PDA

View Full Version : Please fix Neocron Launcher

Catmanoct
04-09-03, 04:16
I'm reinstalling NC after a routine disk format. The reinstallation of game files took less that 20 minutes. I've been trying to get the patches to work right for the past 2 hours. Yes, I've deleted the whole patch 159/160 thing, and am currently fighting patches 185/186.

KK. Fix this mess please. It's a big problem not only for existing NC players, but new players as well who may not know about the deleting patches runaround.

ZoneVortex
04-09-03, 04:26
Word.

Ryuben
04-09-03, 04:40
186 is same as 160 patch bug delete one before it and it works a treat :D

J a y
04-09-03, 08:10
DOWNLOAD THE UPDATED LAUNCHER BEFORE UPDATING. its on that page ffs...

msdong
04-09-03, 08:11
get the freakin D/L Version ..

shend
04-09-03, 08:15
reinstalling has sadly become my speciality so :

save the patchmap somewhere else
reinstall the game
replace the old patch map by the one u've saved somewhere else
delete patch 159 and 184

go baby go

that works for me evry time:p

Mighty Max
04-09-03, 08:27
And/Or dont use your saved up patches!

How can KK fix sthg on your Harddrive? The patches you dl at KK are already with the fixed launcher afaik.

neophotographer
04-09-03, 08:41
I think someone already mentioned it, but I'm going to again just because this is always annoying to me.

Why do you people have to be complete idiots? I mean come on. read the damn launcher page and stop telling everyone to delete the damn patch they already downloaded once. the start page TELLS YOU TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW LAUNCHER! I mean come on people. I think we all learned it in 1st or 2nd grade to read the instructions when we wanted to do something.

Stacey

jernau
04-09-03, 10:27
He did use the new laucher - I know as I was trying to help him over MSN at the time.

We went over ALL the tricks for getting it up and running and tbh I'm flumoxed now. When I logged off last night I thought it was sorted but this morning I have an email saying he still couldn't get it working :(

The setup/launcher is a really really serious problem. Not everyone has more experienced players to fall back on for help (even then that doesn't always help :confused: )- they just expect it to work like all their other games. I'm sure this is where >50% of the Download Version users ended their days - long before they even saw the MC5 fiasco.

Catmanoct
04-09-03, 15:58
Yes, please, I didn't post this to hear flames of all these "read the instructions" replies and such. I am aware of downloading the Updated Launcher FIRST, and deleting the correct patches. I was posting this to get some support that maybe some of the guys in charge will see so that this becomes a priority. I realize as well that this has been brought up before, but it's an issue that doesn't need to stay dead.

Please, if you're going to respond I don't need to read flames and such of people being annoyed by seeing a familiar topic. You don't agree or it bothers you, don't reply.

Thank you.

Jesterthegreat
04-09-03, 16:02
Originally posted by J a y

aye... the 'US Launcher' i think its called... works a treat, stops all patch bugs

Syntax-Error
04-09-03, 16:03
Yep this is already fixed. just download the updated launcher ignore the fact it says US version. cos there is no other version :P

Catmanoct
04-09-03, 16:07
In addition, for everyone's information, the Updated Launcher I downloaded in the very beginning keeps giving me an error message. When I open it up, I put in the IP Addy for the server, then it gives me this message to input the Neocron CD1 Disc. I can put this disc in and click ok but the message just disappears and comes back. If I hit cancel, then it doesn't return to the launcher, it just crashes back to desktop.

This updated launcher is the one I downloaded off of the NC Launcher that pops up when you double click the main play NC icon. If there is a new launcher, other than the US Launcher Patch, I'd like to know.

Thanks again

Jesterthegreat
04-09-03, 16:10
ik had thbat once before... run the file directly, rather than shortcut fixed it... or something... was a stupid bug that i fixed by accident

neophotographer
04-09-03, 16:13
as for this topic, yes I agree it should be fixed, but you can't really fix it since it came with the game originally. to get it fixed they'll probably have to wait until the new version of neocron with DOY comes out. hopefully it'll be fixed then. :)

Stacey

Omnituens
04-09-03, 17:03
I would like to point out that I have tried to get the new launcher before patching.

it didnt help.

why doesnt KK add an auto detect to the launcher version, so it can be updated fully and automatically before patching of the game itself begins?

Mighty Max
04-09-03, 17:12
Delete your patch directory,

GET THE FUCKING PATCHES FROM THE OFFICIAL FTP

and it just runs. The prob are patches way back. They got fixed by KK, but when you still use the packets you DLed a year ago, you will encounter this error (since you try to DL a patch of 2003 with the 2002 launcher)

Nothing of an error. (yeah i know it may take more then 20mins then for the installation + DL, but it freaking saves you the other 2 hours)

MjukisDjur
04-09-03, 17:39
Originally posted by J a y

Yea, how fucking hard can this be? :)

Install game, download mega patches from your favorite download place, download updated launcher, restart it about 5-10 times as it asks. Done

BramTops
04-09-03, 17:57
see sig... :D

(not that it corrects this problem... may include a checker in the future...)

(sorry... just couldnt resist.... The Launcher is my "domain" :D:D:D)

((((((yes, i'm drunk....)))))

Tregard
04-09-03, 21:40
@Catmanoct - this is a problem I've seen before for myself. There should be a file in your Neocron directory called "_nlsp.exe" (note the underscore in front). Run this file to correctly update the launcher and get it working.

@Everyone flaming Catmanoct - GET A GRIP!
Yeesh. This is a problem that crops up. It doesn't always finish updating and renaming the nlsp.exe file so even if you DO get the updated launcher, it doesn't work right.

Sorry for getting testy....I'll go take a cold bath now.:p