PDA

View Full Version : Sniping o.O

OTIS
03-09-03, 22:48
I started a spy. Im using the tangent sniper rifle atm. I have a problem with it. Ok the whole reason i invested in a sniper rifle is because of my lack of str there for a lack of armor. So my idea was to stay away from the mobs and attack with a sniper rifle. Well it seems like a good idea till your actually doing it. When i snipe a mob (example- launcher cyclopes at MB bunker) well i draw aggro from him which was kinda weird to me at first but i figure i can deal with it. Well i start looking around him and i have agressor capts and butchies and a bunch of other shit running for me. Blah blah blach i get killed by an aggie. Well i'm just wondering why i draw aggro from the mobs when sniping that seems messed up to me. I mean i'm sure if i was sniping a player he would be runnin around all confused and stuff wondering where i was yet the mobs just turn and look right at me. Just wondering why they did it like that:confused: :confused:

Roc-a-fella
03-09-03, 22:51
STOP IT

sniping carebear?

neocron didnt invent the o.O ITS NOT A SMILEY IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THE SMILEY DO o_O WHO HAS A DOT FOR A NOSE?

o.O=carebear
o_O=smiley

NO QUANTUM YOU DIDNT INVENT SHITTTTTT

OTIS
03-09-03, 22:53
huh?

icarium
03-09-03, 22:57
Originally posted by OTIS
huh?

precisely

someone with a brain slightly larger than a grape would have put something along the lines of...

it will be to do with the AI, if they made mobs more "intelligent" it would require more processing power on the part of the server. so they keep it simple i.e. "got shot by him, head towards him till my weapons will reach him" not "holy fucking mackarel wtf did that come from? hmm where would be a good position for someone to snipe from... hmm that looks good lets put a few shots over there to keep his head down while i try to sneak around" you see what i am trying to say?

:wtf:

:)

REMUS
03-09-03, 23:00
i dont know what the fuck he is talking about either mate LOL

if i were you tho i would use a tangent assault rifle then move to gattleing rifles then when you can afford it a pain easer, but since you already have t-c use fusion for hunting and keep backing off and maybe a nice raygun for hunting mobs up close for con xp and pvp, and dont laugh spys can pvp they jsut need to have very good timeing and a steath module ;)

Smugly
03-09-03, 23:02
Lets also put to answer the point that if you're sniping a mob you're probably standing ontop of a nice big hill so you've got great coverage with your weapon becasue, either way the mob's going to come for you. Whereas if you were fighting a player leaving a large player shaped silouhette on the Horizon is a potentially suicidal and thus you'd be hiding more when engaging one at long range.

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 23:02
dont mind roc, he's masterd the ability to post UTTER SH*T

Its because Mob's have a aggro zone, you shoot one mob and the main problem here is that the mob instantly knows that you shot him and where you are. (This is also liked to why Mob's know where you are even if your stealthed)

Basically they need to make it so that mob's will only pick up your position if you shoot them from over a certain distance away

Roc-a-fella
03-09-03, 23:15
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
dont mind roc, he's masterd the ability to post UTTER SH*T

JESUS ATLEAST SOMEONE SUPPORT ME:cool:

OTIS
03-09-03, 23:24
it will be to do with the AI, if they made mobs more "intelligent" it would require more processing power on the part of the server. so they keep it simple i.e. "got shot by him, head towards him till my weapons will reach him" not "holy fucking mackarel wtf did that come from? hmm where would be a good position for someone to snipe from... hmm that looks good lets put a few shots over there to keep his head down while i try to sneak around" you see what i am trying to say?

Makes sense i guess but cmon...if we are gunna have sniper rifles in the game lets make them have the effect on the mobs it really would. I mean ive been sniped and now that i know how the mobs react to a sniper shot i feel like a dumbass...but o well thanx for not spamming my thread:)

Ryuben
03-09-03, 23:31
Originally posted by OTIS
Makes sense i guess but cmon...if we are gunna have sniper rifles in the game lets make them have the effect on the mobs it really would. I mean ive been sniped and now that i know how the mobs react to a sniper shot i feel like a dumbass...but o well thanx for not spamming my thread:)

best thing about a sniper rifle is u can have 1500m range and over yet u can only shoot to the draw line which is like 600m for some people so :wtf:

Roc-a-fella
03-09-03, 23:32
are you even able to SEE as far as a sniper goes?

