PDA

View Full Version : Data books

viralghost
04-09-03, 22:57
I think data books should be brought back.

Because if they were even if they were store bought ppl cud, If i'm thinkin wot they r, Create quests to hand out in say plaza one with rewards of their choice or even clan missions for its members.

Then there is the ammusin side of wot kinda books u can make etc...

Wot do you guys think

Lethys
04-09-03, 22:59
I can't think of any reason why they shouldn't be shop-bought. If anyone can think of one I'd like to hear it.........

Marx
04-09-03, 23:00
no reason in my mind.

bring 'em back!

Judge
04-09-03, 23:11
Hear Hear.... I want Databooks back.

I can imagine a spy hacking a belt then leaving a databook with "LMAO you got pwned" in it. :p

Ikon
04-09-03, 23:19
Yeah, in other games I always loved finding a random piece of parchment that contains some sort of strange story made by a player, etc.

viralghost
04-09-03, 23:22
I like the hackin belt idea that wud b funny.

Progenitor
04-09-03, 23:27
Can't you still "recycle" Recordable Discs?

Next best thing.

BTW - the idea about the leaving a note in the hacked qb is great.

-p

Omnituens
04-09-03, 23:36
you can still recycle (http://www.blue-technologies.org/bluetech/pics/recipes.xls) them, but you need tronik (sp) parts, an they are not dropped.

*calls in Reefsmoker*

Progenitor
04-09-03, 23:42
Originally posted by Omnituens
you can still recycle (http://www.blue-technologies.org/bluetech/pics/recipes.xls) them, but you need tronik (sp) parts, an they are not dropped.

*calls in Reefsmoker*

That's true for Data books, but not for Recordable Discs :
Defunct CopBot Ethic Chip
Ancient Launcher Connectors
large hydraulic parts x4
enery generator
hardware based OS

granted the ancient launcher connectors and ethic chips are a little more difficult to get, but at least they are obtainable

-p

viralghost
04-09-03, 23:47
and where would i get these

from

I herd u get launcher con's in point red storage, i went there erlier and got my ass kicked by some harbinger thing

Progenitor
04-09-03, 23:53
Originally posted by viralghost
and where would i get these

from

I herd u get launcher con's in point red storage, i went there erlier and got my ass kicked by some harbinger thing

Yep - Ancient Launcher Connectors - red point, or any of the waste storages that have Ceres War * MOBs

The Defunct CopBot Ethic Chip - Gaya Mine Access A, the * Copbot MOBs

-p

viralghost
05-09-03, 00:04
cool, now the mobs at point red i assume u hunt in groups or is it a capped char thing.

same question about copbots

Progenitor
05-09-03, 00:21
Originally posted by viralghost
cool, now the mobs at point red i assume u hunt in groups or is it a capped char thing.

same question about copbots

I would a tank could solo the point red mobs, since they have the force resists to withstand their damage, otherwise a group with a ppu to heal. It's been a while since I tried to solo them, I doubt I could - I'd need a ppu to buff and heal me.

I can kill the copbots buy myself, but i need a hacker to open them. But I am a capped monk with more than enough energy resists - probably you'd need some backup as well - don't know though.

viralghost
05-09-03, 01:08
well i tried point red and failed so i gonna try copbots cos i bored

Omnituens
05-09-03, 01:23
tank needed to solo Mr. Harbinger?

*polishes his collection of Jugdement Day launchers*

could do the copbot, but as stated, you need a hacker.