View Full Version : Rare Shotgun :)

jernau
03-09-03, 16:47
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=907352#post907352

Cool. :D

They are listening.

DonnyJepp
03-09-03, 16:55
Yes I hope we aren't left hanging on that single reference for 6 months before it makes retail :D

Looking forward to the gun though! Shotgun with fire-modded ammo does stacking damage :D

Duder
03-09-03, 16:57
Ehm, the rare shotgun is like the Wyatt Earp for Rifles....Hopefully theyll power it up a bit..

jernau
03-09-03, 17:00
Originally posted by Duder
Ehm, the rare shotgun is like the Wyatt Earp for Rifles....Hopefully theyll power it up a bit..

They are according to Mr. Thanatos. :)

DonnyJepp
03-09-03, 17:02
Originally posted by jernau
They are according to Mr. Thanatos. :)

I think such a gun would go hand-in-hand with a stealth tool. Pop in, unload a few barrels, pop out and watch them burn, rinse, repeat :D

Ozambabbaz
03-09-03, 17:05
RAWR!!!11!1onetwotehgheyme

hail to the king, baby :D

jernau
03-09-03, 17:06
Can we get the boom-shclocka-schlocka sound effect from Doom?

Or can Codi tell us what to call the file if we just happen to have it lying about on an old CD somewhere ;).

/edit - Elvis (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71638) + Decent shotgun > DOY.

Lucjan
03-09-03, 17:06
A tank called Shotgun with a rare shotgun would be the deal :D

Any news on the reqs for that rare shotgun? I cant loggin on test server for at least two days :(

Nixon
03-09-03, 17:09
Originally posted by Lucjan
A tank called Shotgun with a rare shotgun would be the deal :D

Any news on the reqs for that rare shotgun? I cant loggin on test server for at least two days :(

Shotty is back (again)

Duder
03-09-03, 17:20
Isnt his name [S]hotgun now?

Nixon
03-09-03, 17:21
Yep

Duder
03-09-03, 17:24
k

Chaplin
03-09-03, 17:46
Originally posted by Duder
k

this must be the most useless post ever made ;) scnr

Judge
03-09-03, 18:58
Yeah can anyone tell me the reqs for the rare shotgun? Also duder did you go out a get the parts on the TS, as the weapons dude doesn't give it out :(

Nullifidian
03-09-03, 20:21
Rare shotgun? Where?

New option in neocron.ini: 'LIMITMODES = "FALSE"' removes the limitation of the fullscreen modes. No liability for display errors in the main menu and R.P.O.S. (you can use uncommon resolutions)

not there

- Really fixed the Construction Chips now.
not there either

- Smart targeting eyes all give T-C now.
not there

- Increased PPW bonus on Psi Core and Dimension Splitter from 10 to 14.
nope, not there

- Increased research bonus on advanced nerves from 3/5/8 to 5/10/15.
nothing bout shotguns there

- Fixed "Special Rigger Interface" drop, drops like the other rare imps now.
I see no shotguns

- Added Kamikaze chips (+ Combat Skills, - Resists). GM-spawn only.
where are the shotguns?

- Added antigamma bones. GM-spawn only.
nope, not a shotgun

- Fixed resists on PAs.
shotgun? negatory.

- Adjusted colors on all PAs, all versions of one type of PA have the same color now.
is it? is it? no it isn't

- Fixed ammo consumption on lasercannon, pulse pistols and STORM laser.
ammo stuff, but nothing about a shotgun

- Added rare Kamikaze drone "Revenge". (TL 93 | REQ: 93 DEX, 111 RCL, 80 WPW)
that's a drone, not a shotgun

- Fixed/changed some item names.
perhaps they changed the name of pumpguns to shotguns. Nothing in there about a rare shotgun though.

- Increased drop quality of "Special Dungeon Items" (STORM Laser, Flameavalanche etc).
not one of them is a shotgun

- Doubled vehicle weapon damage.
no vehicle mounted shotguns

- Added Dome of York Kamikaze soldiers. Only these drop the Kamikaze chips. GM-spawn only.
GM spawned non-shotgun mobs

- Added Regant Mutants. For now GM-spawn only.

these aren't shotguns either

So where are these shotguns folks are talking about?????

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 20:23
Apparently the shotgun's called '' The Terminator '' I SHIT YOU NOT ! :lol:

Spoon
03-09-03, 20:25
Originally posted by Nullifidian

So where are these shotguns folks are talking about?????

That's what I was wondering....

I think Thanatos was reffering to the Store bought SG's...

@jernau, are you starting a rumor?....:p

Drake6k
03-09-03, 20:59
what TL is it?

/edit nm I read other thread

Duder
03-09-03, 21:16
Thanatos was PKing people in Plaza 1 (Shooting Copbots, spawning stuff to shoot, shooting another GM), when he said the rare shotgun was named "Teriminator", i didnt really believe him...meh....

jernau
03-09-03, 21:45
Originally posted by Spoon
That's what I was wondering....

