PDA

View Full Version : Enough Already (Lag....)

QuantumDelta
05-09-03, 01:32
Server wide complaints of lags today on Uranus...

Every minute or two, my team mate or I would be saying "Err, can't cast, can't change weapon, err... gimme a min, you're all invisible."

Why, does uranus keep going from ping 20, to ping 2000+?

UGH! This is not a GAME Problem, at least it doesn't feel like bad netcode, so what the hell is the matter? KK?

Edit:
Yea, sounds a little harsh, lil whiney, but, when you're in chaos caves and minions keep appearing behind you because you lagged out, or they were invisible when you passed them....it's annoying.

God help anyone op waring today

BlackDove
05-09-03, 01:34
This isn't just tonight either. Every day, at about this time, this shit goes down. And I don't remember it being here before. So what changed?

{MD}GeistDamnit
05-09-03, 01:35
QD plays on uranus? :p

Omnituens
05-09-03, 01:36
Originally posted by BlackDove
So what changed?

its all the new players, the server sees all the 0/2 and goes ONOZ

*fizzle*

BlackDove
05-09-03, 01:36
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit
QD plays on uranus? :p

Let's try keep this one on topic, I'd really like to know.

DonnyJepp
05-09-03, 01:38
Originally posted by QuantumDelta

I get this on Saturn all the time 8|

BlackDove
05-09-03, 01:40
The point is - do the people around you get it? I've got the whole clan chat going "FUCK, LAG, LAAAAAAAAAG" - into oblivion.

{MD}GeistDamnit
05-09-03, 01:40
I get lag allways, and it is on topic. qd started the thread, and I never see him :D

BlackDove
05-09-03, 01:41
There are PM's for that and special programs. Back to topic please.

KidWithStick
05-09-03, 01:44
its on all the servers right now.

QuantumDelta
05-09-03, 01:44
sigh..

Hippieman
05-09-03, 01:45
Wonder whats really wrong with Uranus. Other servers dont seem to have this problem. And if they do have a lag spike or two, its usually only for 30 seconds MAX.

BlackDove
05-09-03, 01:47
It's usually fine during the day, maybe a spike or two sometime, but at THIS time it goes in the timeframes inbetween of maybe two to three minutes. It really gets on mine/everyone's nerves.

QuantumDelta
05-09-03, 01:47
Uranus seems to be tied to the login server in some way that the others aren't, errrr at least that's what I've got from the guys who do the announcement, it's probably not right, but it feels like uranus is both, uranus-game server, and general-login server...

I dunno... but the lag is insane..

kurai
05-09-03, 03:10
Uranus seems to be tied to the login server in some way that the others aren't, errrr at least that's what I've got from the guys who do the announcement, it's probably not right, but it feels like uranus is both, uranus-game server, and general-login server...

I dunno... but the lag is insane.. Yep - Uranus worldserver runs on the 62.140.29.54 box (same as login server).

Keiron
05-09-03, 03:16
KK, did you forget to feed the hamster that runs Uranus’s power supply again?

Psyco Groupie
05-09-03, 03:39
do your homework keiron!!

... t3h l4g r ub3r :(

BlackDove
05-09-03, 03:43
I don't know about you people but I'd like some official explanation. The package doesn't say "may experience 2000ms ping every 3 minutes, while you're trying to cap your monk in a week".

Helen Angilley
05-09-03, 03:45
I don't know about you people but I'd like some official explanation. The package doesn't say "may experience 2000ms ping every 3 minutes, while you're trying to cap your monk in a week".

Nor does it say "completely free of technical problems and things that people will blame on KK if given half a chance". :p

Hell, there are some people here who, most likely, would blame the collapse of the Soviet Union on KK. o_O

QuantumDelta
05-09-03, 03:58
Originally posted by kurai
Yep - Uranus worldserver runs on the 62.140.29.54 box (same as login server).
....thinks to himself.....
................................... Do I even have to say it?

kurai
05-09-03, 04:01
....thinks to himself.....
................................... Do I even have to say it? Think about a fair proportion of your audience, and the tendencies of some to veer off at bizarre tangents and flame something/someone utterly irrelevant ...

In other words ... yes ... you probably *do* have to say it ;)

SirSensi
05-09-03, 04:33
Im with QD on this one... I would like some official word about this issue. Thanks :D

{MD}GeistDamnit
05-09-03, 08:40
There are PM's for that and special programs. Back to topic please.

what? are u a moderator? no? mind ya neck!

anyway, I just finished for today, and had 8 crashes, 3 in a row :/ and 4 sync forever's, and on top of that many lag spikes, and a ping of about 300 most of the time.

mostly in chaos caves, but some in neofrag and some everywhere.

logged to pluto, had little problems for an hour.

fix your anus kk it's too wide :D

JustIn_Case
05-09-03, 09:28
Saturn has been uber laggy last 2 weeks, but i guess it still is DoS attacks and Blaster that are causing some disturbance.

Really fun to play a PPU when it is laggy (NOT).
First of all you cant change spells. When you finally manage to change spell and you cast it, nothing happens except that your manapool gets drained. After recasting Shelter 5 times (if you not are dead already) you might mange to get it up and running, but then you have no manapool left for the other 4 spells you need to recast....

FPS lagg is one thing (OP Fights and such) but Ping lagg is a real PPU killer, better then Anti buff + Speedgun.

BlackDove
05-09-03, 12:03
You think that's bad? APU needs to defeat an enemy. So fun when you get to have this:

CAST
------
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
NO MANA!
DEATH!

"I need a frickin rezz over here!"

SigmaDraconis
05-09-03, 12:05
Its not just Uranus...Pluto has been very evul towards most of my clannies (and most others aswell im assuming :P ) the last few days...

ezza
05-09-03, 15:29
You think that's bad? APU needs to defeat an enemy. So fun when you get to have this:

CAST
------
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!
NO MANA!
DEATH!

