PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Reakktor :)

FBI
03-09-03, 18:25
For listening.

Originally posted by Thanatos
Test Patch 212 Notes
- New option in neocron.ini: 'LIMITMODES = "FALSE"' removes the limitation
of the fullscreen modes. No liability for display errors in the main menu and R.P.O.S.
(you can use uncommon resolutions)

- Really fixed the Construction Chips now.
- Smart targeting eyes all give T-C now.
- Increased PPW bonus on Psi Core and Dimension Splitter from 10 to 14.
- Increased research bonus on advanced nerves from 3/5/8 to 5/10/15.
- Fixed "Special Rigger Interface" drop, drops like the other rare imps now.
- Added Kamikaze chips (+ Combat Skills, - Resists). GM-spawn only.
- Added antigamma bones. GM-spawn only.

- Fixed resists on PAs.
- Adjusted colors on all PAs, all versions of one type of PA have the same color now.

- Fixed ammo consumption on lasercannon, pulse pistols and STORM laser.
- Added rare Kamikaze drone "Revenge". (TL 93 | REQ: 93 DEX, 111 RCL, 80 WPW)
- Fixed/changed some item names.
- Increased drop quality of "Special Dungeon Items" (STORM Laser, Flameavalanche etc).
- Doubled vehicle weapon damage.

- Added Dome of York Kamikaze soldiers. Only these drop the Kamikaze chips. GM-spawn only.
- Added Regant Mutants. For now GM-spawn only.

from: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74142

They increased the quality of rare weapon drops (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71578) which I
have been really hoping for. Then on top of that, they fixed the
laser cannon ammo (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71097) consumption.

They increased PPW on some chips, it may not be alot of mana
boost but it's better than nothing imo.

This testpatch really shows KK and contributers are listening and
submitting our suggestions/changes that make sense to the devs.
I guess the only thing we have to have is patience, mine almost
ran out along with my my faith in KK until i read these patch notes.

Thanks again, hope these make it to retail :)

(now i can remove the link below my banner sig)

FBI

Judge
03-09-03, 18:30
WOOHOO go KK.... I also heard something about a rare shotgun.... Any more news on that?

P.S. If you add in more rares please clean up the rare pool :D

Shadow Dancer
03-09-03, 18:38
fixed ppw on DS after I sold it. *weep* :p

Anyways, um yea they do listen. Remember FBI? You said "forget it KK won't listen" and I said "be patient". ;)

FBI
03-09-03, 18:40
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Anyways, um yea they do listen. Remember FBI? You said "forget it KK won't listen" and I said "be patient". ;)

I remember quite well :angel:

This is why I had to say thanks, but i should also say sorry for
some of my negative feedback recently, it was mostly due to my
impatience :(

Sorry :p

Original monk
03-09-03, 19:06
GM spawn only does this means ya ask a GM to spawn it for lets say 15k or so ?

I can dream can I, darn GM's always get the neat stuff :P

Anyways coowl patch it looks. Especially the DS and psi-core boost :P ty kk

Edit: can any GM please spawn a dome of york soldier in my appartment: original monk -> last appartment in the game, at the end of the street at the beach at viarosso 3: pass: original monk

TY in advance :P

(i can still dream can i ?)

:angel:

Mankind
03-09-03, 19:20
Hmm...

I like that Advanced Nerves 3 are better now and the Construction chips are fixed.

I like the PPW raise.

I like the weapons getting better quality off boss monsters. This MIGHT make Flame Avalanche a real good spell now.

And I hope I like the new resists on PA.

But...80% of the stuff on there is "GM Spawn" only :wtf:

Pitspawn
03-09-03, 19:25
They increased PPW on some chips, it may not be alot of mana
boost but it's better than nothing imo.

Actually its a lot more than you think. Many APU/PPU are close to the PPW spec bonus of 102, but not actually hitting it. An overall boost of 2x4 (8 ppw) will on almost all cases put them above that point where each PPW point is worth double the normal value. So infact, its a lot more helpful than first thought. Unfortunately it makes the dimension splitter even more desired.

Patch looks quite good tbh.

Nullifidian
03-09-03, 19:33
It's good to see that the new rare chips do not give complete advantage over those that won't have them. The fact that they take away resists means they won't be good for all setups, and so it merely changes playing style; gives new options to those who have them. This is a much better approach to rares than the current approach.

