PDA

View Full Version : Heres a thought about poison stacking

Jakobe~Ezthrel
05-09-03, 00:55
Its not a whole lot of fun when you get stuck in a sync loop, it finishes and your screen is loaded with fucking poison damage. There is no fucking way in hell to save vs 15 poison stacks.

How bout you cap it at, I dunno 3 or, fuck 5 would be nice. Its not that hard.

Helen Angilley
05-09-03, 01:01
How's that different from shoving a Cursed Soul in someone's face, and pulling the trigger, while they're still stuck in Sync?

Shadow Dancer
05-09-03, 01:02
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
How's that different from shoving a Cursed Soul in someone's face, and pulling the trigger, while they're still stuck in Sync?

I stacked him in poison in pp1, that's why he's mad.

And you're right, it's no different than stacking "bullets" into someone's skull.

I would be fine with a poison stack limit if poison damage was faster or had it's damage upped to match it pre-nerf.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
05-09-03, 02:51
You don't even need to change the damage to it.

You guys have enough of an assortment of spells to use a poison psi as a viable weapon.
You cast it quick enough as it is so you can fill up the stack then switch to something else.

But yeah the sync bug is still bullshit. I'm glad it hasn't been fixed since fucking beta.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
05-09-03, 02:53
But then again no matter what the problem is cheese will always be found.

Drake6k
05-09-03, 02:54
I have 30 poison resist and take more from poison beam than cursed soul or holy lightening.... :rolleyes:

leethasbro
05-09-03, 02:58
Originally posted by Jakobe~Ezthrel
But then again no matter what the problem is cheese will always be found.

Never underestimate the power of cheese.

Shadow Dancer
05-09-03, 03:00
Originally posted by Drake6k
I have 30 poison resist and take more from poison beam than cursed soul or holy lightening.... :rolleyes:

Then you must have 397423874823047237402374020347023847082347802034702347023704720347023482374027304720423 energy resist.

Btw, with 30 energy resist HL will do godly damage. With 30 force/piercing reisst pain easer will do godly damage.

etc..

Jakobe try to be rational, you want to nerf a spell because of synch problems? THat makes no sense.

KidWithStick
05-09-03, 03:36
nerf this nerf that

nerf the blacksun

nerf the apus

nerf the ppu's because i cant kill them

nerf the pistols because the wyatt earp kills me to easy

nerf the cs's because they do to much damage

nerf the spys because they can put so many points into a skill and get shit slots...so might as well take slots away and just say nerf it.

nerf the baseball bats because for how much they cost they do wayyy to much damage, you better tone it down some...

oh BTW...did i mention im rank 2/16?

.......:rolleyes:

SigmaDraconis
05-09-03, 04:11
The problem here is what?

The synching..not the stacking heh :P

Keiron
05-09-03, 04:31
I have an idea! Lets nerf everyone so much that when we see a Small Rat we have to run at it with a group of 15 other people to kill it [/sarcasm]. Seriously, take a breath and count slowly to 10 before you post something as pointless as this.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
05-09-03, 17:59
No I am not saying nerf everything.

I am saying some kind of common sense should be used.

I can't exactly pop 15 antidotes.

And If there is no way to balance out a spell or be able to counter the effects of it. What are you suspose to do? Just run from every monk I see when I am not in a safe zone?

Oh yeah I already have to do that...

hinch
05-09-03, 18:03
mike stacked up like 15 toxic beams on me and i survived admitidly i was on like 4 hp afterwards

failing that keep some anti poision on you?

=Chojin=
05-09-03, 18:04
Originally posted by hinch

i find it takes to long :(

Ch0

Duder
05-09-03, 18:07
What if they unerfed the poison, but make the antidotes more useful?

In Almost every game antidotes work fast...ok i lied, except Neocron.

Here, taking an antidote is like drinking a cup of coffee....slowly...

Archeus
05-09-03, 18:11
Originally posted by hinch
mike stacked up like 15 toxic beams on me and i survived admitidly i was on like 4 hp afterwards

Exactly! Even though I have the spells I also carry drugs as well.

Btw, poison stacked in PP1 never never run to the safe zone. Antidote doesn't work there.

Lucjan
05-09-03, 18:25
Originally posted by Duder
What if they unerfed the poison, but make the antidotes more useful?

In Almost every game antidotes work fast...ok i lied, except Neocron.

Here, taking an antidote is like drinking a cup of coffee....slowly...

That is the point. How long does it take till the antidote works? 10 seconds? This is just odd.

Shadow Dancer
05-09-03, 18:36

And If there is no way to balance out a spell or be able to counter the effects of it. What are you suspose to do? Just run from every monk I see when I am not in a safe zone?

um dude, 15 of any spell would have killed you. So what are you complaining about? PSI shields eats up poison. Also concentrated antidote takes away about 8 stacks. Not to mention some poison resist would help. God forbid you have to spec some poison to fight a monk. :rolleyes:

Cerebus
05-09-03, 19:01

OK, here's what you do:

Spec for poison resist
Wear a poison belt
Wear Viper King armour
Carry anti venom drugs

Then get owned by energy or fire.

Basically you can only go for a good balance and hope for the best, so please stop complaining about it.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
06-09-03, 03:32
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
um dude, 15 of any spell would have killed you. So what are you complaining about? PSI shields eats up poison. Also concentrated antidote takes away about 8 stacks. Not to mention some poison resist would help. God forbid you have to spec some poison to fight a monk. :rolleyes:

Spec for poison? [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]It wouldn't matter what fucking resists I have for poison that much damage will still eat away at your health so quick your 4k cred a piece antidote potions won't make a fucking difference.

