PDA

View Full Version : wow this game still sucks

Xanga Jet
05-09-03, 00:37
bugs that were from beta are still here, hardly no one is helpful anymore, and i dont know what to do with my capped tank.

Lethal Virus
05-09-03, 00:38
PK :lol:

Marx
05-09-03, 00:39
reroll it and make a melee spy.

its all the rage.

:D

Syntax-Error
05-09-03, 00:39
Theres a nice cancel button on the accounts page. use it.

Helen Angilley
05-09-03, 00:40
Originally posted by Xanga Jet
bugs that were from beta are still here, hardly no one is helpful anymore, and i dont know what to do with my capped tank.

EverQuest has been around for yonks....still loads of bugs, piss-poor "support" and there's basically nothing to do when you're capped....and the game has Sony's funding.

Marx
05-09-03, 00:41
At least KK makes a point of getting the players involved with changes. Has all other games beat because of that alone.

muchos lub 2 kk.

:cool::

Xanga Jet
05-09-03, 00:41
all i know is i had a sudden urge to play this game, it was the atmosphere and style of the game i know. haha melee spy good one.
and i see they still havent fixed the part where gentanks dont hold cannons correctly.

KidWithStick
05-09-03, 00:44
try making a new char or somthing...

Glyc
05-09-03, 00:46
there's plenty to do. you must be in the wrong clan, or not know the right (interesting) people.

life is what u make of it. imagination.

i find new things to do every day i play.

DarkPhoenix
05-09-03, 00:48
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
Theres a nice cancel button on the accounts page. use it.

:lol:

Though, I agree

Xanga Jet
05-09-03, 00:49
(BTW Im on pluto server, my char name is Gore) well im kinda lost cuz i was part of the TG clan TR but they dont seem to be around anymore. and i see that TG doesnt even have its epic runs yet, so i would like to be one of the city factions but i ask everyone around neocron to help me and no one responds. like how the heck am i suppose to come up with 300k to change my faction.

joran420
05-09-03, 00:49
heh its still the best MMO game out there imho

/me hates AO with a passion

EQ makes me sick(played almost 3 years and now i cant stand it)

EVE was fun.....for a couple days....mining sucks

SWG....well I think we all know crap in a star wars box is still crap

UO not my style

Astonia 7 ...... hmmm dont think i even need to talk about this one

Puzzle pirates...well ok i love puzzle pirates(for when u feelin extra carebearsie)

Helen Angilley
05-09-03, 00:50
Originally posted by joran420
EVE was fun.....for a couple days....mining sucks

Anyone that says obviously wasn't paying attention.

Xian
05-09-03, 00:51
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
EverQuest has been around for yonks....still loads of bugs, piss-poor "support" and there's basically nothing to do when you're capped....and the game has Sony's funding.

Couldn't of said it better.

ncadict
05-09-03, 00:51
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

petek480
05-09-03, 00:52
(BTW Im on pluto server, my char name is Gore) well im kinda lost cuz i was part of the TG clan TR but they dont seem to be around anymore. and i see that TG doesnt even have its epic runs yet, so i would like to be one of the city factions but i ask everyone around neocron to help me and no one responds. like how the heck am i suppose to come up with 300k to change my faction.

Hey gore, it's me Pete from TR. Come join Crackheads, i'll even give you the 300k to switch factions and help you get your symp up. My name now ingame is Pete the Psi.

Helen Angilley
05-09-03, 00:53
Originally posted by ncadict
[ edited ]

If Mining "sucks" then don't do it. Simple.

My character achieved full independence, both economically and materialistically, without going anywhere near a Mining laser.

joran420
05-09-03, 00:55
hmmm then i musta been doin something wrong...I didnt play for long anyhow....

=Chojin=
05-09-03, 00:56
like how the heck am i suppose to come up with 300k to change my faction.

run around and killl stuff.....u have a capped tank....
or alternately blackmail somone:p

Ch0:

ncadict
05-09-03, 00:56
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Xanga Jet
05-09-03, 00:57
atleast SWG doesnt crash and atleast the patches fix bugs
(from patch 187 "Faction channel can be turned off now. looks like this change didn't make it into the patch after all" lol)
and atleast the devs let us know what they are doing regularly. atleast it has more customization in everything.

bad notes on SWG:
1 class is broke, but will be fixed the next patch.
AT-ST unbalances the galatic civil war, but i dont care cuz i have one.
classes still need balancing
some PvP mechanics still need work
guild chat seems to drop sometimes
and no one has unlocked the force slot yet.

just dont really like how people bad mouth such a good game when they prolly havent even played it.
and yes i can play both SWG and this game.