The current approach is that rares give an advantage to an extent that they are required. Instead of an advantage, rares should give an alternative. Thus, a person with a rare wouldn't be more powerful, they would simply be given more options. If that were true for all skills and all rares, then people could actually be useful to a clan without having any rares. While those with rares might be able to fulfill multiple roles, or special roles, no rare would be required to fill any key role; support or otherwise. You wouldn't need a rare to be able to be the best damage dealer, you wouldn't need a rare to offer the best protection, and you wouldn't need a rare to fulfill the role of tradeskiller.

This would open up the possibility of those who aren't even capped yet to be able to participate in PvP and clan warfare, etc. Also, people who don't want to waste their time camping and/or farming would be able to participate as well.

ClownBoat
03-09-03, 19:35
No PvP changes and more worthless crap.

Thanks!

REMUS
03-09-03, 19:39
very nice, hopefully we wont have to wait to long untill it reachs retail, but the spy armour still isnt featured which is a majour dissapointment for me and im guessing alot of others :(

power armour is now all the same colour :confused: does that mean that all first level pa is grey, 2nd = blue, 3rd = yellow and 4th = red? or are they all grey now or somthing?

I wish they hadnt closed that thread :/

Shadow Dancer
03-09-03, 19:42
I really hope KK doesn't intend to "fix" the mana problem with monks by enhancing the DS. :rolleyes:

It should be "realisticly" obtainable by all monks.

ericdraven
03-09-03, 19:44
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
It should be "realisticly" obtainable by all monks.

Isn't it?

But i heard of someone who sold his DS and complains now about his small energy pool.. hmm.. can't remember his name at the moment.. :p

/me runs away and hides

Heavyporker
03-09-03, 19:49
shut up clownboat... you're starting to grate on me with your constant, unyielding slurring of KK.

at least try to make an intelligent, well-reasoned arguement.
/rant off

I guess now with the mob uniques dropping at a higher quality, I gotta sell all my previous ones at Yo's. Ah well.

All that other stuff sounds interesting... I hate to think of shadow dancer with APU Kamikaze Chips and the like... heh heh.
ShadowDancer, its not like having an extra shot's worth of mana is going to create a rift between monks with DS and those without.

FlameAvalanche was "okay" now, I used it for certain bits of mob hunting...
Making it viable for "real" hunting, even for PvP, depends on how high a quality it drops. If they go down at around 100%, and slot chances are the same, then hells, *I* would give them a crack! Shame that 3-slotted FlameAvalanches come around once every blue moon.
I wonder if current mob uniques still in player possession will get a bump in quality? One can only hope.... I do!

FBI
03-09-03, 19:50
Originally posted by ClownBoat
No PvP changes and more worthless crap.

Thanks!

PvP changes? Well they increased the stats on rare weapon drops,
which means a STORM cannon can be used for long range with
x4 damage (more than TT laser cannon), so this is PvP related
in a way, it's how you look at it. They increased psi mana which
is effective in PvP as well. So what are you smoking?

You just have a bad way of looking at things. Two changes in
this patch came from two of my threads. If you want something
changed and think it's a good idea, goto the brainport and tell
us all _why_ it should be and maybe the next patch will make
you happy.

I certainly am, thanks KK indeed.

FBI

Nullifidian
03-09-03, 20:01
Originally posted by FBI
They increased psi mana

No, they didn't increase psi mana. They increased mana for people who have rare Psi chips.

To be honest, that is a change that really pisses me off. Why? Because it's yet another fucking advantage given to people who have rares. The further the gap between those who have rares and those who don't make PvP that much more UNviable for players like myself who neither have the time to camp and farm, nor would enjoy camping or farming even if we had the time to do it. I've been around for quite a while, and I have only owned 1 rare: a marine chip that a friend who quit gave me.

I may not currently be all that common a type of player in Neocron, but that's because most people who don't like to camp simply quit the second they find out it's necessary. Get rid of the camping, get rid of the farming, and you'll increase the population and increase the fun.

Dirus
03-09-03, 20:04
The increase in the PPW on the PSI-Core and the DS was to bring back the bonus to PPU or APU the chips used to have before the -30% change since a 4.26 PPW point increase adds enough to APU or PPU damage that the opposite the chip also gives removes due to it. An un-avoidable side-effect of that was an increase to the mana pool :p

It was not changed for mana reasons, only for APU/PPU damage reasons.

This is only part of the revamping same with the Bonus changes on the Advanced Nerves & Smart CyberEye's.

I personally have a ton of things I'm looking at. Callash is also looking into different things, the drop only weapons being raised was his doing. So there may be more to come change wise in the future.