"I need a frickin rezz over here!"

except the PPU cant rezz cos his spells fizzling

Saturn has had the same problem, well the other night anyway, was ok last night

JustIn_Case
05-09-03, 15:54
Not ok last night...i had lag spikes up to 2500 in ping...

Doesnt matter if you are APU or PPU, monks are terrible when it is
lagging. But PPU is worse since it takes so long time to Execute some spells, if you get to high ping during execution of a spell it will frizzle.

So spells like Group Shelter and Catharis is true hell when it is laggy, my heal usually works ok.

QuantumDelta
05-09-03, 16:06
Same crap today.....

Kugero
05-09-03, 16:30
anybody that's having problems run a tracert from their location?

currently I'm showing (EST):
Roundtrip time to 62.140.29.54, average = 119ms, min = 110ms, max = 320ms -- 05-Sep-03 10:09:33 AM

Not bad since it involves a transatlantic hop or two.

But this is from the office so I can't jump online to see if the lag is still ingame. I was having minor lag problems on Saturn last night but only in the aggie cellar it seemed. Everywhere else was fine ...

JustIn_Case
05-09-03, 16:43
Atm i get max 50 ms with 16 jumps, thats really good, but i dont get lagg now either. The lag starts later on the evening (European time).

I'll make a tracert later.

QuantumDelta
05-09-03, 16:46
Tracert's prove nothing with this problem.

Since it's intermittant, your "snap shot" view of the server = not enough.

Get a Ping Tracker program if you want to even try to address it from out-side game experience :p

Kugero
05-09-03, 17:57
Get a Ping Tracker program if you want to even try to address it from out-side game experience

sorry I was unclear. I was using Traceroute Pro, my average was over a quick 30 minutes of continuous pings with 5 second intervals.

I'll fire it up and let it run for a couple of hours and we'll see what I end up with ...

{MD}GeistDamnit
05-09-03, 19:18
the lag right now is insane, and of course it's friday. so we won't be getting a fix till monday. I am not gonna even bother leveling cause I smell a rollback. :(

I reached 2300 ping today :/

Shakari
05-09-03, 20:27
Server wide complaints of lags today on Uranus...

Every minute or two, my team mate or I would be saying "Err, can't cast, can't change weapon, err... gimme a min, you're all invisible."

UGH! This is not a GAME Problem, at least it doesn't feel like bad netcode, so what the hell is the matter? KK?

Edit:
Yea, sounds a little harsh, lil whiney, but, when you're in chaos caves and minions keep appearing behind you because you lagged out, or they were invisible when you passed them....it's annoying.

God help anyone op waring today

sounds like saturn ona good nite :)

yeah lag has been horrible latley :(

QuantumDelta
05-09-03, 20:29
Originally posted by Kugero
sorry I was unclear. I was using Traceroute Pro, my average was over a quick 30 minutes of continuous pings with 5 second intervals.

I'll fire it up and let it run for a couple of hours and we'll see what I end up with ...
Fair enough.

What was the peaks though?

Kugero
05-09-03, 22:21
What was the peaks though?

had a couple hit close to 800 ms, 3-4 over a 1000 but they weren't sustained. Average for the afternoon (EST) was 327ms.

from what I can tell there were no real long lag times other than the occassional peaks.

granted this represents a very short 'snap shot' of the total KK uptime but next time I start experiencing lengthy lag in Saturn I'll try and get a trace up and running and we'll see what turns up.

My office runs a 256kb frame relay connection. Last mile provider is Bellsouth. I do pick up Level 3 within 10 hops or so. Office is located in USA on East Coast.

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 01:48
Been at it, all day, again today.

I've actually been casting and then leaving the spell in the air just so that it would catch, it starts casting five seconds after I press the button, then the heal kicks in on the target.

My PPU Cannot Operate like this.
My PE Cannot Operate like this.
My Tank can only operate like this for a short period of time.

Still waiting on some word of some sort.......

I used to / normally, get about 30MS Ping from Uranus....
Today it's "typically" been 200ish, with peaks in 2000s, one peak at 10000 (Well, ok, 9500).

This is not just myself, either, my whole clan, everyone on team speak, and everyone in caving teams, as well as people on global channels have been complaining at "huge game stopping lags" at the time I have had them as well.

BlackDove
07-09-03, 01:49
The twenty second spikes were so fantastic. This isn't lag anymore - this is "downtime". Happy anniversary. Go buy some new servers already.

CRAIG DIGGERS
07-09-03, 02:08

My PPU Cannot Operate like this.
My PE Cannot Operate like this.
My Tank can only operate like this for a short period of time.

You forget the spy :eek:

My drone shoot shoot shoot waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit shoot shoot

bleh :p

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 02:09
My Spy is non-combat these days.... I might LoM him to drones.. :p

BlackDove
07-09-03, 02:11
You're not loming iasius. He's my rare bitch.

So can we get any official word on this - like WHEN WILL IT STOP?

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 02:13
The Devs are off for the weekend, only hope is Odin will reply.

Meh, if this keeps up ...well, Neocron isn't even a game if it acts like it was acting today...

Iasius has spare Weapon Lore (100 WEP) And a lot of free DEX If I say "fux0r teh driving" :P

BlackDove
07-09-03, 02:15
I'm quite sure Odin has better work to do other than entertain our asses for the lag - but seriously, this has got to stop. It's turning into Ragnarok at the end of beta.

CRAIG DIGGERS
07-09-03, 02:21
My Spy is non-combat these days.... I might LoM him to drones.. :p

kool lom and join our droners :p

We using PN and Punisher now ;-|

Still a long way until cap o_O