extract
03-09-03, 23:39
yea its cause the mobs always know where u are no mater if they can see you or not its just like the whole thing when we go hunting wbs at F_08 i can snipe them from afar and then sit atop the roof and wait 5 mins for them to get there and ill be the only person they shoot.....btw how u like that titan armor.....bitch betta have my money =P

OTIS
04-09-03, 00:03
lol idk yet i'm not gunna use it till i get my resist setup which requires lomming:( plus i dont wanna look for another SF right now so i'm gunna use my pe's SF :p but u will dont worreh :D

icarium
04-09-03, 01:15
hmm actually thats a good point, get to northstar and snipe warbots, decent wep you can kill em before they reach you

Breschau
04-09-03, 01:25
There's the added fun that some mobs' weapons have ridiculous range compared with others.

Yes, I'm talking about you mr gatlin pistol. Outranges a warbot's funky xray cannon thing. Or mutant street rifles - they have decent range for a rifle that level when players get em, but give em to a mutant and they're pretty much unlimited range. Hell, nailguns too, though they miss a lot.

(and who can forget the old mutant gunmen's flamers.. thankfully their range actually does seem to be reduced, though it's still 10x the range of a player flamer)

KidWithStick
04-09-03, 01:33
its the same reason a launcher can shoot a PB 20 drone when its 2 miles in the air, to make you mad.

Drexel
04-09-03, 04:59
Otis, you just wanna hunt lone mobs, my suggestion, hunt warbots.

Even if your low level you can stayoutta their range, just walk backwards with each magazine change.

Oh, & make sure you have at least 50 hack, 60 better.

You get to level & make millions from rares.

SigmaDraconis
04-09-03, 06:21
This is backwards..most people complain about mobs being too stupid o.0

Breschau
04-09-03, 09:31
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
This is backwards..most people complain about mobs being too stupid o.0

This isn't them being smart though. It's them being omniscient to compensate for being stupid. That's maybe one reason people complain about them being stupid - if they were smart, this kinda thing wouldn't be as necessary.

GurTjaN
04-09-03, 12:55
go rifle it RoX :angel:

Futureman
04-09-03, 13:59
Stay away from tangent gatlin cannon, it will only make you wish you hadn't wasted your money or had wasted even more getting it bped and constructed. Don't use the low level snipers till Commando, because the Assault Rifles work further and can shoot as far as you'll ever need. Sure no zoom, but they are lower TL than the Snipers and can kill everything quicker. Plus you can shoot outside clipping range, you just have to know where the hitbox is, but the problem is that if its a player its hard to see, but if its a warbot its easy. The clipping range is further at night, so you can see further, and that make WB killing easier.

A good fusion cannon is a good investment. The tl 50 or 60 ish ones work good against WBs. The hardest thing about the rare game is knowing which ones are good and which ones suck and how to get the most from them. If you can get a Tangent Epic Rifle do it as fast as possible. Its the closest thing to having a rare at TL 75. I like mine a lot and still use it for WB hunting. Works better than my HL, but i just got to use that one.

superfresh
04-09-03, 16:18
You become a monster magnet once you hit one. I was hunting firemobs the other day. I hit a Chaser in the corner of the sector. It started following me so I ran half way across the zone, well out of sight of the Chaser, and changed direction. Sure enough when I went back, the Chaser had changed direction as well.

Ideally the Chaser would have stopped, or bumbled around lost and confused. But then you have to consider, should sniping be risk free when hunting?

8ball(saturn)
04-09-03, 23:47
i didnt even know o.0 ment shit... that second responce... what the HELL are you talking about?!

StryfeX
05-09-03, 03:48
Up the mob's intelligence. Make it dependent on the type of mob as well as the level of the mob. I.E. - Elite S.T.O.R.M. Bots would have really good tactics and intelligence, while a Grim Chaser would still be relatively smart and be able to track for a distance, but they wouldn't have very good tactics.

--Stryfe

KRIMINAL99
05-09-03, 04:00
if you snipe from far enough away they wont aggro... And even if they do you can just keep retreating. I used to kill wbs like that NP with a 1000+ m range ryker laser cannon so I know you can do it with the 2k ranged snipers with scopes.

8ball(saturn)
05-09-03, 05:10
i used to snipe TGs who i ahem... "deemed"............"dangerous".........