PDA

View Full Version : APU Random Damage

LTA
03-09-03, 23:34
Should this be in or out?

and why?

Roc-a-fella
03-09-03, 23:35
no other wep is at random i voted no, they should make it one dmg, and not so high :lol: but that is only cause it owns me :cool:

Scikar
03-09-03, 23:36
Well it's not random, it's just like melee and appears random to whoever uses it, and so I don't see any point at all so it should be taken out from both apu and melee.

Shadow Dancer
03-09-03, 23:38
Originally posted by Scikar
Well it's not random, it's just like melee and appears random to whoever uses it,

omg you still believe this crap? *strangles scikar* LOL

Damage is random. ever since the random damage, alot of people have been bitching about apus being oveprowered. That's because of the few times that the apu gets a few "high" hits in a row. Of course they don't say anything when the apu unluckily gets a few "Lows" hits in a row doing bad damage.

I say remove random damage so that people will stop bitching about high damage, thereby avoiding any nerfage.

OpTi
03-09-03, 23:44
heh yeah believe it or not it IS random dmg and it's not an illusion, if it is then explain how sometimes i can kill an aggie in 2 hits then other time it only takes one?

Scikar
03-09-03, 23:46
Originally posted by OpTi
heh yeah believe it or not it IS random dmg and it's not an illusion, if it is then explain how sometimes i can kill an aggie in 2 hits then other time it only takes one?

I really don't believe anyone who says that because for one, I've never seen it, and for another, every time I watch any other monk hit any mob with any spell, the damage is constant. The only time it's ever random is when I'm the one casting the spells, and I've not noticed any difference in how many shots it takes to kill a mob.

Shadow Dancer
03-09-03, 23:52
I really don't believe anyone who says that because for one,

So you don't believe me then? You really think I would lie?

LTA
03-09-03, 23:53
I just logged on to test this just for you scikar :D

Energy Bolt (energy 35) on rats

This is all i can use on my apu at the second

1st rat 3 hits
2nd rat 4 hits
3rd rat 2 hits
4th rat 3 hits

Even if it dosent seem so to others it definatly seems random to me.
You seeing the same numbers all the time, is the same as melee or seeing all the Plasma packets of another player hitting everytime when infact they miss a fair few.

OpTi
03-09-03, 23:54
I really don't believe anyone who says that because for one, I've never seen it, and for another, every time I watch any other monk hit any mob with any spell, the damage is constant. The only time it's ever random is when I'm the one casting the spells, and I've not noticed any difference in how many shots it takes to kill a mob.

everyone monk i see gets a constant dmg amount, i used to think like like you and think it must just be an illusion, then i went to do some aggie missions.

1st aggie dead in 1 hit
2nd aggie dead in 1 shot
3rd aggie hit once not dead o_O had a little health left, thats when i thought "wtf is this?"

did some more tests and i made sure it wasn't lag and even gto soem peeps in the celler with me to check and sure enough they were seeing a cinstant number yet some aggies died in 1 shot and other died in 2

Edit: good point LTA about the plasma, yes people i've teamed with have asked how all my plasma rounds hit yet i was thinking the same about thier shots

Scikar
03-09-03, 23:56
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
So you don't believe me then? You really think I would lie?

There's a difference between accusing you of lying and not believing you. I just think you've made your mind up without enough evidence.

I mean, for all we know mobs might not have a constant amount of health. Suppose their health is a little bit different for each mob? That's why I would rather see someone like Lupus test it fully and make sure that everything's constant, including the HP of the target.

StoneRayne
04-09-03, 01:50
Scikar, I think it has been proven that damage is in fact random now.
If you spend more time in the aggies you'll finally get a hit which takes away less than 50% of aggies health, with the same spell. I personally have hit 310 on an aggie with my old HL a long time ago. He had more than 1/2 his healthbar left.
Also, if you do not believe that damage is absolutely random, take Fire Apoc.
Shoot a grim or something. Back before random damage I think you did like.. 130 first hit to a chaser. Now, if you shoot him until you roll a very low first number, like 80, then stack him up, you'll see that he's dying SO MUCH SLOWER than usual.
The random damage is what's making Fire Apoc useless in PvP, because rolling a low 1st number means you've just wasted 40 mana and some time to do almost no damage, and subsequent stacks will do very little.