Well your right, I guess I could switch to a poison resist belt, drink a poison resist potion, take a couple of antidotes, in the middle of a fight and then run away from the shelter'd reflected monk with little to no harm. Oh yeah that is totally possible. hah!

I have 508 hp if that helps make sense out of poison damage. I went from 508 to 0 in 4 seconds.

Shadow Dancer
06-09-03, 03:36
I went from 508 to 0 in 4 seconds.

That's a blatant lie. And you didn't get 15 stacks either. If you want people to take your arguements seriously you're gonna have to stop "twisting the truth".

Btw I have 0 poison resist and 289 HP and i've killed pure apus before.

Spec for poison? [ edited ] It wouldn't matter what fucking resists I have for poison that much damage will still eat away at your health so quick your 4k cred a piece antidote potions won't make a fucking difference.

You could stealth as soon as the apu uses poison. Then take a drug, and resume fighting. He'll die if he keeps using poison. Secondly resists do count, 30 resist to anything is low.

run away from the shelter'd reflected monk with little to no harm.

:confused:

If you're talkng about team battle, then it would be even easier to survive IMO.

Sleawer
06-09-03, 03:39
I saw 12evil, a tank, in Saturn taking 15 poison stacks from Smokeyj, a pure apu, and he outhealing it with his single heal and probably medkits... as far as I know he didnt use anti-poison drugs, and I dont have any reason to not believe his word.

What this tells to you Jakobe? hax?

Poison is heavily underpowered compared with ANY other kind of damage, and still... the game, has a wide variety of counter measures avaible for everyone. From the simples click-to-eat drug when you see the first poison stack, to the amazing effectiveness of anti-poison spells and sanctums.

Dont bitch more about poison please, it is now out of any reason.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
06-09-03, 03:53
I'm not twisting shit. By the time I finished syncing my rpos was filled with poison and I was already at 387 hp. I had time to run to the zone and die. Even dropping all 3 medkits in my inv one after another.

"Btw I have 0 poison resist and 289 HP and i've killed pure apus before."

Fuck I give up its pointless to even argue about this because your a fucking monk and you know your shits out of wack.

At least the liberator was the only form of lameness we could use to counter some of this bullshit. Now we don't even have that.
Fuck at least give us a buff dispel or something.

Sleawer

Your comparing me to a tank. I won't even respond to that.

Spoon
06-09-03, 04:18
Originally posted by =Chojin=
i find it takes to long :([referring to antidote]

Ch0

I agree, the the Antidote for Poisen takes twice as long to tick down as the anti-shock drug, why is that?

Rizzy
06-09-03, 04:20
Why are you asking for a poison nerf? He probably could have killed you in 2/3 of the time if he use energy on you, should taht be nerfed?!?!

Jakobe~Ezthrel
06-09-03, 04:27
Originally posted by Rizzy
Why are you asking for a poison nerf? He probably could have killed you in 2/3 of the time if he use energy on you, should taht be nerfed?!?!

Yes it should goddammit.

Now shut the fuck up unless you have something important to say or you have a valid argument why not to nerf poison.

And why the fuck would you care? Oh thats right you have a monk also.

How about you give me the ability to mod my liberator with poison rounds. You could even add a limit to it, say like 4 stacks at a time. Like it does with single shot weapons. And then make the mod only avalable to weapons that use piercing as a base.

Shadow Dancer
06-09-03, 04:29
^^ Exactly rizz.

Originally posted by Spoon
I agree, the the Antidote for Poisen takes twice as long to tick down as the anti-shock drug, why is that?

Because poison would be useless if the antidote was too fast.

Completely NULLIFYING one of our damage types is lame. Fire is already underpowered and crap.

I'm not twisting shit. By the time I finished syncing my rpos was filled with poison and I was already at 387 hp. I had time to run to the zone and die. Even dropping all 3 medkits in my inv one after another.

You died because you synched. It would have happened even faster had I been using HL, or if it was a tank using CS.

Fuck I give up its pointless to even argue about this because your a fucking monk and you know your shits out of wack.

It is out of whack, it's underpowered.

Btw, due to me using XP controller 3 and PA liberator kills me superhumanly fast. If you had damage boosted me(easy to do if you come out of stealth) and then used lib I would have had to run or die.

But I don't bitch about liberator or piercing being overpowered, because i know my force/pierce is low.

How about you give me the ability to mod my liberator with poison rounds.

Sure, give me force and x-ray mods for my spells.

Rizzy
06-09-03, 04:35
Yes it should goddammit.

Now shut the fuck up unless you have something important to say or you have a valid argument why not to nerf poison.

How about you give me the ability to mod my liberator with poison rounds. You could even add a limit to it, say like 4 stacks at a time. Like it does with single shot weapons. And then make the mod only avalable to weapons that use piercing as a base.

My monk is pure ppu FYI. Poison really isnt as good as holy lightning if you have a decent con setup. The thing you should be whining about is long synchs.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
06-09-03, 04:38
Damn shadow you got me.

I think I am going to go reroll to a monk so I can be a point and click cockknocker. That should be fun, and it should require a lot of skill too I am sure of it.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
06-09-03, 04:40
Your right, long syncs is still the problem.

But that will never be fixed.

I mean it isn't to hard to set the server to drop you in the zone ONCE the client has sync'd with the server? Not before its done??

Shadow Dancer
06-09-03, 04:40
Damn shadow you got me.

I think I am going to go reroll to a monk so I can be a point and click cockknocker. That should be fun, and it should require a lot of skill too I am sure of it.

click cockknocker? lol

How are apus cockknockers? An apu with PA will go down fast to a liberator with force mod.

Birkoff
06-09-03, 08:03
I think there is only 2 courses of action for you..

Role a ppu and keep every buff on urself at every time (screw other, u might die)

Role a droner spy..... ull die what ever hits u so u cant complain about a single thing :)

kthxbye :D

hose187
06-09-03, 11:08
You make my brain hurt.

"Spec for poison? [ edited ] "-We should all be asking you that.

*Picks up Libby and shoots Shadow, gets very low damage. "What? Spec for P-C? [ edited ]"

Lord Mansion
06-09-03, 11:57
Poison isn't underpowered.

Ascension
06-09-03, 12:23
Maybe Before complaining try playin with a con setup a lil?:rolleyes:

Lethys
06-09-03, 12:56
1. concentrated antidotes cost about 700cr each for me, and I have 0 barter, so I don't know where you're getting "4k a piece" from. o_O

2. I assume you're a PE. Why do you have 500+ HP? No wonder your resists are crap :rolleyes:

IMO the following should be done:

1. Boost poison.
2. Remove drugflash from resist potions.
3. Reduce the time taken for antidote drugs to work.
4. Give all classes a viable poison attack. (Viable meaning better than a nailgun :p )

Q`alooaith
06-09-03, 13:03
Sure, give me force and x-ray mods for my spells.

Points here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74154)

We do get some force bassed attacks at lower levels, but it all drops away since the damage is nothing, unless you see a PPU with shelter and not delfector, but thats pretty rare..

Sleawer
06-09-03, 16:45
- People without energy resists cannot deal with energy beams.
- People without poison resists can deal with toxic beams using their heals, and still have avaible antidote drugs and spells.

So poison IS underpowered.

kthx.

and btw, give my apu monk pierce and x-ray attacks, and then we will talk about poison in other classes.

Q`alooaith
06-09-03, 20:49
Originally posted by Sleawer
- People without energy resists cannot deal with energy beams.
- People without poison resists can deal with toxic beams using their heals, and still have avaible antidote drugs and spells.

So poison IS underpowered.

kthx.

and btw, give my apu monk pierce and x-ray attacks, and then we will talk about poison in other classes.

Though APU's can get low level force damage, I don't think we need a Xray or Perice, but we do need higher level force damage..

Nexxy
06-09-03, 21:10
Poison isnt overpowered, people just dont know when to run. Cos of the DoT people stay till theyre stacked up high see their health going down quickly then run when its too late, its decieving shit. Quicker antidotes would make people use poison less, i think its good atleast one class is getting different attack options...

Shadow Dancer
06-09-03, 21:33
Originally posted by Nexxy
Poison isnt overpowered, people just dont know when to run. Cos of the DoT people stay till theyre stacked up high see their health going down quickly then run when its too late, its decieving shit.

omfg, EXACTLY!

FINALLY someone who isn't "fooled" by the deception.

Q`alooaith
06-09-03, 21:43
Posion is a slow killer...

In PvP most APU's don't think that posion will do any good and stay away from it.. But it's funny to stack a guy a few times, when he sees the stack just runs, which makes killing easyer..

Though once you've got 15+ posions on somone, only a PPU can help them..

lullysing
06-09-03, 22:12
"kthx" is not a fucking explanation for anything. It's like little kids saying you can't play with them, and when you ask why, they say "just because".

I for one am fucking pissed at all those poison monkeys. It just pisses me that those punkasses can still be hitting you when they have no LoS , that the drugs are ridiculous, and that pvp and PVM poison stacks are really really different especially when it comes to damage.

lordofkhaoz
06-09-03, 22:22
im pretty sure the basis of this thread is directed not just towards poison , but at the dam synch bugs which we all know and love. heres why people get frustrated with poison,, there is only one class that does viable poison damage.. which are APU monks.. now its seems to me that its a lil on the unreasonable side to really put points in CON into Poison resist due to this reason.. now if every class had a decent poison attack then.. it would make more sence to waste time on this factor. which is poison resist

heres wat i think about wat classes get wat
Tank : either a rare flamer or a rare grenade ( hell maybe not even rare , a TL 80 + version of either would suffice ) or even posion cloud mods for Rocket launchers.. kinda like the barrel affects.. they explode and leave a cloud of poison for a certain amount of time.. that doesnt directly "attach" itself to runners.. but whomever is in the cloud takes damage like they had it stacked upon them
PE : make the dam wyatt earpp do good damage.. or make poison mods for more pistols
Spy : make a acid bomb drone.. which lobs globs of poisonous acid.. like the slime worm cave thingies and make rifles like the pain easer modable with poison

ya this is just another reason why tanks needs a better grenade launcher.. if it dont have a nade launcher then its not FPS;)

StryfeX
06-09-03, 23:08
My main gripe with poison is that it effectively takes you out of the fight almost instantly. That is, unless you wanna be choosing a GR in 30 seconds.

I usually cut out as soon as I have 5 stacks unless I know I have no chance of getting away. And 5 stacks comes pretty damn fast. Which is why I don't like poison the way it is. If I had my prefence, I'd lower the DoT damage, but up the initial damage, and also possibly adjust the timer for the poison stacks.

Antipoison drugs suck. They take so long to work you're usually dead right before they kick in. Make 'em work faster and it'll make life better.

--Stryfe

Shadow Dancer
06-09-03, 23:36
5 HL can be more devastating than 5 poison stacks.

So i'm not sure why you make a "special" complaint towards poison.

Secondly, to the person who said that it's unfair that only apus get poison, why can't we get a special attack of our own? How often do you see apus using fire? It's because fire is underpowered. So we basically have one method of attack, energy. And other classes can have energy. force. x-ray. fire. piercing.

Sleawer
06-09-03, 23:39
@Q'alooaith, the force damage of psi 2 is pathetic, it cannot be compared to any high lvl attack. Monks dont have pierce and x-ray attacks, if other classes get effective poison attacks, then monks deserve x-ray and pierce.

Originally posted by Iullysing

"kthx" is not a fucking explanation for anything. It's like little kids saying you can't play with them, and when you ask why, they say "just because".

"kthx" is not the fucking explanation, go and read my post again, the explanation is perfectly listed above it.

kthx :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Iullysing

I for one am fucking pissed at all those poison monkeys. It just pisses me that those punkasses can still be hitting you when they have no LoS , that the drugs are ridiculous, and that pvp and PVM poison stacks are really really different especially when it comes to damage.

Yes, the anti poison drugs are ridiculous, they shouldnt exist to nullify one kind of damage already underpowered.

Make apu attacks like bolts and no more problem with the out of LoS hits. That's a completely different and irrelevant subject regarding poison.

Originally posted by Iordofkhaoz

im pretty sure the basis of this thread is directed not just towards poison , but at the dam synch bugs which we all know and love. heres why people get frustrated with poison,, there is only one class that does viable poison damage.. which are APU monks.. now its seems to me that its a lil on the unreasonable side to really put points in CON into Poison resist due to this reason.. now if every class had a decent poison attack then.. it would make more sence to waste time on this factor. which is poison resist

Regarding the bold text; apu monks do not have x-ray and pierce attacks, should not I spec my force and x-ray resists, because is not my kind of attack?

You want effective poison attacks? give apu's effective x-ray and pierce attacks.. and to start, improve the pathetic psi attack, which deals force damage.

Anyhow, I dont see unreasonable to spec the poison resists, when the class which is suppossed to deal the biggest ammount of damage in the game use it.

Originally posted by StryfeX

My main gripe with poison is that it effectively takes you out of the fight almost instantly. That is, unless you wanna be choosing a GR in 30 seconds.

It takes you out of battle because you dont have nearly the resists in poison that you have in energy. With 0 enr resists you wouldnt be able even to enter in the fight.

LAME.

Originally posted by StrifeX

I usually cut out as soon as I have 5 stacks unless I know I have no chance of getting away. And 5 stacks comes pretty damn fast. Which is why I don't like poison the way it is. If I had my prefence, I'd lower the DoT damage, but up the initial damage, and also possibly adjust the timer for the poison stacks.

5 Holy Lighting take you out of the fight, and I can cast that equaly fast than poison. Test the effect of 5 capped HL's or energy beams with the same enr resists as you have in poison.

Antipoison drugs suck. They take so long to work you're usually dead right before they kick in. Make 'em work faster and it'll make life better.

Anti-poison drug were a measure when the poison damage wasnt nerfed.

Try to eat one in the moment you see the monk using poison, and you will notice a much better effect. Poison has the longest DoT, with the longest interval, therefore making drugs faster would nullify poison damage.

All what I have read from people that dont like poison, is that they have pathetic poison resists, and still want to survive perfectly against it.

There are few situations that I use poison, like against targets sheltered without a ppu in their ass; when they have a zone point near, etc..

Is sad that some people do not remember how poison was before it stacked properly. No one used it, and with 0 poison resists you took pathetic damage.

Read my example of 12evil and smokeyj, there are people capable to outheal 15 stacks without even using drugs, and he's nowhere near gimped in his other resists.

I pity the day another damage type comes along (i.e. DoY), because people will scream for it to be nerfed until no one uses it anymore.

Sleawer
06-09-03, 23:42

Secondly, to the person who said that it's unfair that only apus get poison, why can't we get a special attack of our own? How often do you see apus using fire? It's because fire is underpowered. So we basically have one method of attack, energy. And other classes can have energy. force. x-ray. fire. piercing.

Exactly, and they can have two kinds of damage in one weapon.

Just imagine what an apu could do with a mixed damage beam.

Q`alooaith
06-09-03, 23:42
@Q'alooaith, the force damage of psi 2 is pathetic, it cannot be compared to any high lvl attack. Monks dont have pierce and x-ray attacks, if other classes get effective poison attacks, then monks deserve x-ray and pierce.

Slewer, if you'd looked, I did point a link to my Psi attack 3 idea, which would be good, if you look at the TL of the spell, and don't compair to rares of Beams, it's pretty good, and even when you've got beams and rares, it's still great for taking undeflectored PPU's down..

We do need higher level Psi attack spells, Posion beam is a great spell for getting past shelters..

Sleawer
06-09-03, 23:48
I have read that thread with the psi3-4 ideas ages ago, and it is not the first time suggested in these forums, so nothing new.

Psi attack is totally pathetic... against ppu's undeflectored? and what the fuck is doing a ppu without a deflector?

I compare it to what I use, which is mainly Holy Lighting. Understand this: Our top energy attack (HL) is awesome, probably the best damage of apu's, even when it is the most resisted dmg in the game; Our top fire attack (FA) is "decent", but underpowered compared with HL, which is lower Tech Level; our top poison attack (toxic beam) is a crap compared to ANY damage in the game, only useful because people walks around with ZERO poison resists; our top force attack (psi2) is a laugh, a complete laugh; maybe good for its TL, but totally useless for high ranked PvP situations.

Duder
06-09-03, 23:50
Make apu attacks like bolts and no more problem with the out of LoS hits. That's a completely different and irrelevant subject regarding poison.

Theres an Idea!!!!

Although nothing to do with poison, heh.

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 00:16
sheeesh... can a mod close this thread?

this has turned into a dead end, a deadend with a charcoal grill, a deadend with a charcoal grill with a gallon of lighterfluid in it, its waiting for a flamer to toss a match in....

lets put the lid on it before it blows up.

or lets give it a natural death by all shutting up.

t0tt3
07-09-03, 00:17
Wooohooooo Psi 2 attack = 130 ish range CAPPED!!!!!!!!
:lol: yea 130 m thats like eeeeeh 2 CS burst dead range. APU needs range to kill and 130 m aint a range to sneak kill with, So if I want to use it I want a range at 230 ish or something AND the freq is fucked up it says 105/min but it cast slower then the HL.... t.t KK dont want 3 type dmg dealing on APU:s :p

bd*
07-09-03, 03:01

If you become resistant to poison after 5 stacks does that means after 5 CS hits it doesnt hurt me again for another 10 ~ seconds or whatever the equiv time is again till we can poison you?

Seriously this is about the most retarded idea ive heard since the "TGs are too overpowered, can we cap them at level 40" idea that was posted here about half a year ago.

Sure having it off your screen is annoying as hell but making a weapon useless because its annoying is the most god damn retarded excuse for a nerf ever.

Spoon
07-09-03, 05:47
Exactly, and they can have two kinds of damage in one weapon.

Just imagine what an apu could do with a mixed damage beam.

Hell that wouldn't bother me.....
It would be easier to defend against a mixed damage weapon, wouldn't it?, or it would for a Tank...

Just imagine what a Tank could do with a pure X-Ray, fire or force weapon... :p

My final 2 cents on the Poisen thing:
*Antidote is too slow
*not enough varaity in Poisen armor
*Poisen is usually the last thing people spec for(probably the reason people have problems with poisen..

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 09:29
Originally posted by hose187
You make my brain hurt.

"Spec for poison? Are you fucking retarded?"- We should all be asking you that.

*Picks up Libby and shoots Shadow, gets very low damage. "What? Spec for P-C? Are you retarded?"

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 09:33
Originally posted by bd*
If you become resistant to poison after 5 stacks does that means after 5 CS hits it doesnt hurt me again for another 10 ~ seconds or whatever the equiv time is again till we can poison you?

So what your saying is. There is a logical explaination as to being poisoned with the same type of poison multiple times and they all deal the same effect?

Bullshit it doesn't work like that.

How about you give my class something that deals this kind of effect?

OH MY GOD! You mean I have to aim at this moving target while dodging their shots! Its fucking ludicris. All the time Joe fucking Schmoe is just standing there clicking away loading my persona with poison hazards forcing me to run until I die.

I think someone was asleep when the meeting for this happend.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 09:35
Originally posted by lordofkhaoz
im pretty sure the basis of this thread is directed not just towards poison

Thank you, at least someone gets my main point.
Even if its your punkass hehe.

StryfeX
07-09-03, 10:18
[In response to an earlier post of mine:]
It takes you out of battle because you dont have nearly the resists in poison that you have in energy. With 0 enr resists you wouldnt be able even to enter in the fight.....That's with 87 fuckin' poison resist which is pretty much the most I'm going to be able to get without screwing up other things.

And besides, there's not exactly a wealth of decent poison armor now is there? Why the hell do you think I mix armor? I'm not about to go naked against a specific damage, even if it isn't a common one.

--Stryfe

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 12:24
Originally posted by StryfeX
....That's with 87 fuckin' poison resist which is pretty much the most I'm going to be able to get without screwing up other things.

And besides, there's not exactly a wealth of decent poison armor now is there? Why the hell do you think I mix armor? I'm not about to go naked against a specific damage, even if it isn't a common one.

--Stryfe

StryfeX has a point. Its even worse for other classes besides tanks (Who can wear viper king armor). Other classes have to sack a belt for a poison resist belt. Which means losing a lot of energy resist.

Would switching to that belt help you that much during combat? hell no. Your already dead unless you zone or stealth. Considering the spells magically transverse the Neocron universe and follow you around corners and through walls.

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 12:33
Don't feed the trolls :rolleyes:

Who is this guy anyway?

CRAIG DIGGERS
07-09-03, 14:24
Originally posted by KidWithStick
nerf this nerf that

nerf the blacksun

nerf the apus

nerf the ppu's because i cant kill them

nerf the pistols because the wyatt earp kills me to easy

nerf the cs's because they do to much damage

nerf the spys because they can put so many points into a skill and get shit slots...so might as well take slots away and just say nerf it.

nerf the baseball bats because for how much they cost they do wayyy to much damage, you better tone it down some...

oh BTW...did i mention im rank 2/16?

.......:rolleyes:

NERF THE KID !

o_O

Futureman
07-09-03, 14:29
I gotta admit as a Spy poison is even tougher to compete against till you get stealth. There is a trick though. You should know that an apu stacking you with enough poison to kill you will take a while. Being a spy, you can kill a buffed PPU pretty quickly unless he has uber force resist, which monks have VERY little of. So next time you get a poison stack just whip out your PE or the new TERMINATOR (YES!!!! i am gonna love it) And show that little punk what good his little "magic" sickness is.

Other comments. As a PE your resists suck because you have 500 hit points. I can't tell you how many times i have seen people with tons of HP going to poison caves thinking their HP will save them. It doesn't. Never will. I would shoot for 300-400 HP and use the rest for resists.

Oh btw. Go to the poison caves to level. Get around 60 POR and use a Medium Poison belt. Laugh at any monk that tries to use poison on you when you are going there to level (actually happened to me!) well that's when the Pain Easer comes in handy.

Yeah so in conclusion, the key to killing a Monk that decides to use poison on you is to kamikazee him, so he'll either A) switch to a spell that does more damage quickly that you have better resists for or B) die

Shakari
07-09-03, 15:35
Yes it should goddammit.

Just because your got killed by poison is no reason to nerf it

as has been said SPEC FOR POISON RESIST like any other resist 210 fire resist inc armour in a tank does not make him invunerable to fire but it reduces the dmg he takes (a tank i own has that)

so stop bitching about it and adapt to play with it, or do u want to be an all killing machine with no weaknesses (wich would be unfair and ain't gonna happen)

leave poison stacking as it is :) it can be dealt with if u have a small amount of forthought and skill

Ste-X
07-09-03, 15:52
yawn

please go sort your resists out

if your a tank - master of con that does not mean puting 10000 points into energy and xray there is a poision resist skill that unlike psi resist , does its job

stop crying and go away

Sleawer
07-09-03, 15:52
Originally posted by Spoon

Hell that wouldn't bother me.....
It would be easier to defend against a mixed damage weapon, wouldn't it?, or it would for a Tank...

Actually tanks can go to pure energy, and it sux, because their damage is not enought to affect one single damage, which everyone's cousin has speced in this game.

Double damage type is the best attack, specially x-ray, the less resisted damage in the game.

*edit: harder to resist in fact, because only monks have a decent x-ray armor. Poison can be much more resisted.

....That's with 87 fuckin' poison resist which is pretty much the most I'm going to be able to get without screwing up other things.

If 5 poison stacks take you out of the fight, then you are not wearing the armors to have 87 poison resists.

And there is not decent poison armor? Excuse me, but I dont hear anyone complaining about x-ray. Where is the armor for x-ray?

Nooo, you have to complain about poison, and you know the reason; it is because a lot of people had golden resist setups when poison was worthless, and now you are fucking pissed of not being able to keep your golden formula, and resist everything in the game.

You dont have a valid point.. you just have a lame point.
Poison is the damage of the main Damage Dealer in the game, so it is common; accept it, expect it, and spec it.

How about you give my class something that deals this kind of effect?

How about if you give x-ray and pierce to my class?

OH MY GOD! You mean I have to aim at this moving target while dodging their shots! Its fucking ludicris. All the time Joe fucking Schmoe is just standing there clicking away loading my persona with poison hazards forcing me to run until I die.

That's your problem; you have zero poison resists, use the drugs when you already have 10 poison stacks, and yet you still try to run away from an apu monk... and what do you expect, what about if you learn how to fight a monk?
If the monk used HL instead poison beam you would have been dead before even starting the fight.

What server do you play in, I want to duel you with my PE aswell, he's not even capped, then you can come here and say that PE's are overpowered.

Sleawer
07-09-03, 15:57
Originally posted by QuantumDelta

Don't feed the trolls

Who is this guy anyway?

Hearing his words in some threads, I deduct that he is a guy who probably left the game many time ago, perhaps at the start of retail or beta 4 final, and now comes back bitching about a game that has changed a lot.

@those tanks complaining about poison; listen to Ste-X, he is one of the best tanks in saturn, and definetly he spent some time tweaking his resists to take advantage of his class.

t0tt3
07-09-03, 16:06
omg they cast 10 Posin beams on me and im soon dead.....
Well If i cast 10 HL:s on anyone she/he will be so RIP "ok not the ppu but skip that part :D"

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 17:39
Hearing his words in some threads, I deduct that he is a guy who probably left the game many time ago, perhaps at the start of retail or beta 4 final, and now comes back bitching about a game that has changed a lot.

@those tanks complaining about poison; listen to Ste-X, he is one of the best tanks in saturn, and definetly he spent some time tweaking his resists to take advantage of his class.

As for the HL comparison. Your right. Its even easier to shoot off a triple digit damage spell every couple of seconds...

You can go on and on about resists not being perfect or "you don't know what your doing blah blah blah"

Whatever. I'm not going to spend a week LoM'in my fucking guy to have a resist setup that will be worth shit once something else gets changed.

Ste-X
07-09-03, 17:44
its not that hard to spec agenst poision you dont need as much resists in poision to lession the effects greatly, just people dont put any points into it thinking they need at least 100 base energy or some crap like that

Scikar
07-09-03, 17:46
10 HL hits when you have 150 energy armor = dead.

10 poison stacks when you have 0 poison resist and you expect to live?

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 17:50
:lol: Dude, just deal with it, jesus...

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 18:08
Of all the people that have posted on here arguing with me.

How many of you have rerolled since release?

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 18:25
Several of us play on supe... I mean four char servers.

No need to re-roll since we know what the hell we're doing with our chars :p

I have;

HC Tank
Pistol PE
PPU Monk
Droner Spy (Yes, Yes, I LoMed Gents :p)

Rifle PE
Rifle Spy
Hybrid Monk

Being other things, that I haven't played to cap ;)

Ste-X
07-09-03, 18:30
Of all the people that have posted on here arguing with me.

How many of you have rerolled since release?

rerolle

i play on a 4 char server m8 if you complain about doing that dont play on a 1 char server

Shadow Dancer
07-09-03, 18:38
I want anti-xray drugs and have it do lesser damage because there's no x-ray armor.

QuantumDelta
07-09-03, 18:40
Heh, there's plenty xrr armor, enough to cap the resist for three classes, infact....

edit;
if used correctly.. I hardly expect it for most monks.

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 18:43
Can a mod please close this thread already?!

edit - oh arcadius, there IS a xray resist potion ^ ^ and that drug that has both xray and poison resist +

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 18:51
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Can a mod please close this thread already?!

edit - oh arcadius, there IS a xray resist potion ^ ^ and that drug that has both xray and poison resist +

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 18:54
Uselessness? Moi? Far from it.

Plus, your reaction doesn't bode well for the longevity of this thread. Your original post has been answered, and in detail. Let's all let this thread die, then, if a mod won't lock this.

Hell, perhaps we should do some preemptive spamming to force the closure of this now non-useful thread.

Sharak
07-09-03, 18:56
:lol:

This thread has made my day, that and reading the stupid comments that come out of Jakobe~Ezthrel.

