PDA

View Full Version : An Idea (by me)

Lexxuk
04-09-03, 02:54
Ok, so I was thinking recently about "Rare's". So far, we have rare weaponry, rare drones, rare chips, and a semi-rare car (the Next epic item). We have rare spell's, and soon a rare glove, even rare bones and drugs. What we dont have however, is rare armour. So, I was thinking about this, and come to the conclusion, there should be some.

My Idea...

-The Story-

Long ago, there was an armour, an armour so powerful, it could only be worn by the most powerful of runners. Legend has it, the armour could only be made by the best constructors, and was made up of item's so rare, the armour would hardly ever be found. The method of constructing this armour, was long forgotten to the world, lost in the midst's of time, until now. Modern science, with old world writings, have managed to recreate a version of this armour, not as powerful as in the old days, but still, the most powerful of armour's.

Right, thats the story out of the way. The armour, dunno what to call it "Bloke Down Pub Who Look's Damn Hard" armour, or summit, anyway, its a very rare armour, and its requirements would be, 1st and 2nd main skill's capped. For a PE, thats Dex and Con, for a Spy, Int and Dex, a tank, Con and Str, and for a PSI Monk, Int and PSI (ya, int :( ). No "str/dex" restrictions, just a "base cap" resistriction (you cant use it with 99 Dex and implants for instance).

Now, to make the armour (this is the cool bit, coz its rare), you need :-

Viper King - Add's poison resist
Titan Armour - Add's pierce resist (not fire no)
Energy Soul Blade - Add's force resist
STORM Laser - Add's Energy resist
FlameQueen - Add's Fire resist
BatQueen Bones - Add's your X-Ray (summit has to)

That would make the skeleton of the armour, still unwearable. Now, you got to make it specific to your class/skill, so, how dya do that? Well, you add the Lvl 4 Power Armour.

So, say your a tank, you get all 7 rare parts, and the Lvl 4 HC PA, give them to a tl 200+ constructor, and you get back, the rare Tank HC Power Armour, which is equivilent of PA 4 in the +'s (and gives 50% of the Pos/Nrg/Xry/Fir resist that viper does in addition to its normal resist from the armour), but with 0 minus's (except for the opposing skill, i.e. for HC would be Melee). You could also build on that, with like a Lvl 3 (+5) Str chip, or for Dex a Lvl 3 Dex, psi lvl 3 psi etc.

Then you have your rare armour, which can only be worn by a char capped in 2 of the main subskills (except PE's, they need to be 100% capped, because they are easiest class to cap). It would give drop rare's some value other than "ohh, dont it look pretty" and would give people something to do, AND with the Titan bein, well, rare O_o the lvl 5 armour would be very very rare, very class specific, and you could even make it glow, or twirl or something really cool.

\\Fényx//
04-09-03, 02:58
I gotta say it lexx, but for once, you have a FUCKING GOOD idea 8|

Man that would be like a big ass mission. would bump up the exonomy a little aswell considering youll need all those parts plus it will make some of the ''boss mob'' hunting grounds more populated. Would also give me a reason to cap my tanks CON

Main thing is tho when you say 2 main stats capped would that be including imps, so STR and CON 100 on a tank WITH imps. If you mean BASE stats then youll NEVER see any monks wearing it. mostly PE's infact as theres still few tanks with base 100 CON and few spie's with BASE 100 INT.

AfterDark
04-09-03, 02:59
um. Isn't this was power armor is for?

Lexxuk
04-09-03, 03:06
@ Fenix - no, it has to be base level, which means KK would have to fix PSI's int somewhat, but this is the most powerful armour, worn only by the most powerful, not the most powerful, worn by someone with drugs n chips.

@ BeforeLight - no, they ent rare, they are shop bought, as I assume all the PA's will be.

RayBob
04-09-03, 03:34
I think someone told me once that KK was planning on adding slots to armor some day. Whether it's slotted armor or rare armor I am for anything that makes it harder to kill someone.

One of the things I like about this game, is that it usually takes time to kill an enemy. There is no goofy one shot kill like in many FPSs. You actually have time to try different things and adjust your tactics during a duel.