=Chojin=
05-09-03, 00:59

i thourght they havent allowed it yet... or seomthing about haveing 3 capped characters...:confused: #

Ch0

Cass
i dont know what to do with my capped tank. Key word is "capped"
I ask everyone around neocron to help me and no one responds. like how the heck am i suppose to come up with 300k to change my faction. Here's the irony. He's got a capped tank and can't make 300k? And you say this GAME sucks? o_O

Style
i would raher the bugs still be here and have the old rules back... why you complain about bugs? complain bout quickbelts narf narf lol

Clothing_Option
05-09-03, 01:01

Find and res kill Leo Frankowski (pluto) with the help of a PPU of course for 8 hours:cool:

Xanga Jet
05-09-03, 01:01
ffs i been gone for like 5 months, and hte controls suck on this game, and its hard to chat.

=Chojin=
05-09-03, 01:02
ffs i been gone for like 5 months, and hte controls suck on this game, and its hard to chat.

are u just in a bad mood:confused: :rolleyes:

Ch0

Cass
I think someone peed in his Cheerios this morning.

Xanga Jet
no i just feel like a noob its all.

Xian
05-09-03, 01:03
(from patch 187 "Faction channel can be turned off now. looks like this change didn't make it into the patch after all" lol)
and atleast the devs let us know what they are doing regularly. atleast it has more customization in everything.

Yes, in SW:G the devs can tell you how they're desperately trying to improve a poor, rushed game.

You can count the amount of Neocron coders on one hand. For SW:G, there's probably a damn long list. Consider the scale of Neocron's dev team and support capabilities to the size of a dev/support team funded by a company such as Sony. Obviously, there's a massive difference.

Neocron is an excellent game, despite the bugs. And you can't compare something with almost unlimited funding to a game with 3 coders.

=Chojin=
05-09-03, 01:06
u think hes just trying to get more ppl to play SW:G:confused: :lol:

Ch0

Xanga Jet
05-09-03, 01:08
hell no, if i were to pull a advertising scheme i would try to get more to play this game, jesus do you know how many play SWG? 275k, and how many play this game? what, about 900?

joran420
05-09-03, 01:15
your right SWG didnt crash(well it crashed like 3 times in 2 months of play for me) but the gameplay was crap and almost all classes(one class???) were very unbalanced(but then all new mmo's have this problem) Thats funny you say the devs listen....didnt seem like they were listening too much(oops just looked on SWG boards and looks like quite a few issues were cleared up...but new bugs popped up) SOE didnt really do anything to scammers and you couldnt take justice into your own hands are what ultimatly made me leave the game...and lack of any meaningful PvP ...I would just tab cycle all the targets bleed shotting em until they took me down but i would get 6 or 7 rebels bleeding before they got me and they would all incap shortly after that to be mopped up by my team.

I think NC has a better control system...but your right the chat system could use some serious revamping

but NC is just a much better game as a whole

Helen Angilley
05-09-03, 01:18
...and people call me bitter.

Xanga Jet
05-09-03, 01:52
to tell ya the truth ive done everything on SWG now, i got my commando/rifleman, got my atst and done all the theme parks. and im just lookin for another mmorpg to play, why?

because i have no life, im a 16 y/o whos parents are jehovahs witnesses who force me to go to church with them and i cant do nothing about it.

im not allowed to make friends or have a GF thats not a jehovahs witness and im lucky that i get to go to public school atleast. gee life sucks. and now lets see you tell me to get out more, cuz i cant lol.

Xanga Jet
05-09-03, 01:55
woot i just deleted my tank.
im gonna start a apu psi monk.
i need some stat tips.

=Chojin=
05-09-03, 01:56
woot i just deleted my tank.
im gonna start a apu psi monk.
i need some stat tips.

delete and make something that doesnt need a ppu up its ass all the time.

experienced apu pure

Ch0

Clothing_Option
05-09-03, 01:57
Originally posted by Xian
Yes, in SW:G the devs can tell you how they're desperately trying to improve a poor, rushed game.

You can count the amount of Neocron coders on one hand. For SW:G, there's probably a damn long list. Consider the scale of Neocron's dev team and support capabilities to the size of a dev/support team funded by a company such as Sony. Obviously, there's a massive difference.

Neocron is an excellent game, despite the bugs. And you can't compare something with almost unlimited funding to a game with 3 coders.

I agree that NC is a great game it , like so many others before it or in diffrent geners, needs to expand. The bugs really arent that bad.

Xanga Jet
05-09-03, 02:02
which psi monk class should i pick at character creation?

=Chojin=
05-09-03, 02:03
doesnt matter u can change all the stats anyway i think.

