PDA

View Full Version : DoY and Patches

Psychoninja
04-09-03, 04:55
This just crossed my mind. Quick question for the mods/devs.
(I know this most likely won't be answered :rolleyes: but it's worth a shot.)

Will all the patches pre-DoY be included in the expansion. By that I mean, if I reinstall NC and then install DoY will I still have to manually install all the patches, or will the patches be bundled into the expansion. It would be a good move for you guys if you haven't thought of it or considered it, we already have enough patches to download and install, might as well make it easier on everyone and start fresh.

alig
04-09-03, 05:00
If its gunna come DoY ready then i assume they probably will have it fully patched, no? :confused:

Drexel
04-09-03, 05:03
The way I see it, DoY IS a patch.

It will only be an expansion disk for new people.

Psychoninja
04-09-03, 05:05
DoY is an expansion/add-on to the game. Just like all those Everquest expansions. It's not a patch.

Marx
04-09-03, 05:08
To me its just a patch.

me says, "Wow, with this patch we get a new city! WINNAR!1"

(shrugs)

I hope it gets a nice influx of new players.

Psychoninja
04-09-03, 05:37
Let me rephrase my question because I get a feeling some of you don't understand it. Will all the patches be combined into one and put into DoY so we don't need to install every single one every time we reinstall, or someone starts playing the game....

Marzola
04-09-03, 05:39
Originally posted by Psychoninja
Let me rephrase my question because I get a feeling some of you don't understand it. Will all the patches be combined into one and put into DoY so we don't need to install every single one every time we reinstall, or someone starts playing the game....

Well, that is what would make sence, but this is KK were talking about, so....

f8l3rr0r
04-09-03, 05:41
I believe that DoY Expansion 'is' a patch which is available as a download estimated around 250 mb or so'ish. And it will also be available on CD to order for a price for those of you who are not on broadband. That was listed from a post in my memory I believe Martin J posted a topic about this already it's a sticky in here if I remember correctly somthing about clearing up rumors for doy and the rest blah blah blah?

f8l3rr0r
04-09-03, 05:44
If that didn't answer your question D, let me put it in lang you will understand.

Ja, Sí, Oui, yes you moron it's one file!

f8l3rr0r
04-09-03, 05:46
After effects of this conversation:

Psychoninja says:
should I keel you now or later?
f8l3rr0r says:
wait.
Psychoninja says:
ok I keel you later
f8l3rr0r says:
ok
f8l3rr0r says: