to pre-plan my attacks and devastate a confused foe. In the end you should be as aware as possible of your body's situation in any PvP conflict. This obviously without giving your body's position away with your drone. It's a thinking man's game.

EDIT: I should mention that I'm not wholly opposed to drone armor (looks like it's already in the works), I just think it will be of limited use.

Jolt
05-09-03, 22:32
Originally posted by Ehyuko
...since the only way we know someone is near our body is through blood splatters [seems bugged now]

I think this is based on distance; after a certain distance from your body the blood splaters dont show.

As for the armour part...it wouldnt make much different for me really, having no armour is like not having stealth sorta so you could stick all dex/int in remote/willpower capping a BP'd PN easily.

Thou i think every class should have armour like this so they can choose between better resists or dmg.

craio
05-09-03, 23:09
Originally posted by Jolt
I think this is based on distance; after a certain distance from your body the blood splaters dont show.

As for the armour part...it wouldnt make much different for me really, having no armour is like not having stealth sorta so you could stick all dex/int in remote/willpower capping a BP'd PN easily.

Thou i think every class should have armour like this so they can choose between better resists or dmg.

How much RCL/WPW do you think you need to cap a bp'd PN?

Jolt
05-09-03, 23:33
~220RCL/200-210WPW

craio
06-09-03, 00:22
If ya put all points in RCL/WPW you can get 164 RCL and 175 WPW.
Using following imps :
mindcontrol 3
exp.mindcontrol 3
mindcontrol 2
riggers interface
best dex backbone
(i dont consider dream easily obtainable)
which gives a total of : +51 RCL and +30 WPW and +21 dex

that makes a maximum of 215 RCL and 205 WPW with 121 dex

So you call being capped and have a dex not high enough to use Punisher being able to 'easily cap' a PN?

Jolt
06-09-03, 01:01
I suppose 'easily' wasent the right word, but not much harder to fully cap then a disruptor for a rifle spy or a tank caping a cs.

Capping it doesnt really mean that much anyways its just a few more points of dmg and a few more meters of range.

I think they should fix/change other things dealing with drones before adding anything more that adds +RCL/WPW.

Ehyuko
06-09-03, 02:02
Heh, for the difference in damage it makes compared to the things it lets me survive stealth wins hands down. No matter how hard you think, how carefully you position yourself, chances are eventually you'll be found, be it by a stealther or a buddy of the guy you just pked while out hunting mobs or players, even when zoning into a group of DoY bots or grims or whatever, I'm thankful for the armour I DO have as well as stealth.

As long as it's not filling up the rares pool with junk, more options can only improve any game. As long as these options are well balanced, these options will diversify player setups and make playing more entertaining. Case in point: stealth droners and non-stealth droners.

Al3X
09-09-03, 09:44
well to cap the pn you should either have:
1) more points into wpl and rcl
2) construction cap released for high level drones
3) slots on drones

bounty
09-09-03, 09:53
i have 200 in both rcl and wpw

I agree with you but slots on drones is a really bad idea. I go through too many for that to be a viable option,and they take a long time to research and construct.

Al3X
09-09-03, 10:25
yeah and mobs eat drones for breakfast :/
so removing the construction cap would be a better idea imo....

bounty
09-09-03, 10:29
drones in chaos caves is almost laughable as it is now :/
drones really need some damage variety. A drone that could switch ammo on the fly would pwn. :D

Al3X
09-09-03, 10:32
Originally posted by GurTjaN
i agree with these new imps droners have a big advantage of skill i think there must be droners around now with mayB 180 or 200 remote control the new imps really gives them the boost they need

nah armor like that would make em too uber

guess you havent played a droner before and never tried to cap a pn....
and did you see that stats on the pn? lowest quality rare even though its the highest tl you'll find

and dont say droners are overpowered, even a ppu monk can destroy drones easily with holy paralysis..

Jesterthegreat
09-09-03, 11:00
Originally posted by Ehyuko
I perfer to have armour but I think droners in general at least deserve the option to wear armour or not, the reason I like wearing armour is the same reason I played with my resist setup for so long.

THIS kinda stuff annoys me... you have the same armour as all other soies, and thats not good enough for you lol

yeah you deserve armour... i am a pistol spy in battle armour 2 and heavy boots... i deserve PA, but its not happenin it seems!

back on topic, as i said all spies get same, deal with it tbh, we in the front lines have to

Ehyuko
09-09-03, 15:40
.... Jester I was refering to the spy PA, not an armour specificly for droners. One of the reasons spy PA is taking so long to implement is because they want 2 suits to do the work of 3 and are unsure of how to proceed [pc, rc and rcl].

To be even MORE clear, I said droners should have the option of being able to wear armour, not that they should have an entire line of armour made for them. The one point I am sticking to is that if spy PA comes out with any bonus to it, it should be useful to droners as well as pistol or rifle using spies in terms of bonuses.

Jesterthegreat
09-09-03, 15:59
they have said rife PA and drone PA... now its drone and tech (not drones main stats tough)

and droners have the right to PA but kk seems to think that pistol dont?

now they are thinking of a 'wep lore' version... cos pistolers need that!!!111oneoneone

lol

gizmojack
09-09-03, 19:43
If droners get armour dun give it any armour bonuses.
BUT wearing the armour gives the droner the same ability as the stealth 2 tool.

Cause i luv stealth and think every point I put in TC is worth its weight in gold. But I got it ONLY for stealth. Droners are by far the class that needs stealth the MOST. Alternatively, gimme some drones that use TC so I feel more satisfied spending all those points in TC.

Cass
09-09-03, 20:17
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
erm nah..me thinks droners seem to have enough toys as it is..this isnt doing much anyway o.0

Obviously someone who's never played a droner.

What toys?

You mean the fact that we never ever level STR, and our implants hit a negative to STR also, so a lot of ** droners you see are wearing level 1 battle armor because that's all they can use?

Fun toy.

bounty
09-09-03, 21:48
so many toys that we only have one rare that is really viable for us to use. Yeah TONS of toys!

Al3X
10-09-03, 08:43
Originally posted by gizmojack
If droners get armour dun give it any armour bonuses.
BUT wearing the armour gives the droner the same ability as the stealth 2 tool.

Cause i luv stealth and think every point I put in TC is worth its weight in gold. But I got it ONLY for stealth. Droners are by far the class that needs stealth the MOST. Alternatively, gimme some drones that use TC so I feel more satisfied spending all those points in TC.

thats an alternative that i like... cause you need every damn point you have in rcl to get a little damage you dont have any spare points left for t-c. so most droners can forget about the stealth, though we need it the hardest (since we barely have str/const which doesnt lvl anywayz.)