Ch0

KidWithStick
05-09-03, 02:09
SWG is (or atleast wasy a month ago) a horrible game...the PvP in that game is so lame...you have to have permission to start attacking someone, and after u start to attack you cant do nothing but the it shoot your gun for you...so lame..

i hear alot of people that say they like it because they suck at FPS fighting...oh well.

=Chojin=
05-09-03, 02:19
Originally posted by KidWithStick
SWG is (or atleast wasy a month ago) a horrible game...the PvP in that game is so lame...you have to have permission to start attacking someone, and after u start to attack you cant do nothing but the it shoot your gun for you...so lame..

i hear alot of people that say they like it because they suck at FPS fighting...oh well.

yeah its turn based isnt it?

Ch0

joran420
05-09-03, 02:37
semi tun based...like EQ

Mattimeo
05-09-03, 03:58
I have a "capped" character in EQ (65 Paladin on Luclin server)and I still havent done all the end game content, I havent even started the planar quests, the last raid I was on failed, hell I'm still missing my Epic. I can't think of any bugs, aside from maybe pathing, that are still in EQ from when I started, and that was before kunark. people seem to need to have some kind of fanatical devotion to one game or another and then make ill-educated comments or down another game. It confuses me. I like EQ, I like Neocron, heck even DAoC has it's merits.

Helen, if you can point out a bug that has been in EQ for more than a year, I'd like to hear it, because I sure can't.

I forgot where I was going with this, but I had a moral value, I think it was along the lines of if you don't have anything constructive or nice to say, keep your yap shut, I dunno, I forgot how the saying went.

Shadow Dancer
05-09-03, 05:31

because i have no life, im a 16 y/o whos parents are jehovahs witnesses who force me to go to church with them and i cant do nothing about it.

im not allowed to make friends or have a GF thats not a jehovahs witness and im lucky that i get to go to public school atleast. gee life sucks. and now lets see you tell me to get out more, cuz i cant lol.

:(

Sorry to hear that. :(

Lord Mansion
05-09-03, 14:06
Originally posted by KidWithStick

This may come as a surprise, but some people are not interested in PvP.

Al3X
05-09-03, 14:25
argh threads like this make me angry

1) this game has a great community (mostly)
2) this games just keeps improving (every patch shows me that it aint that bad)
3) kk DOES listen too the community even though they dont always respond, go take a look at the test server forum and read about the new pistol/rifle/melee changes, and read the patch notes too (everyone was whining about a rare baseball bat and a rare shotgun... violá here they are)
4) you wouldnt have given 300k too a stranger to (if you say you would then i log in and im gonna beg :rolleyes: )
5) (like everyone else already said) if your bored, go start a new char or start on a different server... go do epics, join a clan and fight for some ops, or just start a new clan yourself... there are lots of things to do you just have to see them...

@helen plz stop promoting EVE, i played that game too but nothing beats neocron so far for me

deac
05-09-03, 14:31

bad notes on SWG:
1 class is broke, but will be fixed the next patch.
AT-ST unbalances the galatic civil war, but i dont care cuz i have one.
classes still need balancing
some PvP mechanics still need work
guild chat seems to drop sometimes

just dont really like how people bad mouth such a good game when they prolly havent even played it.
and yes i can play both SWG and this game.

latest patch in swg is like the 160 for necron... pvp is now fucked...

2 classes rule...and only 2... one is commando that can do one hit kills ... the other is Bh that can almost do the same.... fun fun fun

JustIn_Case
05-09-03, 14:34
...and i see they still havent fixed the part where gentanks dont hold cannons correctly.

OMG OMG OMG OMG 8|

That is so terrible, OMG

(Sorry, i couldnt resist.....)

Jesterthegreat
05-09-03, 14:41
Originally posted by Marx
At least KK makes a point of getting the players involved with changes. Has all other games beat because of that alone.

muchos lub 2 kk.

:cool::

tell ya what... ill believe this when i get pistol spy PA

icarium
05-09-03, 14:46
to tell ya the truth ive done everything on SWG now, i got my commando/rifleman, got my atst and done all the theme parks. and im just lookin for another mmorpg to play, why?

:(

/me hugs xanga

Archeus
05-09-03, 16:07
Show them pepper park ^^

Tregard
05-09-03, 16:33
Helen, this is not a flame, troll or anything except a polite request...

Please, just give the Eve stuff a rest?

I am remarkable tolerant of almost anything, but even I can get tired of hearing something again and again and again and again and..... well whatever.

And before you tell me to try it, I have. I was in beta and I played after release. It's just not my 'type' of game.