Ray

CR@SH
04-09-03, 03:48
Top notch idea i believe it would give someone something to really look forward too in their endgame char. I really dunno so much about the resist's of the other armors(would be way overpowered) so it would almost be mandatory that you have to make a suit of this armor. But the idea about adding a implant to the armor to further boost it up is very cool. I'm just picturing Tank PA 4 with a mc5 hercules added into to it :eek:

Why were on the subject of armor why not add in something like a slot enhancer that when used with two pieces of armor you could combine them into one piece of armor with the requirements of the new armor being the highest TL one.

FBI
04-09-03, 04:11
Merging armors would make them very heavy too :)

...but that's a brilliant idea.

As for lex's idea, they would just need a quest type thing where
a npc asks for each of these items and then when u give him the
last one, he hands over the new armor.

anyway, i say leave armor as it is. They need to add slots and
that's pretty much all they need.

Ryuben
04-09-03, 04:48
Originally posted by FBI

anyway, i say leave armor as it is. They need to add slots and
that's pretty much all they need.

as forum noob its my place to say

WTF u going to put in armour slots o_O

this is neocron not diablo where person with best items wins ffs, oohhhh i got 5 slot PA i can mod it with x-ray, fire, energy, posion AND have a flash light modded into it i am so uber

:rolleyes:

Marzola
04-09-03, 05:23
I like the idea. It would give capped characters something to do! And also give me an excuse to get off my lazy ass and go cap my con (i'm thinking chaos cave runs or hireing a PPU to come to my apt while I have some fun with my mal).

SigmaDraconis
04-09-03, 05:44
seems too powerful and too ellaborate :P besides Titan is there only by the whim of a bored GM...and soulblades r teh GHEY to get :(

not to mention every PE get into it far too easily..and monks cant get into it period :\

id rather just see slotted armours mods that would add 5 MAX to any type of damage but stackable meaning u can put 2-5 of the same mod in

or somethign like

Advanced Energy Field Adaptor +8 ENR
Intermediate Energy Field Adaptor +5 ENR
Basic Energy Field Adaptor +3 ENR
Advanced Thermal Shield Adaptor +8 FIR
Intermediate Thermal Shield Adaptor +5 FIR
Basic Thermal Shield Adaptor +3 FIR

and then some split mods like..

Radiation Protective Modulation +5 POR , +5 XRR
Thermal Protective Modulation +5 FIR , +5 ENR
Ballistic Protective Modulation +5 FOR , +5 PRC

and then the basic..

Advanced Deflective Plating +8 PRC
Intermediate Deflective Plating +5 PRC
Basic Deflective Plating +3 PRC
Advanced Kinetic Absorbtion Inserts +20 FOR
Intermediate Kinetic Absorbtion Inserts +12 FOR
Basic Kinetic Absorbtion Inserts +8 FOR

Opps cant forget the

Armour-Ultima +10 FOR , +10 ENR , +8 PRC , +8 FIR , +5 POR , +5 XRR

Marzola
04-09-03, 05:46
yea, if armors eventually get slots, their bonuses shouldn't be too much, because that would just fuck up the balance between veterans vs n00bs and we would get n00bs bitching on the forums non-stop :rolleyes:

SigmaDraconis
04-09-03, 05:49
not really..think about it as it is slotted weapons are hundreds times better then store baught...this just puts armour on the same scale :P also gives us high level players more to do...hard enough getting all 5 slotted spells..now we need armour too :P

OH OH time AND money sink..cmon KK u know u luv it

Lucjan
04-09-03, 14:18
Slots for armor and possibilites to use resist mods on it would add really much to the game, same goes for Lexxuk's rare armor.

The resist mods should be really very low, giving +8 to something seems to be too much already (at least it does when we assume those are the normal armors just with the creation of slots, like Inqisition Vest 4 with +21 in fire protection from mods on top of the existing 41 fire).
Anyway, the point shouldnt be to create armors that a superior to the existing shop ones, but the primary goal should be to make armors that are better adjusted to the resist setups of runners.

Lexxuk
04-09-03, 14:30
Ahh, thats the beauty of this armour Luc, it wont overpower any class.

Tank's would be.. (from neocron.ems.ru)

Ultimate Powersuit Tangent v X-256a (nrg) 47 (frc) 55 (prc) 55
Gives H-C+16 STR+8
Takes ATL-30 DEX -8 (current)

With the Rare armour....

Rare Tank HC Armour (nrg) 47+18 (fir) 18 (pos) 18 (xry) 18 (frc) 55+18 (pierce) 55+18
Gives H-C+16 STR+8
Takes Melee -32 (double the HC bonus)

Doesnt have the monk one there, but, the monk armour would be the same, its resists would go up 50% of Viper resist (in all stats) which would be 18, it would also gives Monk's some force/pierce resist (which would be nice for them).

PE's however, would only get 30% or *less* resist bonus from the armour, keeping them in line with their "not bein able to use the best, get the best" cause I dont want to see PE's over powered thru armour.

Lucjan
04-09-03, 14:48
With the overpower thing I had the armor mods for the slot idea in mind.

I think these two ideas should be combined anyway.

Frotto
04-09-03, 14:53
Originally posted by Lexxuk
... and its requirements would be, 1st and 2nd main skill's capped. For a PE, thats Dex and Con, for a Spy, Int and Dex, a tank, Con and Str, and for a PSI Monk, Int and PSI (ya, int :( ). No "str/dex" restrictions, just a "base cap" resistriction (you cant use it with 99 Dex and implants for instance).

I have to ask... why do pe's get to use this armor? They are supposed to be the jack of all trades, good at all, master of none. So why should the "average nc citizen" get to use this great and powerful armor? Thats just my opinion and I know a good flaming is in order, but its honestly what I think. So why should the PE get to use this armor? I think they have enough armor. (mid level of every type of armor. and viper/titan)

But i do think that this is a good idea and I do think that they need to fix Monk int learning rates. Or just the monk learning rates as a whole.... no class's main skill should learn at 66%(no specialized class atleast).

-F

\\Fényx//
04-09-03, 15:40
Originally posted by Frotto
I have to ask... why do pe's get to use this armor? They are supposed to be the jack of all trades, good at all, master of none. So why should the "average nc citizen" get to use this great and powerful armor? Thats just my opinion and I know a good flaming is in order, but its honestly what I think. So why should the PE get to use this armor? I think they have enough armor. (mid level of every type of armor. and viper/titan)

But i do think that this is a good idea and I do think that they need to fix Monk int learning rates. Or just the monk learning rates as a whole.... no class's main skill should learn at 66%(no specialized class atleast).

-F

The PE's version is a ''toned down'' version compared to the other classes. This is because as you say, they are apparently JOATS, Personally you cant give 3 classes it and not the PE's. This would be a ''end game'' reward for killing all the boss mob's and considering PE's cap lightspeed then its taking their fun away too.

alig
04-09-03, 15:58
Bring it on :D my tanks capped both main skillz :lol:

/rates thread 5 stars

Lexxuk
04-09-03, 16:21
Originally posted by Frotto

If you look at the PE, and then look at the items needed, you'll notice something...

BQ Chest = 50 STR, BQ Arm = 45 STR, Viper King = 60 STR, Titan = 55 STR, Eny Soul Blade = 90 STR, STORM Laser = 90 STR.

With drugs and implants, a PE can use every single one of them, ok, not the Laser and Blade at the same time, but still, so, what could be the logical reason for not letting PE's have this armour, which for the PE class, would be toned down anyhow?

@ Luc - Slotted armour, I dunno, the armour itself would be 120/120 artifact, only thing slots could do, would be to boost resists, and with a 5 slotter, thats Fire/Nrg/Xray/Pos/Pierce for a tank, probably Force and Pierce for a monk, really taking away any weakness's that the class has, so I'm not really convinced of the slot's thing, cause every class needs a weakness of some sort or another.

Lucjan
04-09-03, 17:35
Originally posted by Lexxuk

@ Luc - Slotted armour, I dunno, the armour itself would be 120/120 artifact, only thing slots could do, would be to boost resists, and with a 5 slotter, thats Fire/Nrg/Xray/Pos/Pierce for a tank, probably Force and Pierce for a monk, really taking away any weakness's that the class has, so I'm not really convinced of the slot's thing, cause every class needs a weakness of some sort or another.

Yep, that was the reason why I wrote that those suggested mod values in SigmaDraconis' post where too high. Keeping them low would allow people to "adjust" their armor into a certain direction their want without removing their weaknesses.
But maybe we should keep these two ideas completely separated with SigmaDraconis making an thread on his own *hint*

Still, me loves the rare armor idea :-)

SigmaDraconis
05-09-03, 02:42
yes they r a bit high...but they could also do something like cap armours at 3 slots :P

BTW ill pop my thread in the Bport someday when i get off my arse.