PDA

View Full Version : Stamina and Rifle Firing Bugged?

s0apy
04-09-03, 14:52
now then. as you probably know, if you circle-strafe with a rifle, constantly firing, your stamina will drop to near-nothing quite fast. the idea of this is that, once it gets to a certain low point (around 8 or so), bad things start to happen to you. and rightly so. however, i'm not certain if some of these things are intended, or are just bugs, and i AM certain that at least one of the bad things IS a bug.

1) your movement speed will slow considerably at very low STA. which is fine and expected.

2) your gun will continually reload after firing one or two bursts (clip at 21 or 24 shots remaining). well - somethings gotta give i guess, but the reload is not really an intuitive result of low STA. i'd have thought a reduced RoF, but perhaps this is the visual representation we get (after all, continually reloading instead of firing DOES slow down RoF quite badly).

3) sometimes your gun will not fire at all.

now then, this is the one i have a real problem with:

4) once/if you get to "gun will not fire at all" you will, even if you stand still and recover STA to max or at least enough to make you think you should be able to continue, you WILL NOT be able to fire your weapon. it just sits there like a large metal turd and refuses to fire despite repeated jabbings at the fire button.

this last isn't lag - i've tried it alone in my appy, paying careful watch on my ping and fps, and can reproduce this problem.

the only way to make your gun work again is to equip something else, then re-equip the gun. then it will magically begin working again.

of course, unless you've been shooting up your appy when this occured, you will most likely be dead, or close-to, by the time you get yourself back in order.

so.

1) has this happened to you?
2) is this a bug?

i've died too often to this dang thing, and believe me there is nothing worse than getting an opponent to 10HP and then standing there like a huge turd-carrying statue of shite while you try and get your fooking pain easer to fire. if nothing else i have now got 3 mice with cracked casings, having hurled them across the room followed by a stream of curses, profane epithets and really-bad-swears that would make a gangsta-rapper blush and satan himself run for the safety of his mothers bosom.

arggggggggggggggghhh.

if this is really the way things are meant to be, i'm switching to pistols forthwith. life is hard enough as a rifle PE, what with everyone laughing at you the whole time, without being additionally hamstrung by the fact that your weapon can completely jam up on you as though filled with a mixture of sticky jam and the gloopy, curse-ed cowpats from the devils own SATANIC HERD.

can you tell i'm pissed?

ps. srry for long post and extended rant.

Scikar
04-09-03, 15:01
It's been happening to me for ages as a tank. Our stamina drops even faster than yours, since cannons burn 10 stamina every shot. A SpeedGun drains your stamina bar in a matter of seconds.

I've never had a problem with my PE but mostly that's just because I've spent ages as my tank so popping stams is second nature.

cracky
04-09-03, 15:02
The stop firing thing happens to me all the time, the only fix for it I've found is putting the rifle away and pulling it back out.

Lucjan
04-09-03, 15:09
Same here, re-equipping the weapon is the only solution that does really work. It should most definetly be considered a bug.

The reload thing when out of stamina isnt nice too. Gun not firing would be ok, but some guns just take a long time to reload and during that time you have no influence on what is happening :-(

Progenitor
04-09-03, 15:23
Only played a Tank for a little while, but: Stamina boosters.

Don't let the pool get low.

-p

Lucjan
04-09-03, 15:36
Originally posted by Progenitor
Only played a Tank for a little while, but: Stamina boosters.

Don't let the pool get low.

-p

Thanks a lot for that advice. Now I can see the light again :rolleyes: