PDA

View Full Version : heh, look what I found

Lexxuk
04-09-03, 22:23
Neocron Beta 4

Neocron is a MMORPG that melds itself with the 3D FPS genre. Combat takes place in real-time, but is bound to a complex (but easy to understand) skill system. In the full game you can play online with thousands of other players simultaneously in the post apocalyptic world of the 28th century. You can build/modify your own weapons, explore new tech, build in-game clans, become a trader, smuggler, engineer, hacker, etc.

This is the full, latest beta for Neocron, please note that the DVD must be in the drive while playing the game.

Product Details

Company: Reakktor Media/CDV

Web: http://www.neocron.com

Minimum system requirements: PII 233, 32MB RAM, Win9x/2K

Installation

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please use the following installation procedure-
1.) Install the Neocron Beta 4 from the link below choosing a minimum installation. A maximum install will normally cause an installation error.
2.) Install the Neocron Beta 4 Patches from the link below.
3.) Manually copy the files terrain.pak and terraincd.pak to the game installation directory on your hard disk.
4.) Deselect the 'Read Only' attribute for each of these files by right-clicking on them and unchecking the relevant box.
5.) Run Neocron and follow the onscreen instructions.

NOTE: Occaisionally this procedure does not work on some system configurations, if this is the case for you then manually copy the files Neocron_Beta4_Setup.exe, terrain.pak and terraincd.pak to the root directory of your hard disk and double-click on the setup program there, choosing a maximum installation method. This method of installation requires at least 2.5Gb of HD space but the three files listed above can be deleted from the root of the HD once the installation is complete.

Install Neocron Beta 4

Install Neocron Beta 4 Patches

===

Check them system requirements (bearing in mind, beta software isnt as clean as retail, so needs more powah :lol: ) And the lovely quote... "is bound to a complex (but easy to understand) skill system" But of course, my favourite quote.. "In the full game you can play online with thousands of other players simultaneously" heh. You also had the lovely install problem *sigh* memories. Oh, its from PC Format DVD issue September 2002, so would have been when I started Beta, about July or August (coz of the mag's bein released 1 or 2 months ahead)

Marx
04-09-03, 22:30
lol, I still have the beta 4 client on one of my comps.

Lexxuk
04-09-03, 22:33
I remember, I'd take NC into work with me, on my laptop (800mhz, 256MB ram) and run it at the lowest setting, blowing away the nice cyclop's launchers in j_02 or somethin, but getting like 6fps (if I was lucky) so I installed it on one of the work computers, (amd 500, 64MB ram, ATI vid card) and, be buggered if I managed to get 1FPS anywhere O_o, but I had broadband at work, so nice low pings, 56k at home, I just couldnt win :p

Possessed
05-09-03, 00:09
But you have broadband now... whore.

I still have the NC beta 4 installed... ah memories
and i have taht CD somewhere tyoo

Syntax-Error
05-09-03, 00:13
If u wana real luagh watch the Neocron Advertisment video again. ull luagh ure socks off

here my fave bit.. u see a monk using what looks like a maladiction. :eek:

Tycho C
05-09-03, 00:40
I have Beta 4 on disk too. I Downloaded it and burned it.

Every once in a while I see them and think back on fond memories...
*drifts into dream mode*

Vampire222
05-09-03, 00:44
whatd fuckin own: beta4 serverrrr... hardcore back 2 oldskool server wit mid beta 4 patched version = Hardkore PvP etc... AHHHH

Oath
05-09-03, 10:51
Beta 4..........the disc is resting under a mug of mouldy coffee somewhere.

KOS KOS broadband Whores!!

Oath, the last great 56k'r.

Eckel
05-09-03, 14:41
My original NC retail that i bought is beta 4 o_O