I think Thanatos was reffering to the Store bought SG's...

@jernau, are you starting a rumor?....:p

Read the thread I posted.

Half way down MDGeist mentions it and then Thanatos confirms it.

I think it's been on TS for a while actually but it looks like players can get it now.

I haven't been on TS to confirm but I'm sure others have.

Dirus
03-09-03, 22:13
The Shotgun was added in Patch 211 so it's been there for a couple patches. in 212 it's damage was upped, however it'll get boosted again as it's still not quite right.

I believe it was Callash who referred to it as the Wyatt Earp of the Rifles. Tho I'm pretty sure he ment TL wise since It's TL87 and the Wyatt is TL88.

I have been toying with making some changes to the current Store bought Shotguns as well. Since all 3 are TL35 and lower I may see about moving a couple up the ladder a bit as a few weapon classes have some holes to fill up at certain TL's.

I'll have to see what the consequences would be of raising the TL of weapons already in game. As it may effect some people who are using them currently. This applies to all weapons and not just the Shotguns.

I'd rather work with whats in game already weapon wise when I can then bring in even more weapons.

Nullifidian
03-09-03, 22:26
Originally posted by Lupus
The Shotgun was added in Patch 211 so it's been there for a couple patches. in 212 it's damage was upped, however it'll get boosted again as it's still not quite right.

I believe it was Callash who referred to it as the Wyatt Earp of the Rifles. Tho I'm pretty sure he ment TL wise since It's TL87 and the Wyatt is TL88.

I have been toying with making some changes to the current Store bought Shotguns as well. Since all 3 are TL35 and lower I may see about moving a couple up the ladder a bit as a few weapon classes have some holes to fill up at certain TL's.

I'll have to see what the consequences would be of raising the TL of weapons already in game. As it may effect some people who are using them currently. This applies to all weapons and not just the Shotguns.

I'd rather work with whats in game already weapon wise when I can then bring in even more weapons.

I'm rather surprised that weapons can't be put on a sliding scale. By that I mean that each weapontype would have a formula to calculate damage, reqs, etc. based on TL. By that I mean that weapons wouldn't have a fixed TL as it is now. Instead, you could buy, find, or create nearly any weapon at nearly any TL. Different stores could perhaps then sell different TLs of such guns. You could have a TL 90 Unlabeled Laser Cannon for example. It would not however be as good as a TL 90 Laser Cannon. It might be cheaper though. Of course, item recipes would have to be made dynamic too. As the TL goes up, the recipe would have to automatically change to fit the weapon.

UNfortunately, I have a feeling the database wasn't set up to handle that kind of system. If that's true, then it's kind of a pity as that limits a lot of possibility for gameplay enhancements.

Marzola
03-09-03, 23:24
Any word on if Tanks might get some new toys soon? *cough*readmypostlinkisinsig*cough*

Judge
03-09-03, 23:24
Are players able to get hold of it for testing...

Breschau
04-09-03, 02:00
Originally posted by Nullifidian
I'm rather surprised that weapons can't be put on a sliding scale. By that I mean that each weapontype would have a formula to calculate damage, reqs, etc. based on TL. By that I mean that weapons wouldn't have a fixed TL as it is now. Instead, you could buy, find, or create nearly any weapon at nearly any TL. Different stores could perhaps then sell different TLs of such guns. You could have a TL 90 Unlabeled Laser Cannon for example. It would not however be as good as a TL 90 Laser Cannon. It might be cheaper though. Of course, item recipes would have to be made dynamic too. As the TL goes up, the recipe would have to automatically change to fit the weapon.

UNfortunately, I have a feeling the database wasn't set up to handle that kind of system. If that's true, then it's kind of a pity as that limits a lot of possibility for gameplay enhancements.

If that system were possible, it'd rock hugely imo. Especially if the constructor can basically choose what TL to build a gun at (or try to build, depending on skill). It'd make constructing a bit more interesting, and make weaponry much more varied and personal. If that idea is anywhere on brainport I wanna know so I can go give it 5 stars, even if it's unlikely to ever be implemented.

Lanigav
04-09-03, 08:16
OMG, this is SO cool!!! :D Thank you KK!!! Maybe this'll help the typical cookie cutter Pain Easer setup, especially for PE's.

Now all we need is the same treatment for the nailguns and we're in business!! :D

FBI
04-09-03, 08:49
I hope they give the shotgun to players for testing, not just
GMs....who i doubt have been playing as hardcore as some of us.

Siygess
04-09-03, 11:55
As they say around here, "w00t - that roxxors" or something like that.. I've been using my 4 slotted, phosph modded Enforcer shotgun in conjunction with a stealth activator for a while now.. so I'll be more than happy to see an improvement in damage and raise in TL for it when it hits retail.