PDA

View Full Version : Should KK pay Lupus?

Shadow Dancer
04-09-03, 15:22
Lupus works hard and should be paid!

:D

Lupus>GMs

*gets flamed by GMs* :p

Style
04-09-03, 15:24
lupus should be a lead developer

\\Fényx//
04-09-03, 15:26
Originally posted by Style
lupus should be a lead developer

lupus as a dev? no, he tests the stuff, not make the stuff or code it o_O

uhm, thats why he's QA no ?!?

element[]
04-09-03, 15:32
lupus who?

Archeus
04-09-03, 15:34
Is Lupus an employee? or voluntray? If the latter then no.

The 'no' has nothing to do with Lupus. It would cause more problems then it would fix.

Brammers
One other person of note who should be paid if he isn't - Callash.

Heavyporker
Lupus is d@ |&0XX0r.

enablerbr
i imagine when KK can pay it's parttime GM's and the like they will do. as you've seen things are tight atm.

Rizzy
Lupus does good work for the community but that is because his job involves it. Alot of other people do work behind the scenes that isnt recognised as much because it doesnt involve presenting stuff to people. However, lupus does indeed own and does his job exceptionally well. Pay him and fire Mr.bast. ;)

Cyphor
04-09-03, 15:35
Originally posted by Brammers
One other person of note who should be paid if he isn't - Callash.

Id support that one too :angel:

Style
i was saying it as a joke :confused:

take things seriously :)

Rizzy
afaik callash is paid :p

\\Fényx//
04-09-03, 15:38
Originally posted by Rizzy
afaik callash is paid :p

what for?

cmon jern when are ya gonna snap over the delays to Spy PA, I WANNA SEE YOU CURST FOR ONCE, fucker...

.Cyl0n
04-09-03, 15:44
yup lupus is da man :)

he should be paid !

.cy

Dirus
04-09-03, 15:52
Being paid is always nice.

However theres alot of GM's that do alot of work behind the scenes that isn't seen by the public. I'm just in a position where I can be more public as to what I'm working on.

I don't do much in the way of in-game support anymore which is the main focus of the rest of the GM Team.

And yes \\Fényx// I do mess with the code from time to time, more so lately then before.

But still I won't object to pay :p

alig
04-09-03, 15:53
They should take away alot of GM's and keep the really good ones and pay them wages......look at venus, that server r0x but its in French :(

ZoneVortex
04-09-03, 15:58
Ah fret not, hopefully new income with DoY will mean Lupus can feed his family once again...

Syntax-Error
04-09-03, 16:07
I still think of all people callash needs some pay :D he works damn hard to. and infact i find him more willing to sort the game than "other" people (i wont say names) But of all people Callash has most respect from me. (followed by arbiter, Penzius and carbonite)

Archeus
04-09-03, 16:16
o_O

Every GM I have met in game has been pretty sound, and very civil. They all get respect IMHO.

Omnituens
04-09-03, 16:19
LUPUS FOR PREZ!

lupus is the daddy of the test server.

jernau
04-09-03, 16:38
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
cmon jern when are ya gonna snap over the delays to Spy PA, I WANNA SEE YOU CURST FOR ONCE, fucker...

"Curst"? Tell me what it is and I'll think about it ;).

OT - I'd vote for paying the man. He certainly puts in the hours, that's for sure.

LTA
04-09-03, 16:40
Why do i get the feeling that lupus is reading this thread with a rather large smile.....

"Excelllent... See martin they love me... they want me paid.... payz0r me now!!"

QuantumDelta
04-09-03, 16:43
hehe, hell yes ;)

Omnituens
04-09-03, 16:43
lupus ranks high in my books coz he listens to my ideas.

w00t.

*PM's him my idea about giving all users called 'Omnituens' free accounts*

KidWithStick
04-09-03, 16:46
sorry, dont get me wrong...but im guessing if KK had enough money they already would pay him/ most of the good GM's.

im sure there already on a pretty tight budget, since so many people left the game

Elric
04-09-03, 16:50
Lupus does a great job considering the fact that he is a volunteer. The balance is a major aspect of the game and should technically be a part of the Developers role. Lupus most definately deserves something for the time effort and damn good work he's put in over the last few months. At least he has the support and goodwill of the community, as does Callash, to keep him smiling. If I were him, I would be right now.