And before anyone feaks. Mana as Rizzy can attest to since I was talking to him earlier today on IRC is also going to be looked at by me. I can't give out any ideas as to what will change if anything changes at all in regards to it, however it's not going to be ignored all together either. It'll get looked at while I'm looking at the various weapons as it's a factor in that area as well.

Pitspawn
03-09-03, 20:24
@Lupus:

IMO something other than PPW should determine regeneration rate of mana pool.

Example would be PSU. Would mean PSU is worth more and would also mean a little less strain for all the monks with a gimped pool (I was one of them) To balance it you could cap regen rate with the use of a booster. Even if you capped it to what it is now it would mean playing an apu/ppu becomes a lot cheaper. I really dont think its balancing that monks spend millions on their ammo while tank/pe/spies only spend thousands.

Shadow Dancer
03-09-03, 20:25
Originally posted by Lupus

And before anyone feaks. Mana as Rizzy can attest to since I was talking to him earlier today on IRC is also going to be looked at by me. I can't give out any ideas as to what will change if anything changes at all in regards to it, however it's not going to be ignored all together either. It'll get looked at while I'm looking at the various weapons as it's a factor in that area as well.

Thank god. The mana problem is aggravating for an apu. Shooting for 4 seconds in PvM, then waiting 5 seconds for reload. :rolleyes: I know you said nothing might change, but thankfully it's being looked at.

And dont' worry, I won't "feak". lol

Shadow Dancer
03-09-03, 20:29
Originally posted by ericdraven
Isn't it?

No it's not.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ericdraven

But i heard of someone who sold his DS and complains now about his small energy pool.. hmm.. can't remember his name at the moment.. :p

/me runs away and hides

Yea, you apus shouldn't have low mana period. Requiring a DS for a "good" pool is just silly. Anyways, what about alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the other tons of monks on the server with no mc5 chip? If it was "realisticly" attainable, a hell of alot more people would have one. And I sold it, and i'm glad I sold it. I don't "care" about dying anymore. I can go back to the same op war 4-5 times without bitching about my DS losing 35589898 quality or being out of action because I can't get it poked.

But anyways i guess we disagree.

Originally posted by Heavyporker

All that other stuff sounds interesting... I hate to think of shadow dancer with APU Kamikaze Chips and the like... heh heh.
ShadowDancer, its not like having an extra shot's worth of mana is going to create a rift between monks with DS and those without.

rofl, If the kami chips add like +20 to apu and take away -20 x-ray and fire, or something like that, i can use it and get a great mana pool. THat's a sacrifice i'm willing to make. And I don't mind a big rif of mana between monks with ds and monks without, i just don't think you should need a ds to get a "decent" pool.

I wish the pool cap was bigger. :D

Btw, a capped flame avalanche is still bad. Sorry to all you monks out there. :D :D :D

Scikar
03-09-03, 20:36
Arc, I compared a 3 slot fire beam with a 0 slot, better flame avalanche. The flame avalanche did almost as much damage as the beam. A capped one might not be as good as FA or HL, but I would certainly be more effective than shop weapons.

Shadow Dancer
03-09-03, 20:42
Originally posted by Scikar
Arc, I compared a 3 slot fire beam with a 0 slot, better flame avalanche. The flame avalanche did almost as much damage as the beam. A capped one might not be as good as FA or HL, but I would certainly be more effective than shop weapons.

I guess that's ok for the aspiring apu. :p

And FA is crap anyways lol.

Dirus
03-09-03, 20:42
The upped quality on Dropped weapons won't do anything for the amount of damage they do. The only thing it will effect is how easy they are to cap.

Damage is something different all together.

Scikar
03-09-03, 20:45
The upped quality on Dropped weapons won't do anything for the amount of damage they do. The only thing it will effect is how easy they are to cap.

My point was the 3 slot fire beam only just outdamage the 0 slot, better flame avalanche. Therefore a flame avalanche with higher quality would easily outdamage the fire beam. :)

Capping a flame avalanche I would say is probably irrelevant, since in 90% of cases by the time you reach a point where you can cap a tl90 non-rare, you've got enough tech parts to trade for a rare.

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 20:45
Originally posted by Pitspawn
Actually its a lot more than you think. Many APU/PPU are close to the PPW spec bonus of 102, but not actually hitting it. An overall boost of 2x4 (8 ppw) will on almost all cases put them above that point where each PPW point is worth double the normal value. So infact, its a lot more helpful than first thought. Unfortunately it makes the dimension splitter even more desired.

Patch looks quite good tbh.

does that mean your coming back ?? PLEASE DEAR GOD SAY YEEEEEEEES ^^ :D

Shadow Dancer
03-09-03, 20:46

True, but I had a 4 slot flame ava I capped the damage on. So i was only making the statement that even if you cap damage on it it's still weak. :p

CarniFlex
03-09-03, 21:07
more ppw means one thing for me as a apu... higher rank :)

im like rank 60/65 most of my days here now getting good cash flow and actually getting drops from cyclops :D

A friend and me checked ... he had a capped holy lightning and was combat rank 78... with a ppw of 130
I get combat rank 60... with a ppw of 86

my friend now wont get any more rare tech parts from warbots im guessing hehehe :D

Heavyporker
03-09-03, 21:20
Yo Lupus - will the mob uniques already in player possession be upped to those that would drop at the higher quality, or will everyone have to start over?

(shudders at the thought of having to throw out his 2 and 3 slot mob dropped stuff because they won't even begin to compete with the new stuff)

Sleawer
03-09-03, 21:44

Lupus, regarding the mana in monks... I have some results that you might find interesting. I met Rizzy in Test Server this morning, and told him aswell my results in damage, rof, range and mana.

My monk in Test Server is called "MrMyself" and in retail I am "Jewish".

Pitspawn
03-09-03, 21:51
@Fényx:

No, a good patch isnt going to remove all the problems of Neocron. But lets not get into another 'why i dont think NC is for me anymore' rant please. For those who still actively enjoy Neocron, good for them i hope they continue to enjoy it. I will check on the NC forums until GOA (European DaoC providers) get their asses in gear and bring up the subscription pages. Trust me, you've not seen bad customer service support until you seen these guys. Subscription page, contact emails, oog data services, customer service support all brought down. For two weeks. And they've given us news updates only 3 times. Its been almost a week since the last one.

RayBob
03-09-03, 21:59
Thanks for fixing the drop of the Rigger's Interface and for the new KK drones. Can someone on the test server tell me if they are any good?

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 22:23
Originally posted by RayBob
Thanks for fixing the drop of the Rigger's Interface and for the new KK drones. Can someone on the test server tell me if they are any good?

same as the MC5 one only +5 DEX :)

t0tt3
03-09-03, 22:27
Nice... hmm nice.... hmmmmm nice..... hmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Well DS + APU = crap....
If you hunt u can die about 10 times a day 3 hits and booom dead... and the poor cond on the DS would be 45/80 in matter of weeks :D Or maybe not gonna take you 5 days until u can get repoked and go out and hunt again ;)

Just bring back all the "we doing this to nerf the hyb to death" things so we can run with some mana =) woohooo a APU with mana or kill the tank by do 30% dmg loss if he use M-C "no more bat arms :D" mohahhahaha and give the poor tank a new funny weapon all smurfs running around with a CS and all monks use HL t.t give us more weapons that we can use to kill each other so u dont need the cookie cutter res setup..... BAHHAHAHHAHA hmmm bahhahaha hmmmmmmm bh.....

1+3+5+......+99 = well i say 2500 how do u tell it ?

R.S.Savage
03-09-03, 23:07
[i]FlameAvalanche was "okay" now, I used it for certain bits of mob hunting...
Making it viable for "real" hunting, even for PvP, depends on how high a quality it drops. If they go down at around 100%, and slot chances are the same, then hells, *I* would give them a crack! Shame that 3-slotted FlameAvalanches come around once every blue moon. [/B]

i got a 4 slot :P

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 23:12
Originally posted by R.S.Savage
i got a 4 slot :P

its a shame its brobably got ~40% stats compared to the 90% stats youll get on the ones they drop now :)

STORM Lasers are pretty good now aswell. cap damage on it without self buffs and thats unmodded. Also cap ROF i Think at 140/min. the aimings pretty damn fast and its rage is stupid :p just plain stupid. Its a tanks sniping weapon now. TBH its probably better than a SH because of the clip size and reload/ROF times are faster ^^

FBI
03-09-03, 23:43
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Yo Lupus - will the mob uniques already in player possession be upped to those that would drop at the higher quality, or will everyone have to start over?

(shudders at the thought of having to throw out his 2 and 3 slot mob dropped stuff because they won't even begin to compete with the new stuff)

Stats on weapons can't be modified by a patch i don't think.

You'll have to get new ones, i'd love my 4 slot storm laser to
get upgraded but it's not possible.

RayBob
04-09-03, 00:48
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
same as the MC5 one only +5 DEX :)

Actually, I was asking about the new KK drones. :)

Ray