PDA

View Full Version : PPU's and PA

superfresh
03-09-03, 22:00
I've almost capped psi on a PPU and realized something...

Is it impossible to wear PA3 without a Dimension Splitter?

Shadow Dancer
03-09-03, 22:01
Originally posted by superfresh

Nope. You can use xp controller 3 or psi memory 3.

Then use one drug to wear the pa.

When you GR somewhere else you can drug up again OR just relog and you'll be wearing the pa. :D

superfresh
03-09-03, 22:18
Bummer. :(

Thx though...

OpTi
03-09-03, 22:22
don't you have to eat a mushroom or have to take 2 drugs to get it on without a DS?

tho with a DS and PA3 i think i remembered working out i could get 99 ppw on my apu with a DS while still having 180apu *looks through old notes* ;)

Mr Friendly
03-09-03, 23:10
nah, thats along with all the other drugs to get the PA4 on

but personally i feel that since nobody can keep a PA4 on for anymore than 2 mins, shouldnt they make u godlike? u know, dmg like a GM, take zero dmg, but then the drug effect will make u blind & gimpo..............but until then ur a demon of destruction :D

Ryuben
03-09-03, 23:28
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Nope. You can use xp controller 3 or psi memory 3.

Then use one drug to wear the pa.

When you GR somewhere else you can drug up again OR just relog and you'll be wearing the pa. :D

heh where atm tanks can't even get into pa3 with out gimpage

OpTi
03-09-03, 23:35
Originally posted by Ryuben

which they fixing right now on the test server ain't they?

Ryuben
03-09-03, 23:36
Originally posted by OpTi
which they fixing right now on the test server ain't they?

meh meant to but.....havn't heard much about it lol, also where are PE + Spy PA :confused:

Shadow Dancer
03-09-03, 23:36
Originally posted by Ryuben

xp controller 3=gimpage

OpTi
03-09-03, 23:43
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
xp controller 3=gimpage

so true. It's that chip that monks DISPISE, i hate this chip with a passion but without it i cannot use my holy antibuff :(

I am on a mission to get a DS i won't rest until i have one and can finaly get rid of this pos chip. The combination of str and force resist it takes is to me too much my ppu can get away with the loss of ppu put into ppw to make up but my apu loses ALOT of transport. When i have all my PvP spells on me i can carry around 14 sets of boosters maybe a few more but not much

extract
03-09-03, 23:45
Ive got 97 psi on my PPU and he wears PA 3 but is gimped slightly cause he uses xp cont 3 psi mem 3 and psi core...normally I would just use PA 2 and def processor 2 as i would get more psu and ppu BUT I wanted to be able to use my holy catharsus sanctum my buffs are all still capped anyways so it doesnt really matter im just gimped a lil on the rate of fire on my rares but my heal def and shelt are all capped dmg so in some instances you can get good setup and be a lil gimped and yes i had to drug to put my PA on but its not that big of deal to have to relog to activate it since i crash on a regular basis anyways it seems natural to me =P

Archeus
04-09-03, 00:40
Originally posted by superfresh

I'm wondering if it is even possible to wear PA4?

PA3 looks doable even with the imps I have (and they aren't even great).

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-09-03, 00:49
soon you will see that wearing the pa2 and using the defence 2 and 3 chips with a core, and exp controler or ds, is better than sacraficing a defence chip 2 to get into pa3.

I wish they would fix that blunder :(

StoneRayne
04-09-03, 01:44
Also out of curiousity, why in the blue hell do you need a PA? PPUs can get everything they can imagine to get without any version of PA.

livide
04-09-03, 01:46
well.... there is also the possibility to put in mem 3, def 3 and exp 3 along with core ... also gives u 115 without any drugs...

OpTi
04-09-03, 02:24
Originally posted by livide
well.... there is also the possibility to put in mem 3, def 3 and exp 3 along with core ... also gives u 115 without any drugs...

and lose ppu/apu, kinda defeats to point really

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-09-03, 02:36
Originally posted by livide

that's the setup I'm talking about, it is gimpsville. :mad:

Delloda
04-09-03, 03:48
Originally posted by Archeus
I'm wondering if it is even possible to wear PA4?

PA3 looks doable even with the imps I have (and they aren't even great).

Yes it is possible to wear PA4, i wore it once in plaza but it's blue like PA3...which sux, i was hoping it would be green or something . :(

there are a few combo's to use to try it on but what i used to try it on was:

Psicore
DS
exp con 3
detrosol
dextrosol forte
Kriak'n(sp?) mushroom
crecent tab

made me rank --/79 but as i said it sucked casue it was blue like pa3 :(