\\Fényx//
04-09-03, 16:52
Originally posted by jernau
"Curst"? Tell me what it is and I'll think about it ;).

OT - I'd vote for paying the man. He certainly puts in the hours, that's for sure.

bleh CURSE !

Judge
04-09-03, 16:59
I'm hoping that after DoY comes out and if things pick up then KK will be able to pay some GMs and Mods a bit :D

They definitely deserve it :)

Shadow Dancer
04-09-03, 17:47
I made this thread because I feel his involvement and work have gone beyond that of a "volunteer".

And I should be paid too. Dunno why, but I should.

C'mon more people should vote yes, maybe I can change the title to "should parashock be removed". :p

Oath
04-09-03, 17:50
Yeha, good guy. works hard, should be paid.

Oath.

BramTops
04-09-03, 17:53
Originally posted by element[]
lupus who?
x2 :D

\\Fényx//
04-09-03, 18:18
one thing that Lupus did do badly was take away all of Phoenix Ltd's cool shit, yet theres the ''ConstClub'' on another server o_O apparently with its own copbots in there and stuff including vendors. Kinda tame compared to a few cabs, a turret and 2 spider sentrys o_O Yet its perfectly fine on the other server *COUGH*

Dirus
04-09-03, 18:21
one thing that Lupus did do badly was take away all of Phoenix Ltd's cool shit, yet theres the ''ConstClub'' on another server o_O apparently with its own copbots in there and stuff including vendors. Kinda tame compared to a few cabs, a turret and 2 spider sentrys o_O Yet its perfectly fine on the other server *COUGH*

I didn't take away anything. I came across the apartment, no one knew why it was done except for the people who did it. I informed KK the apartment existed. KK decided it wasn't within the rules and had it changed. As for apartment on other servers talk to KK not me. I have no say in anything like that.

\\Fényx//
04-09-03, 18:27
Originally posted by Lupus
I didn't take away anything. I came across the apartment, no one knew why it was done except for the people who did it. I informed KK the apartment existed. KK decided it wasn't within the rules and had it changed. As for apartment on other servers talk to KK not me. I have no say in anything like that.

ok fair do's i just remember the thread where it seemed like you were the one that had it all removed. Yet KK still dont seem botherd by the constclub. Granted the constclub was done thru the faction guys, but isnt that what phoenix did no ? Where is the difference in the 2 cases ?!?

[Edit] No offence lupus, you do a great job, and if at the end of the day you had no direct say on if Phoenix's stuff stayed or went, I still feel it is totally double standard baving one of them removed cause of the ''advantage'' of 3 extra cabs, where as the ''constclub'' has apparently got the vendor's there next to them, probably some mutual access cabinets and apparently copbot's there o_O !

Syntax-Error
04-09-03, 18:42
Anyway KK decided they didnt wana piss ppl off (summat happend that day.. something strnage)

So they didnt remove the cabs. just the secuirty. (meaning we now have DarK Camping the door waiting for people to logon. sad sad ppl DarK)

xkorpio
04-09-03, 18:44
Hey KK, pay those guys!!!...

What about Neocron subscription up to the 2010!!! :D

Archeus
04-09-03, 18:45
Pheonix apartment is worlds apart in comparision to the construction club.

Construction club was for everyone, although it never happened if any other traders set up shop in Phoenix they they would gotten flack from the locals, ignored or killed (as they are a clan).

So dark camp the door? Well then hire security for the shop if you want to roleplay a shop.

Brammers
04-09-03, 18:47

Erm no Lupus did not take away our cool stuff - he reported our apartment. Also we no longer have the turrets and 2 spider sentrys - just the furniture. :)

Marx
04-09-03, 18:49
DoY+Does well=X

X variable=(Payed GM/staff?)

:confused:

Brammers
04-09-03, 18:52
Originally posted by Archeus
Pheonix apartment is worlds apart in comparision to the construction club.

Construction club was for everyone, although it never happened if any other traders set up shop in Phoenix they they would gotten flack from the locals, ignored or killed (as they are a clan).

So dark camp the door? Well then hire security for the shop if you want to roleplay a shop.

And guess who logged out at the store, only to wake up outside next to a couple of Dark monk... :wtf:

Dont worry - we have our security mesaures - there is a high price to pay for killing the Chief Engineer. 8|

Anyway back on topic... Pay Lupus! :)

Mingerroo
04-09-03, 18:58
I dunno about Lupus, but if Callash doesn't get paid then he should :)

Clothing_Option
04-09-03, 19:22
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Lupus works hard and should be paid!

Lupus>GMs

*gets flamed by GMs* :p

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - off topic, trolling ]

Syntax-Error
04-09-03, 19:26
Its called a Caps lock key, use it

FBI
04-09-03, 19:29
There's alot of people that should be paid, Lupus is just one of them.

Archeus
04-09-03, 19:32
After reading the post on the RPG forum I'd say pay Nid. Poor chap has to read all the crap just to delete it.

Syntax-Error
04-09-03, 19:51
I dont think the MODs work on the RP forums. the onyl 2 times ive seen one is after ive asked to have my thread closed. TBH i think we need seperate MODs for RP forum. the poor guys have enough crap to deal with on the community forum.

Sokaris
04-09-03, 20:01
I totally agree that Lupus should be paid.

He puts in countless hours making table and so much other stuff that isn't recognised that he has no need to do.

He has fulfilled his role and doubled it ten times over what he was originally set out to do. He puts more of the games true interests at heart and takes more concerns over the balance of the way things should truely work.

If anyone that was not being paid right now should be it's him by far. He knows his job and does it well and there is no reason not to give the man a lil gratification.

Nidhogg
04-09-03, 20:07
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
I dont think the MODs work on the RP forums. One of the reasons we are taking on new mods is to give the RP forums better coverage.

N

Marx
04-09-03, 20:08
Just stick 'em all on Pluto RP.

Thats where the most flamage goes on anyway.

\\Fényx//
04-09-03, 20:12
Originally posted by Marx
Just stick 'em all on Pluto RP.

Thats where the most flamage goes on anyway.

the #1 reason why I stay away from there :lol: because ill only do myself more harm and end up with yet another ban *sigh*

Shadow Dancer
04-09-03, 20:14
Originally posted by Nidhogg
One of the reasons we are taking on new mods is to give the RP forums better coverage.

N

Why does the test forum server have 50 thousand mods?

lol

\\Fényx//
04-09-03, 20:15
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Why does the test forum server have 50 thousand mods?

lol

Its where they all Hide. Well most are Dev's aswell if you look closer :p

[Edit] BAH, AGAIN! Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 60 seconds

shuddup Ren :p

REMUS
04-09-03, 23:44
i voted yes, reasons have been previously listed tho

PsiCorps
05-09-03, 02:47
If one GM is paid, the others will want pay (voulenteers) which leads to people filing complaints within the gm community. In other games volenteers had to be "laid Off" even though they wered paid, as they wanted pay.. this ended up with volenteers were no longer support and really came down heavy on paid staff, even though we all loved the volenteers, dont get me wrong, Lupus rox

SirSensi
05-09-03, 03:03
I remeber when I met Lupus... in MC5 on Saturn, I was the only TG Runner there and he just appeared behind me... and I was humbled from that moment on... :)
And Callash... pay that man as well, during an OP fight, after we were all victorious, he came in and burned everyone, I still have the screens of that tucked neatly away on my HDD ;)

All-in-all I voted to pay them :D

nonamebrandeggs
05-09-03, 04:08
Lupus = r0x0r = Canadian > USA = Some NC players = sux0r.

kthx :p

Drexel
05-09-03, 04:49
Ok, a renumeration that KK could handle for the Mods & helpers.

All voulenteers should recieve in-game Luxury appartments for their playing characters (not their GM/helper characters).

& ONLY the volinteers could own these. EVER.

Im talking multi level mother fuckers with everything you could ever want (even your own crytons... oh & strippers).

A little design time & implementation & hopefully something unique to make them feel their time is appreciated.

& once dynamic objects come back these would be bitchn appartments that they could charge addmission just for the rest of us plebs to see.

(do you see what I did there, the the way I managed to sneek in a request for dynamic objects into what was a supposed to be a sinceer thanks to the voulenteers {gotta learn to spell})