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 19:15
Hello sharak, how goes it?

Yep, its a bit like watching "COPS", listening to this jakob child.

Helen Angilley
07-09-03, 19:17
[ edited ]

You know, it's incredibly dumb (But expected) of you to call someone a "bitch" while moaning about how someone wants your Thread closed.

*Flick*

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 19:59
You know, it's incredibly dumb (But expected) of you to call someone a "bitch" while moaning about how someone wants your Thread closed.

*Flick*

I wasn't moaning about a goddamn thing. [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Lethys
07-09-03, 20:02
By calling them bitches you are flaming, and flaming is a good way of getting a thread closed. :rolleyes:

Possessed
07-09-03, 20:03
Aha, someone get the ban-hammer

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 20:10
Flaming? Well fuck me, flame on.

Since my topic has gotten way off topic thanks to you fucking cheese eating surrender monkies.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 20:23
Originally posted by Possessed
Aha, someone get the ban-hammer

Oh no not that, anything but that.
Because I am oh so afraid of being banned from a dumbass message board for a brokeass game.

I didn't know I was violating my right to assembly and freedom of speech. This game does have an M rating as well so I don't know if bad language is naughty.

Helen Angilley
07-09-03, 20:26
I didn't know I was violating my right to assembly and freedom of speech. This game does have an M rating as well so I don't know if bad language is naughty.

No such thing as Freedom of Speech on a _private_ forum.

Reakktor have every right to do as they will with this board, it is a privelige, not a right.

Oh, "M" stands for Mature, not "Majorly Dumb Swearing To Compensate For Other Shortcomings".

I'm one of the biggest Trollers on these boards, love, I know what buttons to press.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 20:31
No such thing as Freedom of Speech on a _private_ forum.

Reakktor have every right to do as they will with this board, it is a privelige, not a right.

Oh, "M" stands for Mature, not "Majorly Dumb Swearing To Compensate For Other Shortcomings".

I'm one of the biggest Trollers on these boards, love, I know what buttons to press.

Sorry, for a second all I heard was "blah blah blah I have to much free time on my hands and no social life"

Right right, privelige I get ya.
Just like driving on the sidewalk is a privelige and not a right? Drinking is a privelige and not a right, until you get in your car?

Its fucking Privilege, PRIVILEGE. You want to try to point out my shortcomings you might want to hide yours a little better.

Hippieman
07-09-03, 20:31
Would like to say too on the freedom of speach point. Guess what?! This isnt a American company, nope its a German company. Different laws there.

Shadow Dancer
07-09-03, 20:33

NOOB.

I mean to nullify x-ray damage completely. lol

Helen Angilley
07-09-03, 20:34
Right right, privelige I get ya.
Just like driving on the sidewalk is a privelige and not a right? Drinking is a privelige and not a right, until you get in your car?

Yup, precisely.

Both of those priveliges could easily be revoked by the right people.

Sorry, for a second all I heard was "blah blah blah I have to much free time on my hands and no social life"

As I said, I know what buttons to press.

Just like the half-dozen, or there abouts, others who claim to have put me on "ignore" you're too easily manipulated, angered and riled up with a few choice words.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 20:35
Originally posted by Hippieman
Would like to say too on the freedom of speach point. Guess what?! This isnt a American company, nope its a German company. Different laws there.

Well shit I shoulda known that by the lazy programming and constant shortcuts to avoid major game flaws and problems.

But ya know what? I tried to read the forum rules. To bad the link doesn't work..

And yes american laws do make a difference on the internet.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 20:38
Yup, precisely.

Both of those priveliges could easily be revoked by the right people.

As I said, I know what buttons to press.

Just like the half-dozen, or there abouts, others who claim to have put me on "ignore" you're too easily manipulated, angered and riled up with a few choice words. [/B]

[ edited for violation of the forum rules ]

What buttons are you pressing?
Please enlighten me with you maven choice of socialpsycholigy skills.

Hippieman
07-09-03, 20:39
American laws dont work here. Only international laws would possiblly work here. Since this is a german company American laws dont mean a rat's ass on a this game's forums.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] the bottom forum rules button does work.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 20:41
American laws dont work here. Only international laws would possiblly work here. Since this is a german company American laws dont mean a rat's ass on a this game's forums.

Your right, but when american money is envolved and the possibility of lashback is at stake. Those laws do mean a difference.

What are you a fucking stoner law grad?

Helen Angilley
07-09-03, 20:42
[ edited ]

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - nationalistic flaming ]

What buttons are you pressing?
Please enlighten me with you maven choice of socialpsycholigy skills.

Both of my recent posts have gotten you into another angst-filled, hissy fit.

Case in point.

Hippieman
07-09-03, 20:44
Your right, but when american money is envolved and the possibility of lashback is at stake. Those laws do mean a difference.

What are you a fucking stoner law grad?

Oh god no I hate lawyers, especially that guy on the OJ simpson case.

And that point about American money. That MIGHT only work in a big intentional incident. NOT a small company's game forums.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 20:47
[ edited ]

[b]

Both of my recent posts have gotten you into another angst-filled, hissy fit.

Case in point.

Sorry I don't think you could press enough of my buttons to throw me into a "angst-filled, hissy fit"

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - this one gets you a ban ]

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 20:49
Oh god no I hate lawyers, especially that guy on the OJ simpson case.

And that point about American money. That MIGHT only work in a big intentional incident. NOT a small company's game forums.

Hey I don't think KK is such a small company. I mean fuck they have been taking you poor saps money for what? almost a year? Well most of you off and on. But that is easily made up by the ammount of "hardcore" neocron players who have more then one account.

Helen Angilley
07-09-03, 20:49
Sorry I don't think you could press enough of my buttons to throw me into a "angst-filled, hissy fit"

[ edited ]

You've been doing it for the last few pages of this Topic.