SirSensi
04-09-03, 02:22
I dont like the Random damage.. and YES it is Random... I was fighting in the Canyon Sector last week and I was doing around 230 to 300 DMG to Terror Leapers 8| then I logged out for a breif period, logged back in and started attacking another Terror Leaper and to my suprise I was only doing 50 to 70 dmg :wtf:... It may have been because of the log-in/out trick but still... It is way to random... btw, a tank was nearby using what seemed to be a CM Epic Gat Cannon and he was consistent on his dmg, 73(dmg)x48 (rounds).... what ever the math is on dmg for a whole clip... :p

KidWithStick
04-09-03, 02:43
for the love of god get rid of it.

i know people gonna come on and say OMG I CAN DO ANYWHERE FROM 10-100 DAMAGE TO A PLAYER!!!11!

why in the hell would u want that when it could be a solid 70 a hit.

KidWithStick
04-09-03, 02:46
Scikar, it is random...i can kill an agressor in 1 shot, and sometimes it takes 2.

once i did 800 damage to a crawler in chaos caves when i was fully buffed with PSI 3 and it was damage boosted 3 times, but it also went down to 200...thats a big gap.

hinch
04-09-03, 02:49
OT-

arc your signature quote is from a film called
The Edge made in 1997

Shadow Dancer
04-09-03, 02:53
Originally posted by hinch
OT-

arc your signature quote is from a film called
The Edge made in 1997

YOU WIN!

:)

As a reward i'll give you 50k on pluto next time I see you. :)

Eckel
04-09-03, 02:54
I once bumped into Shadow Dancer at cycrow ...... i watched him kill a few mobs and i noticed i could see his dmg ...so i told Shadow i just seen you do 200 240 500 ...he said yeh thats what i saw..... he later msg'd me saying he could see my random dmg..... we tested it .....3 hits ...he told me what he saw and they matched......... I do see constant and i do see the random .....it's just random when it happens ;)

Edit .....
I like random.....releaves the boredom of seeing the same dmg...... quite exciting getting a 500+ on a grim chaser once every so often :p or killing raptors in 2 hits..... :)....

Progenitor
04-09-03, 04:23
Originally posted by OpTi

I have experienced this too.

Sometimes I can drop certain mobs in one hit other times two.

So, I would half to conclude that the random numbers I see are accurate.

-p

alig
04-09-03, 04:46

apu's are 100%, definately random damage.....

Either that or i was just seeing things last night when i did 85 and then 182 on a pe (he had no armour on btw!:lol: )

lol @ shadow dancers comment, thats so true, they never complain when u do like 40dmg :lol: :rolleyes:

t0tt3
04-09-03, 08:13
Originally posted by LTA
Should this be in or out?

and why?

It does random dmg.....

Why when I use the capped HL I deal out from 250 - 550 / hit on a warbot... if thats not random I dont really know what it is. And yes I do have 648% or wtf the capped number is :p

BUT i do like it and wtf is it with this poll yes / no ? yes no to what ?

If i say yes do i say

Should this be in YES ??? O_o
or
Should this be out YES ??O_o

Crappy poll maker do a singel answer question... "Get rid of the random dmg? yes/no..... t.t"

LTA
04-09-03, 11:27
Originally posted by t0tt3

BUT i do like it and wtf is it with this poll yes / no ? yes no to what ?

If i say yes do i say

Should this be in YES ??? O_o
or
Should this be out YES ??O_o

Crappy poll maker do a singel answer question... "Get rid of the random dmg? yes/no..... t.t"

It was kinda simple if ya ask me..

Should APU Damage be random?

Yes = it should be random
No = It shouldnt be random
Dunno = Dont wanna vote etc

The answers are single..... i dunno you reading some other vote somewhere :confused: