PDA

View Full Version : Pistols

OpTi
04-09-03, 22:01
Anyone else find pistols just... damn FUN!?!?

i decided to make a HC tank on satun, and after getting too about 23 str i got a little bored so thought i'd jump on my pistols spy and lvl his psi by doing a few missions.

Neway i get on my spy grab a mission a start killing aggie capts, before i know it i'm running all over the place in the aggie cellers strafing the aggies and having a hell of a time :D

my fave weapon atm is the 3 slot ryker napalm i built myself, i personly don't have as much (Didn't say it wasn't fun;)) fun with my blacksun, and now i want a judge just cuz i'd be a mean lookin pistol spy :angel:

Shadow Dancer
04-09-03, 22:02
When I was pistol pe I loved it. But I was still a noob in terms of aiming and resist setup so I got owned alot. I wish I still had that pistol PE now though. :(

RuButt
04-09-03, 22:05
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
A cookie to the person who tells me what movie this is from:

"WHAT ONE MAN CAN DO, ANOTHER CAN DO"

ehrm, The Matrix? :p

d3ik
04-09-03, 22:06
All of my characters are spies (yes, I buy a lot of medkits and have some psi points for heal) and I have a great time. All except for one are pistol spies (great for levelling dex and int). I like it because I can run and shoot without getting bogged down by a rifle. Also people kind of look at you with respect... it's like riding a motorcycle without a helmet: It either takes a massive set of balls or massive stupidity, we're still deciding which.

OpTi
04-09-03, 22:07
thinking about it i feel the same on my APU just the running round shooting things, i dunno just gives me an adrenaline rush, something i don't have as often as i used to in NC but i think i've found something i'm gonna stick with for a while.

Edit: i wanna PvP with my pistol spy, not like big op wars but just like duels and some FFA in NF sounds alot of fun :)

SorkZmok
04-09-03, 22:07
Originally posted by OpTi
my fave weapon atm is the 3 slot ryker napalm

pistols are pure fun. i never loved anything that much.

Also the Ryker Napalm is awesome. not that much in terms of damage but the SOUND!! I got a 4 slotter and with a capped RoF that thing sounds MEAN. its a constant evil and damn loud plasma sound :D

i love to scare ppl with it.

OpTi
04-09-03, 22:10
i actualy prefer the sound of the lower plasma pistols or the judge it's a higher pitched noise than the ryker which sounds like an epr which i don't think it fits as well as the others, same with the blacksun that sound like a DoY raygun or a reezas gaze i prefer the higher pitched sounds on the pistols

QuantumDelta
04-09-03, 22:14
Up the Ryker Napalm!!!!

OpTi
04-09-03, 22:15
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Up the Ryker Napalm!!!!

and teh judge!!! :angel:

KidWithStick
04-09-03, 22:19
Originally posted by RuButt
ehrm, The Matrix? :p

no its from "the edge"

SorkZmok
04-09-03, 22:21
Originally posted by OpTi
i actualy prefer the sound of the lower plasma pistols or the judge it's a higher pitched noise than the ryker which sounds like an epr which i don't think it fits as well as the others, same with the blacksun that sound like a DoY raygun or a reezas gaze i prefer the higher pitched sounds on the pistols

Actually THAT is what i love! It sounds as if it fires 3 shots per burst. and its a way louder sound than any other plasma pistol got.

That with 185 shots per minute = Fear!

SigmaDraconis
04-09-03, 22:24
not a nerf thread??!?!! :O

shock

amazement

fear

agreement :D

Pistols and APU are fun as all hell....extremely refreshing after playing a glued to the ground tank.

Marx
04-09-03, 22:25
...........+--^----------,-------------,-----,--------^-,:):)
...........| ||||||||| `-----------' | O
...........+-------------------------------^----------|:)
............\_,---------,---------,--------------------':)
............/ XXXXXX /'| /'
........../ XXXXXX / `\ /'
......../ XXXXXX /`-------'
....../ XXXXXX /
..../ XXXXXX /
...(________(
`------'

SUPER RARE SMILEY GUNSSS

Yeah, pistols kick ass.

like rifles better though... less dying involved.

KidWithStick
04-09-03, 22:26
yea. i have fun on my pistol PE, the only thing is i think that pistols break to fast....i think its because of there high RoF...but still they just seem to break fast...now if they did alot of damage plus shot fast...then i can see why they degrade so fast

OpTi
04-09-03, 22:29
what about an apu's main spell?

my apu's HL breaks like in 2 days use, and thats not even like a full day of lvling or PvP, granted it's only a 2 slot i always keep my 1 slot HL in my gogu as a backup, then i have a 4 slot energy beam to back that up :rolleyes: