PDA

View Full Version : Open Question about Mob Uniques

Heavyporker
04-09-03, 01:08
I want to know this - if that patch hits - will all mob uniques currently in player possession be upgraded in quality to what they would drop at, or will we all have to throw out the old ones, even the 3 or 4 slotted ones, and start all over?

I ask because I cringe at the idea of finding enough people brave enough to help me in the apparition cave (yes, I'm apu, that doesnt mean the energy soulblade isnt commercially viable)

Plus, I have a couple niec 3 slotters that would be a shame to throw out after the luck involved in getting them.

Ryuben
04-09-03, 02:17
Originally posted by Heavyporker
I ask because I cringe at the idea of finding enough people brave enough to help me in the apparition cave (yes, I'm apu, that doesnt mean the energy soulblade isnt commercially viable)

u know i tried it once in there and u know what i found all my tank weapons hit the water and as no matter where i stood i was always in it, it hurt me. any ways carry on

Scikar
04-09-03, 02:20
It is more than likely that the ones people already have will not have their quality changed.

Spoon
04-09-03, 06:43

Are you sure the EnergySoul blades are included in the upgrade?
Their drop rate is alot higher than the JDL, SLC and FA, they might be in a differant catagory of loot(I know, it sounds strange).
Don't throw your ESB's out just yet.....

Omnituens
04-09-03, 06:50
Originally posted by Spoon
Don't throw your ESB's out just yet.....

i do this for fun.

i dont think they CAN up the existing rares without going though the entire database, which takes time and increases the chances of "errors"

BlackDove
04-09-03, 07:04
Beh, just do it again. 10 minutes for the queen avalanche, another 10 for a STORM laser, etc. etc.

All too easy (when you are a near capped APU with a near capped-good PPU) :p

StoneRayne
04-09-03, 07:35
Hi BD.
He's talking about energy soulblade... the one from Worm tunnels. That cave does not take 10 minutes, most teams died there completely, and that was PRE-shelter nerf. Now it will be close to impossible to do, and you WILL need a team of at least 10 GOOD people, if not more.

The damage on the apparition is insane... I remember going there back with my hybrid many moons ago, and surviving.. Then when I wanted to get out, I go in the water to swim back and die in, SERIOUSLY, 2 seconds. I'm like "what the.."

=/

FBI
04-09-03, 08:56
I have already said this in the thread he asked about this.

KK cannot upgrade quality of weapons because they are not
static. They can change the TL and damage of the weapon, but
qualitys are not possible...because every weapon in the database
would have to be upgraded (each weapon has random stats so
it must go through the HUGE database 1 by 1 and add 15% to
each field) which is not possible.

Just get new ones...and be grateful they are doing this o_O

jernau
04-09-03, 10:39
I voted "yes" because it would be nice but FBI is right - there is no way I can see for it to happen.

Hey-ho another time-sink to keep us going till the Hookers & Blackjack Patch.

/edit - btw the Apparition isn't that bad.

Heavyporker
04-09-03, 12:35
The Apparition isnt that bad?! Good lord, jernau, wtf are you, a PPU with a laser weapon?!

The Tescom Wormtunnel Appartion Chamber is a deathtrap, a gorgeous place, but a deathtrap!

StoneRayne is right - entire teams have died in there, I would know, several of my full teams that I conviced to come with me died. And they included APU Monks and Hybrid Monks and several PPUs!

Yes, I suppose it won't be too hideous to do a couple runs each for the FlameAvalanche, the Judgement Day Launcher, and the S.T.O.R.M Laser. But the Energy Soulblade is in a different class.

It's a true rare. Doing a run to get one is a trial. A trial of fire and pain. A trial that requires you to take a leap of faith. Your heart has to be pure, as does your teammates' hearts. Your team must be as finely-meshing as the fingers of a artist's hand. Those of us that possess one got it fairly, by spending vast volumes of our blood. We deserve to have the possessed blades upgraded.

hinch
04-09-03, 12:39
having never been in the worm tunnels i got no idea how hard it is :)

i know mike hammer used to go solo them to lvl his hybrid before he lommed to pure ppu

jernau
04-09-03, 12:47
The Apparition isnt that bad?! Good lord, jernau, wtf are you, a PPU with a laser weapon?!

The Tescom Wormtunnel Appartion Chamber is a deathtrap, a gorgeous place, but a deathtrap!

StoneRayne is right - entire teams have died in there, I would know, several of my full teams that I conviced to come with me died. And they included APU Monks and Hybrid Monks and several PPUs!

Yes, I suppose it won't be too hideous to do a couple runs each for the FlameAvalanche, the Judgement Day Launcher, and the S.T.O.R.M Laser. But the Energy Soulblade is in a different class.

It's a true rare. Doing a run to get one is a trial. A trial of fire and pain. A trial that requires you to take a leap of faith. Your heart has to be pure, as does your teammates' hearts. Your team must be as finely-meshing as the fingers of a artist's hand. Those of us that possess one got it fairly, by spending vast volumes of our blood. We deserve to have the possessed blades upgraded.

I think Omni will soon be in here giving his master-class (complete with uber-map) on soloing the apparition.

I've been in there on every class including spies (though spies can't go past the water and live IMO - maybe with PA and other cool new toys we can one day). Normal team is Tank+PPU and it works fine. Only reasons for dying are bugs and player-error once you get the hang of it.

If you are on Saturn give me a shout sometime and I'll show you through it.

Omnituens
04-09-03, 17:20
Originally posted by jernau
I think Omni will soon be in here giving his master-class (complete with uber-map) on soloing the apparition.

Damn right i will be :D

Linkie:
Piccys and info (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66877)

Map:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel_rogers1/WormTunnel/wormmap.jpg

Advice:

Can still be solo'ed my careful/good Hybrid/Tank.
other classes will get ripped to shreads. best to go as team though, fatal errors (as jernau said) are your main threat down there (for me anyway)

ESB is rare? rofl, If your on Saturn, contact me, I got 16 of 'em sat in my trophey cabinet *polishes his unique drops*

only got a few hours on my account left, so a forum PM would be better.

Originally posted by heavyporker
Your heart has to be pure
Hybrid scum reporting in ;)