PDA

View Full Version : *Probably Brainport* Regants Legacy for Players

Heavyporker
04-09-03, 21:26
I thought this was too radical to place into Brainport without getting a real discussion from the mainstream.

Reagants Legacy mutants... Mutants should become playerable, can (and should) fight other players and can level, gaining "mutations" that give intrinisic stat increases. They start off with, say, level 15 (in all stats), so they can be tearing up other players right from the start. They gain no skills - only the level of weapons that they can use. If a player chooses Regants Legacy, he gets the choice of mutant scout (melee), mutant soldier (rifle), mutant corporal (pistol), ceres soldier (heavy weapon), mutant preacher (hybrid monk). Missions for mutants are completely different from purebred humans... They have to either "breed" creatures (like bugs and spiders for very easy/easy, like rats and dogs and plants for medium, like swamp mages and wolves for hard. I dunno about Very hard. Perhaps reaperspiders.). Bascially they breed mobs by collecting an amount of meats from mutant cooking pots and giving them to a specially designated creature of the indicated mob type. (yeah, it would be in an area unlikely to be frequented by human players so you wouldn't have to worry about your mission autofailing too often) or collect junks (mutant version of recycle) and giving them to a mutant leader or NPC. You start with a given mutant class weapon. Ammo will be necessary, of course. There would be no bullshit about tradeskills - you would have to do specific missions for other mutants to get a new (probably artifact) weapon OR you can buy from Yo's. Starter apt would be in Darkmetal, I think, or in the Outzone... (hey, mutants have taken it over, anyway, plus it has the benefit of being close to the creatures one would
have to breed.). Leveling would work this way - you would see a progress bar, that you have to work to raise. When it overfills, you gain a level each in all stats, plus about +10 in your class weapon stat (like R-C for soldier, H-C for ceres warrior, P-C for corporal, and the like). Preachers would gain levels likewise, but more points more spread out - like +5 in PSU, +5 in APU, +5 in PPU, +5 in MST, +5 in PPW. Yes, that would be strong, but be realistic - they would only have access to deflector, shelter, heal in the PPU side and all the non-rare APU spells *EXCEPT* the antibuffs. No rares for them either. No rares for the mutants. Money and large amounts of exp would be gained from killing runners. Killing mobs lowers your sympathy from other mutants and gets you no money. If a mutant character dies, he will get
respawned to a random mutant's spawn point (as in Abandoned Cellars in PepperPark, or Outzone Storage Areas, or one
out of all the wastelands spawn points like Military Base, Regant's, mutant camps, and the like). No clothing choices -
just the basic skins. New mutants would be given a "cool" quality mutant class weapon and two units of armor to start with. Basically, this would be the BEST faction, outside of anarchy breed, for PKers to be. Soullight, outside of other mutants, would be pointless, the human factions (outside of Fallen Angels - see their history) are all set against you. You cannot join it, only be born into it.

What do you guys think? Interesting? Outrageous? Insane? Impossible? More ideas (keep them real, seriously) or criticisms ( be constructive, guys, seriously). I wanna see what you guys think of the possiblity of being mutants.

Dream
04-09-03, 21:32
On a side note, I think players should be able to join forces with the mutants (REAL players, not mutant players) so they can be red to all other factions.

This would give players who don't want to faction roleplay a place to go...

Shadow Dancer
04-09-03, 21:34
Originally posted by Dream
On a side note, I think players should be able to join forces with the mutants (REAL players, not mutant players) so they can be red to all other factions.

I actually think this is a good idea.

Richard Adregen
04-09-03, 21:34
I LOVE IT. Sounds EXCELLENT to me... adds a lot of fun if possible :)

RA.

Heavyporker
04-09-03, 21:36
Well, perhaps, but it'd be a bit wierd to see softskins walking around in DarkMetal, eh? But aye, it'd be a lot of fun to do covert alliances to mutant players...

Don't forget to rate the thread if you actually do like the idea.

Shadow Dancer
04-09-03, 21:37
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Well, perhaps, but it'd be a bit wierd to see softskins walking around in DarkMetal, eh? But aye, it'd be a lot of fun to do covert alliances to mutant players...

Don't forget to rate the thread if you actually do like the idea.

softskins? Have you played fallout by any chance?

Heavyporker
04-09-03, 21:42
Um, no... its what mutants ingame call us normal humans... Aigh Aigh! Ask Delmann! I think he's the one that started it!

Oh, to clarify, the +10 to weapon stats might be large, but it was an example. And yes, points would have to go into weaponlore for the gun-using mutants. But it was a start!

Oh, yes, and the mutant players CAN get implants... they just have to decide on how to obtain them and get them implanted.

Oh, yes, that will make for some interesting things... Perhaps some mutant NPCs will have to be made to auto-implant or something. Most all the other tradeskills will be useless to mutants - they scrouge for everything of theirs.

There's the problem of how mutant players can loot belts of the runners they manage to pk... hmm hmm.

Progenitor
04-09-03, 21:54
Not a bad idea.

How about if each individual mutant got random "mutations" for their MAX skill level in each of the main skills, but still have them add up to 300 total skill levels.

Or give them random plus's and minuses to the various subskills.

You could also go one step further and make those green guys out in the swamps playable characters as well - I want to be a large club wielding green hulking dude!

-p

Heavyporker
04-09-03, 22:14
No, no, progenitor, I wanna keep things somewhat plausible... so let's try to keep it to the more-or-less human mutants.

I dunno about random mutations, because the nonPSI mutants won't get *any* PSI... and the PSI mutants won't get anything other than their sheer PSI power. Though there would be templates similiar to other human players - the PSI Mutants will get the same STATs (PSI/INT) as other PSI humans, the Ceres Warriors and Mutant Scouts will get the same STATs (STR/CON) as other GenTanks, Mutant Soldiers and Corporals will get the same STATs as human PEs (spread of STR, INT, CON, DEX...) no mutant spy types, sorry.

Heavyporker
05-09-03, 15:42
I been thinking... should the Regant Legacy PSI Mutant players get allowed to use all the spells accessible to other players or what?

Restrictions would still apply to the other mutants though - they'd be pure lowtech P-C, R-C, H-C or melee.

ezza
05-09-03, 15:45
Originally posted by Dream

i like dreams idea better than porkers