PDA

View Full Version : Some quick ideas for NC

Bob Monkhouse
04-09-03, 19:02
I have been thinking about a few changes I would like to see to give NC that little extra "ooomph" that it needs to conquer the world. Please remember, this is a quick wish list, I am NOT demanding these elements be introduced or changed, we have had enough of those threads recently:lol:

IDEA 1: OK, this will get people upset................I would like to see SI from dying INCREASED. At the moment dying is an inconvenience for a few minutes, rather than a really painful hardship. I propose a new system where SI equals 2%*Skill level. This way, new runners will be back in action very quickly, which helps them level quickly, medium runners will face a wait about equal to what it is now, and more experienced runners will have spend a long time while their body recovers from the trauma of death.
Low level runners will be able to worry less about dying, and older runners will have to be much more careful.

IDEA 2: Perks. (remember Fallout?) I think a perks or similar system could help to break up all the cookie cutter characters that exist. Two runners could have identical stats, but by choosing a few different perks they could have radically different characters. Please feel free to suggest some perks. I envision each perk having a desirable effect and a significant downside to balance it. For example: a Sharpshooter skill, which would double the damage caused by using a sniper rifle, but half the damage from all other weapons; Marathon man, runner has double endurance but their runspeed is reduced etc.

IDEA 3: Ghillie suits. These are coveralls with a mesh "skin" to which disruptive materials can be attached, allowing RL snipers and hunters to fire from cover whilst remaining extremely difficult to detect. In game, I envisage a stealth like effect which would prevent the firer being seen from more than a few metres provided they remain stationary. The wearer would be able to fire from concealment, but would not be detected by the "scan the area with your aiming circle until a big box appears over your adversary ". They would only be seen if their opponent actively hunted them. To compensate for this firing ability, the wearer would have no armour protection from the suit, and it would severly restrict ATH and AGL, to simulate the fact that the runner is festooned with pieces of foliage and other material which restricts movement. Removing the suit would incur an SI penalty, to simulate the act of disentagling oneself from your cover. This would make the sniper deadly, but only if they stayed still, which would make snipers more realistic than their current "big damage slow reload gun=a sniper" incarnation.

What little tweaks would everyone else like for Neocron? Please don't cover all the "nerfing " areas, this is just for simple ideas to tweak NC, rather than balancing issues.

Marx
04-09-03, 19:07
1.) Don't really like it, because I'll be one of those really inconvenienced people.

:D

2.) Love the idea (Fallout = teh win)

3.)Interesting, though many (those who get killed :rolleyes:)wouldn't like it

:(

Clothing_Option
04-09-03, 19:18
Originally posted by Marx
1.) Don't really like it, because I'll be one of those really inconvenienced people.

:D

2.) Love the idea (Fallout = teh win)

3.)Interesting, though many (those who get killed :rolleyes:)wouldn't like it

:(

marx i was just wondering why arent you ever proposing radical new ideas to liven up the game?

Marx
04-09-03, 19:52
Because...

1.) I spend more time playing the game than browsing these forums. (the joy of 2 computers)

2.) I spent my peace in my fight for better melee coverage. You can thank me for pushing the idea of Melee PA.

:rolleyes:

link (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62530&highlight=melee+wish+list)

Syntax-Error
04-09-03, 19:57
1) HATE IT

2) LOVE IT - get this in there asap! <*****

3) HATE IT

hmm. my oppinion like it or lump it :P