PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Run-time error

Winiard
03-09-03, 18:13
Howdy,

After a long time on inactivity, i decided to start playing Neocron again. Installed it this morning, downloaded all the patches and updated the software etc.
And a problem appeared : as i launched Neocron, the setup screen poped out, but the choices for Video (driver/mode) dont show up, and the audio scroll-down selection is all in corrupt (symbols).
If i just ignore and press OK, i get a fatal runtime error.
Any ideas ?

Dan

P.S.

already re-installed the game once this morning...

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 18:14
Originally posted by Winiard
Howdy,

After a long time on inactivity, i decided to start playing Neocron again. Installed it this morning, downloaded all the patches and updated the software etc.
And a problem appeared : as i launched Neocron, the setup screen poped out, but the choices for Video (driver/mode) dont show up, and the audio scroll-down selection is all in corrupt (symbols).
If i just ignore and press OK, i get a fatal runtime error.
Any ideas ?

Dan

P.S.

already re-installed the game once this morning...

Whats the spec of your PC, what motherboard, sound, gfx card are tyou using. Also when was the last time you updated your drivers ?

MjukisDjur
03-09-03, 18:15
kill the process atiptaxx.exe :)

Winiard
03-09-03, 18:20
AMD 2100+ 1.7 GHz
256 mem
GeForce 2MX

Neocron worked on this comp a 2/3 months ago...
Is it possible that a newer version of Direct X or one of the patches is responsible ?

No ati.exe process.

Winiard
04-09-03, 18:55
Problem solved,
Had to fully restore the system, everything works like a charm.

Things i do for NC ;).

ReefSmoker
04-09-03, 22:24
If anyone else encounters this problem, uninstall your graphics drivers, reboot the system, and then do a fresh install of the latest drivers. Don't know why it works, but it does.

Take care,

ReefSmoker