Even now you persist with the attitude.

Funny though, for someone who got so defensive about another asking to close his Topic, you do retain a lot of hostility...ethnic slurs and personal attacks are a sure fire way to get your posts edited, your threads closed and your account banned.

^.~

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 20:53
You've been doing it for the last few pages of this Topic.

Even now you persist with the attitude.

Funny though, for someone who got so defensive about another asking to close his Topic, you do retain a lot of hostility...ethnic slurs and personal attacks are a sure fire way to get your posts edited, your threads closed and your account banned.

^.~

Don't blame me, blame the fuckers that keelhauled my topic and turned it into a bitch fest.

Its not like I am sitting here calling you people "dirty crackers" or anything.

Helen Angilley
07-09-03, 20:55
Don't blame me, blame the fuckers that keelhauled my topic and turned it into a bitch fest.

Its not like I am sitting here calling you people "dirty crackers" or anything.

You've been tossing out insults and in-coherent arguments for the entire Thread.

You're at fault just as much as anybody else here.

Hippieman
07-09-03, 20:57
Hey I don't think KK is such a small company. I mean fuck they have been taking you poor saps money for what? almost a year? Well most of you off and on. But that is easily made up by the ammount of "hardcore" neocron players who have more then one account.

Just because you die to poison and cant figure out a way out of it doesnt mean were the poor saps. If you cant use some common sense and figure out how to solve your poison problem, then you shouldnt of installed this game from the start.

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 20:58
You've been tossing out insults and in-coherent arguments for the entire Thread.

You're at fault just as much as anybody else here.

And yet you don't get the hint to shut the fuck up unless you have something to say about poison or sync errors like the fucking topic is?

I refer to this topic from april when Poison was changed.

April (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54693&highlight=jakobe)

Jakobe~Ezthrel
07-09-03, 21:00
Just because you die to poison and cant figure out a way out of it doesnt mean were the poor saps. If you cant use some common sense and figure out how to solve your poison problem, then you shouldnt of installed this game from the start.

Thats the smartest thing you've said. I shouldn't have installed this dumb fucking game last summer. At least I never had to pay for retail I guess. Maybe I shouldn't be bitching.

Nidhogg
07-09-03, 21:00
This thread is locked for cleaning. Re-opened. I sense that it will be quieter from this point on, at least for three days or so.

N

Sharak
07-09-03, 21:45
Hello sharak, how goes it?

Yep, its a bit like watching "COPS", listening to this jakob child.

I'm good, gave me account to Weazle so if you see Sharak or Graffen running round then its him.

Re this thread: :lol: :lol: I havent laughed this hard at a thread on here in ages, I'm giving it 5 star for comical value

Helen Angilley
07-09-03, 21:58
As people have said, you need to adapt, shut up or just leave.

Ten poison stacks are still weaker than ten Cursed Soul bursts, ten shots of the "rare" Lightning spell or even ten bursts of the Pain Easer.

If you're going to moan about ten stacks of poison killing you, then you should also be moaning about the weapons I just mentioned.

Shakari
08-09-03, 01:19
Originally posted by Scikar
10 HL hits when you have 150 energy armor = dead.

10 poison stacks when you have 0 poison resist and you expect to live?

actually my tank has taken 10 in neofrag with only 30 poison resist and lived with about 150 health :) just gotta keep healing use sanctum and med kits :) you can't out heal it but u can reduce its effects

Shadow Dancer
08-09-03, 01:22
Originally posted by Shakari
actually my tank has taken 10 in neofrag with only 30 poison resist and lived with about 150 health :) just gotta keep healing use sanctum and med kits :) you can't out heal it but u can reduce its effects

Damn

I never realized how weak poison is. With 2 stacks i almost die or die. But I have 289 hp. I switched to med poison belt and popped a poison drug to fight an apu, annd lmao I was able to take much more poison damage.

Heavyporker
08-09-03, 02:53
Yeah, sharak, its like the guys here are dogs chasing each other's tails :lol:

I sense that my dad and I are getting much closer to solving the problem with the comp... then I return to Neocron... and chaos will reign on Pluto!

MUAHAHahahahahahuAHHAHahahHAHAhAhahah!!!

Ahem.

Helen, yeah, ten poison beams WOULD be weaker than ten shots from rares... until the day comes that APUs get a rare poison point spell... then listen to the auguished screams and shrill screeches of our victims.

Still doesn't get past the point that if you want to survive any amount of poison, POR is necessary. Feh, I survive 2 viper stacks easily enough, even without medikits and natural POR... and those mobs whup the hell out of poison beams, I tell you.

I just don't know why anyone in their right minds would complain about poison. Geesh.

Shakari
08-09-03, 02:57
Damn

I never realized how weak poison is. With 2 stacks i almost die or die. But I have 289 hp. I switched to med poison belt and popped a poison drug to fight an apu, annd lmao I was able to take much more poison damage.

yeah bearing in mind lol my tank is mainly used for PvM and has 600 hit points :)

so if i didn't heal etc I would die :) but still its poor compared to 10 HL or 10 FA shots :D

slaughteruall
08-09-03, 05:05
If your going to complain about dmg from one type (ie poison). I have a idea get some poison resist. All you takes are pissed because you have a good resist setup then some monk comes on and gives you some poison. I have a ldea get 60 poison resist and you will be fine. You will still take dmg but alot less. Is this to hard to realize? Whats next your going to want tanks to be able to reach heavy belts so you can get your POR that way. Give me a break. Monks have low force resist. Get over it it's a flaw in every class IT'S CALLED BALLANCE. Now go cry somewhere else you stupid tank.

Slaughter