PDA

View Full Version : ***IDEA for change of PA4s***

Mr Friendly
03-09-03, 23:23
aight, all PA4s are only slightly increased stats from the PA3, but since the PA4s require like 3 to 4 drugs just to put then on AND nobody can have one on for any longer than 2 mins cuz of the drugs...........shouldnt the PA4s be VERY rewarding when put on?

Im talkin combat skill for the class's PA increased by 30 or more, resists/substats increased by an additional 15 plus the PA3 stats.

this would put u, for a mere 2 mins, possessing godlike power & basically the ability to be invincible. and since u have to drug to get this, the down side would be the hella 15 min long blurryness :\

yall agree?

CD

Progenitor
03-09-03, 23:46
Very good point!

Of course I haven't seen the latest results from the test server, so I don't know what the final stats look like

-p

Heavyporker
04-09-03, 00:36
agreed... the increase in PA strength is too incremental... having a real curve upwards in strength would rock..

PA3s should be impressive enough that the choice to implant up just to use it should be rewarding, and then there;s the godlike PA4s...

right now, the malus just from using PAs makes them academic questions... other than looks.

Scikar
04-09-03, 00:38
I disagree. When you get a drugflash you just pop another drug and it's gone. People don't wear high level PA for just 2 minutes, the ones that do (e.g. tanks wearing gold PA currently) wear them until they run out of drugs, not just until the first drug wears off.

EDIT: And since the bonus is usually already over the flip point the bonus is already massive. The apu bonus on pa4 is huge if you're over 168 apu already, the only reason people don't wear that one is that psis have to gimp themselves a little more than tanks to wear it.

Mr Friendly
04-09-03, 01:02
cant get rid of a drugflash when its 2 or 3 drugs at a time thats blurrin ya :p